Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
I am craving crisps (chips) for some reason?? Have not had any in ages. Going to make a tuna melt with lots of fresh herbs. I've always allowed myself a very small amount of low fat cheese a day. I have this instead of the cottage cheese.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I am craving crisps (chips) for some reason?? Have not had any in ages. Going to make a tuna melt with lots of fresh herbs. I've always allowed myself a very small amount of low fat cheese a day. I have this instead of the cottage cheese.
You are probably missing that "crunch" in your food choices. Do you like Kale? I have a recipe for "Kale Chips" that is really good and not too many Carbs
Old 03-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Hey guys!

Its beautiful here today that makes me want to get back on track!

After 4 days off plan and lots of life stress I am up 5lbs! It was all pretty good but I learned that I have not gotten control over portions or my "need" to eat as there were a few times I ate when I wasn't hungry at all just because it was there but I was aware that I was doing bad so thats a small step!

Now I have to go read all the posts to catch up!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #394
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: esandefur1
swebb:
probiotics are great! i started taking them several months ago and they work wonders on my sensitive stomach. only bad thing is now i can eat almost anything and doesn't hurt my stomach, so i tend to eat stuff i shouldn't. i think some of that is how i gained the extra lbs. so be careful. but they do work and i still take them every day! i take the phillips brand.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #395
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Hi everyone. Your comments on this forum have been a big help to me (and many other lurkers I'm sure!), so I hope you don't mind if I subscribe to the March thread this late in the month. No time like the present, right?

I've had a lot of success with Stillman's in the past; in fact, it's the only plan that really works for me. This time I'd like to keep the weight off permanently afterwards as well though. I'm planning to transition back to "lean and clean" paleo with more vigorous exercise eventually, but for now I'm totally committed to Stills with supplements and mild exercise. Best of luck to everyone.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #396
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hi all, hope everyone is well........pretty sure I have a cold, my head has had that 'heavy' feeling for two days and my eyes are a tad puffy and I feel pressure behind them, too. BLECH! I finally gave up and went to bed at 11:30 and sort of slept 'til two.

paleo !
Old 03-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #397
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
CCG
FEEL BETTER!!! Rest as much as you can.

PP
WELCOME! I was lurking for a while too and this is THE ONLY diet that works for me too.

MAR
Welcome back! Sending you many supportive hugs. STRESS is very upsetting.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Turan, I took some AlkaSeltzer cold and my head feels better but now my tummy is doing flip flops..........ugh.

esand

going to be an early night for me........but, another day on planet earth is a good day.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
THANKS RIRI! I will increase my food today for SURE!! I do not want to put my body into starvation mode for SURE! I will add the green tea because with my TOM I am holding water like a puffer fish. Hoe much water were you drinking Riri? I am just SO DETERMINED to get to my goal weight!! This group has been so helpful. I feel so supported and by posting so much it makes me stay on track. THANK YOU EVERYONE SO MUCH.
I'm trying to avoid beef too. How do you make your Tuna?
Have you tried fennel tea? Has kind of a licorice taste and is a diuretic? My two weeks off stills is proving to be disastrous but Thursday I am back on for a week. Hard core!
Old 03-26-2013, 04:47 AM   #400
Senior LCF Member

VERY rough night for me last night!!! I spent the ENTIRE night (every 3 hours) getting up to pee. I guess I lost the water I was holding from my cheat but I am NOT going to check my weight. I want to just keep going! HAPPY Tuesday ALL!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:08 AM   #401
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Tuesday morning. Turandot, congratulations on getting rid of the water weight! : ) I love the "release" but getting up a lot during the night is tiring!

I'm trying to crawl my way back on plan. I had a great day yesterday. I videotaped the service Sunday. Let's just say being so overweight and a big black not form fitting robe do not produce a slimming look.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:25 AM   #402
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyNikki
Stats: 198.5/192/130
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept 2012
Good morning all! I am happy to say I am back on track and doing well

CCGirl- thank you soo much for what you said. I HATE being told what to do. I am now in therapy and am going to turn to her and these boards and no one else for advice (other then my own research). I was at a conference yesterday actually, and we did a excercize in communication and how you should never say "should" and "you" but instead say "I" statements and such. I never tell other people what to do. However, its also my own fault since I was turning to these people for advice. My bad ! :\

So, after getting back on low carb and actually started running! my bff and I are going to enter a 5k! So excited Running is melting off the weight and soo addicting actually. Using the couch to 5k app and its great.

I am down several #'s now back into the 180's phew... and I know also building lots of muscle as im sore from head to toe ! Running is a great overall workout. I am also looking smaller and even looks like have lost some inches according to my lovely bathroom nude photos lol.

Going to try to stay on course this week as I am going away Thursday night w/ the boo

Yesterday:

Egg Mcmuffin and Sausage Mcmuffin/ coffee (no bun obv)
Chicken ceaser salad (was at conference so did my best)
Ground beef with cheese

(im keeping fats a little high on running days)

Thanks for all the motivation all! I know this works great- since I did so well on it in Jan. Going to blast through the 180's and 170s i know it! My goal is the 160's for summer, but less about the #'s just want to fit into my cuter clothes again!

xoxo

Last edited by SkinnyNikki; 03-26-2013 at 06:27 AM..
Old 03-26-2013, 06:39 AM   #403
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyNikki
Stats: 198.5/192/130
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept 2012
test

Just want to see if my new siggy/goals shows up...
Old 03-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

stay strong Nik.......

feeling better today, have no idea what that was all about........

I need gift ideas for a nine year old girl.......
Old 03-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #405
Senior LCF Member

Major veggie cravings!!

Hope everyone is hanging in there. I'm on day 4 and I'm seriously fantasizing about salad and kale. I think I may need to add in some green juice again like I did last time I did Stills. I make it myself from green leafy things and a one-cup serving usually ends up having fewer carbs than even a small serving of fat free cottage cheese. On the plus side, I need to update my stats again
Old 03-26-2013, 04:36 PM   #406
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

paleo, go with your gut-pun intended-go for some veggies!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #407
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
CCG

I'm so happy your feeling better!!

Paleo

EAT THE VEGGIES if you feel you need them!!! DO IT!!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #408
Senior LCF Member

I'm HUNGRY! For some reason I have been HUNGRY every single night. It's my TOM and I am eating enough during the day! During the day I don't feel hungry AT ALL! But at night I am STARVING! Once again I am going to bed so I don't eat a loaf of bread!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:49 PM   #409
Senior LCF Member

SN

SO happy you are doing well. I have been starting to run a little. I can only go for a few min at a time, but when I was 395 lbs I would NEVER have imagined I would be RUNNING AT ALL, not even a little bit.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #410
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm HUNGRY! For some reason I have been HUNGRY every single night. It's my TOM and I am eating enough during the day! During the day I don't feel hungry AT ALL! But at night I am STARVING! Once again I am going to bed so I don't eat a loaf of bread!
I hear you loud and clear. I have to think hormones are playing a big part in this. As soon as your cycle starts your levels obviously drop very suddenly and that can definitely affect your blood sugar and make you really hungry. At least all this extra rest is good for you in many other ways
Old 03-26-2013, 06:05 PM   #411
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Quote:
EAT THE VEGGIES if you feel you need them!!! DO IT!!
He, he, my paleo buddies would be absolutely horrified if they knew what I was doing right now. 2000+ calorie days with lots of fat and veggie/fruit carbs are the norm for most of the girls and they seem to do great on that. I personally feel very vigorous eating that way, but unfortunately I'm finding that my metabolism now in my early forties simply doesn't allow for too many calories anymore, even when I'm super active. I'm hoping a round of Stillman's will reset my leptin receptors so I can at least maintain a healthier weight rather than just continuing to slowly gain.

Btw, are any of you gals dealing with adrenal/thyroid issues as well? Are you worried that Stills might make things worse or are you finding that it's having a positive effect overall?
Old 03-26-2013, 06:44 PM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
When I get like that I will cook a couple chicken breasts and cut them up and leave them in the fridge to snack on or do hard boiled eggs... anything I can grab and eat
Old 03-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

I have been eating healthy but not stills I am just having a hard time of it right now so I am gonna count cals like he says to do in maintenance until I can get my butt in gear so at least I don't undo all my hard work. I just know I eat when stressed so hopefully this helps
Old 03-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #414
Senior LCF Member

No adrenal/ thyroid issues for me, but I have abused my body so much by gaining and losing HUNDREDS of pounds!!! EVERYTHING has worked for me to a point but I was stuck at a plateau for so so long and gaining and losing the SAME 20-30 pounds but never getting below that. I LOVE PAELO and high fat but I could not lose anymore weight.

For the first time I KNOW that this diet will take me to the finish line. Then I have to WORK MY ASS OFF TO MAINTAIN IT!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:42 PM   #415
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Riri
Stats: 154/138/130
Hello to all the lurkers and new comers! The more the merrier

mar hey! Welcome back! well that sounds like a good plan as long as you won't gain

Turandot hang in there!! Sticking to plan will pay off soon!! TOM and stills do not get along at all!!

CCGIRL my niece is 10 and she loves kids makeup and jewellery. Maybe something like that will work. She also has a thing for nail polish... but maybe that's just her..

Here we go again... it was a bad day for the diet. Coffee with sugar, a piece of cake and ice cream, a double burger with cheese (at least it was wrapped in lettuce) a lemonade, and a handful of pecans... oh! And some nuttella too!
Oh well, tomorrow is a new day
Helloooooo cravings!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:48 AM   #416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oof, Riri, you will feel like crap today..........poor thing........

hang in there, all, sometimes we need an adjustment and to add in other things to stay sane........

Turan, honestly, maintenance is so easy, you will love it.

another chilly crappy overcast day.........at least we don't have snow........yet
Old 03-27-2013, 04:55 AM   #417
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Wednesday morning! I slept horribly - I must be going into ketosis. Once I've been on plan for 5 days i sleep great, so a few more days I'll be able to feel rested when I get up!

What is everyone eating for Easter? I always have lamb. No mint jelly for me though! I've invited a parishioner who would otherwise be alone, so I'll make low carb sides - mock mashed potatoes and a green bean dish. I might make a low carb dessert, but I haven't decided yet. I might put a little Easter Basket together for her. I am going to stay on plan!

CC -Riri is right! Girly stuff for that age is a hit!
Old 03-27-2013, 05:17 AM   #418
Senior LCF Member

Good Wed morning everyone! ANOTHER HORROR night for me. I was peeing all night again!! I only had 2 L of water yesterday, my espresso and a HUGE mug of loose leaf green tea. It only happens at night. I usually don't eat after 5 pm (reflux singing issues) and I stop my liquids then too of before! My husband is not thrilled. I was up every hour between 8-12 then once at 3 am!! CRAZY! I am happy to lose the water weight but I'm so TIRED!!!!!
MIM
HUGS FOR YOU!!!!

CCG
JUST getting to my goal will feel like a miracle!

RIRI

Once your back on plan you will be fine! Your basically at your goal anyway! YAY YOU!

MAR

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF and do whatever you need to do!! HUGS HUGS HUGS!
Old 03-27-2013, 05:28 AM   #419
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

feeling better today, have no idea what that was all about........

I need gift ideas for a nine year old girl.......
Glad to hear you are on the mend!

Gift idea for a 9 yr old girl........ A PONY!!!!

Or if she has any Apple devices - an ITunes gift card
Old 03-27-2013, 07:22 AM   #420
Senior LCF Member

Having a HARD time staying away from the scale until Friday I didn't weigh last Friday because I was visiting my dad and no scale was available...... Curiosity is trying to get the better of me - but I know if it shows any type of GAIN I will be in a funk...

Friday will be my last weigh-in of the month and it will be my first FULL month back on Stillman's (yes there have been cheats). I am hoping for a 20 pound total loss....

Need to drink more water - but like Turandot, I really HATE getting up in the middle of the night to pee!!! :/

So, I am committing to 2 days of STRICT Stillman's and MORE water.....anyone want to join me??
Closed Thread