Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 05:30 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Also did some research on typtophan which a low carb diet has plenty of. However evidence suggest that Trypt needs a small amount of carb in order to eventually convert to Seatonin. Then there is dpoamine. I have L-Tyrosine and B6. Don't want to go backwards. It's been a nightmare. Any insight CC? Trying to find a combined sugar free supplement.
MMS, if you are looking for supplements to beat depression, here's what I know.

Tryptophan makes you sleepy. Seratonin and Dopamine are the happy hormones.

St. Johns Wort is the go to for depression as far as I know. And Kava Kava calms your nerves without putting you to sleep like melatonin or valerian. I have had good result with these two with DH in the past.

Kava can be hard to find, no longer in stores. I beleive I still have some and would be happy to dispatch to you in the post.

It is suggested that low levels of these correlate with the SAD syndrome, less daylight in winter. Have you noticed a seasonal ride of depression, or is it 24/7/365?

Exposure to bright light is a second possible approach to increasing serotonin without drugs. Bright light is, of course, a standard treatment for seasonal depression, but a few studies also suggest that it is an effective treatment for nonseasonal depression38 and also reduces depressed mood in women with premenstrual dysphoric disorder39 and in pregnant women suffering from depression.40 The evidence relating these effects to serotonin is indirect. In human postmortem brain, serotonin levels are higher in those who died in summer than in those who died in winter.41 A similar conclusion came from a study on healthy volunteers, in which serotonin synthesis was assessed by measurements of the serotonin metabolite 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid (5-HIAA) in the venous outflow from the brain.42 There was also a positive correlation between serotonin synthesis and the hours of sunlight on the day the measurements were made, independent of season. In rats, serotonin is highest during the light part of the light–dark cycle, and this state is driven by the photic cycle rather than the circadian rhythm.43,44 The existence of a retinoraphe tract may help explain why, in experimental animals, neuronal firing rates, c-fos expression and the serotonin content in the raphe nuclei are responsive to retinal light exposure.44–48 In humans, there is certainly an interaction between bright light and the serotonin system. The mood-lowering effect of acute tryptophan depletion in healthy women is completely blocked by carrying out the study in bright light (3000 lux) instead of dim light.49

here is the full article: How to increase serotonin in the human brain without drugs

Quote:
Hi Mim. CC, the meds well and truly hit the trash a while back. In fact, I've been suffering from the after effects - 2 months of hell. Seems like we have some goals that are close. I've 11 days to ditch 11 pounds. I've managed higher numbers in one week before so I am set on doing this. I hear you about the CP. My doc told me to avoid them a all but I have lost faith in the Docs and will be taking an alternative route. x
typical doc 'aviod the CP' that should be your brain screaming to you GO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
A quick check in..... I am taking a short vacation (4 days) in not so sunny Panhandle of Florida.... Off strict Stillman's slightly so I am guessing this will knock me out of ketosis... I will be happy of Friday's weigh-in shows me holding steady.....

Must drink more water! Even if I ask for NO seasonings on my restaurant food it tastes salty to me.

We are 1/2 way through the week everyone - stay strong!!!
O Shar do tell where! Pensacola? (yawn) Tallahassee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
CCG: This is me:
Othalie Graham, soprano

I think if I lose aboout 25 lbs I will get into this gown easily! We'll see what happen. I am not cheating until Saturday no matter what but I will weight Fri am and see where I am. Next week to combat the Saturday cheat I will treadmill an hour a day. I enjoy walking and I watch netflix while I do it so an hour goes by quickly. Any tips for having a cheat then losing the cheat weight quickly? I'm sure I will gain a little.

MMS sending you warm hugs of support!! You reached goal before and you will do it again! How did you lose more than 11 lbs in a week. I would LOVE to hear about that.
I knew it-FAMOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and freaking stunningly beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW WOW WOW

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2013, 05:43 AM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
CC - I'm in Destin. About an hour west of Pensacola. Visiting my dad and trying to find the sun (it's been hiding behind the rain clouds!)
Old 03-21-2013, 05:59 AM   #333
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyNikki
Stats: 198.5/192/130
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept 2012
Hi All- remember me? Well i did so good here and then in late Jan my BF came home and i got wayy off track. I refused to weigh myself as I was almost in the 160's and i weighed in yesterday and am shocked that i was 193# :O OMGGG WTH. I know I just got TOM and spent a month working on my metabolism (ie: eating everything all day- which really doesn't make me feel great at all so enough is enough =/) So, Here I am back on track. I tend to gain and lose very quickly. My metabolism has been reset and im tired of being so sick and tired all the time. I am going to do a stillmans/atkins approach. Started last night w/ a chicken salad. This morning eggs. Not sure if im able to just "jump" into stillmans but might have a few days/meals that are stillmans-ish. Also CAD works well for me. The key is just monitering my carbs seems to make the most sense for me. Hope that i have a decent woosh back soon

swebb: Great link loved reading that. Can relate a bit. Having been as high as i am now (my highest :/) and as low as the 120's. I am actually starting therapy this week so am hoping that as i lose weight i can also get my mental condition in 'shape' as well.

Also have to vent a little bit. I have a history of a ED. However it was only re-triggered last year after my divorce. My friends and BF are all overly cautious b/c of that reason... i suppose i let people in a little bit too much as to my diets and WOE. For now I am going to work on keeping that to myself.. people think they are donig the right thing by caring and yelling at me not to "diet" however they dont know me, and dont understand what its like to bounce up so high in weight. For me, being a trim size and fitting in my smaller clothes again is really important. So for now on, my vents and rants are going to stay 'here'.. I hate when people tell me what to do! It makes me mad even if they have the best intentions at heart. So this just shows me that I need to turn inward or to my therapist and not rely so heavily on what 'others' especially those who are "naturally" skinny who have no clue what its like to struggle w/ weight. >\ and this is also something i am going to address w/ my therapist. Im just struggling b/c my BF is always telling me its about "balance" when for me, that does not work (at least not until im in maintenance mode - meanwhile he is very thin naturally). Fingers crossed that things improve all around for me. And my goal is to do low carbs but if i start to feel like i need a break- i will have a 1 meal 'cheat' and allow it and just move on after. I have done JUDD and carb cycling all with great results. Its just a matter of the 'overall' picture. Sorta like the 80/20 rule. 80% good, 20% cheating here and there. Not sure if any of this makes sense as I think I had too much coffee today! lol And Low carbing really helps keep my mental self in check. Today am experiencing headaches and that shows me the toxic effects of sugar addiction. Once i get past the next few days of LC Flu I know i will be on a role ....

Last edited by SkinnyNikki; 03-21-2013 at 06:32 AM..
Old 03-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

{{{{{{{{{{SkinnyNikki}}}}}}}}}}

aww, honey, life is.........life. Choose life, even tho some days suck.

I remember when my Dad passed and my mom and I were huddled together to keep from falling apart, we found that people tend to say things like 'you need to' or 'you should'.

That is not helpful and only makes the sufferer feel inept.

Stick to people that say 'I will do' or 'Can I'.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Hey guys!

Its been a kinda busy week with school so I haven't been posting much and I have a bunch of birthday stuff for my BF this weekend so I will be off plan and won't be posting all the crap i will be eating.

As of right now I am at 140 and I am gonna do my weekly weigh in now hopefully I won't do too much damage over the next 4 days!
Old 03-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:

I remember when my Dad passed and my mom and I were huddled together to keep from falling apart, we found that people tend to say things like 'you need to' or 'you should'.

I LOVE THIS POST!!
Old 03-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:

Last night my mother got a phone call from a family member who told her that she should be looking into getting government help in case Dad has to go into a home (she is already doing that. not much luck) had better downsize (she is doing that slowly. Dad jokes it is his stuff that keeps disappearing) and look for a smaller place (her and Dad have talked to their landlord about a smaller, cheaper apartment) Dad is back in hospital - not sure exactly what is wrong - and we will handle things as they come up. This family member isn't here and doesn't know the day to day stuff. I know he means well and this is his way of handling things. But it was my mom's birthday!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Just a quicky today. Busy busy day! Was down .4 this morning.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
MMS, if you are looking for supplements to beat depression, here's what I know.

Tryptophan makes you sleepy. Seratonin and Dopamine are the happy hormones.

St. Johns Wort is the go to for depression as far as I know. And Kava Kava calms your nerves without putting you to sleep like melatonin or valerian. I have had good result with these two with DH in the past.

Kava can be hard to find, no longer in stores. I beleive I still have some and would be happy to dispatch to you in the post.

It is suggested that low levels of these correlate with the SAD syndrome, less daylight in winter. Have you noticed a seasonal ride of depression, or is it 24/7/365?

Exposure to bright light is a second possible approach to increasing serotonin without drugs. Bright light is, of course, a standard treatment for seasonal depression, but a few studies also suggest that it is an effective treatment for nonseasonal depression38 and also reduces depressed mood in women with premenstrual dysphoric disorder39 and in pregnant women suffering from depression.40 The evidence relating these effects to serotonin is indirect. In human postmortem brain, serotonin levels are higher in those who died in summer than in those who died in winter.41 A similar conclusion came from a study on healthy volunteers, in which serotonin synthesis was assessed by measurements of the serotonin metabolite 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid (5-HIAA) in the venous outflow from the brain.42 There was also a positive correlation between serotonin synthesis and the hours of sunlight on the day the measurements were made, independent of season. In rats, serotonin is highest during the light part of the light–dark cycle, and this state is driven by the photic cycle rather than the circadian rhythm.43,44 The existence of a retinoraphe tract may help explain why, in experimental animals, neuronal firing rates, c-fos expression and the serotonin content in the raphe nuclei are responsive to retinal light exposure.44–48 In humans, there is certainly an interaction between bright light and the serotonin system. The mood-lowering effect of acute tryptophan depletion in healthy women is completely blocked by carrying out the study in bright light (3000 lux) instead of dim light.49

here is the full article: How to increase serotonin in the human brain without drugs

typical doc 'aviod the CP' that should be your brain screaming to you GO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew it-FAMOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and freaking stunningly beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW WOW WOW
Thanks cc, hbave tried mant alternatives re the depression which I have to say is much better though not 100%. The depression was caused by pain meds. They cross the brain barrier and stop receptors that are resposible for serotonin, dopamine etc. So the only way forward is to let the receptors fire again in their own time. Docs don't tell you this side effect... I wonder how much they really know. Anyway, like I said I am recovering. There were times I could barely get out of bed, it was an awful experience. No different to what an opiate addict would have to go through when quitting drugs!! Thanks for your help x
Old 03-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #340
Senior LCF Member

I am having such a hard time sticking with Stillman's. I just ate a big bowl of popcorn with margarine. Arrgh!

Maybe there is too much going on in my life so I am going to spend the next few weeks eating low carb - I think that is the healthiest way of eating anyway - and alternating between Stillman's and low carb.

I thought that Turandot is not only famous but beautiful too! Excess weight does not show in that face!

I will still be around though.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
Last night my mother got a phone call from a family member who told her that she should be looking into getting government help in case Dad has to go into a home (she is already doing that. not much luck) had better downsize (she is doing that slowly. Dad jokes it is his stuff that keeps disappearing) and look for a smaller place (her and Dad have talked to their landlord about a smaller, cheaper apartment) Dad is back in hospital - not sure exactly what is wrong - and we will handle things as they come up. This family member isn't here and doesn't know the day to day stuff. I know he means well and this is his way of handling things. But it was my mom's birthday!
As we picked up the pieces it became apparent how people behave when they respond to those who have experienced crises.

My mom's sisters were the 'you should do this' and 'I would do that'. Not really offering support, just opinion.

Then there were the people who fell apart and WE had to comfort THEM.....I mean, I appreciate that you are crushed like we are but we really have enough heavy lifting to do without having to hold you up as well.

Then there are the few that really are 'there'.
The realtor who served on the same comission as my Dad who drove mom downtown, (she hadn't driven highway in years, now she has remastered it again), the neighbor who gave her his Angie's list of contractors, lawyers and handymen, the lady friend of my dad who is an import exporter and has a carry permit, (my stepbrother came to the house threatening to evict her, had her phone forwarded to his office, stole the mail and filed a false mail forwarding request, forged checks at three of her banks).

It's difficult to shut people down when they make dictatorial phone calls 'offering' advice when you know they are motivated by their care for you. But it's stress you don't need.

When we began to see this happen over and over I told my mom to say things like, 'tell me how, show me how, give me the tools or do it for me. But don't just tell me what I should be doing or what you would be doing because that does not help me.'

And it worked.

Quote:
Thanks cc, hbave tried mant alternatives re the depression which I have to say is much better though not 100%. The depression was caused by pain meds. They cross the brain barrier and stop receptors that are resposible for serotonin, dopamine etc. So the only way forward is to let the receptors fire again in their own time. Docs don't tell you this side effect... I wonder how much they really know. Anyway, like I said I am recovering. There were times I could barely get out of bed, it was an awful experience. No different to what an opiate addict would have to go through when quitting drugs!! Thanks for your help x
Seek the deity of choice when healing is needed. And sometimes, the internet, good friends and family are tons better than a doctor.

I question the medical community now more than ever because following their methodology made me fat!!!!!!! Think of what would happen if it were more serious!!!! And public medicine? Forget it! You are the cash cow! My father is living proof! He is being treated for so much BS I am amazed he's not dead!

Quote:
I am having such a hard time sticking with Stillman's. I just ate a big bowl of popcorn with margarine. Arrgh!

Maybe there is too much going on in my life so I am going to spend the next few weeks eating low carb - I think that is the healthiest way of eating anyway - and alternating between Stillman's and low carb.

I thought that Turandot is not only famous but beautiful too! Excess weight does not show in that face!

bc, one step back is not the end. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back on the horse of your choice.

Turan is incredibly stunning.......maybe I can catch her in Atlanta.......Shar, are you in?

Remember guys, you only get one ride, so hang on tight and make the most of it.

Last edited by CCGirl; 03-21-2013 at 03:28 PM..
Old 03-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Thank you CCGirl, your words are so kind. I am not giving up - get back to being strict Stillman's on April 7. Unless another disaster happens!
Old 03-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

bc, sometimes you have to find out what works within REASON for you.

Like Mim tells us, be gentle with yourself.

Every pound, or fraction is a victory. Don't be fazed by falls off of the wagon, in the bigger picture these are LESSONS that we have to learn, relearn and relearn again.

We are HUMAN. Good and Bad. Mostly good.

We are also our own worst critics. When you are beating yourself up over a meaningless bowl of popcorn, think of what you would say to a dear friend who just confided in you that they were doing well and then blew it.

Would you say to them the things that you are saying to yourself now?

Unless you are cruel and heartless I think not.

This is a big part of the FLYlady's success. FlyLady.net

This is not just a diet. It's a lifestyle change, an awakening, a rebirth. A baptism. It is changing past behaviour for your common good. You are worth it.

The Loreal folks were on to something when they came up with that, and it has succeeded for them for decades. Let that mantra work it's magic for you.

We are are own worst enemy. We don't know where it comes from, (well sometimes we do), it is what it is. Letting it perpetuate is your destruction . Just say no. Or at least not now, later. Or tell it to kiss your sweet big A$$. Why is it so hard to love ourselves and easy to loathe ourselves? Maybe if you take a long look at that you will find answers.

I don't really have any answers, I have more questions. But I have compassion and passion, I have seen the plan work. I love myself now more than ever, and it feels good. And nobody should prohibit you from feeling that way. If they try, shuttem down. They are not good for you. Trust your instincts, they are correct eighty percent of the time. Proven science, not just a saying.

IDK........I have a big heart and I'm mechanically inclined so I naturally try to 'fix' things.......I fixed myself, fat wise anyway; maybe it can rub off on someone?

in all of my auctions I have used the same ending 'tag' line for ten years:

Life is too short not to have the vintage cool stuff, china, silver and glass that you love. Spoil your pets, kiss your kids, tell your signifigant other that you love them even in the moments that you don't. Call your Mom and Dad. I love you Mom!

Last edited by CCGirl; 03-21-2013 at 05:26 PM..
Old 03-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
bc, sometimes you have to find out what works within REASON for you.

Like Mim tells us, be gentle with yourself.

Every pound, or fraction is a victory. Don't be fazed by falls off of the wagon, in the bigger picture these are LESSONS that we have to learn, relearn and relearn again.

We are HUMAN. Good and Bad. Mostly good.

We are also our own worst critics. When you are beating yourself up over a meaningless bowl of popcorn, think of what you would say to a dear friend who just confided in you that they were doing well and then blew it.

Would you say to them the things that you are saying to yourself now?

Unless you are cruel and heartless I think not.
Didn't I tell you? I'm nasty! LOL. Right now I have my dad in hospital my book promo to worry about and I have to learn how to chill out more. I do like low carb b/c I feel better doing it - even though one of my friends tells me how unhealthy it is - and I know if I stick with it it will get the pounds off. For now, I am regrouping. Tomorrow I am going to get a few things and work on resetting myself.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I AM SENDING YOU SO MUCH LOVE AND SUPPORT!! PLEASE do whatever you need to do for yourself.

Thanks for your kind words! My weight is ALL in my LOWER half!! HUGE ASS and thighs! UGH!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #346
Senior LCF Member

CCG- ATL already happened but if you see anything else on my schedule I would be THRILLED to get you comp tickets and backstage passes so we can MEET!!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Turandot, do you ever get to Vancouver Canada?
Old 03-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #348
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChaoticGood
Stats: 211/199.7/150
WOE: Atkins/ Stillman
Start Date: March 2, 2013
Wow. Such great posts. Thank you all. I truly needed that motivation. It looks like most of us do! The links were very appropriate. I need to keep going for me. And I don't want to mess up because I have put effort into this and overcome a lot of tough moments and days.

I am having a really hard time today with the diet.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #349
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticGood View Post

I am having a really hard time today with the diet.
Sometimes I think this is the body's way of telling us it needs something in particular although when my body tells me it wants pizza and rum, I can't convince myself its b/c it is missing those nutrients!
Old 03-22-2013, 04:09 AM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Turandot, do you ever get to Vancouver Canada?
As a CANADIAN I would HOPE SO!!! I actually was supposed to be there next season but my production was cancelled! I will let you know what happens.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:57 AM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Turan, since we will be moving in hopefully the very near future I would be looking to your appearances in 2014. My folks always had a box at the Miami Opera and were benefactors of the Frost School of Music at the University of Miami.

Time to hit the showers and off to the chiropractor.

Mar, I saw the huge accident up your way, hoping you are safe!

It's a new day, skinnies, forget what you ate yesterday and focus on today. There are no bad days. You are up and breathing, warm and clothed. Amen.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:29 AM   #352
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Candy1974
Stats: 98/94.2/68 (kg)
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 28 Oct 2013
Hope every1 is well. Hope y'all hav a gr8 weekend. I'm in bed with stomach flu. Had chicken breast last night which i threw up. Had some eggs this morning which stayed in. Don't feel like eating much.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:50 AM   #353
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Friday morning! Swebb, thanks for posting the link to the article. I had read it too. It is important for us. One thing that helps us on the weight loss journey is to have some sense of why we are doing this. It is multi layered - to look good, to feel good, to be healthy, for a special event..........Thinking about the why, helps when we deviate from the plan. It is a journey for all of us and no journey is without some bumps in the road.

I'm heading out. I'm going to be very busy until Sunday late afternoon, so if I don't post, know that I'm thinking about y'all!
Old 03-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #354
Senior LCF Member

HI all!

I made my weekly goal and got into the 70's. I posted in the weight loss forum. Off to NYC this morning then sing Tomorrow afternoon and home for an amazing anniversary CHEAT! Planning to jump right back into Stills Sunday for another month! I bought a LOT of fish to try and recover from the cheat. I will do mostly fish and eggs next week.
Have a great weekend!
Old 03-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Down .8 today. I was SO good the last couple of days. My son wanted pizza for his Birthday so we went to the store got pizza, 2 pieces of cake and 2 tiny containers of ice cream for my 2 kids. They had half Weds. and the other half Thursday. I did not even lick a pepperoni! lol It was hard because I really like all of those things. I feel great passing them up.
I will get to do it again on Saturday when he has his big party with all his friends. Worst part is my husband is planning to go off plan and eat cake, ice cream, and pizza. When he goes off, I usually use it as an excuse to go off also. I am hoping I have the strength to not cheat tomorrow!

Quote:

I really hope things get easier for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy1974 View Post
Hope every1 is well. Hope y'all hav a gr8 weekend. I'm in bed with stomach flu. Had chicken breast last night which i threw up. Had some eggs this morning which stayed in. Don't feel like eating much.
ick. Feel better quickly. When I was sick a couple weeks ago I made egg drop soup to eat. Helped a lot!
Quote:
HI all!

I made my weekly goal and got into the 70's. I posted in the weight loss forum. Off to NYC this morning then sing Tomorrow afternoon and home for an amazing anniversary CHEAT! Planning to jump right back into Stills Sunday for another month! I bought a LOT of fish to try and recover from the cheat. I will do mostly fish and eggs next week.
Have a great weekend!
Congratulations for hitting your weekly goal! Enjoy your cheat and Happy Anniversary.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 03-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
As a CANADIAN I would HOPE SO!!! I actually was supposed to be there next season but my production was cancelled! I will let you know what happens.
I would love to go. I have never been to an opera! And congrats on making your goald.

Candy 1974, feel better soon.

When I started this I wasn't going to do it continuously. I had decided on 2 to 3 weeks on Stills and 1 to 2 on another low carb. That way I will get more nutrients. I am not upset about going off the diet this week. I will take my two week break and then get back to it next month.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay Turan!!!!!!!!!

y'all, check out our girl in action:

{{{{{{{{Bratty}}}}}}}

Mim, enjoy your busy weekend, I hope it's all good!!!

Ew, Candy, feel better sweetie, maybe some G2 SF Gatorade? They gave me Tagamet to stop the nausea when I get it, it really works.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #358
Senior LCF Member

YIKES!! I hadn't seen that before!!! WOW!
So unfortunately it will be a 2 day cheat. I just got to NYC and I am in a GREAT suite and they sent a HUGE basket of goodies. A ton of fruit plus chocolate and many pastries etc.. CRAP! Oh well. Sunday I will be back on. I think I won't weigh myself until next Sunday to make SURE I have a full week back on STILLS! Any tips for jumping back on and making sure I lose 10lbs? the 5 I am sure I will gain and the 5 I need to lose this week?
Old 03-23-2013, 04:35 AM   #359
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Saturday morning! I went to a parishioner's house for dinner and a movie last night. I didn't eat anything for dinner that was off plan, which meant I only ate salad. But I had a glass of wine and during the movie she "forced" a piece of pie on me! It was yummy. I'm probably on plan today. I say probably because I have a meeting and lunch will be served. I'll try to stay on plan but sometimes I am too hungry at these meetings to be picky! But all will be well. I'm in the zone and these life events will not detour me!
Old 03-23-2013, 05:26 AM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mmmmmmmmmm............pie..........gosh, Mim, your life is one huge meeting.........bless you, you are so needed in your community.........

Turan, I hope you had one chocolate then flushed the rest or left it for the maid.........pastry, blech, throw it out the window for the birds..........where are you staying? No, I'm not going to show up it's a five hour ride..........
Closed Thread