Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 05:48 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Happy Sunday - weight same but ill take it considering El Patron was calling my name Friday night'. Holding strong

Enjoy your day

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2013, 06:01 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
O Mim, you are amazing, thank you so much. Truly the Lord saw your gift when he drew you to the ministry. You are earning your wings..........
Old 03-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Shar, are you still in Georgia?
Yes I still live about an hour north of Atlanta. It is WINDY and COLD here this morning!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
well, if that's not just ducky...........

as if my mother and I haven't been pushed to the limit enough since my dad passed, she has just witnessed the passing of their alpha male cat passing............he loved my dad and was still to this day insisting on sniffing his place in the marital bed and his chair in his office..........
CC - I went thru a similar thing with my dad when my mom passed. A friend of mine just lost his dad and with his permission I am sharing what he wrote perhaps some of it will apply and give your mom some peace:

FINAL THOUGHTS:
First things first. Dad is home now. For the first time in many years, he is finally living free from all his pains and physical limitations. I really believe, both as a matter of faith and practical reality, that he’s all good. Particularly since I live so far away, my biggest worries over the last few days have been about Mom. Sixty-one years is a long time to spend with someone; you kinda get used to having them around. What’s going to happen when we leave?
I really shouldn't worry. Every time the phone has rung; or another card, flower arrangement or meal has been delivered; or another friend has dropped by to offer love and support, God reminds me again that none of us are alone in our grief. The writer of Hebrews got it right. We are surrounded by so great cloud of witnesses. This is the literal Body of Christ, doing what the Body of Christ always does best: ministering to those who are wounded and hurting. And so, I thank each one of you – Claudia, you especially – and I also invite all who know her to prayerfully consider accepting this charge: please, continue to help us take care of Mom. God has no hands, no hugs, but ours. We all are God’s Great Plan for Mom, and there is no Plan B. Thank you all, so much, from every one of us. May you each be blessed for being such a blessing. May you see God in your own love.
OK, now about Dad. After I wrote his obituary, Mom asked me to speak, too, and then I had a problem. I’d already said what I felt called to say about Dad. And even though I am a lawyer, I do try not to repeat myself. Really…. So, what else was I supposed to say? Maybe I just said it. But maybe, just maybe, I thought, Dad had one final thought he’d like expressed. I never, not once, ever knew Dad to go around a problem. Dad was, in fact, one of the best at working through problems. Sometimes, Dad dealt with problems so aggressively that things kinda blew up. (Let’s be honest here: some of you know exactly what I am talking about. But that’s not important right now.) What is important, and what I finally understood Dad wanted me to address, is the elephant in the room: our questions.
Why do bad things happen to good people?
Why does death too often come too soon, and nearly always before we are ready to say goodbye?
Particularly during the last years of his life, Dad and I shared our love for questions like these. Questions open windows to the soul. Dad knew this. That’s probably why so many of his questions were specifically designed to help me understand and deal with my own lack of character, and my own doubts. That’s what a good father does. Dad taught me never to be afraid to question myself. It was in learning to face Dad’s questions head on that I first began to think like a man, and not a child. Above all, Dad demanded intellectual honesty. So, to help celebrate Dad’s life, and in his honor, I invite you to let yourself ask the tough questions. It’s OK; God is big enough to handle them.
First, though, Dad would want us to be perfectly clear: Christ never promised us what we think of as fairness. He never promised earthly safety. To the contrary, one of the clearest divine statements is also one of the most disturbing: in John 16:33, Jesus actually promised that, “In this world, you will have trouble.” So, perhaps the biggest questions Dad would have us wrestle with today are: why would anyone in their right mind follow anyone who promised them trouble? And: how could any Savior allow death in the first place?
Dad did have one great spiritual advantage: he got older, and he gained perspective. He learned. He took a few hits, and started asking the right preliminary questions. Questions like, why didn’t his success in business not translate to the absolutely perfect life? Why did he lose himself for a time after he lost his job? Why wasn’t life fair? The fact is, Dad could have allowed himself to be overwhelmed just by his questions. But at the end of the day, he was smart enough not to settle for less than complete answers. And once he found them, he was humble enough to admit he’d been asking a lot of the wrong questions, and he just let go of those. Only then did God begin to use Dad to his fullest potential. And only then did Dad begin to make his own peace with God.
Dad finally realized that Christ was worth believing in. He finally figured out that, in John 16:32-33, Jesus promised a lot more than just trouble. Hear the complete divine promise:
… I am not alone, for my Father is with me. I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
Hear the Good News, and take heart! Dad came to Christ, and Christ took Him safely home, not because the world is fair. Thank God, fairness is not, and cannot be, the “final answer.” Our human vision of fairness is far too limiting for our great God! Dad came to Christ, and Christ took Him safely home, because God’s final answer is that Christ has overcome the world and all its unfairness. And God allows death because death is simply the door to a greater, more complete and eternal, life. In death, Dad shares that life. Jesus is his Savior. He is not alone. And because we know that, we, too, have peace.
So, here is Dad’s final legacy to every one of us: peace. It is a peace that passes logical understanding about all of this – the deterioration of Dad’s physical body, his untimely death, even the holes in our heart where we feel his loss most deeply. We can have peace about it all, and fully celebrate life in the midst of death, because Christ has overcome the world, and Dad now shares that victory.
Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; the Lord now will put you in charge of many things. Go and share your master’s happiness, and be blessed! Amen and Amen.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Free meal had LOTS of salt so I am up 2 lbs today.... Hopefully it will be off in a couple days and I will get into the 130's by the end of the week!\

Pounding the water today to help flush this salt out
Old 03-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugh, Mar, I have the salt mouth, too..........water, water.....

WOW Shar that is really some letter. Thank you.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
NEW!!!!

HI!!

I have been lurking and finally decided to post. Just a little bit about me. At my highest I was 395 and Atkins got me down to 290 over a year. I tried Nutritional ketosis to try and get to goal but I was STUCK for a month at the same weight and so frustrated I ate 20 lbs back on.

I started Stillman QWL on Feb 21 and I have lost 16 lbs ALREADY!! I am planning to stick to this plan until March 23 (my anniversary) then I will start another MONTH of the amazing QWL diet on March 24th and keep going! My doctor suggested that I have one day off plan a month then shock my system again for another month until I reach my goal weight.

I am very tall and I just want to get between 200 and 220. THAT is my goal.
Any tips you all have I would really appreciate it.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
HI!!

I have been lurking and finally decided to post. Just a little bit about me. At my highest I was 395 and Atkins got me down to 290 over a year. I tried Nutritional ketosis to try and get to goal but I was STUCK for a month at the same weight and so frustrated I ate 20 lbs back on.

I started Stillman QWL on Feb 21 and I have lost 16 lbs ALREADY!! I am planning to stick to this plan until March 23 (my anniversary) then I will start another MONTH of the amazing QWL diet on March 24th and keep going! My doctor suggested that I have one day off plan a month then shock my system again for another month until I reach my goal weight.

I am very tall and I just want to get between 200 and 220. THAT is my goal.
Any tips you all have I would really appreciate it.

My advice..as always... is keep things as plain as possible, drink lots of water and get lots of sleep
Old 03-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
new with?'s... my problem i love to eat

so been munching away on chik breasts and cottge cheese 1% natural no additives r sugar...

is this ok also egg whites
soon other meats
however i fear evryday gain after final meal...hmm is this trully free from calorie counts diet ??

cause craving gat but want this to be as says unlimited since hunger alot..
ty
Old 03-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aliquot
Stats: 220/205/140
Start Date: 3/4/13
Hi everyone! I'm new here.

Was researching QWL for a while (probably spent more time on this research than my actual schoolwork ) and I am officially starting tomorrow!

I'm 24 and in grad school. I've always been on the heavier side, unfortunately, and I'm starting at a weight of about 219/220.
It's really just hit me recently how much I let my weight mess with my self-esteem and lot of factors in my life, so I really want to take a definitive step to do something about it.

If I got down to 150 lbs even, I would be so happy. But I think a long-term goal for me will be 135 lbs.

Another motivation I have is an overseas trip I have planned for the summer to visit relatives who have unabashedly made comments about my weight before. Not in a mean way...it's just culturally acceptable for them to say exactly what they think. I would love to look, or at least feel better about how I look before going on that trip.

To get ready, I have a bunch of eggs, egg whites, tilapia, and later this week, I'll stop by the store for some lean chicken and turkey. I saw someone on this forum had commented that protein powders might be okay to use with QWL. I found a brand that is low carb (2 g) and low cholesterol and might order it next week & see how I like it.

I'm crazy excited for starting this week. Please wish me luck everyone, and I would be so appreciative of any advice you have.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:28 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Readytolose60
Stats: 196/181/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 1/26/2013
Hey everyone!
So glad to be back! I fell off after 3 weeks for like 3 weeks. I weighed in this morning and I'm only 2.82lb more then I was three weeks ago! I just kinda lost it after my husband came home and I was cooking everyday for him! But I'm happy to continue! So yes...day 1 back on track! I started at 196 in January and then did it for three weeks and lost it and boy gained a few back yay! Wow. So I'm going again! IM2FAT how are you doing??? I hope you've been able to squeeze into the 170's!!??
Old 03-04-2013, 03:29 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

I miss the thin clean feeling lol. I didn't eat too horrible but I noticed how much better it feels to use such self control. Sooo awesome!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:37 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

How important is working out??
Old 03-04-2013, 04:17 AM   #44
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good monday morning! And welcome, new friends! You all will do great - just stick with us! Eat low fat meat, eat when you are hungry and don't worry about working out. Working out will of course help, but you will lose well without it. So if it is adding stress don't do it. It if makes you feel good and won't add stress while you follow the plan, go for it!
Old 03-04-2013, 04:32 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

{{{{{{{RTL}}}}}}}

^........yep, what Mim said.......welcome all, and be proud that you are finally on your way to skinny.........yep, it really is this easy........

Turan Turan.........you have so much to be proud of, look how far you've come!
Old 03-04-2013, 04:53 AM   #46
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
CC - this is what I wanted, there are 4 different birds. But they don't make these anymore! Crate and Barrel - Chickadee Yellow 8.25 Plate customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

So, I've been looking for similar plates. It is fun to have different plates, so there isn't a manufacturer.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:22 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
CC - this is what I wanted, there are 4 different birds. But they don't make these anymore! Crate and Barrel - Chickadee Yellow 8.25 Plate customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

So, I've been looking for similar plates. It is fun to have different plates, so there isn't a manufacturer.

Mim, try Replacements, LTD (in North Carolina) - search for the word "bird"

You can buy just one plate or an entire set

Replacements, Ltd.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Not a bad weekend overall but DID stray off plan with roasted (no salt) almonds and a few french fries stolen off hubbies plate.....sigh. Back on plan today. Made a BIG pot of turkey soup (just turkey and herbs) - I keep it simmering on the stove and anytime I feel a "snack attack" coming on I make a small bowl and enjoy.

Hope everyone has a great week......I will meet some of you at the scale in a couple of days
Old 03-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good monday morning! And welcome, new friends! You all will do great - just stick with us! Eat low fat meat, eat when you are hungry and don't worry about working out. Working out will of course help, but you will lose well without it. So if it is adding stress don't do it. It if makes you feel good and won't add stress while you follow the plan, go for it!
so calories don't matter

? been boild chik breast n 1%cottge cheese n egg whites
Old 03-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
so calories don't matter

? been boild chik breast n 1%cottge cheese n egg whites
I have never counted calories, I think you just naturally eat less on stills so it doesn't matter
Old 03-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

I am down 1.2 of the 2 I gained over the weekend so hopefully by tomorrow I will be down the rest tomorrow... I really need to stop weighing daily but its so hard not to!

How do you stay away from daily weighing? Its great to see the reward of a loss even a small one but a gain even a small one is pretty discouraging.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

i seem well today 6 meals
6breasts chik boiled salt sub. pinch grlic n pepper
n 6serv cottge cheez 1% n plenty diet wateer splenda types
Old 03-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I am down 1.2 of the 2 I gained over the weekend so hopefully by tomorrow I will be down the rest tomorrow... I really need to stop weighing daily but its so hard not to!

How do you stay away from daily weighing? Its great to see the reward of a loss even a small one but a gain even a small one is pretty discouraging.
it is makes me fear not working..

however i do notice slim toned loose clothes but weight maintained
Old 03-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Scale

I have been obsessively weighing myself. I finally just put my scale in the closet and I have vowed to only take it out once a week.

How much water do you all drink? I have been drinking 3-4 liters a day. Is that enough?
Old 03-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

i think 14-16cups
Old 03-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
i think 14-16cups
GREAT that's what I have been drinking. THANK YOU!!
Old 03-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

My BF offered to make me dinner tonight and all he knows how to make are grilled cheese sandwiches and I told him I couldn't eat the bread and that if he could sandwich the cheese with meat I would love it if he made me dinner.... Well i got home and he had made tuna cakes with just egg and tuna and then the cheese in the middle, it was great!

I am totally making them again when I have a grilled cheese craving or just want a change up to fish cakes!
Old 03-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Have any of you done QWL for a month or longer or do you just do it for a few weeks at a time? My doctor suggested 1 month then a day off then another month. I am trying to make it to 30 days!
Old 03-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
Have any of you done QWL for a month or longer or do you just do it for a few weeks at a time? My doctor suggested 1 month then a day off then another month. I am trying to make it to 30 days!
I had cheats of veggies once a week or full blown cheats but I did QWL for about 2.5 months.... What did your dr say about some veggies?

I wasn't eating the veggies for health reasons or anything It was just the easiest way to make dinner work. Now I have 1 cheat meal once a week again just so I can stay on plan the rest of the week because going out and watching everyone eat all night always ends up in a binge for me within a few days if I don't allow myself 1 meal a week.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Why did I say I was jealous of snow? We had a blizzard come in this morning and its still snowing and blowing!
Closed Thread