Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I had cheats of veggies once a week or full blown cheats but I did QWL for about 2.5 months.... What did your dr say about some veggies?

I wasn't eating the veggies for health reasons or anything It was just the easiest way to make dinner work. Now I have 1 cheat meal once a week again just so I can stay on plan the rest of the week because going out and watching everyone eat all night always ends up in a binge for me within a few days if I don't allow myself 1 meal a week.
My Doctor suggested I do hard core QWL for a month then have a cheat or free day. On this day I eat whatever I want until 9pm. Then the next morning start the same HARD CORE QWL for another month. I am a higher weight than everyone else. 220 would be PERFECT for me! I am 285 on the nose. I won't weigh until Monday.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosebud5t
Stats: 188.6/174.8/140
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: October 2013
Hi everyone! I wasn't here all last month but am finally back from my nice, LONG vacation and ready to shed these gross extra pounds.

As I mentioned before I left, I'm not going back to a strict Stillman's because I just don't think I can stick to it. I had great success in the past with Jenny Craig and also with an Atkins-style low-carb approach, but I really felt best on LC and believe it to be the healthiest approach. I hope it's okay if I still pop in for support, I loved this board and the group here, even though I wasn't around for very long. I also figure if I get your Stillman's ideas, that can only help me lean toward the stricter side of LC.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
CC - this is what I wanted, there are 4 different birds. But they don't make these anymore! Crate and Barrel - Chickadee Yellow 8.25 Plate customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

So, I've been looking for similar plates. It is fun to have different plates, so there isn't a manufacturer.
Mim, Replacements has never had them. They are only C&B so the market was small to begin with. Not like a Wedgewood or Noritake. I'm afraid ebay may be your only alternative and there's nothing out there.

Quote:
I have never counted calories, I think you just naturally eat less on stills so it doesn't matter
yep, what she said

Quote:
I am down 1.2 of the 2 I gained over the weekend so hopefully by tomorrow I will be down the rest tomorrow... I really need to stop weighing daily but its so hard not to!

How do you stay away from daily weighing? Its great to see the reward of a loss even a small one but a gain even a small one is pretty discouraging.
OMG it's easy, just put it in the laundry room and let stuff pile up on it. Your clothes tell you what's going on. I haven't weighed in months. It just stresses you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
I have been obsessively weighing myself. I finally just put my scale in the closet and I have vowed to only take it out once a week.

How much water do you all drink? I have been drinking 3-4 liters a day. Is that enough?
haaaaaaaaahaha lucky if I get two litres in a day.water impaired, vodka not so much

Quote:
My BF offered to make me dinner tonight and all he knows how to make are grilled cheese sandwiches and I told him I couldn't eat the bread and that if he could sandwich the cheese with meat I would love it if he made me dinner.... Well i got home and he had made tuna cakes with just egg and tuna and then the cheese in the middle, it was great!

I am totally making them again when I have a grilled cheese craving or just want a change up to fish cakes!
Oh girl do share !!!!!

Quote:
Have any of you done QWL for a month or longer or do you just do it for a few weeks at a time? My doctor suggested 1 month then a day off then another month. I am trying to make it to 30 days!
I have been on QWL since 2010
OMG a doctor who condones QWL???????? What mental facility did he escape from? Modern medicine chokes those in the know.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud5t View Post
Hi everyone! I wasn't here all last month but am finally back from my nice, LONG vacation and ready to shed these gross extra pounds.

As I mentioned before I left, I'm not going back to a strict Stillman's because I just don't think I can stick to it. I had great success in the past with Jenny Craig and also with an Atkins-style low-carb approach, but I really felt best on LC and believe it to be the healthiest approach. I hope it's okay if I still pop in for support, I loved this board and the group here, even though I wasn't around for very long. I also figure if I get your Stillman's ideas, that can only help me lean toward the stricter side of LC.
ROSEBUD
Old 03-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

I am not sure she LOVES the IDEA of QWL but she KNOWS that it works and in order to keep me MOTIVATED I have to be losing or I will just BINGE and get back up to 395! HOW on earth have you been doing QWL for 3 YEARS? I am trying to make it to 30 days! I BOW DOWN TO YOU!!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Howdy Everyone. . Dead tired, here. . Thank you for the shout-out yesterday . .I've tried to keep up on my phone but it is so difficult to type and I have fat fingers, doncha know? Anyway, haven't broken the 180's yet but trying very, very hard. I get within and ounce and gain some back - just enought to make me try try again . .

Had a good day. . stayed under my calorie goal and didn't eat mucht onight. . I'm hungry so I'm going to bed. . food is invading my thoughts so time to put them to rest. I'll check in . in the morning.

Welcome to you lurkers. Nice of you to pop in. .
Old 03-05-2013, 03:22 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Tuesday morning peeps! Trying to stay positive this morning . My weigh in reported a loss from my weekend weight but nothing to write home about! These first 10 pounds are kicking my butt! So here's to two pounds today! Did I ever mention- I'm impatient too?
Old 03-05-2013, 04:45 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I am not sure she LOVES the IDEA of QWL but she KNOWS that it works and in order to keep me MOTIVATED I have to be losing or I will just BINGE and get back up to 395! HOW on earth have you been doing QWL for 3 YEARS? I am trying to make it to 30 days! I BOW DOWN TO YOU!!
It's a lifestyle, not a diet.

Grain is not a natural part of the true human diet and is slowly killing us.

Second-Opinions index page

Once you detox from grain it never tastes the same. Your true feral taste returns. The taste memories of your carb infested life are just that, memories. The joy you experienced with that grilled cheese sandwich or whatever never tastes the same again. It's amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Good Tuesday morning peeps! Trying to stay positive this morning . My weigh in reported a loss from my weekend weight but nothing to write home about! These first 10 pounds are kicking my butt! So here's to two pounds today! Did I ever mention- I'm impatient too?
hang in there babe it's worth it !!!!!!!!!!!

O Mim you are going to get hammered with the next storm, time to stock up!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:04 AM   #68
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Tuesday morning!

Yes, CC, I'm waiting for the snow even as we speak! This is the worst kind of snow - it is going to not only be a lot, it will be wet and heavy, which means power outages. I'm boiling eggs! And yes, the chickadee plates will probably never grace my table. I have wanted them since I saw them, and I saw them after they were discontinued! But that is what started me on an eclectic collection of bird plates to go with my dishes.

Im - I'm glad you lost some. I know it isn't what you wanted, but hey, it is a lost! I am in such a bad place that I think I have gained. I'm not stepping on the scale. Last night I went out with some friends for spaghetti and beer. Funny how it didn't make me feel any better.

I've got to run - The snow doesn't bother me, the potential to not have electricity does! so, before it starts I've got to get some things prepared!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:19 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O Mim, after the eighteen inches we had over last Wednesday-Thursday I can sympathize. A miracle the power stayed on. Bless my generator Lord, and my Dad who bought it for us.

So turn up the heat and cook like mad!!!!!!!!!! Get the sand and salt and shovels ready!
Check the batteries and flashlights, and load the candlesticks! Gas up the cars!

LMAO Spring
Old 03-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

STAY SAFE everyone! I pray your power stays ON!! I made my husband put the scale in the attic. I NEVER go up there so it's better. He will bring it out ONLY on Mondays so I can stop obsessing. I am hoping to be in the 270's by Monday! I do miss low carb veggies a LOT and giving up the Fat has been hard. I find I am not eating very much but I feel pretty good.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Ok I will hide my scale and weigh on fridays!

I am hungry today! Had 3 eggs for breakfast about 30 mins ago... May eat my lunch now haha I know its better to eat when I am hungry then to try and wait until "meal time"
Old 03-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok I will hide my scale and weigh on fridays!

I am hungry today! Had 3 eggs for breakfast about 30 mins ago... May eat my lunch now haha I know its better to eat when I am hungry then to try and wait until "meal time"
I am hungry today too! I had 2 eggs with Cottage cheese. Then a tiny steak and a half with some DELICIOUS sugar free ketchup that I got from Whole foods! No fat no sugar!! It actually tastes AMAZING! I am on Liter number 3 of my water already and I will eat the same steak thing for dinner.

I know I have lost over 100 lbs already but I just must get to my goal ASAP! I want to get on the scale and BE THERE ALREADY!!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am hungry today too! I had 2 eggs with Cottage cheese. Then a tiny steak and a half with some DELICIOUS sugar free ketchup that I got from Whole foods! No fat no sugar!! It actually tastes AMAZING! I am on Liter number 3 of my water already and I will eat the same steak thing for dinner.

I know I have lost over 100 lbs already but I just must get to my goal ASAP! I want to get on the scale and BE THERE ALREADY!!
Maybe the last of the carbs are leaving our bodies or as I like to think of it, our bodies are burning some fat..

Man I am not even a litre in today, Maybe thats why I am hungry? I am actuially thirsty... Ok off to pound some water!

You have done an amazing job! be proud of yourself!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Last time I did stills I gave up when I got to this weight partially because last time I also did it until I lost the weight and it was quick but it felt like I was doing it forever. So right now I am at my lowest adult weight ever and then I started thinking what if I can't get below this weight with just diet?

I remember someone mentioning that our bodies remember what we used to weigh and so its easy to get back there (either up or down). So, If I am just below my lowest will it be harder to lose weight because I am at a point that is new to my body? Or am I just being crazy and its my head that has a hard time getting below this weight so I just go off plan?
Old 03-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Last time I did stills I gave up when I got to this weight partially because last time I also did it until I lost the weight and it was quick but it felt like I was doing it forever. So right now I am at my lowest adult weight ever and then I started thinking what if I can't get below this weight with just diet?

I remember someone mentioning that our bodies remember what we used to weigh and so its easy to get back there (either up or down). So, If I am just below my lowest will it be harder to lose weight because I am at a point that is new to my body? Or am I just being crazy and its my head that has a hard time getting below this weight so I just go off plan?
I think our bodies have a SET point for SURE so to get below it is VERY hard! I have not been below 250 for 18 years That's why I want to get to 220. I am sure I will want to get to 190 once I get to 220! I NEVER thought I would get to 285!
Are there any other close to 400's or above on the forum doing Stillmans?

POUND THAT WATER!!
Old 03-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I think our bodies have a SET point for SURE so to get below it is VERY hard! I have not been below 250 for 18 years That's why I want to get to 220. I am sure I will want to get to 190 once I get to 220! I NEVER thought I would get to 285!
Are there any other close to 400's or above on the forum doing Stillmans?

POUND THAT WATER!!
I agree with the Set point. . when I was younger it used to be 160. . after kids: 175 and now. . Just plain Large and in Charge!!

Is it so wrong to want to leave work and go drink my dinner? What a day! Vacation can't come fast enough. . but then again. I'm NOT READY!!! I want to wear shorts and not worry about my white flabby chicken legs!!! Mmmm. CHicken legs. . I'm hungry

Fish was on the menu for lunch. it was very fishy tasting. . I hate that part. . .OK. gotta go home and feed my childrens. .

found a good recipe 3 to 4 chicken (frozen) breasts, one bottle of Franks Hot Sauce and one packet of Ranch flavored dry mix. . I'm not sure of the carbs in the mix (haven't had time to look it up). . but can it really be that much? it's seasoning meat. . it's not like we are drinking it? IDK. . I had my boy throw it all in the slow cooker tonight. will report back. .

TTFN. .Hugs to all
Old 03-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LMAO I will weigh on Feb. 29th........hiding the scale, Turan, too funny!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

to busy myself from eating (I have had 4 litres of water, 3 eggs, 3 chicken breasts) I have started jumping on my rebounder... I will do this til bedtime if I have to.... I just have to keep busy til bed!

This is my plan for the night
Old 03-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #79
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Mim----loooooved your short theological answer!! I laughed out loud!!!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #80
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
In bed with the flu--feeling miserable and yukky!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
In bed with the flu--feeling miserable and yukky!!!

Feel BETTER!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
to busy myself from eating (I have had 4 litres of water, 3 eggs, 3 chicken breasts) I have started jumping on my rebounder... I will do this til bedtime if I have to.... I just have to keep busy til bed!

This is my plan for the night

HA!! I was very hungry today too!! I had to walk on my treadmill because I really wanted to EAT! I have 17 days to go until my anniversary and my TREAT MEAL!! Then restart! UGH!

Today I had 4 liters of water

2 eggs 1 cup cottage cheese
2 thin VERY lean steaks with a some of my AMAZING Whole Foods sugar free ketchup that I LOVE SO MUCH!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:49 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Woke up with a HUGE craving for PANCAKES!! UGH! Of course I won't have any! But the craving WOKE ME UP out of my sleep.
Water and eggs it is!

When it's snowy and cold I always want comfort foods. COMFORT foods did NOT make me comfortable at 395!!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:09 AM   #84
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good snowy Wednesday morning! It is so pretty! I hope I have the chance to stay in! I have a meeting this afternoon, but I'm guessing that since it will snow till early evening and we already have 5-6 inches, the meeting will be cancelled. I took yesterday off. My head has not been in the game, my eating is horrid, and I've not been keeping up with chores........some of you know that cycle. I'm back. My lack of structure mirrors the unsettled feeling I have been experiencing. Am I moving, am I staying? Anyway, I'm back!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Woke up with a HUGE craving for PANCAKES!! UGH! Of course I won't have any! But the craving WOKE ME UP out of my sleep.
Water and eggs it is!

When it's snowy and cold I always want comfort foods. COMFORT foods did NOT make me comfortable at 395!!
There are induction friendly pancakes (I have never tried but am curious about)

1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese
5 eggs
1 T Splenda
1 t Vanilla Extract
Vegetable oil for frying

Maybe you could throw cottage cheese in the food processor or blender and make it smooth ( Thats what i did for my cottage cheese ice cream it tastes cream cheesy) and mix it with eggs for the same result? Or is Fat free cream cheese allowed? I used to have it sometimes but I am not sure if its legal.

Last edited by Mar922; 03-06-2013 at 08:46 AM..
Old 03-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good snowy Wednesday morning! It is so pretty! I hope I have the chance to stay in! I have a meeting this afternoon, but I'm guessing that since it will snow till early evening and we already have 5-6 inches, the meeting will be cancelled. I took yesterday off. My head has not been in the game, my eating is horrid, and I've not been keeping up with chores........some of you know that cycle. I'm back. My lack of structure mirrors the unsettled feeling I have been experiencing. Am I moving, am I staying? Anyway, I'm back!
You just had a cheat day, sometimes we all need them... as long as you jump back on plan you are still doing a good job. Its hard to completely change your eating habits and sometimes even after a long time we still fall back into our old ways because its comfortable and easy. Especially when there are other stressors in our lives.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
There are induction friendly pancakes (I have never tried but am curious about)

1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese
5 eggs
1 T Splenda
1 t Vanilla Extract
Vegetable oil for frying

Maybe you could throw cottage cheese in the food processor or blender and make it smooth ( Thats what i did for my cottage cheese ice cream it tastes cream cheesy) and mix it with eggs for the same result? Or is Fat free cream cheese allowed? I used to have it sometimes but I am not sure if its legal.
THANK YOU FOR THIS!! Aren't we avoiding all oil?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Talk to me about beef!! I HATE CHICKEN!! I found some very lean steak which I had yesterday and some 70/30 ground beef for today. I just had half a cup of it. When I cooked it I used a strainer to remove the fat and ate about 3/4 of a cup for my lunch. I LOVE IT! What other meats are you all eating?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
THANK YOU FOR THIS!! Aren't we avoiding all oil?
Maybe use a bit of Pam or something just to stop them from sticking to the pan... This is a atkins recipe so they aren't scared of fat haha
Old 03-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Talk to me about beef!! I HATE CHICKEN!! I found some very lean steak which I had yesterday and some 70/30 ground beef for today. I just had half a cup of it. When I cooked it I used a strainer to remove the fat and ate about 3/4 of a cup for my lunch. I LOVE IT! What other meats are you all eating?
Some people lose great on beef so you just have to do what works for you... I say its meat so its ok but if you find you aren't losing anymore then drop it... Thats just my view though.
Closed Thread