Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
As for Stills, I have serious lean protein fatigue, but this morning I was officially in the 150s again. Yay! I'm determined to take it easy with fat on our trip and eat as low carb as possible, but if I can even just maintain my loss on our vacation I will be ecstatic.

I'm also heading toward TOM so I made myself some "legalish" chocolate pudding yesterday and it was delicious!

Here's my little recipe:
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (we use Almond Breeze or the organic brand from Whole Foods)
1t unsweetened cocoa
0.5t xanthan gum
a few drops of vanilla essence
liquid stevia to taste
tiny pinch of salt (optional)

Blend everything together in mini blender. Gobble up with spoon as soon as it has thickened!

Take care everyone. I may not post again until we get back, but I hope everyone has a great "Peaster" (love that) and stays on plan.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Got on the scale for the first time in 2 weeks for my Friday weigh-in.....and nada! I am the same as I was 2 Fridays ago. I was hoping to see 5-7 pound loss but will just accept that my body is adjusting.

Total of 13 pounds this past month.

Happy Easter everyone !
Forgot to say...WAY TO GO Swebb! 13 lbs in a month is great and even more amazing if it happened over two weeks, rather than a full month!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #453
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Turan holy not cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #454
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Archie
Stats: 225/225/161
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: MARCH 2013
Hi I have been lurking here for a few weeks and would like to ask your opinion as I have been going back and forth with the idea of doing Stillmans OR a meal replacement liquid diet as I would like quick weightloss results any responses to the pros or cons of either would be greatly appreciated.
I would add that I do like exercising too.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #455
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
I am a writer - Karen Magill - two self published books and one traditionally published. My first book is the one that is being considered, it won an award six weeks ago.
WOW!!!! Karen I am SOOOOO IMPRESSED!!! YAY for you!
Old 03-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #456
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie View Post
Hi I have been lurking here for a few weeks and would like to ask your opinion as I have been going back and forth with the idea of doing Stillmans OR a meal replacement liquid diet as I would like quick weightloss results any responses to the pros or cons of either would be greatly appreciated.
I would add that I do like exercising too.
STILLS FOR SURE!! It really works and FAST!
Old 03-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #457
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Turan holy not cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would LOVE to lose 20 in April!!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
and the advantage of stills over liquid diet is that you are actually getting food and not feeling as deprived as you would with a liquid diet.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #459
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
WOW!!!! Karen I am SOOOOO IMPRESSED!!! YAY for you!
Thanks Turan - I am in awe of you and your talent.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #460
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Turandot and BCGrown for your responses simple and straight to point
Old 03-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Turandot and BCGrown for your responses simple and straight to point
I have done every diet and I used to be 395!!! I lost over a hundred pounds doing low carb! I kept gaining and losing the SAME 30-40 lbs. I was on Nutritional Ketosis for a MONTH. I lost 10 lbs then was stuck at the SAME weight for 3 weeks!!!! I found this group and I have lost over 20 lbs in a little over a month and this is the diet I plan to stick to until I reach my goal. Just posting as much as I do makes me feel accountable and makes me stick to it.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #462
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I have done every diet and I used to be 395!!! I lost over a hundred pounds doing low carb! I kept gaining and losing the SAME 30-40 lbs. I was on Nutritional Ketosis for a MONTH. I lost 10 lbs then was stuck at the SAME weight for 3 weeks!!!! I found this group and I have lost over 20 lbs in a little over a month and this is the diet I plan to stick to until I reach my goal. Just posting as much as I do makes me feel accountable and makes me stick to it.
Thanks Turandot especially for the welcome I have decided to follow Stillmans and will start the day with an omlette. I plan to eat mostly eggs and fish and drink litres of water.
I am not a great lover of red meat so the above foods will suit me fine.
Turandot fantastic weightloss you have achieved in such a short amount of time and I think your plan of weightloss seems v.good.
Can I ask have you been exercising and also have you been dropping dress sizes quickly too?
Old 03-30-2013, 01:37 AM   #463
Junior LCF Member

Turandot you mentioned you are an opera singer well my Dad who is 85 yrs old had a good voice when much younger and trained some until our v.large family came along.
Since my mother passed away last year he has taken to singing in public even the stores
I would love you to see him in action so to speak I adore him you can see him on
U Tube and if you type in Sainsbury's Singing Shopper - Neville Howard you can see/hear my Dad in action.
Thanks again for the encouragement with this eating plan I have just eaten my eggs.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:00 AM   #464
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

welcome Archie! maybe your Dad will surprise Catherine at Waitrose
Old 03-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #465
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Turandot you mentioned you are an opera singer well my Dad who is 85 yrs old had a good voice when much younger and trained some until our v.large family came along.
Since my mother passed away last year he has taken to singing in public even the stores
I would love you to see him in action so to speak I adore him you can see him on
U Tube and if you type in Sainsbury's Singing Shopper - Neville Howard you can see/hear my Dad in action.
Thanks again for the encouragement with this eating plan I have just eaten my eggs.
WOW!!! Your Dad just brought me to tears!! My whole family is Jamaican!!!
Here is my website
Othalie Graham, soprano

PLEASE tell your Dad he is FANTATSIC!! JUST FANTASTIC!!!
Old 03-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #466
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
WOW!!! Your Dad just brought me to tears!! My whole family is Jamaican!!!
Here is my website
Othalie Graham, soprano

PLEASE tell your Dad he is FANTATSIC!! JUST FANTASTIC!!!
Thank you sooooooo much for your kind words I will certainly tell him what you have said he will be v.happy and I shall tell him about your achievements too as a proud Jamaican he will be v.happy for you

CC - My Dad will sing anywhere and to anyone and 2 of the stores have said he is welcome to do so and he has had pictures taken with staff at the stores. He loves to sing it brings him and hopefully others joy and we are all proud of him. He sings to soothe himself from missing my mother who passed away one year ago.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:55 PM   #467
Senior LCF Member

CHECKING IN

Hey all. Just checking in to see how everyone is faring over the Holiday weekend! I played a game of tennis and did some treadmill. I had to eat a salad with Fat Free vinaigrette to stop myself from CRAVING CHOCOLATE!!!! I really want chocolate! I have to remember that's how I got here to begin with.
STAY STRONG EVERYONE!
Old 03-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #468
Junior LCF Member

First day Stillmans behind me I ate eggs and tuna fish and felt satisfied I do need to drink more water so will work on that.
I am focusing on dropping the weight for my holiday in June.
I would like to drop at least 2 dress sizes by then.

BTW Turandot it was my love of chocolate that got me so overweight too but overtime the desire to eat it has lessened greatly thank goodness I keep viewing chocolate as pure slabs of fat and it really helps me.

On Tues I am going to the gym to walk on treadmill and poss use the weight machines light weights only though.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #469
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Archie, your Dad is sooo handsome! Has the local telly picked him up?

Maybe Turan could surprise him in the store when she hits Italy........that would be a gasser!!!!!!!!!!

Been reading all about how the banks in Cyprus have bailed themselves out by stealing the depositors' funds.........is there really any security in cash? gold? food? arms?

Last edited by CCGirl; 03-31-2013 at 10:29 AM..
Old 03-31-2013, 11:34 AM   #470
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 205/188.4/135 5'5.5"
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Last day of the month, but I just have to jump in here. I've been lurking on this board for a week or so and have decided that tomorrow is going to be Day 1 of Stillman's for me. I am currently eating JUDDD-style and, while I am losing, I'd like to kick up my rate of loss. I joined a Biggest Loser contest at work, and for the first 3 weigh-ins I've posted losses, but like I said, I feel I can do better.

So, I took stock of my freezer and went shopping yesterday to get ready for tomorrow...I'm stocked with haddock, shrimp, chicken breasts, turkey burgers, eggs (that I've boiled already - thank you, Easter Bunny), tuna, low-fat cottage cheese, veggie bouillon and legal bev's. I'm so excited to get started!

Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. Can't wait to join you all tomorrow! Cheers!!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Old 03-31-2013, 11:53 AM   #471
Senior LCF Member

Archie
I would LOVE to meet your Dad. I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. I lost my Dad when he was 48 and the pain is VERY intense! Thats how my MASSIVE Weight gain started. I was in LOVE with him and I ate a TON when he died. My mom travels with me and it's a huge blessing for us to still have each other, she's my best friend. WAY TO GO on making it through your first day!!!!

CCG When I saw the CYPRUS MESS I wanted to put my money under my mattress!!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Last day of the month, but I just have to jump in here. I've been lurking on this board for a week or so and have decided that tomorrow is going to be Day 1 of Stillman's for me. I am currently eating JUDDD-style and, while I am losing, I'd like to kick up my rate of loss. I joined a Biggest Loser contest at work, and for the first 3 weigh-ins I've posted losses, but like I said, I feel I can do better.

So, I took stock of my freezer and went shopping yesterday to get ready for tomorrow...I'm stocked with haddock, shrimp, chicken breasts, turkey burgers, eggs (that I've boiled already - thank you, Easter Bunny), tuna, low-fat cottage cheese, veggie bouillon and legal bev's. I'm so excited to get started!

Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. Can't wait to join you all tomorrow! Cheers!!

SO GREAT TO SEE YOU HERE!
Old 03-31-2013, 12:04 PM   #473
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

welcome Mommie22!!!!!!!!!!!hiya:

Turan, that's pretty much our plan since Dad passed. DH, Mom and I will be buying a house soon in NoFL. We are very close. Do you actually live in Philly or you on the road 24/7? That would be too cool if you were able to surprise Archie's Dad at the grocery store, I can see it now, sneaking up behind him and then making it a duet.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #474
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just sliced up the big ham.......and I have some leftover pork loin.......mmmmmmmm Cuban sandwich...........Almighty, give me strength.......

Mim, I hope you are having a blessed Easter........haven't heard from you in so long....
Old 03-31-2013, 05:59 PM   #475
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
welcome Mommie22!!!!!!!!!!!hiya:

Turan, that's pretty much our plan since Dad passed. DH, Mom and I will be buying a house soon in NoFL. We are very close. Do you actually live in Philly or you on the road 24/7? That would be too cool if you were able to surprise Archie's Dad at the grocery store, I can see it now, sneaking up behind him and then making it a duet.
I live in Philly! I fly my mom in every month then when I travel she goes with me. When she retires (she lives in Canada still) she will live with us!!

ENJOY YOUR HAM!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:02 PM   #476
Senior LCF Member

CHEAT!!!

Next Saturday will be my cheat!!! I AM DYING FOR IT! I have to say that doing HARD CORE Stills then one cheat seems to work well for me. I am just really dying for my cheat Saturday. 2 solid weeks is HARD HARD HARD! I don't go crazy on my cheats but I NEED THEM!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:50 PM   #477
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Archie
I would LOVE to meet your Dad. I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. I lost my Dad when he was 48 and the pain is VERY intense! Thats how my MASSIVE Weight gain started. I was in LOVE with him and I ate a TON when he died. My mom travels with me and it's a huge blessing for us to still have each other, she's my best friend. WAY TO GO on making it through your first day!!!!

CCG When I saw the CYPRUS MESS I wanted to put my money under my mattress!!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!
Yes I adore my Dad too and thanks for the encouragement.
CC you are v.funny.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:51 PM   #478
Junior LCF Member

Welcome Mommie22
Old 03-31-2013, 09:53 PM   #479
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
CHEAT!!!

Next Saturday will be my cheat!!! I AM DYING FOR IT! I have to say that doing HARD CORE Stills then one cheat seems to work well for me. I am just really dying for my cheat Saturday. 2 solid weeks is HARD HARD HARD! I don't go crazy on my cheats but I NEED THEM!
Whatever works for you Turandot and I am thinking I may try this too if I am really struggling
Old 03-31-2013, 09:56 PM   #480
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I live in Philly! I fly my mom in every month then when I travel she goes with me. When she retires (she lives in Canada still) she will live with us!!

ENJOY YOUR HAM!
Turandot you are a wonderful loving daughter and your parents must love you dearly and your Dad watching over you.
Closed Thread