Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #211
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Gotta change my avi too!!! But i can't on the iPhone!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #212
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow i just see i've been low carbing (ok with eh cheats!!) for a little over 4 years!!! And you know it really is like I've erased all memories of my 250lbs from my memory. Anyone i ever tell--which is not many---are always shocked and say no way, i can't imagine it, you'd never guess. But actually I can't imagine me that weight either!! It's strange!!! I was thinking of it last night and i was thinking i'd like a 'fat suit' just for an hour to remember what it was like! I know crazy!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 02-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Hey all!

You guys are all doing great! Even if you fall off plan you are still back here today and thats what counts!

I am alternating stills days with regular days.... Yesterday I tried to work out on a stills day and I only made it 20 mins.... Didn't I just say a week ago that I can't workout without carbs? I should listen to myself more often!

Its almost reading week and I am looking forward to just hanging out at home at being strict with my eating. I am kinda taking the week off cuz I have sooooo much to do with school before the week off and then midterms and BF's family dinners and other dinners which is why I am alternating stills days with the days I have things to do... By Monday we will see if I managed to maintain this busy week of eating *fingers crossed*
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #214
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: msviv
Stats: 193.6/193.6/159
WOE: ME
Start Date: 4/2/13
Hey everybody, been mia for the last week working a lot of overtime. I am happy to report I am down 6.8 lbs since last Monday. I was the only one of my Biggest Loser partners at work to lose over the last week. I must admit I did have a couple of slip ups over the weekend so my goal is to do better this weekend. I'll be on this weird schedule until Friday so probably won't check back in until the weekend.
Congrats to all that have had a loss this month. Keep up the good work!!!
msviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
WTG MsVIV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{MAR}}}}}}}}}}}}

OMG GT you're a testament to this WOL, can I get an amen here?????????

Mim this one is for you, I am cleaning the inbox, squirrel it away for next year..........

twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38 when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.
their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air;
they could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.

they were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say.
they remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.

"where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
"this is heaven." declared a small boy. "we're spending Christmas at God's house."

when what to their wondering eyes did appear,
but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.

He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.
then He opened His arms and He called them by name.

and in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring
those children all flew into the arms of their King;
and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.

and as if He could read all the questions she had
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."
then He looked down on earth, the world far below
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe;

then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"

"may this country be delivered from the hands of fools"

"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"

then He and the children stood up without a sound,
"come now my children, let me show you around."

excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.
all displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.

and i heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
"in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #216
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dominais
Stats: 265/200/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 1/28/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
OMG Domi, is that right 265 to 190 ???????????????

da bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy cow how liberating is that! Dang near half the woman you were ! GO YOU!

Thank you! Still a long way to go - but it does feel nice to see where I came from
dominais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #217
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dominais
Stats: 265/200/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 1/28/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by msviv View Post
Hey everybody, been mia for the last week working a lot of overtime. I am happy to report I am down 6.8 lbs since last Monday. I was the only one of my Biggest Loser partners at work to lose over the last week. I must admit I did have a couple of slip ups over the weekend so my goal is to do better this weekend. I'll be on this weird schedule until Friday so probably won't check back in until the weekend.

Nice work - keep it up!
dominais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Day two. . almost complete. . Yay me. . I even walked the mall again. . I was telling hubby . you know you are getting old when you go the mall to walk instead of buying more shoes!!! (but, alas. . I'm not that old. we did end up walking out fo there with a new pair for hubs!)

I was golden again today. let's hope scale shows tomorrow. . I never upped my weight even though I was pretty bloated and up over the weekend. . hopefully I'll be back to stats and can start hitting it strong!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:58 AM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Wow i just see i've been low carbing (ok with eh cheats!!) for a little over 4 years!!! And you know it really is like I've erased all memories of my 250lbs from my memory. Anyone i ever tell--which is not many---are always shocked and say no way, i can't imagine it, you'd never guess. But actually I can't imagine me that weight either!! It's strange!!! I was thinking of it last night and i was thinking i'd like a 'fat suit' just for an hour to remember what it was like! I know crazy!!!

Post a before and after picture! Your progress is such an inspiration
Old 02-13-2013, 03:00 AM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Msviv! That's great . You can do same this week
Old 02-13-2013, 03:04 AM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Post a before and after picture! Your progress is such an inspiration
Old 02-13-2013, 03:10 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm on my phone so excuse weird remarks and typos. I think my last post disappeared and will prolly show up later ! Either way up early Excited to hit the scales (sick I know). But down again yippee! Today will be my challenge day. I'm on day 3 and I have a board luncheon I have to make lasagna, bread sticks, cheesecake , salAd!! Ugg. But I have a plan . Late breakfast of grilled chicken and maybe a but of Parmesan (as it will remind me on the lasagna!) lunch will be something similar. Keeping tuna handy and plenty of water! I may have a diet Pepsi as my treat!! ( btw down 9 since weekend splurge! Still have a little over pound to go to be back to stats but I'm determined to get there by Friday so my weekend will be rocking). Those first few days are definitely the toughest to get through cravings and hunger overtake me but I'm feeling better today not quite so obsessed and definitely not hungry! However I've surrounded myself with meat just in case!

Last edited by IM2fat; 02-13-2013 at 03:14 AM..
Old 02-13-2013, 03:16 AM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O where o where r u Dustin! This was supposed to be our week . .
Old 02-13-2013, 04:39 AM   #224
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I took the grandgirls back yesterday 4 hours there, lunch, then 4 hours back. I got in a bit after 8 last night. I had an interesting drive back. After lunch I got the urge to eat sweets. Lots of sweets. But I resisted buying anything and got in my car and drove. I had to stop for gas pretty quickly and I was going to go in the service area and buy sweets. But instead I just keep thinking about how bad that would make me feel, so I just went to the gas island and didn't go in the plaza. After a bit the cravings subsided, but not before I narrowed down what I wanted to eat - I wanted a granola type bar. Or actually, I wanted a box! There is one I especially like - a salty/sweet mix. I was thinking about what I have at home that is kinda on plan that I could make for a treat when I got in. But by the time I got home, the craving was gone and I'm down .5 this morning! I've been losing steadily. Yesterday was my weekly weigh in and I lost 3 for the week. It is "old" weight, but another half pound and it will be "new" weight loss!

IM - well done! You are on fire!

I've got to get going - I've lots of work to catch up on and lots of house work to catch up on! Having the three little ones was great, but now back to reality.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:53 AM   #225
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reinvented
Stats: 234/187.6/165
WOE: Medi/Stillmans
Start Date: 4/17/2009 restart 1/22/13
[QUOTE=Getting there!!!;16255773]Wow i just see i've been low carbing (ok with eh cheats!!) for a little over 4 years!!! And you know it really is like I've erased all memories of my 250lbs from my memory. Anyone i ever tell--which is not many---are always shocked and say no way, i can't imagine it, you'd never guess. But actually I can't imagine me that weight either!! It's strange!!! I was thinking of it last night and i was thinking i'd like a 'fat suit' just for an hour to remember what it was like! I know crazy!!![/QUOTw

Amazing progress!!! Great Job. I have to keep going thanks for the inspiration. I am down 3.4 pounds for a total of 17.4 in 3 weeks. I've been feeling really bloated anyone else experience this?
week 3 = 3.6 216.6
week 4 = 3.2 213.4
week 5= 4.2 209.2
Week 6=1.8 207.4
Week 7= 3.2 204.2
week 8= no loss went off plan a day
week 9= 6.2 198
reinvented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:30 AM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Readytolose60
Stats: 196/181/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 1/26/2013
Stalling 3 days now frustrated

Quote:
I lost 100lbs in the first year, literally nearly to the day. After that it sloooooowed waaaay down. I think the next year I lost maybe 25? But my body changed a lot in that year and the next.
It feels so long ago now that I can barely remember!

Is mustard low fat? I have never eaten it since a kid but I am stalling..for 3 days now. I need some help! Lol. I still feel so big..I wish it was moving along a little faster. I can't believe you lost 100lbs...did you eat ketchup? What exactly did you do? I am not working out..I walk some tho with baby...but strict stillmans. I was hoping to be losing quicker
Readytolose60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

I guess almost 15lbs since January 26th isn't bad..I actually didn't start still-man's until two weeks ago..but started low carb the 26th. I just am stalling and I hate that! I wanna look in the mirror and see a difference.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Is stalling for long term common on stillmans? I was reading about how some people stall for months...yuck. I wanna keep losing. So how long have your plateaus/stalls been?
Old 02-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 11/21/09
Hi Everyone,

I got sick over the weekend. My sinuses became painful that I couldn't get good sleep. I'm starting to feel better. When I am sick or not feeling very well, all of those meats are not very appealing.

I'm ready to start tomorrow! I will report in tomorrow.

Thanks!
Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #230
Big Yapper!!!!

Ready to lose---mustard has very few calories and no fat. I hadn't eaten it since I was a child either---and believe me it was an acquired taste!! I wouldn't say I'm really a fan but you gotta do what you gotta do!!

Yes unfortunately you will stall while losing weight regardless what diet you're on. There are lots of theories about why, I think the best is that as you lose fat your fat cells fill up with water so you'll neither lose weight nor inches for a few days. Then all of a sudden there's a 'whoosh' and it looks as though you lost a few pounds overnight. The truth is though you were losing fat all the time.

As long as you're 100% on plan you will be losing fat! In just my opinion the people who say they have stalled for months are either people who have no fat left to lose!! Or probably more likely their diets have become too 'tweaked', the calories have gone up or there has been carb creep. You also find that people who have been on Atkins for a long time do stall. They then have to lower calories or fat ( but by lowering fat you're automatically lowering calories, as fat is more calorie dense than protein or carbs) to continue losing. A 'real' stall is when you lose no inches either. I know from my experience that between me weighing about 135ish and 128 my body completely changed shape, I became much much leaner, yet there isn't a huge difference between those weights. Even now I still look a lot less. So it all boils down to body composition and Stills, more than any other diet, will give you that.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #231
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BucketGirl24
I'm sorry you weren't feeling well Dustin! Weight loss is hard when you're feeling 100% it's dang near impossible when you're sick, at least for me that is.

IM and MIM- good job on the weight loss and fighting the cravings. Carbfest 2013 definitely wasn't worth it. I've satisfied myself though and I'm ready to go at it with new vigor. I can't wait til I'm done losing "old" weight and start losing some new weight again.

Getting there- Your weight loss is AMAZING. I lost about 100lbs my first year of trying to lose weight then I gained 20 and haven't lost again until now. I have the opposite problem, I still think I'm 280lbs. I see narrow spaces and I'm like well looks like I won't be fitting through that and I can do it piece of cake. I'm hoping to lose another 40 and finally be at a healthy weight for my frame and height. Great job on your weight loss!
BucketGirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #232
Big Yapper!!!!

No I never ate ketchup, love the stuff though! I did exercise from day one. All I could do at the beginning was Mari Winsor's Circle DVD! As time went by I really upped the exercise. Callanetics, Bar Method etc give me the best body shape and Insanity keeps me sane! It also means because it's so intense on carb burning I can get away with a few extra carbs here and there without putting on weight.
I basically did Stills with a bowl of salad for most of the weight loss with periods of eating pure protein.
I'm a total believer in exercise. I really believe I wouldn't have lost the weight without it and if I did I wouldn't look as 'good' as I do now (you'd have to look closely to know I used to weigh what I did). For weight loss if you don't have as much to lose then it probably doesn't matter as much, there are loads of people who lose all their weight without it. The reason I put on weight in the last few months is because basically I did none!!! My cals are always quite low but I need to exercise to keep the weight off! Maybe not as much as I used to do though! ( I used to work out 2.5-3hrs a day, doung HIIT everyday!)
Old 02-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #233
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Hi Everyone,

I got sick over the weekend. My sinuses became painful that I couldn't get good sleep. I'm starting to feel better. When I am sick or not feeling very well, all of those meats are not very appealing.

I'm ready to start tomorrow! I will report in tomorrow.

Thanks!
Dustin
Hey Dustin! Sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you feel better tomoro!!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #234
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msviv View Post
6.8lbs---way to go you!!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #235
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! I took the grandgirls back yesterday 4 hours there, lunch, then 4 hours back. I got in a bit after 8 last night. I had an interesting drive back. After lunch I got the urge to eat sweets. Lots of sweets. But I resisted buying anything and got in my car and drove. I had to stop for gas pretty quickly and I was going to go in the service area and buy sweets. But instead I just keep thinking about how bad that would make me feel, so I just went to the gas island and didn't go in the plaza. After a bit the cravings subsided, but not before I narrowed down what I wanted to eat - I wanted a granola type bar. Or actually, I wanted a box! There is one I especially like - a salty/sweet mix. I was thinking about what I have at home that is kinda on plan that I could make for a treat when I got in. But by the time I got home, the craving was gone and I'm down .5 this morning! I've been losing steadily. Yesterday was my weekly weigh in and I lost 3 for the week. It is "old" weight, but another half pound and it will be "new" weight loss!

I've got to get going - I've lots of work to catch up on and lots of house work to catch up on! Having the three little ones was great, but now back to reality.
Yay Mim!!! Your willpower is inspiring!!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #236
Big Yapper!!!!

[quote=reinvented;16256532]
Quote:
Wow i just see i've been low carbing (ok with eh cheats!!) for a little over 4 years!!! And you know it really is like I've erased all memories of my 250lbs from my memory. Anyone i ever tell--which is not many---are always shocked and say no way, i can't imagine it, you'd never guess. But actually I can't imagine me that weight either!! It's strange!!! I was thinking of it last night and i was thinking i'd like a 'fat suit' just for an hour to remember what it was like! I know crazy!!![/QUOTw

Amazing progress!!! Great Job. I have to keep going thanks for the inspiration. I am down 3.4 pounds for a total of 17.4 in 3 weeks. I've been feeling really bloated anyone else experience this?
17lbs in 3 weeks!! Yaay!!!...........ok I'm getting jealous now peeps!!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #237
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketGirl24 View Post
I'm sorry you weren't feeling well Dustin! Weight loss is hard when you're feeling 100% it's dang near impossible when you're sick, at least for me that is.

IM and MIM- good job on the weight loss and fighting the cravings. Carbfest 2013 definitely wasn't worth it. I've satisfied myself though and I'm ready to go at it with new vigor. I can't wait til I'm done losing "old" weight and start losing some new weight again.

Getting there- Your weight loss is AMAZING. I lost about 100lbs my first year of trying to lose weight then I gained 20 and haven't lost again until now. I have the opposite problem, I still think I'm 280lbs. I see narrow spaces and I'm like well looks like I won't be fitting through that and I can do it piece of cake. I'm hoping to lose another 40 and finally be at a healthy weight for my frame and height. Great job on your weight loss!
Great job you too!!!!
I do have that problem a bit too though--ok not really with spaces, but I do look at my clothes and think my God I fit in there!!! Or the best-if I put a measuring tape around my waist or hips and then hold it together on the measurement I think there's no way I'm that small. I usually guess about 10inches more. I think once you've been seriously overweight you'll always see yourself as much bigger than you are now. I don't think that feeling ever goes away unfortunately. I definitely feel bigger and stockier than I probably am. My doctor told me I was 'very slender' and i nearly fainted. I always think I'm the exact opposite of that!!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #238
Big Yapper!!!!

God I'm one day back and hogging the thread!!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post

Great job on the loss, MIm. . especially with a housefull. . I read somewhere (Reader's Digest, maybe). . that if you get a craving for sweets, to eat a dill pickle.. and lo and behold. . it works! Try it the next time cravings over take you. . I seriously doubted it but it worked!! Drink lots of water and give time for the salt to flow through and you should be good.. So much safer than the sweet stuff!!! Keep it up, My shrinking friend!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readytolose60 View Post
I guess almost 15lbs since January 26th isn't bad..I actually didn't start still-man's until two weeks ago..but started low carb the 26th. I just am stalling and I hate that! I wanna look in the mirror and see a difference.
15 pounds is awesome. . thats over 2 pounds a week average. . your body is probably just being stubbon right now and fighting back so you eat terrible things. DO NOT DO IT! think of how far you've come and how great it will feel to see the scale move down. .

Mustard is a wonderful condiment as is Vinegar (I love it on everything!).. Hot Sauce. . . .soy (although salty). . experiment with different spices: I use lemon/pepper, salt free seasoning, celery seasoning. . Cumin . . you'd be amazed what a few spice will do to your palate!!!