Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riri View Post
Morning everyone!
Past two weeks were a total mess. I travelled to Austin to attend SxSW festival and couldn't keep up with the diet. When I finally weigh myself last night I was 5 pounds heavier. It was kind of expected but seeing that number frustrated me, specially that I walked A LOT and thought it would help burning the excess calories. Oh well.. the weird thing is, I don't feel that I gained weight. My clothes are more comfortable and I look a little bit skinnier on the mirror.. I guess its just the new scale playing tricks on me hahaha.
When I go off plan I automatically gain 3-5 lbs... when you are on stills you have no fiber in your system and therefore you don't hold in a lot of water. 1 lb of carbs can make you gain about 2-3 lbs of water so if you were eating off plan you are probably just holding the extra water so once you start back on plan you will lose it and more!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

I am up 3lbs today.... and I feel all bloaty and gross even my fingers are bloated!!! I am assuming its TOM and the fact that I ate at my moms last night... She wouldn't take no for an answer and she guilted me into eating potatoes because "I love mashed potatoes and she made them just for me" I had a small amount so I am not kicking myself too hard.

My Mom has noticed my weight loss and she has gained weight since moving in with her boyfriend (he eats all the time and always gets her to eat with him) so she keep jokingly telling me she hates me or that she found the weight I lost. I told her to try stills or even just low carb but she won`t saying she needs carbs but she will cut her sugar.

I kinda feel like sometimes though that she is trying to make me eat because she gained weight and she wants me to as well. She brings me treats when she knows I am not eating sugar and always invites me to eat things like dim sum and vietnamese that are high carb from the sauces or wraps or noodles and when I come over she makes things she knows I am not eating right now. She does this all the time, its so frustrating!

OK rant over, that 3 lbs gain annoyed me!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Turandot
Stats: 395/Less/EVEN LESS!
WOE: Atkins/Nutritional Ketosis/STILLMAN to the finish
Start Date: Feb 21st 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Decided to "experiment" with "perception" today. Last week I did not get on the scale until my weigh-in day (Friday)....I was really HAPPY to see a loss and that MOTIVATED me to keep on going, pushing through the cravings and the "pity parties". I have traditionally been a daily (sometimes several times a day) weigher. So, I stayed on plan and decided to see what I weighed today, hoping to see a loss, however small (don't we all??) - stepped on the scale and I was 1/2 pound UP!!!! I can't believe the NEGATIVE feelings that came over me (and I should KNOW better). I felt like I have failed...again! (and it had only been 3 days since my big loss!) - If there had been "bad" stuff in the house I would have been very tempted to binge....and we all know where THAT leads.

So the moral of MY story is that, for me, I need to weigh-in NO MORE than once a week!
THAT IS MY MO! As soon as I jump on the scale if it's not a loss I want to eat everything that's not nailed down!!! I BINGE terribly. Try to stick with once a week if you can.

Quote:
Morning everyone!
Past two weeks were a total mess. I travelled to Austin to attend SxSW festival and couldn't keep up with the diet. When I finally weigh myself last night I was 5 pounds heavier. It was kind of expected but seeing that number frustrated me, specially that I walked A LOT and thought it would help burning the excess calories. Oh well.. the weird thing is, I don't feel that I gained weight. My clothes are more comfortable and I look a little bit skinnier on the mirror.. I guess its just the new scale playing tricks on me hahaha.
Water for SURE! Drink a ton of water and do a week of clean STILLS you'll be fine. Also NEVER weigh yourself at night! NEVER!! It's never accurate. In the morning is best atfer you go to the lavatory NAKED.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I am up 3lbs today.... and I feel all bloaty and gross even my fingers are bloated!!! I am assuming its TOM and the fact that I ate at my moms last night... She wouldn't take no for an answer and she guilted me into eating potatoes because "I love mashed potatoes and she made them just for me" I had a small amount so I am not kicking myself too hard.

My Mom has noticed my weight loss and she has gained weight since moving in with her boyfriend (he eats all the time and always gets her to eat with him) so she keep jokingly telling me she hates me or that she found the weight I lost. I told her to try stills or even just low carb but she won`t saying she needs carbs but she will cut her sugar.

I kinda feel like sometimes though that she is trying to make me eat because she gained weight and she wants me to as well. She brings me treats when she knows I am not eating sugar and always invites me to eat things like dim sum and vietnamese that are high carb from the sauces or wraps or noodles and when I come over she makes things she knows I am not eating right now. She does this all the time, its so frustrating!

OK rant over, that 3 lbs gain annoyed me!
You will lose the 3 no problem. I'm sorry your Mom is a food pusher! Can you talk to her about it?
Old 03-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgrown
Stats: 193/130
WOE: Primal/paleo
Start Date: March 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
I would LOVE to lose 60!! How long do you think it will take? I was so tempted to have an atkins peanut bar last night but I just went to bed. I want to have a cheat once a month then hard core Stills. This is my only chance to lose the weight so I have to do it.

I am know YOU will make your goal.
If I can average 3 pounds a week, I would be at my goal by the end of August. Hopefully by Christmas at the latest. And it takes six months for the skin to shrink, or so I am told, so that by my 49th birthday I should be looking HOT!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #276
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChaoticGood
Stats: 211/199.7/150
WOE: Atkins/ Stillman
Start Date: March 2, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelavender View Post
Yay! Congrats on reaching your goal for the week and welcome to Onederland! It took me about 4 months and I didn't really stick to strict Stillmans but i was still very strict with staying low carb. For those whole 4 months I don't think I had any bread, sweets, fruit (besides berries) or starchy veggies at all but I did have some veggies, cheese, and nonfat greek yogurt sometimes, so I guess it was more like strict Atkins most of the time with some Stillmans days thrown in. I also exercised 3-5 times a week doing both cardio and strength training, which i think helped. You can do it! After a while, you don't even crave carby junk anymore. I was overweight my whole life and kinda just accepted that fact until I came across this forum one day and got inspired by everyone's results. I never ever thought I'd get to this weight, so don't underestimate what you can do when you're motivated enough!
Great! This is my plan. What I like about this diet is that when I veer off of it, it's usually Atkins style, so maybe I had too much fat but never too many carbs. Or, I will have a carb-free treat.

Quote:
I am CRAVING CHOCOLATE!!! UGH! PMS is kicking my butt! I won't cheat until Saturday (my anniversary) then restart Sunday. SO DYING FOR A SLICE OF CHOCOLATE CAKE I have such a long way to go so I will just go for a walk and try not to think about it. I will weigh on Friday and pray to be in the 270's finally! Then 40 lbs to go! LORD!
This has been my weakness and what made me give in and buy some of those sugar free Jello puddings. I have craved chocolate on and off since I started this diet. The weekend was tough because there was a lot of chocolate cake, ice cream, and candies around at the birthday party, and yesterday my son and boyfriend were eating these heavenly salted caramel chocolate cake pops. I made it through without having a crumb, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrown View Post
If I can average 3 pounds a week, I would be at my goal by the end of August.
I would love to be at my goal by August, too. I will be doing a 2 week road trip up the coast with my kids and meeting up with friends and my boyfriend's family along the way. The heat and the meeting of people I haven't seen in awhile make me want to be as trim as possible even more!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #277
Junior LCF Member

The weekend was kind of rough. Saturday was the birthday party and I did okay. They had baked wings, some with no sauce, and it's unlike me but I had 2 Diet Sodas and made it out alive! It was such a beautiful, warm day here in the 70s (F) and some of the adults were drinking these delicious and refreshing margaritas.

Yesterday, I did okay but had to get up and go all morning. I had two photoshoots in two different locations and I had to eat a salad (with full fat dressing) while on the go and then, even though I brought water to drink, I just didn't have time to get it in. Both locations were outdoors so I wasn't going to risk needing to use the bathroom 50 times! So, weighed in today at a 201 so, of course I get a tinge of disappointment, but I'm not going to let that phase me!

Shopping today! Eggs, chicken breasts, tilapia. Need to be stricter. I think the cottage cheese stalls me. The kind I get is low fat but has 6g of carbs per serving. I made this # up but I try to stick to less than 5 a day.

Last edited by ChaoticGood; 03-18-2013 at 12:08 PM..
Old 03-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #278
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Those of you with the new scales. Did you calibrate them or just assume they're accurate?

My scale is over 20 years old and still weighs accurately. Every once in a while, I will weigh a new box of cat litter on it (23 lbs) to check its accuracy. The key is that you have to use something 20 lbs or heavier, or it won't be accurate.

For the chocolate cravers. I will share my secret, something I have regularly that's about 3g carbs and no more than 30 cal and NO FAT. But I will confess that it's an acquired taste. I try to avoid anything with a sweet taste, so you might add Splenda or something like that if you can't go 'hard core.'

I put a splash of hot coffee in a soup mug and blend in a heaping teasp. of unsweetened cocoa (I buy a supermarket brand that's only cocoa--nothing added). Then I add 1/4 cup egg white, mix it with a sprinkle of cinnamon and microwave it for about 90 sec. It makes a 'brownie' that has a rich chocolaty taste. I have it with a fresh cup of coffee or tea, and it's also very satisfying.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #279
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aliquot
Stats: 220/205/140
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 3/4/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Those of you with the new scales. Did you calibrate them or just assume they're accurate?

My scale is over 20 years old and still weighs accurately. Every once in a while, I will weigh a new box of cat litter on it (23 lbs) to check its accuracy. The key is that you have to use something 20 lbs or heavier, or it won't be accurate.
Hey Leo,

You have a good point, about the scales. I'm actually seriously doubting the the one I bought. I have it on a solid surface when I use it, but even so, it seems to fluctuate a little too much throughout the day (sometimes I'm 204, and sometimes 208). I need to find something with a known weight to test out my old one. Would love it if my old one ended up being the more trustworthy one. In the end, I will probably just return this scale and get a more expensive one with good reviews of being accurate.

Great trick with the brownie in a mug. Before being on Stillman's, I would sometimes make a similar thing, but with hot chocolate mix and some flour.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Leo for the recipe. I went out and bought some cocoa. I am kind of taking today off the diet - having a couple of drinks and eating some more fat although no bread or stuff. It has been a stressful couple of weeks and today was starting out the same.

Its funny. I don't crave bread but I do french fries. If the craving is still there on the 28th, I will buy a small order of fries to get rid of it.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #281
Senior LCF Member

I bought a TON of chicken breast at the market today plus fish. I broke down and had 2 squares of Chocoperfection.
ChocoPerfection Bars

It made me feel better! I feel VERY bloated from my TOM! I just need to weigh in the
70's by friday!!! Then I leave for NYC and Sing a Preview Saturday afternoon and race back for my ANNIVERSARY CHEAT!! YAY!!
Old 03-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Leo for the recipe. I went out and bought some cocoa. I am kind of taking today off the diet - having a couple of drinks and eating some more fat although no bread or stuff. It has been a stressful couple of weeks and today was starting out the same.

Its funny. I don't crave bread but I do french fries. If the craving is still there on the 28th, I will buy a small order of fries to get rid of it.
I LOVE FRENCH FRIES SO MUCH! UGH!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
I think I got hit kinda hard with induction flu yesterday - I remember getting it last time I did Stills. This time, though, I couldn't power through it... meat just sounded so disgusting and I felt like complete crap, but I noticed I felt better after I ate. Sooo yesterday I was totally off plan, and I was today too. I'll try again tomorrow.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hi all! I survived my BFF staying over.......St. Pats, not so much...but it was fun so boo hoo...

congrats to all you losers and those on plan!!!!!!!

Mim, sorry for your laptop woes.......
Old 03-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: littlelavender
Stats: 170/127.6/120, 5'4"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 4/30/12 // Restart 3/14/13
Quote:
For the chocolate cravers. I will share my secret, something I have regularly that's about 3g carbs and no more than 30 cal and NO FAT. But I will confess that it's an acquired taste. I try to avoid anything with a sweet taste, so you might add Splenda or something like that if you can't go 'hard core.'

I put a splash of hot coffee in a soup mug and blend in a heaping teasp. of unsweetened cocoa (I buy a supermarket brand that's only cocoa--nothing added). Then I add 1/4 cup egg white, mix it with a sprinkle of cinnamon and microwave it for about 90 sec. It makes a 'brownie' that has a rich chocolaty taste. I have it with a fresh cup of coffee or tea, and it's also very satisfying.
Brilliant!!! Thank you for sharing. Most of the brownie in a mug recipes I've seen have flour and other carby stuff in it, this one is perfectly simple.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I think I got hit kinda hard with induction flu yesterday - I remember getting it last time I did Stills. This time, though, I couldn't power through it... meat just sounded so disgusting and I felt like complete crap, but I noticed I felt better after I ate. Sooo yesterday I was totally off plan, and I was today too. I'll try again tomorrow.
I think that when these cravings and feeling bad get rough that taking a short break might be the best thing. And it might just shock our metabolisms so that they work better.

Quote:
I LOVE FRENCH FRIES SO MUCH! UGH!
I once bought an order and was eating walking down the street. I got to the park and decided I had had enough so I gave them away to a street person. A couple blocks later I wanted more so I bought more and ended up overeating!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Brilliant!!! Thank you for sharing. Most of the brownie in a mug recipes I've seen have flour and other carby stuff in it, this one is perfectly simple.
It's good too, I just had some. I added some sweetener and will play with the recipe.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Hint: If you do end up getting the fries - let them get cold then try and eat them. YUCK
Old 03-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hint: If you do end up getting the fries - let them get cold then try and eat them. YUCK
To get to one of the stores that I shop at regularly i have to walk by an A&W, a Dairy Queen and a McDonald's. Lots of places to get a small order of fries. Knowing me, if I let them go cold I will just go buy more!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
To get to one of the stores that I shop at regularly i have to walk by an A&W, a Dairy Queen and a McDonald's. Lots of places to get a small order of fries. Knowing me, if I let them go cold I will just go buy more!
ME TOO! I love HOT fries from McDonalds! I think one cheat meal and going back on plan shocks your body and you lose again. Has anyone found this to be true?
Old 03-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
ME TOO! I love HOT fries from McDonalds! I think one cheat meal and going back on plan shocks your body and you lose again. Has anyone found this to be true?
I found this to be true - especially if I had be low carbing for several weeks in a row. This was actually discussed in Stillman's book.....somewhere.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You will lose the 3 no problem. I'm sorry your Mom is a food pusher! Can you talk to her about it?
Unfortunaley she doesnèt think what she does is bad so she doesn't stop.

Oh well I will just start again tomorrow! Today was a bad day I need to get my poop together if I ant to lose these last 5 lbs!
Old 03-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
OMG I hope so, when BFF was here she brought chips, salsa, Combos and sweet peanuts, all of which I ate..............and had many trips to the powder room the next day!

Good morning, all, going back out to shovel the now nine inches and counting as winter storm Ukko refuses to let Spring arrive........ well, at least I'm getting in some cardio...... TTYL
Old 03-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
I spent the last hour catching up on this thread. Chatty this month!

The last 2 weeks have been a roller coaster. Between getting a cold, the flu, ect. My diet has been 2 days on, 2 days off. Had a few minor life distractions( stupid insurance problems!) that caused some stress but it has been straightened out

Cold is finally about gone! As of today I have been on 4 days very strict stills and I feel great. Been losing about a pound a day. Hopefully that keeps happening.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Going off the diet last night cost me an addition 1.6 pounds - may be up again tomorrow - but back to Stills today. And I just got a call from my mother, my dad is back in hospital! Argh!
Old 03-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #296
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Old 03-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #297
Junior LCF Member

All this talk of chocolate and french fries! Oh my! I love both of these things! I'm PMSing AND I had another busy day where I got home late and didn't eat or drink much all day. It was another tough day!

I would love to lose 4 more pounds by Saturday morning to stay on track and reach my goal. Gotta try harder and plan better for these busy times. Do any of you have any quick snacks or meals that are fast to prepare at home OR easy to take with you?
Old 03-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #298
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Morning everyone!
how was SXSW? I had a lot of friends go this year. I also saw them posting pics of crazy-delicious looking food! Fried chicken waffle bacon taco, etc!
Old 03-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticGood View Post
All this talk of chocolate and french fries! Oh my! I love both of these things! I'm PMSing AND I had another busy day where I got home late and didn't eat or drink much all day. It was another tough day!

I would love to lose 4 more pounds by Saturday morning to stay on track and reach my goal. Gotta try harder and plan better for these busy times. Do any of you have any quick snacks or meals that are fast to prepare at home OR easy to take with you?
It is near impossible for me to stay on plan when I am pmsing. It is really frustrating. I almost always fail.

Snacks. If I have to have a snack I always have hard boiled eggs, low fat string cheese in the fridge. Oh and sugar free jello if it is a sweet tooth bugging me. I try to avoid the cheese at all cost but sometimes I just really want it.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I found this to be true - especially if I had be low carbing for several weeks in a row. This was actually discussed in Stillman's book.....somewhere.
Good! I plan to cheat BIG on Saturday for my anniversary!!! BIG BIG BIG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
It is near impossible for me to stay on plan when I am pmsing. It is really frustrating. I almost always fail.

Snacks. If I have to have a snack I always have hard boiled eggs, low fat string cheese in the fridge. Oh and sugar free jello if it is a sweet tooth bugging me. I try to avoid the cheese at all cost but sometimes I just really want it.
I had another square of the chocoperfection. Have you tried it? It's SO DELICIOUS! If I don't I will eat my entire HOUSE. My PMS is bad and I just want ice cream so much!!!
Closed Thread