Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
stalking boots on piperlime..........eleven pairs is not enough
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Readytolose60
Stats: 196/181/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 1/26/2013

What I mean by easy is, I feel better doing this then the way I felt about myself...it's worse feeling ugly and fat then eating a lot less. I just wanna be happy again in my body. I am in my early twenties and I am married and I cannot wait to be to a point where I can flaunt more of my body around my husband without trying to cover up. Ya know? I am 182 and my goal is 130. I've lost weight but I don't know if I've lost any fat.
Readytolose60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

I live in Europe and I'm surrounded by cheese, chocolate and wine, so it's not easy lol but I'm worth it. Looking good, feeling confident is much more important then eating chocolate and bread even tho I would love too. I need to get me back again, and loving myself. I can't wait to look in the mirror and say damn...it's been a while! Plus I don't like working out a whole lot, so if you can actually lose fat...and drop the weight, this is it! What I've been looking for.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:55 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

I wonder how long I have to be on this until I'm 130
Old 02-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
CC! I shall have to check out Piperline. . I only have 10 pair!!
IM2fat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

and we all know sexy shoes make you look and feel skinny!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Ccgirl I see you've lost a lot of weight. Has that been on straight stillmans? And if so, are you feeling really good an like the way your looking?
Old 02-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readytolose60 View Post
What I mean by easy is, I feel better doing this then the way I felt about myself...it's worse feeling ugly and fat then eating a lot less. I just wanna be happy again in my body. I am in my early twenties and I am married and I cannot wait to be to a point where I can flaunt more of my body around my husband without trying to cover up. Ya know? I am 182 and my goal is 130. I've lost weight but I don't know if I've lost any fat.
that's all you lose this way is fat.

Quote:
I live in Europe and I'm surrounded by cheese, chocolate and wine, so it's not easy lol but I'm worth it. Looking good, feeling confident is much more important then eating chocolate and bread even tho I would love too. I need to get me back again, and loving myself. I can't wait to look in the mirror and say damn...it's been a while! Plus I don't like working out a whole lot, so if you can actually lose fat...and drop the weight, this is it! What I've been looking for.
I doubt if location is key, we're all surrounded by bad choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
CC! I shall have to check out Piperline. . I only have 10 pair!!
LMAO great sales and free shipping both ways.......

Quote:
Ccgirl I see you've lost a lot of weight. Has that been on straight stillmans? And if so, are you feeling really good an like the way your looking?
yep, I went from a 12 to a 6 in a little over a year. I am so loving it. I was a stunner heavy, now I'm loving being hot. Guys half my age turn when I go by. And NO I am not a conceited person. I always thought I was beautiful from the neck up. Now I can appreciate belts. I am in love with belts.

I study my favorite clothing line (Ralph Lauren) and dress like the models. I am a clothes horse. I put my Mom on this WOL and she's a six now, too, from a ten. We love dressing now. I've sold almost all of my fat clothes and then had to sell my skinnier clothes from when I was a ten and medium, now all my tops are small or XS.

The key here is to really get on board with the paleo lifestyle. THis is not a diet. This is forever. I see people come here, lose, then a year later they are back wondering WTH happened.

For months I stalked a tight group on this site that had stuck together for over three years. They were all skinnies and loving it. They stayed LC. Sometimes one would get too slim and have to strap on the feed bag to gain.
That's when the light went on in my head.

Last edited by CCGirl; 02-10-2013 at 10:40 AM..
Old 02-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Hey Guys!

I am still plugging away here. I do my weekly weigh in tomorrow but I am sure I am still at 145 and I am perfectly happy with that!

My goal is to lose 10 more lbs my this summer so I thinks thats very doable because aside from December I have lost about 5 lbs a month on average. That is not doing strict stills that has been doing the atkins/ stills mix and then pretty much dukan.

Now I am eating just regular low carb. I need the carbs to exercise I always get in great shape in the summer this year I am starting early, so far I am loving the rebounder with a mix of slim and six in there (at this rate its probably slim in 12 or 18 haha)

I still come here because even if you aren't doing stills the support here is the best! I could just be counting cals and I would still come here!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mar we love you don't ever leave us..........and the rest of you cheap dates that woo us and go, consider hanging around.

GT (Getting There) went from 252 to a size 2 and she kept on the boards for years, never failing to appreciate her humble roots......

Old 02-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

CCgirl I totally hear you! Me too, I am beautiful chest up...but I wanna be sexy again so bad!after having too kids...I am finally so sick of being this way! And I'm following the diet completely. I wish I could stick close with you and others, as I am looking forward to heads turning again myself! Your such an inspiration! So proud of all your hard work and I'm so committed to getting to my goal! No more 12 here eitheir! I know how that feels...
Old 02-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

CCgirl so do you have some tips for energy, and also what is your daily eating pattern like? Can I be eating too many eggs(cholesterol wise)? I like them a lot. I like to have them with ketchup funny...and chicken too! I make this incredible soup, with buililion I add chicken, white fish, eggs and then I eat ketchup on it lol. And it actually is growing on me! I never thought I'd like it..but it's not bad! I am starting to realize how badly I as treating my body...and my mind! Being overweight is like self abuse...I wish I would have known about this years ago anyway...tips would be great! Like your typical daily diet and ideas..possibly! Thanks a ton!! Cheers.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A multi vitamin is recommended by the good doc. I take lutein because my vision sucks, a probiotic, vitamin D3, glucosamine and a baby aspirin daily if I remember.

Again, check out Barry Groves site, cholesterol is a needed feature of our bodies and to lower it artificially can kill you. Another modern medical myth.

OMG I waited half a lifetime to get here, just be happy to have found the secret.

Most have energy to the point they don't need as much sleep. The one drawback can be feeling cold. Or lightheadness........when that happens, eat!

I have three cups of coffee in the morning with half and half and Splenda.

Around ten I get hungry so I make two egg white with one whole egg with something thrown in, this week we have a giant ham to pick away at.

If I'm not feeling eggy then I will shovel down a half cup of cottage cheese or greek yogurt.

Lunch is the big meal of the day at about noon.

I have given up beef because of some articles my Mom sent me about how they 'treat' it with needle tenderizing, colors, etc.
After being a vegan/vegetarian for three years-which RUINED my health- I haven't been feeling the fish lately.

So I will have a big chicken breast or turley burger which I am forced to share about half with my cats. If I am still not full I will have more.

I don't do dinner but around six I will nosh on lunch leftovers if I am hungry.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Thanks! Wow a vegan and veg ruined your health? I'm curious to know more...as I went vegan once for four months...and have thought of it again recently...I've noticed as the days to...it's getting easier and easier. Today is my day 10...here we go! Have a fabulous day everyone!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:36 AM   #165
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Candy1974
Stats: 98/94.2/68 (kg)
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 28 Oct 2013
Hey guys, starting over again today.... Have got terminal cancer in the family and I quit smoking 11 days ago. So I did Atkins only.

Read a very good article on salt and how eating salt keeps us from losing weight and can make you add a few pounds overnight. The woman that wrote the article lost 5 stone in a year just by cutting out salt. She was not dieting. She does not believe in dieting either.

So as from today i will have no salt anymore. Salt is not good for us.
Candy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:38 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome, Candy! Please post a link to the salt story.

WTG on quitting, how did you do it?

Sorrow fills me when I hear or see the big C. You are in my prayers.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:41 AM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

RTL, years ago my BFF gave me a copy of Skinny B*tch, and I swallowed it hook line and sinker. My hair and nails got grayer and thinner, my teeth went to hell, after having no cavities all my life I had five over the course of three years veg. And I got fatter and fatter. It sent me into premenopause. All were reversed when I turned back to paleo.

Last edited by CCGirl; 02-11-2013 at 05:32 AM..
Old 02-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know we've done this several times before. . but I'm thinking if we could post any interesting new ways to cook and what you eat. . that might help. I'm struggling coming up with stuff to eat and tend to gravitate toward ground beef because its easy and handy. . but not good due to high fat content. I did cook up a quick chicken breast this morning and had that for breakfast .but I panic if I don't have eggs and tuna in the house. . I'm lost!!! I need to lose so bad. . I want my Florida Vacation to be a happy memory not a sad one . . I want to be able to ride, swim and enjoy my family. . My weight always make me feel terrible.. I overeat and feel worse. . such a yo yo effect.

sorry for the babble. .I'm at work. in a hurry but need helpl!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I know we've done this several times before. . but I'm thinking if we could post any interesting new ways to cook and what you eat. . that might help. I'm struggling coming up with stuff to eat and tend to gravitate toward ground beef because its easy and handy. . but not good due to high fat content. I did cook up a quick chicken breast this morning and had that for breakfast .but I panic if I don't have eggs and tuna in the house. . I'm lost!!! I need to lose so bad. . I want my Florida Vacation to be a happy memory not a sad one . . I want to be able to ride, swim and enjoy my family. . My weight always make me feel terrible.. I overeat and feel worse. . such a yo yo effect.

sorry for the babble. .I'm at work. in a hurry but need helpl!!!
Why not make egg muffins I make them once a week and keep them in the fridge to eat all week (With teenage boys they may only last you a few days). You just make an omelet but instead of cooking them on the stove top you do it in the oven in muffin tins. So almost like a crustless quiche or frittata.

I just go eggs and cheese normally but sometimes I add some ground turkey or chicken to them as well
Old 02-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

I don't know why I always try and eat salad as a healthy side... My body just does not like it. Every time I eat salad I get bloated and weigh 1.5 to 2 lbs more the next day! The weight gain doesn't bother me as much as the bloat.. I know the gain is water but the bloating makes me feel gross

All the lettuce does is hold water in my system Grrr

So I will weigh tomorrow but I am still thinking I will be the same as I was last week but I took measurements and I am down 1.5 inches in the hips and 1 in the waist since Feb 1st even though my weight is only down 2 lbs. I am thinking its the exercise and I am only doing it about 3-4 times a week....Take that guy who said I wouldn't see change from only doing it 3 days a week!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #171
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Candy1974
Stats: 98/94.2/68 (kg)
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 28 Oct 2013
Thanks CC. I quit on Champix/Chantix.

Hey, here is the link to Obesity and the salt connection for those who are interested. It seems that those of us on HRT and BC pills are more salt sensitive. High salt intake has also been linked to other kinds of illnesses, type 2 diabetes and certain cancers.

Lose Weight - Eat less Salt

Last edited by Candy1974; 02-11-2013 at 10:25 AM..
Candy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marr: my hubby has the same problem and found out that if we buy fresh head lettuce, it doesn't effect him quite so bad. . we were buying the stuff all cut up in the bag. . Is this what you are eating. . He has the same issues if he eats a salad in a resturant. On that same note, you are exactly correct, salad does "fill me up" if I eat it with something. I can put anything on a salad and I take the "fill" in stride. . it always comes off quickly. . plus I think you get a little bloated because there are no carbs in your system to absorb ? IDK. . just guessing but I know exactly what you mean. . However, I love veggies. .you could always pop a pepcid of something. .

On that note, I re-read the induction period of Atkins and have decided that I shall do the healthy version . . more Stills than Atkins with a little cheese and veggies mixed in. .I made an omlet tonight with turkey sausage (what is your take on that? I wonder. if that or the turkey bacon are voodoo. .I'm gonna google it later to find out because it is awesome in eggs!!). a little cheddar cheese 1 oz and 1 oz of fresh parmesean with 5 cherry tomatoes and hot sauce. . MMmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm loving it!!!

Gonna walk the mall with hubby tonight. . I can't get him to go to the gym with me and he won't walk if I don't go with him. . so I guess I'll do the mall thing. . Our mall has more walkers than shoppers lately. . I'm thinking we will be on the closing list :-( will make me sad because it took forever for our town to get one. . and now we can't support it. I think more people head to Walmart and Meijer. Too many overpriced teenaged clothes!! but Waahhhh. .I wanna fit into those teenage clothes!!!! even if I'm too old to wear them. I'd like to know I can fit into them!! Or even buy something from Victoria Secrets without knowing that it'll sit in the drawer until I decide to donate it to the Good Will!!!

Sorry. . I got carried away and off track. . I just wanted to report I had a good day (so far) and if I leave the spirits alone tonight. . I will call it a success!!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 02-11-2013 at 03:11 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks for the muffin tip. . I shall try that!!! but . . they will never last overnight.. my boys will have them gone in a heart beat. .
Old 02-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #174
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Ok guys---it's been a loooooong time---sorry!!!!---but I'm back!!! Or at least I will be tomorrow!!! I've just read through January and February's threads--and noooo I wasn't posting on other threads!!!!! I wouldn't do that to you guys--this will always be my first love in threads!! Ha!!!
I'm in bed, on my phone so I will talk to ye tomoro!!!
Cc--telepathy!! Can't believe you mentioned me today!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Ok guys---it's been a loooooong time---sorry!!!!---but I'm back!!! Or at least I will be tomorrow!!! I've just read through January and February's threads--and noooo I wasn't posting on other threads!!!!! I wouldn't do that to you guys--this will always be my first love in threads!! Ha!!!
GT I actually went on your profile today to send you a private message but I got sidetracked and forgot! Happy to see you back!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

IM I had rommaine lettuce from a head of lettuce ... It had some white stuff pon it when I bought it, a preservative I am guessing maybe thats what caused the bloatyness.

Oh well I had a stills day today and I am already feeling better so we will see where I am at tomorrow.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I don't know why I always try and eat salad as a healthy side... My body just does not like it. Every time I eat salad I get bloated and weigh 1.5 to 2 lbs more the next day! The weight gain doesn't bother me as much as the bloat.. I know the gain is water but the bloating makes me feel gross

All the lettuce does is hold water in my system Grrr

So I will weigh tomorrow but I am still thinking I will be the same as I was last week but I took measurements and I am down 1.5 inches in the hips and 1 in the waist since Feb 1st even though my weight is only down 2 lbs. I am thinking its the exercise and I am only doing it about 3-4 times a week....Take that guy who said I wouldn't see change from only doing it 3 days a week!
OMG evil lettuce.............it's in the fridge calling me LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy1974 View Post
Thanks CC. I quit on Champix/Chantix.

Hey, here is the link to Obesity and the salt connection for those who are interested. It seems that those of us on HRT and BC pills are more salt sensitive. High salt intake has also been linked to other kinds of illnesses, type 2 diabetes and certain cancers.

Lose Weight - Eat less Salt
OMG my doc wrote me a script but the side efects are scary.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
OMG OMG can I soooo cry now..........GT you have no idea how you have been in my thoughts and I so did think the worst that holy cow you were dead or something............kill me now
Old 02-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sign off... GT is alive........I love you, girl.........you guys have NO idea the road she traveled, a truly inspirational climb the highest mountain.........the proof that it CAN be done............I have no words

except you are an angel and I love you..............................OMG my Dad passed and we will be going to High Springs FL USA...........the guest room awaits..........Disney is an hour away
Old 02-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh and did I mention that my cat went blind and can see now (strokelet); there is a Godd(ess) holy crap
Old 02-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cupcake. . O. .how I've missed thee. . . !!! You and all your pink cuteness!!! With you on board. . I have this!! I am going to be rocking my Hello Kitty coverup at Disney!!

Woo. .Woo.. I was thinking of you guys a lot over the weekend and decided that giving up is not an option. . I've had a great day so I must go to bed before I ruin it!!!