Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Stillman's Fat Blasting February to a Slimmer Spring!

Blast away that winter coat with the fastest proven weight loss method on the planet, thank you Dr. Stillman!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 05:22 AM   #2
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good February 1st morning! Ahhhh, this is my month! I hope it is everyone else's month! I'm going to be on plan for the whole month and start exercising! I'm going to lose as many pounds as I possibly can - hopefully at least 15 to get me through the 220 and the 4 I've gained! Oh my!

February has come in like a lion. I woke up to several inches of snow and back to bitterly cold. So I won't be walking to my office today. But did I mention that I am going to exercise? Yup!

Happy Friday everyone!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Happy Friday, Happy February!

Oh BRRRR. All that snow & wind up north you're talking about makes me extra glad to be in Florida today. Though we got part of the artic front, Our "cold front" dropped the overnight temp to 45 F...and our high will be in the mid 60s. (I know, don't whine about it, lol...hubby is back in Nebraska and yesterday their high temp was only 10 F, with a -20 wind chill going.) We had an extra warm January down here, so I guess starting February with a little cooler temps is OK. NO SNOW, I'm loving that part. Keep warm everyone...and I hope your roads are cleared so the driving is not too bad.

Went out to dinner last night after picking up son & DIL up at the airport...and no need to guess what happened on the scale.

How messed up is my metabolism, geez. I ate totally stillmans all day yesterday because I knew we'd be stopping at a restaurant on the way to the condo.

HOW can ONE MEAL...totally ATKINS LEGAL...put 3 lbs on overnight This is ludicrous. I did not eat any bread, pasta, sweet stuff...not even a crouton. No alcohol, no wine, not even diet soda (ice water for my beverage.) I had a salad w/Italian dressing (basically an oil & vinegar, not sweet. I didn't even eat the red cabbage or the carrots, just the lettuce!) Also had a grilled chicken breast with cheese & mushrooms (no breading or anything carby besides the mushrooms), and green beans-again, no sauce on the beans. Didn't even finish the salad or the green beans, so it was even light on carbs.

The longer I do this, the more irritating it is. I swear, next time I go out to eat, I'm just ordering ice water. Period.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Cathy- Do you know whether you're sensitive to some 'food additives'? For example, I 'react' to MSG very dramatically (sudden drop in BP, dizziness, etc.), and I've noticed that the scale will also be up a few pounds after such an episode. Because of that, I avoid salad in any restaurant that I don't eat in regularly because many of them sprinkle MSG on their salad greens to preserve freshness. Unfortunately, they also use it in other ways, so restaurant meals are often a problem for me. I also react to food coloring, but not as dramatically.

You may have reacted to something in the restaurant food (even the amount of sodium they use) with water retention--which is what such a gain has to be.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dominais
Stats: 265/200/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 1/28/13
Good morning everyone!

I answered a question about rebounding on the last thread - so you'll find some answers there, but YES it does work.

I'm down 10 lbs since the 28th and going strong.

It is -13 degrees here today - that's WITHOUT the windchill factor. I think tonight I'm gonna buy a bunch of meat, head home and stay there! I see a weekend of house cleaning and stillman's in my future - what are all you ladies upto?
dominais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #6
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Cathy - I gained when I ate low carb at Olive Garden, but when I eat at a local steakhouse I don't gain! I think there must something in the food!
Old 02-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
Hi guys!

I did slim in 6 for the first time today.... My thighs feel like jello now and I can barely move! I can't wait to do it again tomorrow!

Today its -42C with the windchill which is about -44 in Farrenheit
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #8
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Hi guys!

I did slim in 6 for the first time today.... My thighs feel like jello now and I can barely move! I can't wait to do it again tomorrow!

Today its -42C with the windchill which is about -44 in Farrenheit
Wow Mar, you are on fire - diet and exercise! And good thing you are burning it up - it will help keep you warm. It is 15F here with windchill of 2 degrees! It seems downright tropical compared to what you are experiencing!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
wow, that is cold weather. i' in nyc and it was chilly last week. this week warm again and tonight cold.

love the new name for february, CC!!

i'm maintaining still, with stillmans!! had a very big work week with long hours and a conference, but it still did good. a little swelling after 3 days of conference food, but that was more nitrates, sodium or whatever else was in the meat and food that i would not know about. mainly eggs and lowfat dairy today. just grilled some chicken breast on the foreman's grill. eating the food i cook vs restaurant food is not anywhere near the same. i do much better with my own cooked food.
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:41 AM   #10
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Saturday morning. My first day of February didn't go quite as planned - I didn't get my exercise in because I ran out of time. But I was on plan and have dropped 2 pounds. And I'm not ever going to drop these two again. I'm so finished with this yo yo! We are supposed to get 6 inches of snow by tomorrow morning - I'm glad I did my shopping yesterday morning! I bought enough meat to last me a couple of weeks. I'm going to have the grand girls from Thursday - Tuesday and today and tomorrow I'm going to cook and freeze so I have plenty of time to play with them. They love eating at Mim's! They get low carb meatloaf, and eggs, and chicken and hamburgers with pickles when they are with me! I have cupcakes leftover from the potluck last Sunday in the freezer. They won't tempt me. Anyway, it feels good to be able to stay in and putter around today.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mim, lucky you to stay in today. It was zero here at seven a.m. Shopping today will be COLD.
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

WTG on the loss!

{{{{{{{Shreem}}}}}}}
Old 02-02-2013, 08:02 AM   #12
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Mim, lucky you to stay in today. It was zero here at seven a.m. Shopping today will be COLD.
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

WTG on the loss!

{{{{{{{Shreem}}}}}}}
It does feel god to have the day to stay inside! Be careful as you go out hunting and gathering!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
I'm baaaack. . . .... Here's looking at a great February!! Fancy to see all you losers here! My boy dragged me to the gym the other night and then left me there stranded for over an hour! What else could I do but continue to exercise so Yay Me! (Long story about being stranded. . let's just say Hubby was involved and didn't hold up his end of the bargain - Men!!). . Either way.. . I have to make that part of my routine. . even if it kills me. I hinted to my kids that I want a mini tramp for by Birthday but I suppose I'll have to get my own cuz they are their father's kids. . they don't know how to take hints very well. .

Well. .here's looking at a great day. . now off to decide what to eat!! What is on your menu for Super Bowl Sunday? Wings. . Wings and more wings!
Old 02-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I'm baaaack. . . .... Here's looking at a great February!! Fancy to see all you losers here! My boy dragged me to the gym the other night and then left me there stranded for over an hour! What else could I do but continue to exercise so Yay Me! (Long story about being stranded. . let's just say Hubby was involved and didn't hold up his end of the bargain - Men!!). . !

{{{{{{{{{{IM2}}}}}}}}}}}
Old 02-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugh, Mim, the wind is still howling........what to wear besides a large down filled comforter........?
Old 02-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dominais
Stats: 265/200/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 1/28/13
It's -22 here. 40 something below with the windchill. I'm cranking up the heat and reorganizing my something. Should be a good work out in addition to my rebounder.

Do any of you eat Oopsie? I was thinking of making the fat free version. I ate them when I was low carbing before, but not on Stills.
dominais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #17
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominais View Post
It's -22 here. 40 something below with the windchill. I'm cranking up the heat and reorganizing my something. Should be a good work out in addition to my rebounder.

Do any of you eat Oopsie? I was thinking of making the fat free version. I ate them when I was low carbing before, but not on Stills.
Brrrrrrrrrr! I have made Oopsie rolls in the past and I really enjoy them. But this time I'm keeping things very simple - meat!
Old 02-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BucketGirl24
Hi everyone! I've been lurking here for about a week now. Everyone is doing so amazing! I've been on Stillman's for a week or so now and I have one question. Does the cheese make anyone else stall in the thread? I made a cheesy chicken noodle casserole for dinner and I was worried that I may have a stall because of the cheese I used. I used all fat free foods but I remember from Atkins that cheese was my enemy.
BucketGirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #19
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketGirl24 View Post
Hi everyone! I've been lurking here for about a week now. Everyone is doing so amazing! I've been on Stillman's for a week or so now and I have one question. Does the cheese make anyone else stall in the thread? I made a cheesy chicken noodle casserole for dinner and I was worried that I may have a stall because of the cheese I used. I used all fat free foods but I remember from Atkins that cheese was my enemy.
What do you use for the noodles? I can eat some cheese, but not a lot. I think it varies so you will have to just test it and see how your body reacts! Welcome! So glad you came out of lurker mode to join us! You will love it here.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #20
Junior LCF Member

I used the miracle noodles. I washed them for about 5 minutes, then sautéed them in a pan with minced garlic. I heated up some cream cheese, mixed it with sour cream and fat free mozzarella and cheddar cheese. I mixed all of the cheese with the noodles and some marinated chicken breasts and then put them in my nuwave oven. I used like 4 different cheeses though. They were all fat free and it was delicious though.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I try not to weigh myself everyday, but I guess I should start just to see how changes affect me.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

welcome Bucket!!!!!!!!! Cheese may slow you. For hardcore fast losses, just do protein and water.

Domi, I thought we were cold, but you and Mar take the cake.

Stores were packed with Super Bowl shoppers. I wore a heavy wool sweater, long sleeved tee under, skinny jeans, 2 pairs of socks and knee high riding boots. And a hat, which I hardly wear because with my hair it's a hassle so I did a low nape neck sloppy braid.

The high was 24 with 15 to 20 MPH winds.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominais View Post

My Mom is in Duluth this weekend she goes once a month for school. Thats too bad that she left the cold weather here and gets it down there too!
Old 02-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I can eat a small amount of cheese and still lose but I can`t eat a small amount haha so I usually avoid
Old 02-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

I will have to keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't affect me too much. Thanks for the replies. It was only about 3oz or so in total. It's not that cold here in Georgia. Two weeks ago or so it was 82 degrees before we got our "cold" front.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #25
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

CC - I shopped yesterday and finally realized that it was crowded because of super bowl. I don't care about the game this year so wasn't really paying attention!

Mar - I lived in North Dakota one winter and our temps would sometimes get to -25. Horrid!

BucketGirl - I'm guessing you will be fine. I have been trying out various recipes lately and just made lasagna - I used sandwich sliced chicken for the noodles. I'm not going to eat any until tomorrow - I'll let you know how it is!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 11/21/09
Ready for tomorrow!

Hi Everyone,

This is Dustin. It's been at least 4 years since I was last here in the Stillman's forum. Since then, I have allowed myself to bloat up to 286 pounds. The last time I was on Stillman's, I have lost about 40 pounds.

I have a wedding in the late summer/early fall. Still waiting to learn about the date. I will be very happy to lose at least 50 pounds. 86 pounds will be even be much better, but I'm happy with 25. The main thing is to have my back stop hurting because of this large "spare" tire I am hauling around.

I'm going to the store later tonight to get some eggs, fish and lots of water. I definately remember guzzling down on all of those water and having to make a wild dash to the bathroom!

It is still nice to see this forum still active after all of the years. I am ready for some encouragement and advice. I am ready to pass out encouragement to others.

Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #27
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Dustin - welcome back! I'll dust off the purple pom poms! How exciting! A wedding! You will do great - but you already know that! It is so good to see you again!
Old 02-03-2013, 05:53 AM   #28
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Sunday morning! It is cold and snowy. Gee, it must be winter! I'm just passing through this morning - I'll come back later. I promise!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I can eat a small amount of cheese and still lose but I can`t eat a small amount haha so I usually avoid
yep me too 'cept I can't avoid, again, the Charlie Harper/Sheen of dieters here
Quote:
I will have to keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't affect me too much. Thanks for the replies. It was only about 3oz or so in total. It's not that cold here in Georgia. Two weeks ago or so it was 82 degrees before we got our "cold" front.
BG Mum had a place in Lilburn years ago, it was gorgeous. Oh, the flowers, she is a helluva gardener. We will be moving to the Alachua FL area in a year or so. Too cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
CC - I shopped yesterday and finally realized that it was crowded because of super bowl. I don't care about the game this year so wasn't really paying attention!

Mar - I lived in North Dakota one winter and our temps would sometimes get to -25. Horrid!

BucketGirl - I'm guessing you will be fine. I have been trying out various recipes lately and just made lasagna - I used sandwich sliced chicken for the noodles. I'm not going to eat any until tomorrow - I'll let you know how it is!
OMG ND YIKES.....O Mim I have hot sausage and am thinking lasagne too OMG OMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Hi Everyone,

This is Dustin. It's been at least 4 years since I was last here in the Stillman's forum. Since then, I have allowed myself to bloat up to 286 pounds. The last time I was on Stillman's, I have lost about 40 pounds.

I have a wedding in the late summer/early fall. Still waiting to learn about the date. I will be very happy to lose at least 50 pounds. 86 pounds will be even be much better, but I'm happy with 25. The main thing is to have my back stop hurting because of this large "spare" tire I am hauling around.

I'm going to the store later tonight to get some eggs, fish and lots of water. I definately remember guzzling down on all of those water and having to make a wild dash to the bathroom!

It is still nice to see this forum still active after all of the years. I am ready for some encouragement and advice. I am ready to pass out encouragement to others.

Dustin
{{{{{{{{{{{{{DUSTIN}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} OMG one of the true veterans of this forum we miss you and love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Sunday morning! It is cold and snowy. Gee, it must be winter! I'm just passing through this morning - I'll come back later. I promise!
Mim, when you get a chance, and everyone else, please give me some IMHO/guidance on why my BFF is effing around on her DH AGAIN and insists on telling me about it

a little background here:

me=parents divorced at 6 yo, mom remarried and just before she found out he was gay was doing my godfather on the side; my Dad was the Charlie Harper of women and was a gigolo until his sixties. I have few friends and growing up was pretty much a fearful nightmare right through to graduation.

BFF= parents still married and stable, solid family with deep roots, still goes to reunions and stays in touch with school buddies.

MMS please weigh in I know that across the pond things are not so stiff necked shall we say......
Old 02-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O forgot to mention DH and I have been together thirty (egad) years even tho only got married in 2011............