Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
Going off the diet last night cost me an addition 1.6 pounds - may be up again tomorrow - but back to Stills today. And I just got a call from my mother, my dad is back in hospital! Argh!
Sending you HUGS for your DAD!! I pray he will recover! I am so IMPRESSED that you can do STILLS during such a stressful time.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I spent the last hour catching up on this thread. Chatty this month!

The last 2 weeks have been a roller coaster. Between getting a cold, the flu, ect. My diet has been 2 days on, 2 days off. Had a few minor life distractions( stupid insurance problems!) that caused some stress but it has been straightened out

Cold is finally about gone! As of today I have been on 4 days very strict stills and I feel great. Been losing about a pound a day. Hopefully that keeps happening.
{{{{{{{{{Bratty}}}}}}}} feel better soon!!!!!!!

Quote:
Going off the diet last night cost me an addition 1.6 pounds - may be up again tomorrow - but back to Stills today. And I just got a call from my mother, my dad is back in hospital! Argh!
{{{{{{bc}}}}}} I hope it's not serious..........
Old 03-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
Sending you HUGS for your DAD!! I pray he will recover! I am so IMPRESSED that you can do STILLS during such a stressful time.
I'm cheating today - between getting ready for my free promo this weekend, my father and a disturbing phone call yesterday - my stress levels are through the roof! I think it is time I start meditating
Old 03-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #304
Senior LCF Member

[

{{{{{{bc}}}}}} I hope it's not serious..........[/QUOTE]

thanks CCGirl, I hope not too. He just got out of hospital on Saturday!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm cheating today - between getting ready for my free promo this weekend, my father and a disturbing phone call yesterday - my stress levels are through the roof! I think it is time I start meditating
YOU DO WHATEVER YOU NEED TO DO to take care of yourself! Be gentle with yourself.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #306
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChaoticGood
Stats: 211/199.7/150
WOE: Atkins/ Stillman
Start Date: March 2, 2013
Quote:
It is near impossible for me to stay on plan when I am pmsing. It is really frustrating. I almost always fail.

Snacks. If I have to have a snack I always have hard boiled eggs, low fat string cheese in the fridge. Oh and sugar free jello if it is a sweet tooth bugging me. I try to avoid the cheese at all cost but sometimes I just really want it.
I do need to boil more eggs. I was doing that every other day for awhile. I guess when I'm busy and also when I'm PMSing (I get SOOO spacey ), I have not been doing that! String cheese is a good idea. I know they make lower fat versions. I also try to avoid cheese but that is an area where I cheat. I haven't had any sugar, unless there is some in sauces while eating out, so that's good.

Hope you feel better!
Old 03-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #307
Junior LCF Member

I triple those hugs, bcgrown.

Turnadot, where will you be traveling soon? If you mentioned it, I forgot! And what anniversary are you celebrating? I am holding off for a big ol' celebration on April 7th!
Old 03-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #308
Junior LCF Member

I just had a grande sugar-free hazelnut soy iced latte from Starbucks. looked up the carb count- 17 grams! Gah! FAIL!!

I suck.

But that was delicious.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #309
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=ChaoticGood;16325403]I triple those hugs, bcgrown.

Turnadot, where will you be traveling soon? If you mentioned it, I forgot! And what anniversary are you celebrating? I am holding off for a big ol' celebration on April 7th![/

In April I will be in North Carolina and in June Peru! I need to lose 15lbs by the 26 of April to fit into a gown that I own but haven't worn to perform yet.
Saturday is my wedding anniversary . I plan to have a nice dinner with my husband.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticGood View Post
Thank you ChaoticGood. I know this program works for me, I was doing so well and I know I will get back to it. It may take me longer to lose all the weight I want to.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:48 AM   #311
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Wednesday morning! I'm heading into day 3 today. I've been eating more food than I typically do when I'm on plan, but I like to ease into the program when I start.

Turnadot, I have a question! How do you know you need to lose 15 pounds to fit into you gown? I am so bad at trying to figure out sizes - like if I lose 10 will I be in a smaller size, does it take 20 to move sizes? Anyway, how good you will feel being in your gown!
Old 03-20-2013, 04:57 AM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hello all. Have not been around for a while, have probably been through what I consider to be one of the most challenging times of my life but won't post it here. Anyway, I feel better today and have decided to get rid of the 11bs (eek) I have gained since the depression that came with my problem. Might not sound much to most but when you reach goal (I lost 50 or so pounds with Stills and kept it off quite easily until a few months ago when I suffered a deep depression, lack of motivation caused by other meds I WAS taking. As I said I'm feeling better now and its time to deal with the weight issue. I have eaten quite a few high carb meals today but see no reason to wait until tomorrow to start. It starts today at 1.pm my time. Hoping I can shift this by the 31st. Bigg hello to CC, I know you are still here but have not had a chance to read the back posts, so I'll take it from here. Taking this all the way. Intersted to hear what you guys are eating.

Last edited by makemeslim; 03-20-2013 at 05:00 AM..
Old 03-20-2013, 05:16 AM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
In April I will be in North Carolina and in June Peru! I need to lose 15lbs by the 26 of April to fit into a gown that I own but haven't worn to perform yet.
Saturday is my wedding anniversary . I plan to have a nice dinner with my husband.[/QUOTE]

what do you play? Sing?
OMG people she's famous.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hello all. Have not been around for a while, have probably been through what I consider to be one of the most challenging times of my life but won't post it here. Anyway, I feel better today and have decided to get rid of the 11bs (eek) I have gained since the depression that came with my problem. Might not sound much to most but when you reach goal (I lost 50 or so pounds with Stills and kept it off quite easily until a few months ago when I suffered a deep depression, lack of motivation caused by other meds I WAS taking. As I said I'm feeling better now and its time to deal with the weight issue. I have eaten quite a few high carb meals today but see no reason to wait until tomorrow to start. It starts today at 1.pm my time. Hoping I can shift this by the 31st. Bigg hello to CC, I know you are still here but have not had a chance to read the back posts, so I'll take it from here. Taking this all the way. Intersted to hear what you guys are eating.
ahhh, MMS, life..........ditch the meds if you can........again, like the repeating parrot, chiropractor, I say...........love you, girl........

well we lived to see another day.....under fourteen inches of snow. Now for the plow out and cleaning off the vehicles.......poor horses had to stay in all day yesterday, they are not happy..........Florida, we're ready.......

there are no bad days, just some suck worse than others...
Old 03-20-2013, 05:29 AM   #314
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
(((((MMS))))) I'm sorry you are going through a bad time. Hang out here and feel the love. We are here for you.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:36 AM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

Also did some research on typtophan which a low carb diet has plenty of. However evidence suggest that Trypt needs a small amount of carb in order to eventually convert to Seatonin. Then there is dpoamine. I have L-Tyrosine and B6. Don't want to go backwards. It's been a nightmare. Any insight CC? Trying to find a combined sugar free supplement.

Last edited by makemeslim; 03-20-2013 at 05:37 AM..
Old 03-20-2013, 06:10 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Mim. CC, the meds well and truly hit the trash a while back. In fact, I've been suffering from the after effects - 2 months of hell. Seems like we have some goals that are close. I've 11 days to ditch 11 pounds. I've managed higher numbers in one week before so I am set on doing this. I hear you about the CP. My doc told me to avoid them a all but I have lost faith in the Docs and will be taking an alternative route. x
Old 03-20-2013, 06:12 AM   #317
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
(((((MMS))))) I'm sorry you are going through a bad time. Hang out here and feel the love. We are here for you.
Thank Mim.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #318
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post

Turnadot, I have a question! How do you know you need to lose 15 pounds to fit into you gown? I am so bad at trying to figure out sizes - like if I lose 10 will I be in a smaller size, does it take 20 to move sizes? Anyway, how good you will feel being in your gown!

I was told by my trainer (I had one for a brief time. It was useless) that you go down a size every 10-15 pounds and that it depends on your height and body shape. A friend of mine has lost about 27 pounds and went down one size- from and 20 to and 18. Those are now loose on her but she can't stuff herself into a 16 just yet but she is pretty tall and has very wide hips.

For me, it seems to be right around the middle of that 10-15 number- about 12 pounds. So, I've lost about 11 or 12 now and I am in a smaller size but they are a bit snug. Still wearing them so I can pretend to be living the dream
Old 03-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #319
Junior LCF Member

[quote=Turandot;16325534]
Quote:

Turnadot, where will you be traveling soon? If you mentioned it, I forgot! And what anniversary are you celebrating? I am holding off for a big ol' celebration on April 7th![/

Saturday is my wedding anniversary . I plan to have a nice dinner with my husband.
Wow, Peru! I have done some traveling, but usually to Asian countries and never got further south than some villages in Mexico. I've been to Canada several times, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, India, and Nepal. I would love to do South America and some European countries! Saturday is definitely a reason to go seriously go off plan!
Old 03-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Down another pound. I want to be excited about it but just can't. I have lost the same 25 pounds too many times. I will not be excited till I get to 201. My lowest in a long time. I am happy and grateful it is going down but not excited.
Today my little man turns 7! We are getting him a cupcake for today but his party isn't until Saturday. I have every intention of just staying on plan. The pizza, cake, and ice cream just isn't worth the week long set back it would cause.

Turandot
I have never tried chocoperfection. I am really careful when I have chocolate. The small amount of caffeine in it bugs my heart. Especially the dark chocolates.

bcgrown
I do not know what is wrong with your dad but I hope your he is doing better and your stress levels can drop. *hugs*

ChaoticGood
I presume everything I haven't made has secret carbs out to get me.

Mim
Hope your day is going smoothly!

mms
*hugs* for whatever you went through. I am glad that you seem to be turning it around.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 03-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #321
Junior LCF Member

hi, makemeslim. Welcome back. I'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time but maybe reaching your goal will help that a bit. I just started Stillman's this month. This diet is amazing. I've never seen results like this.

This is a great group of people here.

To answer your question about food, today I am sticking to just turkey burgers and shrimp. Later, I am going to boil some eggs to have for tomorrow and cook some tilapia I picked up. I have been veering off the diet often lately and I don't like it at all. Not gaining, but not losing. I'm certainly not at my ideal weight so there's no reason to be stalling!
Old 03-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #322
Junior LCF Member

happy birthday to your son, Bratty! I have two boys myself- one just turned 8 in February and the other is 5. He will be 6 this year. I also have a daughter who is 10 and will be 11. Middle school this year (My avatar is actually her when she was 4 months old).

Sorry about the multiple posts in a row! It's hard to keep up with everything I wanted to reply to! I don't know if multi-quoting is annoying...

Well, yesterday I totally cheated. I mean, there were some days where I might cheat by having a SF chocolate pudding like once a week, but yesterday I deliberately had carbs. We went to sushi (the last time we went, I just had sashimi) and I had 5 pieces with rice and fried yumminess all over it. Well, that's my first real cheat meal since I've been on plan. I hope it doesn't do too much damage to my diet. I really want to be very strict the next three days. I met my goal of being under 200 by last Saturday, but lately I have wavering into the 200s and I'd love to be SAFE in the 190s (goal for this week was 195). Tons of water and strict proteins today!!! oh........ and coffee my favorite!

Last edited by ChaoticGood; 03-20-2013 at 10:25 AM..
Old 03-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #323
Senior LCF Member

CCG: This is me:
Othalie Graham, soprano

I think if I lose aboout 25 lbs I will get into this gown easily! We'll see what happen. I am not cheating until Saturday no matter what but I will weight Fri am and see where I am. Next week to combat the Saturday cheat I will treadmill an hour a day. I enjoy walking and I watch netflix while I do it so an hour goes by quickly. Any tips for having a cheat then losing the cheat weight quickly? I'm sure I will gain a little.

MMS sending you warm hugs of support!! You reached goal before and you will do it again! How did you lose more than 11 lbs in a week. I would LOVE to hear about that.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
A quick check in..... I am taking a short vacation (4 days) in not so sunny Panhandle of Florida.... Off strict Stillman's slightly so I am guessing this will knock me out of ketosis... I will be happy of Friday's weigh-in shows me holding steady.....

Must drink more water! Even if I ask for NO seasonings on my restaurant food it tastes salty to me.

We are 1/2 way through the week everyone - stay strong!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
Othalie Graham, soprano

I think if I lose aboout 25 lbs I will get into this gown easily! We'll see what happen. I am not cheating until Saturday no matter what but I will weight Fri am and see where I am. Next week to combat the Saturday cheat I will treadmill an hour a day. I enjoy walking and I watch netflix while I do it so an hour goes by quickly. Any tips for having a cheat then losing the cheat weight quickly? I'm sure I will gain a little.

MMS sending you warm hugs of support!! You reached goal before and you will do it again! How did you lose more than 11 lbs in a week. I would LOVE to hear about that.
Just a quick drive by but can I just say-- you are stunning!!!

MMS - welcome back! I, too, am trying to lose the weight (and maybe then some) that I gained back after hitting goal a few months back. We can do this together! And I'm sorry about your situation, I hope things start looking up soon.

Bratty! Welcome back!

Hii everyone! Still not on back on plan quite yet... one of these days...
Old 03-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #326
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Down another pound. I want to be excited about it but just can't. I have lost the same 25 pounds too many times. I will not be excited till I get to 201. My lowest in a long time. I am happy and grateful it is going down but not excited.
Today my little man turns 7! We are getting him a cupcake for today but his party isn't until Saturday. I have every intention of just staying on plan. The pizza, cake, and ice cream just isn't worth the week long set back it would cause.

Turandot
I have never tried chocoperfection. I am really careful when I have chocolate. The small amount of caffeine in it bugs my heart. Especially the dark chocolates.

bcgrown
I do not know what is wrong with your dad but I hope your he is doing better and your stress levels can drop. *hugs*

ChaoticGood
I presume everything I haven't made has secret carbs out to get me.

Mim
Hope your day is going smoothly!

mms
*hugs* for whatever you went through. I am glad that you seem to be turning it around.
I know you are not excited about the pound but congrats anyway, a pound is a pound. Thanks for the support BrattyS.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
hi, makemeslim. Welcome back. I'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time but maybe reaching your goal will help that a bit. I just started Stillman's this month. This diet is amazing. I've never seen results like this.

This is a great group of people here.

To answer your question about food, today I am sticking to just turkey burgers and shrimp. Later, I am going to boil some eggs to have for tomorrow and cook some tilapia I picked up. I have been veering off the diet often lately and I don't like it at all. Not gaining, but not losing. I'm certainly not at my ideal weight so there's no reason to be stalling!
Hi the Chao, thanks for the welcome. I will definitely reach goal... I've done it before and I will do it again. Keep at it and you will hit your goal in no time. This diet really works.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:22 PM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Othalie Graham, soprano

Hello and thankyou. It was my first ever week doing stills and I believe I dropped close to 14 pounds! Lost a total of 50 I think and have been lucky to have no loose skin etc and have a tummy you could iron on, even with these extra 11lb, that seem to have gone straight on my thighs, ughh! I am near 5ft 11 so I can hide it well but my skinny jeans just feel so tight and uncomfortable. Although exercise is important, I rarely did any whilst losing.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Just a quick drive by but can I just say-- you are stunning!!!

MMS - welcome back! I, too, am trying to lose the weight (and maybe then some) that I gained back after hitting goal a few months back. We can do this together! And I'm sorry about your situation, I hope things start looking up soon.

Bratty! Welcome back!

Hii everyone! Still not on back on plan quite yet... one of these days...
Hi Littlelavendar, lets do this. I commit to no cheats or excuses!
Old 03-21-2013, 05:23 AM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Here is a link to an article I read this morning. It is about a woman's feelings after losing 180 pounds - made me really think. Be sure to also read the comments at the bottom. I know I tell myself I am doing this to be more "healthy"......and I am BUT there is also a huge element of outside acceptance and approval as well!!!

Hopefully with the support on this forum we can all avoid some of the "disappointment" she has experienced.

Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs

Last edited by swebb; 03-21-2013 at 05:24 AM..
Closed Thread