Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 06:06 AM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie View Post
Whatever works for you Turandot and I am thinking I may try this too if I am really struggling
Yes, I can do HARD CORE for 2 weeks at a time!! I still have 50lbs to lose. I might stop at 30 depending on my voice. I am hoping to be at goal by JUNE!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #482
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Thanks for all the welcome wishes! I'm very excited to be joining you guys today! I really like the accountability of posting what I'm eating, so I hope that doesn't bother anyone...I just feel like if I know I'll have to type it out for someone else to see, I'll make better choices. KWIM?

I assume someone will start an April thread and we'll all move over there, right?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #483
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
Yes, I can do HARD CORE for 2 weeks at a time!! I still have 50lbs to lose. I might stop at 30 depending on my voice. I am hoping to be at goal by JUNE!!!!
I was thinking of starting Sunday and doing hard core stills for three weeks at a time - takes 21 days to form a new habit - do you think that will work?
Old 04-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #484
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
I was thinking of starting Sunday and doing hard core stills for three weeks at a time - takes 21 days to form a new habit - do you think that will work?
YES, IT WILL WORK!!! Good for you. I did a MONTH before my first "cheat" and I find I can do hard core for 2 weeks at a time with no problems.
Keep posting, the support is so helpful!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #485
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Thanks for all the welcome wishes! I'm very excited to be joining you guys today! I really like the accountability of posting what I'm eating, so I hope that doesn't bother anyone...I just feel like if I know I'll have to type it out for someone else to see, I'll make better choices. KWIM?

I assume someone will start an April thread and we'll all move over there, right?
PLEASE post! It helps us all with our own Menu ideas!! WELCOME AGAIN!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #486
Senior LCF Member

today

Got out of a Long coaching today and I was SO HUNGRY! BEFORE I would have gone through some fast food drive through I'm SURE! Instead I went to the grocery store and got a cooked chicken, took the skin off and ATE 2 both breasts. Crisis averted!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #487
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
today

Got out of a Long coaching today and I was SO HUNGRY! BEFORE I would have gone through some fast food drive through I'm SURE! Instead I went to the grocery store and got a cooked chicken, took the skin off and ATE 2 both breasts. Crisis averted!
Good for you! My plan - and I have worked it out on paper and posted it in my kitchen - is to go three weeks hardcore Stills then add vegies for one week and have two days a month cheat. Then the next month I will do the same. I worked out a plan until December 22 - though if I make my goal before then I will devise another system.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #488
Senior LCF Member

I am also going to be working on martial arts types of exercises - I am waiting for a Tai Chi DVD with David Carradine to arrive. I also have a few kickboxing and other martial arts exercise DVDs and workouts.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #489
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I love your signature!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #490
Major LCF Poster!

BCG: Thanks! My siggie is a quote from SoHappy here on LCF. She is the most positive poster you could ever want to be on a board with! She's a wonderful JUDDD Buddy. =)

Turandot: Yeah, I like getting ideas of what to eat from other people's menus, too. I lurk and stalk sometimes just to get ideas, lol!

Here's what I'm eating today on Stills Day 1:

B: 3 eggs scrambled with 1/2c turkey sausage crumbles, 1/2T reduced-fat parm, blackberry-pomegranate tea
S: 1 HB egg, 70g of grilled chicken
L: approx. 4oz of cold rotiss chicken w/ spicy brown mustard
D: undecided

I am not counting calories, per se, but I am tracking everything just to see where my numbers are landing. Coming from JUDDD, I am very used to counting the cals. I am a little concerned that Stills is gonna reduce my appetite so much that I eat very lo-cal every day. It's not the eating lo-cal that is concerning, because <500-cal days don't scare me since that's how I eat every other day on JUDDD, it's the eating 500 (or 800) calories every day, day after day, that worries me. My plan is to track where my calories fall for several days (a week?) and then consider if I want to start alternate my calorie levels from day to day. I dunno...I'm new at this, lol!

Anyhoo, if anyone has thoughts, questions, or suggestions about anything I'm posting in my menus, please feel free to let me know. I do have one question for all of you:

I was reading in a past thread that green tea really makes you drop the water. I'm interested in this, especially since I happen to have just picked up a box of tea packets (the ones you add to your glass of water) the other day. I'm not much of a tea drinker, but this stuff is hella tasty! It's Lipton Blackberry Pomegranate Tea w/ Honey. Now, I know I shouldn't be having honey on Stills, but it's part of the drink packet - I'm not adding it myself. The packet lists sugars at 0.5. Right now, my plan is to only drink them in the morning, so my body can actively work off the little sugar that's in it. I'm wondering, though, if I'm going to have to drop it once this box is gone? Anyone have some thoughts on this?

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Old 04-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #491
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
BCG: Thanks! My siggie is a quote from SoHappy here on LCF. She is the most positive poster you could ever want to be on a board with! She's a wonderful JUDDD Buddy. =)

Turandot: Yeah, I like getting ideas of what to eat from other people's menus, too. I lurk and stalk sometimes just to get ideas, lol!

Here's what I'm eating today on Stills Day 1:

B: 3 eggs scrambled with 1/2c turkey sausage crumbles, 1/2T reduced-fat parm, blackberry-pomegranate tea
S: 1 HB egg, 70g of grilled chicken
L: approx. 4oz of cold rotiss chicken w/ spicy brown mustard
D: undecided

I am not counting calories, per se, but I am tracking everything just to see where my numbers are landing. Coming from JUDDD, I am very used to counting the cals. I am a little concerned that Stills is gonna reduce my appetite so much that I eat very lo-cal every day. It's not the eating lo-cal that is concerning, because <500-cal days don't scare me since that's how I eat every other day on JUDDD, it's the eating 500 (or 800) calories every day, day after day, that worries me. My plan is to track where my calories fall for several days (a week?) and then consider if I want to start alternate my calorie levels from day to day. I dunno...I'm new at this, lol!

Anyhoo, if anyone has thoughts, questions, or suggestions about anything I'm posting in my menus, please feel free to let me know. I do have one question for all of you:

I was reading in a past thread that green tea really makes you drop the water. I'm interested in this, especially since I happen to have just picked up a box of tea packets (the ones you add to your glass of water) the other day. I'm not much of a tea drinker, but this stuff is hella tasty! It's Lipton Blackberry Pomegranate Tea w/ Honey. Now, I know I shouldn't be having honey on Stills, but it's part of the drink packet - I'm not adding it myself. The packet lists sugars at 0.5. Right now, my plan is to only drink them in the morning, so my body can actively work off the little sugar that's in it. I'm wondering, though, if I'm going to have to drop it once this box is gone? Anyone have some thoughts on this?
Hi! The green tea that I drink is Ito En Sencha Shot.

I would only drink a REAL green tea with ONLY green tea in it. This one gives me HUGE HUGE energy.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #492
Senior LCF Member

I started an April thread - I hope that was okay
Old 04-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #493
Major LCF Poster!

Oooohhhh...I am going to have to work my way up to that. I am a big tea wussie. Unsweetened?? Ugh...
Old 04-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #494
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for starting the new thread, BCG!!
Closed Thread