Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Not the best day for me today!! For breakfast I had 1 chicken breast and for lunch 1 cup of very lean ground beef. I had some sugar free jello to help get rid of a sugar craving I was having. There was a can of extra creamy Redi whip in the fridge! I had a LOT! It's only 15 cals and 1 carb. But I had a LOT!! DARN!
I also ate a handful of macademia nuts. UGH! CRAP! I am weighing in monday! I hope I didn't undo all of my efforts. PLUS 3 liters of water and 15 shrimp for dinner.

Last edited by Turandot; 03-08-2013 at 02:40 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBare View Post
Agrh!

Why does life get in the way! I have to stay focused on the end goal here. It will take me 3 weeks max to lose 15, but I keep starting and stopping. I need encouragement and focus.

HELP!
Me too, BB. . Me too.. .I can't stay focused and lose 5 gain 6. . IDK I am just so frustrated I could scream. .

I'm going to go to sleep early tonight and start my day off right tomorrow. . I haven't been getting enough sleep. it makes me cheat!!
Old 03-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hate fat. . . Just sayin.. Why can't I hate food, then?
Old 03-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Hello all,
I've popped over from the JUDDD board - someone there mentioned Stillman's & I was curious. I love JUDDD, switched after Atkins Induction did me in, so I wonder if I would be a big, fat failure at Stillman's, although I read the stickies & I kinda like the short list of ok foods. Takes the guesswork out of it!
Wondering though about the cottage cheese & some of the dairy I see some of you folks mentioning, per the QWL version, right?
If I did this, it would be to jump start a stall, I've been off plan for family functions last week & again this weekend. It would not be a long term thing, I don't think I can sustain that. But I've done some mini potato hacks so I think I could do some mini Stillman's hacks!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.

Last edited by Yennie; 03-08-2013 at 08:15 PM..
Old 03-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #125
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChaoticGood
Stats: 211/199.7/150
WOE: Atkins/ Stillman
Start Date: March 2, 2013
hi,
Mim directed me here from my intro post and this seems to be where the action is. I'm new and just started Stillman's a week ago. I know I weighed 211 last week since I used my friend's scale that Friday and that's what shocked my butt into action lol

The first few days I was tired, and now I'm scatterbrained as heck, but I think that partially has to do with me not really being hungry at all for the last couple days and finding it hard to eat. Not sure that I've been suuuper strict enough... I do between 2 and 4 liters of water a day. I've been eating chicken, eggs, shrimp, turkey burgers, and coffee. I did have some salmon and sashimi.

look forward to encouraging and being encouraged! I've been craving chocolate like crazy!!
Old 03-09-2013, 04:34 AM   #126
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Saturday morning! Hey, Chaotic - it is good to see you here. It sounds like you are doing great!

Hi Yenni! Welcome!

I've got to go to the office in a bit. I'm going to walk there this morning! Ahhh a bit of sunshine, and some warmer temps! Until Wednesday when it is supposed to snow. Oh well, it is March after all. I'm entering my third on plan day!
Old 03-09-2013, 05:10 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning! I've been online all morning. . researching. . found the Skinny Rules by Bob Harper.. some good info:. .I'm going to try this!!! but we know most of this anyway. . just a nice reminder. . Think I'm going to buy the book. .

1. Drink large glass of water (16 oz.) before every meal and snacks--5 a day
2. Don't drink your calories--stay away from fruit juices and sodas that are high in sugar. 2 cups coffee okay
3. Eat lowfat protein at every meal--protein doesn't have to be animal based. Protein minimizes hunger
4. Slash intake of refined flour/grains--try brown rice, quinoa, barley, farro
5. Eat 30-50 grams of fiber--he lists fiber-rich foods: 1/2C sliced strawberries-9g;1C zucchini-8g;1C spinach-7g
6. Eat apples and berries each day
7. No carbs after lunch--eat lean and green at night. Protein and veggies are best
8. Read labels--stay away from artificial ingredients or foods that sound like bad chemistry experiments
9. Get portion size right--you can bag some portions ahead of time
10. No artificial sweeteners
11. No white potatoes--I cut sweet potatoes in strips or round slices, toss in olive oil/cumin/garlic pepper and oven roast at 400 for 20-30 minutes. We don't miss the white potato french fries.
12. One day a week meatless--eat more beans and nuts
13. No fast foods and fried foods
14. Eat a real breakfast: include protein, grains and fruit (lowfat plain yogurt is great protein source in fruit smoothie or mixed with fruit said the nutritionist for breakfast)
15. Make your own food and eat at least 10 meals a week at home
16. Banish high salt foods--use more herbs
17. Eat veggies--as much as possible
18. Go to bed hungry--try not to eat after 8 p.m. or 4 hours prior to bedtime
19. Sleep Right--get adequate sleep
20. Plan one splurge meal a week--but don't go crazy with the calories, fat and sugar in it
Old 03-09-2013, 05:23 AM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Congratulations to you losers and welcome new folks!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the warmup, Mim, I am looking forward to a light jacket for a change.

The mad clearout continues as I weed out things to ebay...want to be moving south soon!

Am I a bad BFF for not wanting to hear the details of my BFF's marriage problems???
Old 03-09-2013, 05:28 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
The mad clearout continues as I weed out things to ebay...want to be moving south soon!

Am I a bad BFF for not wanting to hear the details of my BFF's marriage problems???
South??!! How far South.....getting close to my neck of the woods ?

I don't think you are a bad friend - negative energy just sucks the life out of me. What I might suggest is that you arrange to meet her for lunch/dinner and then let her talk. THat way you have carved out some time just for her (after all she just wants someone to HEAR her) and you can be prepared to listen
Old 03-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

QWL day 16. I am so on plan today. Still craving sugar and for some reason feeling nauseous.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Remember, gals. . we didn't get fat by eating lettuce! Veggies will not kill you . it's a matter of what you mix with the.. Carbs fats, butter. etc .etc. . I really believe you can eat meat and veggies and still lose. . add some exercise. .and you are golden. . my problem .. I can't do all 3 at once!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I had some lettuce today. JUST LETTUCE..
Old 03-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
QWL day 16. I am so on plan today. Still craving sugar and for some reason feeling nauseous.
Maybe you need some vitamins?

sometimes I just get nauseous on stills though
Old 03-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Today is cheat meal day! I already had my cheat meal for lunch as opposed to snacking tonight so I wonder if I will see will the same spike like I did last week or if it will be less because my body has more time to burn it off.... I am testing to see what works best.

Must try not to let cheat meal turn into cheat day, thats normally why I leave my cheat meal for the last meal of the day
Old 03-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I had some lettuce today. JUST LETTUCE..
You need protein!
Old 03-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
You need protein!
I had a lot of protein today. I was responding to the comment about having fat on the salad. I just had plain butter lettuce and it was DELICIOUS! Not on the QWL plan but won't make me fatter for sure.

My day was 4 shots of espresso with sugar free fat free creamer

breakfast 1 chicken breast
Lunch plain salad chicken breast breast (only) meatballs
Dinner 10 jumbo shrimp 1 cup cottage cheese.

I am taking prenatal vitamins at my doctors suggestion.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Today is cheat meal day! I already had my cheat meal for lunch as opposed to snacking tonight so I wonder if I will see will the same spike like I did last week or if it will be less because my body has more time to burn it off.... I am testing to see what works best.

Must try not to let cheat meal turn into cheat day, thats normally why I leave my cheat meal for the last meal of the day
ENJOY IT! How often do you have a cheat meal?
Old 03-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Thanks for the welcome! Appreciate it.
Wondering if cottage cheese is the only dairy allowed? What about zero fat cheese? I have some of the non-fat laughing cow 35 calorie wedges - wondering if 1 of those would be a deal breaker?
I think this is something I could do on the short term - 2-4 days of mini-hacks. I've done 2 day potato hacks so I think I could do this! Short term, that is...
Old 03-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
ENJOY IT! How often do you have a cheat meal?
I have get one once a week, I give myself a 2 hours window to eat anything... I usually still eat healthy I just don't get follow stills. The thing about a cheat meal a week is you spend most of the week losing what you gained on the weekend but I am still losing slowly so this allows me to have a social life.

My meal yesterday became a day I didn't do really bad but now I know I need to save my cheat meal for the last meal of the day or at least a day when I am staying home all night.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:15 AM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Wondering if cottage cheese is the only dairy allowed? What about zero fat cheese? I have some of the non-fat laughing cow 35 calorie wedges - wondering if 1 of those would be a deal breaker?
I think this is something I could do on the short term - 2-4 days of mini-hacks. I've done 2 day potato hacks so I think I could do this! Short term, that is...
What is are 2-4 day mini hacks? or 2 day potato hacks?

You are allowed fat free pot cheese, farmers cheese and cottage cheese. I thought we were allowed fat free cheese because I have always had it but I don't remember where I read that. Maybe I am thinking of Dukan not Stills

Last edited by Mar922; 03-10-2013 at 10:20 AM..
Old 03-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
According to Stillman's book : "5. COTTAGE CHEESE, FARMER CHEESE, POT CHEESE made with skim milk and no whole milk."

Now, that being said, a lot of the cheeses we have available today were not around when Dr Stillman wrote his book. When I have cheese I try to follow the "skim milk no whole milk" rule as stated above

If you find that eating cheese stalls your weight loss then maybe try having none or just every so often
Old 03-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #141
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aliquot
Stats: 220/205/140
Start Date: 3/4/13
Hello everyone,

I was thinking about things and started wondering about long-term...(and sorry if this is a beat-to-death question, but I am new here )

Let's say you get to your goal weight: how to do you maintain your weight from then on? I heard some people switch to Atkin's, but is it possible to wean yourself off and get back to a normal diet where you just count calories and exercise to keep your weight under control? I don't know if can/want to stay on a majorly restrictive diet for a long, long time, but I don't want to see myself regain weight after I've lost it either.

I guess I got worried because I was reading an old thread and saw that one person said she had an illegal meal slip up while on QWL and went up 6 pounds the next day! That is too crazy for me to wrap my head around!

Last edited by Aliquot; 03-10-2013 at 11:36 AM..
Old 03-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliquot View Post
Hello everyone,

I was thinking about things and started wondering about long-term...(and sorry if this is a beat-to-death question, but I am new here )

Let's say you get to your goal weight: how to do you maintain your weight from then on? I heard some people switch to Atkin's, but is it possible to wean yourself off and get back to a normal diet where you just count calories and exercise to keep your weight under control? I don't know if can/want to stay on a majorly restrictive diet for a long, long time, but I don't want to see myself regain weight after I've lost it either.

I guess I got worried because I was reading an old thread and saw that one person said she had an illegal meal slip up while on QWL and went up 6 pounds the next day! That is too crazy for me to wrap my head around!
I know a few people who get to goal and maintain their weight quite well. They weigh themselves every morning and plan their eating accordingly. Once they get 5 pounds above their goal they do Stillmans for a week to get back to their start weight.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Day 17! Feeling better and I'm still able to hang on. 13 days to go for my cheat meal at my Anniversary then 30 days again of Stills. THIS IS HARD!
Old 03-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
South??!! How far South.....getting close to my neck of the woods ?

I don't think you are a bad friend - negative energy just sucks the life out of me. What I might suggest is that you arrange to meet her for lunch/dinner and then let her talk. THat way you have carved out some time just for her (after all she just wants someone to HEAR her) and you can be prepared to listen
Yep, Shar, High Springs or Newberry FL.

Ugh, do I have to? I mean, I wuv you girl but your sex life is NOMB???? I sooo don't want to know!

Quote:
hmmmmmmmm Turan, are there any hidden sugars in what you're eating? Seems like a long detox......IMHO

Quote:
I had a lot of protein today. I was responding to the comment about having fat on the salad. I just had plain butter lettuce and it was DELICIOUS! Not on the QWL plan but won't make me fatter for sure.

My day was 4 shots of espresso with sugar free fat free creamer

breakfast 1 chicken breast
Lunch plain salad chicken breast breast (only) meatballs
Dinner 10 jumbo shrimp 1 cup cottage cheese.

I am taking prenatal vitamins at my doctors suggestion.
not preggers, are you? is the FF SF creamer really sugar free?

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Ali, this is a normal diet. You have to learn that or else you will be yoyoing for life. This is only my opinion. Please read Second Opinions UK and the good Dr. Groves research on why carbs and sugar are and never were part of the normal, natural human diet.

Stay slim, my LCF's, off to ebay
Old 03-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

I AM NOT PREGGARS AT ALL!!! FOR SURE NOT! I guess even when the creamer is sugar free with splenda it's still sugar but I CAN'T give up that ONE THING!!! I guess the closer I get to my goal the more I will have to give up but that will have to be the last to go.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Yep, Shar, High Springs or Newberry FL.

Ugh, do I have to? I mean, I wuv you girl but your sex life is NOMB???? I sooo don't want to know!
I LOVE that area of Florida!!! Make sure you have a spare bedroom for me

Yes you have to listen but you can set boundaries - tell her you are NOT a sex therapist so she can talk about anything EXCEPT that Unless you think she is being abused sexually then she really needs to leave and get help!
Old 03-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hello everyone,

My "plan" when I reach goal is to switch to more of the Mediterranean Diet. AND follow what Dr. Stillman says in his book - weigh yourself everyday (once you reach goal) - if you find yourself up 5+ pounds go back on Stillman's QWL for a week
Old 03-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #148
Junior LCF Member

well, day 8 on QWL and I totally cheated yesterday by eating Thai food. No direct starches but I'm sure there was some sugar in the protein dishes I had. So, does this make a whole new round for me then, with the whole metabolism science-y part? Like, now am I actually on day 1?

Ugh. I suck. I was totally getting that funky kind of metallic/ fruity taste in my mouth big time, so I know I was in ketosis. Finally. Takes me a couple more days than others.

Oh!! And the other lame move I did yesterday was this:
my boyfriend invited me to dinner at his parent's house and I rarely get to spend time with them so I went. Well, his mom knew I was LC so she was nice enough to make a lean pork roast and asparagus, but the asparagus had butter and parmesan deliciousness all over it so I ate that, too. Maybe I need to start weighing myself to be more accountable for this stuff.

Last edited by ChaoticGood; 03-10-2013 at 07:30 PM..
Old 03-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticGood View Post
well, day 8 on QWL and I totally cheated yesterday by eating Thai food. No direct starches but I'm sure there was some sugar in the protein dishes I had. So, does this make a whole new round for me then, with the whole metabolism science-y part? Like, now am I actually on day 1?

Ugh. I suck. I was totally getting that funky kind of metallic/ fruity taste in my mouth big time, so I know I was in ketosis. Finally. Takes me a couple more days than others.

Oh!! And the other lame move I did yesterday was this:
my boyfriend invited me to dinner at his parent's house and I rarely get to spend time with them so I went. Well, his mom knew I was LC so she was nice enough to make a lean pork roast and asparagus, but the asparagus had butter and parmesan deliciousness all over it so I ate that, too. Maybe I need to start weighing myself to be more accountable for this stuff.
You will probably be knocked out of Ketosis for a day or two but that's all. Go back on strict QWL and up your water - Don't sweat the "Cheat" day.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #150
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
You will probably be knocked out of Ketosis for a day or two but that's all. Go back on strict QWL and up your water - Don't sweat the "Cheat" day.
Thank you! I'm cooking tons of food for the week right now- chicken, burgers, and hard-boiled eggs- so I don't do that again!! oh. and chugging water like crazy.
Closed Thread