Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Hello,
Hope this is still working for you. I just started today. Need to lose approx. 20# to get to my goal since I am only 5'1". Have lost 40# doing atkins, but it just quit working for me. Am excited to see some fast results.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Having a HARD time staying away from the scale until Friday I didn't weigh last Friday because I was visiting my dad and no scale was available...... Curiosity is trying to get the better of me - but I know if it shows any type of GAIN I will be in a funk...

Friday will be my last weigh-in of the month and it will be my first FULL month back on Stillman's (yes there have been cheats). I am hoping for a 20 pound total loss....

Need to drink more water - but like Turandot, I really HATE getting up in the middle of the night to pee!!! :/

So, I am committing to 2 days of STRICT Stillman's and MORE water.....anyone want to join me??

COUNT ME IN!!!! The peeing is getting annoying! I am wondering if it's my green tea? DO not get on that scale. It will only make you crazy!

Last edited by Turandot; 03-27-2013 at 10:17 AM..
Old 03-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #423
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: esandefur1
nuts

does anyone know what eating nuts will do on this diet?
Old 03-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #424
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Turnadot - I think it is the green tea. Try not drinking so much and see if that helps.

esandefur1 - nuts aren't allowed on the plan, but some people can eat them and not gain or stall. You will have to do the trial and error method if you want to eat them.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
Good Wed morning everyone! ANOTHER HORROR night for me. I was peeing all night again!! I only had 2 L of water yesterday, my espresso and a HUGE mug of loose leaf green tea. It only happens at night. I usually don't eat after 5 pm (reflux singing issues) and I stop my liquids then too of before! My husband is not thrilled. I was up every hour between 8-12 then once at 3 am!! CRAZY! I am happy to lose the water weight but I'm so TIRED!!!!!
Green Tea contains Caffeine and that has diuretic effects. Either try switching to caffeine free or just drinking it in the morning.

Diuretic Effects

The caffeine contained within green tea extract increases the amount of urine your body expels, MedlinePlus reports. This works as a diuretic in your body, similar to the way medications work. Because caffeine makes you produce more urine.......,
Old 03-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #426
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Hi all.......Turan, IDK, I am water impaired and vodka inspired........I have been pounding water all day and my mouth tastes like butt......

Welcome hopeto

thanks for the gift ideas!
Old 03-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #427
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Hey everyone. Some funny posts today - where else can one discuss peeing and ponies in the same thread?

All good here. Giving in to my veggie cravings I ate a mini salad last night made from parsley, celery and baby romaine. It came to only 2 net carbs, plus I felt tons better afterwards and I'm down 1.2 lb this morning so I think I'll keep going with that.

Interesting tidbit, last time I did Stills (and the time before that) I definitely lost weight, but my ketostix never turned colors like they do on regular low carb. This time however, I'm starting to get that weird, headachy feeling I get when I'm in deep ketosis so I used a stick last night and it turned dark pink, even though I had chugged lots of water all afternoon. I'll take that as a good sign!

Menu has been pretty much the same every day:

Breakfast - sardines canned in water (not completely legal I know, but less mercury than tuna)
Lunch - pile of steamed, organic chicken breast with a splash of red wine vinegar, salt and jerk spices
Dinner - small green salad and a pile of steamed, grass-fed, ultra-lean beef with salt and a smidge of smoke flavoring

For beverages I'm sticking to herbal tea and gallons of water. I'm trying to steer clear of caffeine for other reasons at the moment, but I think not drinking it may be helping my efforts. I also try to walk for an hour each day if I can. I'm not sleeping too great though - typical for me when I'm ketosis.

So that's it from me. Keep the faith ladies!

Last edited by paleopaleo; 03-27-2013 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: Embarrassing typo :)
Old 03-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #428
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: esandefur1
thanks mim. i was wondering cos i gave in to a desire for cashews the other day, and i still was down 2 lbs the next day. i have finished the can now, so won't buy anymore till off of strict stills. i buy them for hubby, and i end up eating them. anyone else do that sort of thing? i weighed 128 monday morn and this morning i weighed 122. so pretty good even w/ the cheat of nuts. i'm not in ketosis tho, i checked this morning. oh well....
Old 03-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #429
Senior LCF Member

Forgot to add, on Sat my husband and kiddo are heading off to Vancouver Island for nine days. I know I probably won't be able to stick to strict Stills, but I'm determined to at least stay very low carb. Wish me luck!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #430
Senior LCF Member

I have been drinking a Sencha Shot in the afternoon. Has anyone tried it? I love it! I had it at noon today and only had 2 L of water today and no water after 4 pm! I am hoping that I sleep tonight. I had a good day! I will do Friday's weigh in Sunday since I cheated on Sat for my Anniversary I want to make sure I have a full week.

CCG I am a VODKA LOVER and for my anniversary and had SEVERAL VERY dirty martini's straight up. If Stillman allowed vodka I would be STICK THIN!
PP I've had a salad or 2 myself. I think the issue is what we put on it. I use a FAT FREE dressing if anything.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #431
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChaoticGood
Stats: 211/199.7/150
WOE: Atkins/ Stillman
Start Date: March 2, 2013
hi, everyone!

well, I guess if you don't hear from me pretty much every day, just assume i'm off having a blast CHEATING! ugh! HOW does ANYONE stay on plan during TOM? I had some crazy bad PMS (not sure if it was the diet) and have been eating all the wrong things. I have gained 3 pounds and am SO ready to get back on plan.

need to catch up on more posts, but Turan- WOW, congrats and good luck for the Italy audition!! woo!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #432
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChaoticGood
Stats: 211/199.7/150
WOE: Atkins/ Stillman
Start Date: March 2, 2013
by the way, one of the good things that came about with the cheating is that I realize how SENSITIVE I am to carbs. my stomach hurt bad and I had a horrible, horrible migraine. high protein diet has been really good to me. I felt lighter, and after the first few days of feeling fuzzy, I was more clear headed. I did not have the stomach issues or headaches that came about after eating too many carbs. so, this is definitely a life-style changer for me.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #433
Senior LCF Member

CG Welcome back! My PMS was bad too and at night I was so hungry I just had to go to bed. If I were anywhere near food I would have eaten a loaf of bread!
Old 03-28-2013, 06:25 AM   #434
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Thursday morning! Ahhhh, I slept well and woke up feeling great! I feel so good I might just weigh on Tuesday! Maybe not, cause I'm guessing I'm still going to be above my February weight. I lost the whole month of March! But April is going to be a great month!

Holy Weekend begins today for me so I may not have time to pop in until Easter.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #435
Senior LCF Member

TO WEIGH OR NOT?

So my plan of doing STRICK QWL for 2 weeks then a cheat day is going so well. I DO NOT want to weigh myself before the 2 week mark. I am worried I will go off plan. I have lost for sure because my clothes are all BIGGER and I am so MOTIVATED to stick to it. I'm afraid if I get on the scale I will undo my efforts by celebrating with food!!! UGH! I think I will wait until next week to get on that scale. I would loveto PLAN a cheat on April 6 so maybe I will wait to weigh myself on April 5.
THOUGHTS?

Today I was on the treadmill for an hour and ate strict QWL food only as I have since my Anniversary!
Old 03-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

nice going Turan!!

Here's to a good day had by all!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #437
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
HI All! I have been reading religiously - though not sticking to Stills.

My Dad went home from the hospital today. He is still really weak though.

PP what part of Vancouver Island did you go to?

Happy Easter everyone!
Old 03-29-2013, 04:43 AM   #438
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

bc, here's to no more hospital for your dad
Old 03-29-2013, 04:54 AM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Got on the scale for the first time in 2 weeks for my Friday weigh-in.....and nada! I am the same as I was 2 Fridays ago. I was hoping to see 5-7 pound loss but will just accept that my body is adjusting.

Total of 13 pounds this past month.

Happy Easter everyone !
Old 03-29-2013, 07:25 AM   #440
Senior LCF Member

BC
Sending love for your Dad and FOR YOU!!!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:27 AM   #441
Senior LCF Member

I got on the scale! I had to!! YAY I LOST!! I will post it!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:32 AM   #442
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Got on the scale for the first time in 2 weeks for my Friday weigh-in.....and nada! I am the same as I was 2 Fridays ago. I was hoping to see 5-7 pound loss but will just accept that my body is adjusting.

Happy Easter everyone !
YAY!! 13 is GREAT!!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:23 AM   #443
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for all the good wishes for my Dad. I wrote an email to the Premier explaining my parents need more help and aren't getting it. I had a reply within an hour and their office is going to look into it and maybe get them more help.

I am going to do a modified Stills this week and on the 7th get back to it. I made up a plan for the rest of the year - my goal is to average at least a 2 pound weight loss every week for 37 weeks and if I make my goal before that I will stick with the Dukan plan of protein and veggies and monitor my weight.

So I will weigh in next week. Congrats to those who have lost weight.

Turan, I was telling my mom about you and how talented you are.

Next week, I should hear from that movie producer! I'm nervous but those six weeks went fast.

Now I am going to go treat my stomach - whenever I get nerved up or stressed I have pain in my stomach. Arrgh! LOL

Thanks for being there for me people.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #444
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Happy Easter everyone !
OMG WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I got on the scale! I had to!! YAY I LOST!! I will post it!
big congrats, girl, you go now!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
Thank you for all the good wishes for my Dad. I wrote an email to the Premier explaining my parents need more help and aren't getting it. I had a reply within an hour and their office is going to look into it and maybe get them more help.

I am going to do a modified Stills this week and on the 7th get back to it. I made up a plan for the rest of the year - my goal is to average at least a 2 pound weight loss every week for 37 weeks and if I make my goal before that I will stick with the Dukan plan of protein and veggies and monitor my weight.

So I will weigh in next week. Congrats to those who have lost weight.

Turan, I was telling my mom about you and how talented you are.

Next week, I should hear from that movie producer! I'm nervous but those six weeks went fast.

Now I am going to go treat my stomach - whenever I get nerved up or stressed I have pain in my stomach. Arrgh! LOL

Thanks for being there for me people.

sending good wishes your way {{{{{{{whooosh}}}}}}

movie producer? I missed something.......are we a writer or starlet????

check out this article my mom sent me, yep, actually cut it out and snail mailed.........

‘Caveman Diet’ can boost your health - Health - MiamiHerald.com
Old 03-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #445
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh and Happy Easter/Passover, Ostara, etc. to everyone. My Dad used to call it Peaster.........
Old 03-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #446
Senior LCF Member

CCG

PEASTER! I LOVE IT!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #447
Senior LCF Member

START

So when I started as a LURKER FEB 21 I was 296. NOW I'm 273. YAY FOR 23 lbs!!! Now I'm hoping for a HUGE loss this week.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
sending good wishes your way {{{{{{{whooosh}}}}}}

movie producer? I missed something.......are we a writer or starlet????

I am a writer - Karen Magill - two self published books and one traditionally published. My first book is the one that is being considered, it won an award six weeks ago.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #449
Senior LCF Member

You asked about our trip; we're heading out at sparrow's fart tomorrow morning to catch the ferry and staying in Victoria for two days before meandering our way all the way north to Port Hardy and back over a 9-day period. We've been to the island several times, but this time we're making side trips to several less-accessible places we haven't explored yet. I'm totally excited, but not thinking I'll be totally compliant with Stills or anything

Any tips for us you wouldn't mind sharing? Must sees? We have a huge list, but insider info is always welcome. Thanks!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #450
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
START

So when I started as a LURKER FEB 21 I was 296. NOW I'm 273. YAY FOR 23 lbs!!! Now I'm hoping for a HUGE loss this week.
Wow Turandot, that's absolutely awesome! Btw, have you ever performed in Seattle? My husband and I usually go to the opera about twice a year or so and you look very familiar.
Closed Thread