Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #361
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChaoticGood
Stats: 211/199.7/150
WOE: Atkins/ Stillman
Start Date: March 2, 2013
well, I haven't lost a single pound!

but, again, I cheated on Monday with sushi rolls, am expecting TOM soon, and have honestly had a high sodium diet lately. keeping up with the water intake but way too much coffee lately! so busy!

I want to check if I'm even in ketosis anymore! I'm not strict on Stillman's but *think* I've been mainly doing alright in Induction style eating. However, I have obviously stalled and need to look at the overall picture.

I was wanting pizza and a beer a lot this week haha, but.. you know, I guess I say 'wanting' more than 'craving'. It's a mental battle more than anything at this point.

Have a great weekend! Let's kick butt on this diet next week!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Things not going so great re getting on plan. Going to hit it hard tomorrow. I know once I hit the 3 day mark it will be a doddle. Just got to focus on the next three days.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Up .6 today. I had popcorn last night for movie night. Pfft.

Today was my sons birthday party. I did not eat any of the cake or pizza. I made sure to eat a bowl of turkey before we left. I was a good girl :P

The real test will be the next couple of days with the left overs sitting in my house!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:17 AM   #364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticGood View Post
well, I haven't lost a single pound!

but, again, I cheated on Monday with sushi rolls, am expecting TOM soon, and have honestly had a high sodium diet lately. keeping up with the water intake but way too much coffee lately! so busy!

I want to check if I'm even in ketosis anymore! I'm not strict on Stillman's but *think* I've been mainly doing alright in Induction style eating. However, I have obviously stalled and need to look at the overall picture.

I was wanting pizza and a beer a lot this week haha, but.. you know, I guess I say 'wanting' more than 'craving'. It's a mental battle more than anything at this point.

Have a great weekend! Let's kick butt on this diet next week!
that's a big deal realizing wanting not craving.........GO YOU!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Things not going so great re getting on plan. Going to hit it hard tomorrow. I know once I hit the 3 day mark it will be a doddle. Just got to focus on the next three days.

doddle [ˈdɒdəl]
n
Brit informal something easily accomplished
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

Thesaurus Legend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms
Noun 1. doddle - an easy task
child's play, cinch, duck soup, piece of cake, pushover, breeze, walkover, picnic, snap - any undertaking that is easy to do;

LMAO MMS u really are learning us worldly....keep the faith.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Up .6 today. I had popcorn last night for movie night. Pfft.

Today was my sons birthday party. I did not eat any of the cake or pizza. I made sure to eat a bowl of turkey before we left. I was a good girl :P

The real test will be the next couple of days with the left overs sitting in my house!
hang in there, babe!!!!!!!!! Feed the compost pile!!!!!!!!!!

well, it's a nice and quiet morning here on the ranch, and the world's smallest kitchen is tearing it up......so far I have made DH biscuits (from a tube), bacon, lo carb waffles, and I have a family pack of chik thighs in the oven, crisping up and going into the crock pot for chicken cacciatore..........yum
Old 03-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #365
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
CCG: I always stay at the same hotel.
New York Luxury Hotels | Home | The Waldorf Astoria New York Hotel

GREAT anniversary with my amazing husband yesterday. I won't detail all of the stuff I ate but I am back on plan today. HARD core STILLS! I won't weigh until Sunday so I have a week to make my weekly goal of HOPEFULLY being in the 60's!! I don't want to know how much I've gained over the last 2 days at all so I will not weigh myself until Sunday for SURE!
LOVE to all of you!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:22 AM   #366
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

AHHH Turan, the WA...........your site does not list any engagement for this weekend, are you karaoke somewhere on the LES?????????? I sooo crack myself up.......

congrats on your anniversary!!!!!! Is himself famous or infamous?????????
Old 03-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

aha ! I found the lowdown on your education !! BRAVO !! A Canadian and Jamaican treasure!!!!!!!!!!!

Othalie Graham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

a biology major eeek
Old 03-24-2013, 07:41 AM   #368
Senior LCF Member

I had a private audition for a VERY important Italian agent that flew in to hear me. Very nerve wracking and exciting at the same time!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG, go you!!!!!!!!!!! So you were singing in your room? Wow. Audition? Seriously? You should be auditioning them.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

watching the Bible on History Channel.........it is excellent........
Old 03-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
OMG, go you!!!!!!!!!!! So you were singing in your room? Wow. Audition? Seriously? You should be auditioning them.
We all still have to audition. It was on stage in NYC. They really loved me and I will be going to Italy for an audition tour. I'm not sure when I'm going yet, maybe in a month so I have to get closer to my goal!

I AM SO SO SO EXCITED ABOUT IT!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!

you all have to audition?????? even Pavarotti and Bocelli????? Holy Cow!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OMG hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!

you all have to audition?????? even Pavarotti and Bocelli????? Holy Cow!
It depends. Some houses know me already and they just hire you. Some houses just hire you based on your reputation. Sometimes you have to audition STILL.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'll bet it's more of a formal tradition the more reknowned you become.......and the qualifications of the interviewer? A marketing person or the conductor? I wonder if there are message boards where all you cool talented people 'hang out' and kvetch about your gigs.......so fascinating.......I remember when I met Yo Yo Ma when he was just starting, and I see him now......he was so young, yet his style and passion are the same.......
Old 03-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Congrats Turandot!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Having such a tough time with being on STILLS today. When you cheat (especially in a big way) it makes jumping back very hard. Especially when it's my TOM!

My menu today was

Breakfast 1 egg
Lunch 2 pieces of Talapia
Dinner 2 pieces of Talapia

45 min of treadmill
3 liters of water.

I want more food so I think I will go to bed. I need to do 2 weeks of hard core STILLS to try and lose 20 lbs!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG Turan that's like thirty calories..........call room service and get some bacon and eggs!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OMG Turan that's like thirty calories..........call room service and get some bacon and eggs!
I'm back home today, but after my cheat yesterday for my anniversary with my husband I am determined to keep it simple and stay on PLAN for 2 weeks. HARD CORE STILLS.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #379
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

bless you and keep you where you feel safe..................still watching the Bible...................DH calls it the buy bull.............IDK on the fence...............gnight outta here
Old 03-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #380
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Riri
Stats: 154/138/130
WOE: Stillman's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
Having such a tough time with being on STILLS today. When you cheat (especially in a big way) it makes jumping back very hard. Especially when it's my TOM!

My menu today was

Breakfast 1 egg
Lunch 2 pieces of Talapia
Dinner 2 pieces of Talapia

45 min of treadmill
3 liters of water.

I want more food so I think I will go to bed. I need to do 2 weeks of hard core STILLS to try and lose 20 lbs!
WHOA!! well everyone's different, but I can eat up to 4 hard boiled eggs in the morning (I eat 2 first, wander around, and if I'm still hungry, I'll eat the rest ), a can of tuna for lunch, and more eggs for dinner. when i really get bored of eggs, I broil a chicken breast instead, or Tilapia (usually 3 Tilapia pieces) and still lose weight! I stay away from beef because for some reason it makes me reeeeaaally sleepy and found out my enemy is salt, so I try to reduce it as much as i can (although you can't avoid it when cooking fish or chicken) and green tea helps me get rid of the water cause my body holds water like crazy!

Try and experiment. Make your own tweaks, cause as I said earlier, everyone's different, so what works for or affect others may not work for or affect you. However, I still think your menu is kinda short. Starving yourself may lead to a slow or no result, or even worse, binge or/and quit
Old 03-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #381
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Riri
Stats: 154/138/130
WOE: Stillman's
Mar922 and Turandot : thanks a lot for the advice with the water weight, It really helped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticGood View Post
how was SXSW? I had a lot of friends go this year. I also saw them posting pics of crazy-delicious looking food! Fried chicken waffle bacon taco, etc!
I KNOW!!!! SxSW made me binge i was walking down the street one day when some girls advertising for something ( i can't recall what was it) handed me a cookie! my hand reached out for it automatically! I was too hungry I couldn't resist or think, so I ate it and everything went downhill from that point
The festival was great! but not as good as last year!!

Last edited by Riri; 03-24-2013 at 09:34 PM..
Old 03-25-2013, 04:06 AM   #382
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riri View Post
WHOA!! well everyone's different, but I can eat up to 4 hard boiled eggs in the morning (I eat 2 first, wander around, and if I'm still hungry, I'll eat the rest ), a can of tuna for lunch, and more eggs for dinner. when i really get bored of eggs, I broil a chicken breast instead, or Tilapia (usually 3 Tilapia pieces) and still lose weight! I stay away from beef because for some reason it makes me reeeeaaally sleepy and found out my enemy is salt, so I try to reduce it as much as i can (although you can't avoid it when cooking fish or chicken) and green tea helps me get rid of the water cause my body holds water like crazy!

Try and experiment. Make your own tweaks, cause as I said earlier, everyone's different, so what works for or affect others may not work for or affect you. However, I still think your menu is kinda short. Starving yourself may lead to a slow or no result, or even worse, binge or/and quit
THANKS RIRI! I will increase my food today for SURE!! I do not want to put my body into starvation mode for SURE! I will add the green tea because with my TOM I am holding water like a puffer fish. Hoe much water were you drinking Riri? I am just SO DETERMINED to get to my goal weight!! This group has been so helpful. I feel so supported and by posting so much it makes me stay on track. THANK YOU EVERYONE SO MUCH.
I'm trying to avoid beef too. How do you make your Tuna?
Old 03-25-2013, 04:39 AM   #383
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Readytolose60
Stats: 196/181/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 1/26/2013
Back on track!

Okay people. I fell off for a long time but now I'm at it today-I'm focusing on these two weeks. That's it- cause we don't need to think farther ahead. I agree turnadot-two weeks is Great plan. I feel better when I'm losing, then my 5 minute binges which makes me feel like cramp for days..anyway I am back on. I need you guys To keep me accountable. Eating like this is hard, cause I love food. How important is my working out?
I weighed 196 in January
I weighed 180 in February
I weigh 185 now
My goal weight is 150 to start.
How long do you think it will take me to lose this??
Old 03-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Hello Everyone. Hope all are doing well. Just after 2pm and day 2 for me. Realised I had not been taking my vits so got those in. I need to go through the recipe thread, try and make meal times a little more exciting. CC, the doddle post made me chuckle. Turan, it was a very long time ago that I lost around 14lbs in a week. It just kinda melted before my eyes?? I literally dropped 4 or 5 over night?! I have always had a healthy appetite on Stills and do not let myself go hungry. Before I reached goal I decided to stop weighing myself (was my biggest downfall) and it payed off, I actually went below my goal weight by 7lbs. The scale set me up for failure. It is quite natural to fluctuate during the day but I would see any increase as a sign that Stills was not working. Then I'd eat off plan get upset and start all over again. I was forever in that phase. I only have a little weight to lose now, I'm not overweight by any means but I kind of live in fear of getting fat and that is not good. So, I have some head work to do. I want to get back to a place where I don't really have to worry about what I eat because I know its mostly good. I'm thinking South Beach might be on the cards for me in the future. I have to be realistic and say that Stillmans is not how I want to eat forever. I love my veg too much.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readytolose60 View Post
Okay people. I fell off for a long time but now I'm at it today-I'm focusing on these two weeks. That's it- cause we don't need to think farther ahead. I agree turnadot-two weeks is Great plan. I feel better when I'm losing, then my 5 minute binges which makes me feel like cramp for days..anyway I am back on. I need you guys To keep me accountable. Eating like this is hard, cause I love food. How important is my working out?
I weighed 196 in January
I weighed 180 in February
I weigh 185 now
My goal weight is 150 to start.
How long do you think it will take me to lose this??
Good for you Ready! Its hard to say how much because everyone is different but one things for sure, If you stay on plan you will drop weight very quickly. I want this to be over already. I probably need close to two weeks on plan so am with you all the way! We can do this!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

So, I'm burning off the Xmas pounds!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:57 AM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
THANKS RIRI! I will increase my food today for SURE!! I do not want to put my body into starvation mode for SURE! I will add the green tea because with my TOM I am holding water like a puffer fish. Hoe much water were you drinking Riri? I am just SO DETERMINED to get to my goal weight!! This group has been so helpful. I feel so supported and by posting so much it makes me stay on track. THANK YOU EVERYONE SO MUCH.
I'm trying to avoid beef too. How do you make your Tuna?
Hey Turan. I would eat until you are satisfied. That is one of the great things about stills. you don't have to go hungry at all, a little bored sometimes maybe but even that can be worked on with a bit of imagination and the recipe thread.

Last edited by makemeslim; 03-25-2013 at 08:01 AM..
Old 03-25-2013, 08:33 AM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

I want today to be over already because I am sooo tired and have a headache. I could not sleep last night. Now all I want to do is sleep but its only half past three, ughh! BBL
Old 03-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #389
Senior LCF Member

OOOH MMS!!

We are the same with that stupid scale. I had posted before that my husband had to take the scale to the attic and ONLY give it to me on weigh in days ONLY! If not I will weigh myself after every bathroom trip. If I don't see the number I want to see I BINGE eat like crazy. I am going to try 2 weeks at a time hard core then one cheat meal. I did almost a month so far and lost 17 lbs while I was lurking and not posting here. I was allowing myself little cheats but I know that I have to do HARD CORE QWL for 2 weeks at a time. I can only weigh myself on a weekly basis!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
OOOH MMS!!

We are the same with that stupid scale. I had posted before that my husband had to take the scale to the attic and ONLY give it to me on weigh in days ONLY! If not I will weigh myself after every bathroom trip. If I don't see the number I want to see I BINGE eat like crazy. I am going to try 2 weeks at a time hard core then one cheat meal. I did almost a month so far and lost 17 lbs while I was lurking and not posting here. I was allowing myself little cheats but I know that I have to do HARD CORE QWL for 2 weeks at a time. I can only weigh myself on a weekly basis!
17lbs is great. Yep, the scale certainly plays with my head. I'll go by my clothes for the next 12 days or so. I have had lots of trips to the ladies today which is a sign things are moving in the right direction.
Closed Thread