Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: saudade
Stats: 167/164/130 (5'6")
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: May 30 2013
New and have a few questions...

Hi, I've been lurking for a few weeks and I am ready to get started now, but I have a few questions:

Does anyone have any suggestions on marinades or ways to season chicken, lean chops, etc so they aren't just plain and dry? I need some variety because I get sick of eating the same thing over and over, even if it's delicious! I did check out the recipe thread and I will look over it again before I go shopping, but it seemed like most of the recipes weren't exactly "allowed" on Stillman's, that they were more just general low carb.

Also, why isn't lean turkey sausage like the Jimmy Dean patties allowed? Is it because they have too much fat, even though it's turkey and they are lean or is it the salt, or another reason? I know that to be in ketosis you generally need to consume <20 grams of carbs per day...but how many grams of fat does Stillman advise as a daily limit? I'm just curious because I use an online tracker to track and even if it's more or less irrelevant, I like to know these things.

I have about 30 lbs post-baby weight I'd like to lose by her first birthday...2.5 months away. I don't know if that's even doable.
saudade is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: saudade
Stats: 167/164/130 (5'6")
Start Date: May 30 2013
Oh and another question...I really like the Gordon's Grilled Fillets...are these okay even though some of them have 1-2 grams of carbs depending on the flavor/seasoning? They are so fast and easy and you don't have to worry about seasoning the fish, it comes in different seasonings like lemon pepper, cajun, etc. Sorry if these are stupid questions, I guess I should read the book.
saudade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
Start Date: Feb 2011
eating things plain teaches you to really only eat while hungry, it sucks but if you do it it works so I would suggest eating things as plain as possible if you do need flavour add some herbs and spices and try and stay away from the salt so I would suggest not buying and marinades or prepackaged flavour packs.

I lost 30 lbs in about 1.5-2 months with lots of cheats in there so I think you could do it easily!

I would love to answer your questions but I am not sure about fat as I have never counted and we don't have those brands here in Winnipeg but there are plenty of people who live in the states and a couple people from Europe and lost of veterans on the FEB Board so jump on over and as those questions there.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote