Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Mar: Great job. . I just picked at some cheesecake (from yesterday) and discovered it was mysteriously missing!!! . . but. brush myself off. . start again. . at least it lasted 2 days!!!!!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Storm coming tonight. kids will be home all day tomorrow and my nice boss said. why dont' you stay home too. . I said. . Are you nuts. . all 4 of my boys will be home. . I'm coming to work. . LOL
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketGirl24 View Post
Wow Mar, that's some control you have. If I cheat it's either all or nothing. I figure I've already messed up might as well throw it all away. That's how I've been in the past anyways. That's some discipline you have there.
I'm only disciplined sometimes yesterday just happened to be a good day! Haha
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Things are going well!

I am down to 145 and I actually did the second slim in 6 work out today and man was it hard! but good.... I only ate a small breakfast and lunch today and I have my dinner ready to go and I am not hungry.

I don't like to eat late so I am hoping I get hungry soon otherwise I am not eating dinner tonight which isn't that good but if I have learned anything dieting and falling off the wagon and getting back on again (and off and on and off and on haha) its never force myself to eat thats when I get back into the mentality of eating at specific times instead of when I am hungry and then I am over eating and then making bad choices... Its a slippery slope I tell ya!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:23 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 11/21/09
Good morning Everyone,

Today is my official Day #1. I'm now on the Stillman Wagon. After 2 days of thinking, I decided that I like Whoosh Fairy.

I am at work and I just finished eating this hickory flavored tuna. It is pretty nice not to have all of that tuna smell and dealing with the cans and water.

I bought a one gallon container of water to work. I just drank about 2 8 oz glasses of water. I'm going to try to drink water slowly throughout the day and see if I can avoid having to make dashes to the bathroom.

I am wishing everyone a great Friday!

Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:56 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Readytolose60
Stats: 196/181/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 1/26/2013
Okay so how important is working out on this stillman diet? I was walking every day one hour but is it necessary? Thanks and also I like the woosh fairy. What I don't get tho is how in one hour after breakfast you can weight 2 pounds more then when you wake up...so it's not real weight then?
Readytolose60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:05 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

I get so mad that I ever allowed myself to become so over weight. I like how every day my appetite is getting less. Wow! I hope after I lose this weight, I look good..
Old 02-08-2013, 06:06 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Great job everyone!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #129
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Friday morning! I have 3 grand girls with me! They are excited to be here and I'm excited to have them! Although I'm not as prepared as I had wanted to be, we are getting it together.

Yesterday I had poached eggs and bacon and sausage at Cracker Barrel. That was basically my only meal for the day. I had a bit of cheese for breakfast. I stepped on the scale this morning to be greeted with a big surprise! The batteries are dead! So I'm quite sure that I lost 25 pounds last night! We are heading to the store and I'll buy batteries so I can weigh in the morning. Maybe by tomorrow I'll lose 95 pounds! And the first person who tries to bring me back to reality will feel my wrath!

Congratulations Dusty on beginning the journey. You will do great!

Readytolose, I know what you mean about feeling bad about getting to such a weight. But it is what it is. and you are not doing something about it!

I'm off to play prinesses!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:15 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Mim..yeah it's insane...but your right were all here to do something to change our the way we feel about ourselves. Today is my day 7. I never imagines in the first few days I would be able to continue...how important is it to continue my one hour walk daily? I've taken three days off now. Just feeling tired...lack of fat and calories? I don't know. I feel a change in my chest I wake up feeling like I can't stick out my belly...can't explain it. Like my body is sucking in from being empty. I don't like how breakfast can bring me up 3lbs. Yuck. Anyway first thing in the am is best. I want a scale like yours lol! Anyway I am excited to get thin! Thanks for all the support people! I need it! Cheers
Old 02-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Does your belly get leaner and look better even if you've had to kids? Is it possible to ever look good in the belly area again?
Old 02-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 11/21/09
Dammit, I have this STRONG craving to eat something terrible! I just finished eating several hard boiled eggs. AAAAGGGGHHHHH!! Trying to stay strong and stay out of the cafeteria because all of the vending machines!

Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #133
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reinvented
Stats: 234/187.6/165
WOE: Medi/Stillmans
Start Date: 4/17/2009 restart 1/22/13
Dlyons think about how great you'll look when you reach your goal. Mental pep talks do help.

Readytolose60 I know your pain one day I'm revved up the next Im frustrated at myself for allowing my weight to get this bad. Your on your way to a better slimmer you thats what I keep telling myself. Dont worry too much about excercise the 1st week let your body adapt to the new diet.
reinvented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readytolose60 View Post
Okay so how important is working out on this stillman diet? I was walking every day one hour but is it necessary? Thanks and also I like the woosh fairy. What I don't get tho is how in one hour after breakfast you can weight 2 pounds more then when you wake up...so it's not real weight then?
Its not real weight gain its the food and water in your system.... When I am not trying to lose weight I am usually 2 lbs heavier at night than in the morning.

I once weight my 1 litre bottle of water and Its about 2 lbs so if you drink that in the am thats where the weight is coming from!

I never worked out my first time around and I lost about 30lbs in 2ish months I would walk my dogs but half the time It was freezing out so I just stood with all the other cold dog owners in a circle while the dogs ran circles around us haha... So don't worry about working out so much right now as staying on track.

Personally I need carbs to work out otherwise I have no energy for it so I can't workout while doing strict stills

Last edited by Mar922; 02-08-2013 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: forgot something
Old 02-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Dammit, I have this STRONG craving to eat something terrible! I just finished eating several hard boiled eggs. AAAAGGGGHHHHH!! Trying to stay strong and stay out of the cafeteria because all of the vending machines!

Dustin
Do you drink coffee? Caffeine is an appetite suppressant.

Also I found sometimes the coffee would upset my tummy a little so then I wasn't hungry... I know that's not healthy but at the time I would rather be thinner than make all the right choices because I figured being overweight was worse for my health than using coffee to stop myself from eating crap
Old 02-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #136
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BucketGirl24
Good luck Dustin. The first days were easy for me. I think that's cause I was so motivated. But then I started thinking about Pizza hut and bread and cheese and ice cream. Oh gosh I almost lost it again. But nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels so I just have to keep that in mind.

I hope you have fun with the girls Mim. Kids can definitely keep you busy.

I gained 6 lbs from the morning to night and I only ate a piece of chicken but I drank almost a gallon of water. Water and food weighs a lot in your stomach.
BucketGirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

I began a diet, but not stillmans right away on the 26th of January. The first week or so, it was just eating much less, then I began Stillmans...thankful I found this diet because I am not a very patient person lol and today is day 8 on Stillmans.
January 26th 196
February 9th 183(first thing in the morning!)
Finally the whoosh fairy came, and I hope she keeps on coming!
Good luck to all, you are great friends of encouragement which is what I need to help me stay focused! You rock, and I'm glad to be here!
Old 02-10-2013, 02:10 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Is most of weight loss on stillmans water weight? Cause it doesn't seem humanly possible to be losing this much weight. I'm 182 today. The lowest weight I've been in almost 2 years...what's going on!? Is it actual weight or water loss?
Old 02-10-2013, 02:36 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Site says stillmans isn't good? I love it!

This doesn't encourage me. Dangers on stillmans...and whatever..l
http://vitaflexlifestyle.com/2012/04...w-study-warns/
Old 02-10-2013, 04:56 AM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Friday morning! I have 3 grand girls with me! They are excited to be here and I'm excited to have them! Although I'm not as prepared as I had wanted to be, we are getting it together.

Yesterday I had poached eggs and bacon and sausage at Cracker Barrel. That was basically my only meal for the day. I had a bit of cheese for breakfast. I stepped on the scale this morning to be greeted with a big surprise! The batteries are dead! So I'm quite sure that I lost 25 pounds last night! We are heading to the store and I'll buy batteries so I can weigh in the morning. Maybe by tomorrow I'll lose 95 pounds! And the first person who tries to bring me back to reality will feel my wrath!

I'm off to play princesses!
go Mim, a 25 pound whoosh!!!!!!!!!!
Die, evil scale, DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Is most of weight loss on stillmans water weight? Cause it doesn't seem humanly possible to be losing this much weight. I'm 182 today. The lowest weight I've been in almost 2 years...what's going on!? Is it actual weight or water loss?
you had the water whoosh so yep, it's real !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:01 AM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
This doesn't encourage me. Dangers on stillmans...and whatever..l
http://vitaflexlifestyle.com/2012/04...w-study-warns/
'Atkins and Stillman diets mostly caused water and lean muscle weight loss. '

Rubbish. Been here two years and nobody ever lost muscle. Impossible on hi protein, the diet preserves muscle mass.

OMG I could go on and on..........again we have the mainstream nutritionists who are totally clueless......

read, AGAIN, I plead with you newbies, the Naive Vegetarian by Barry Groves, along with his article on why Five a Day is total BS, why most nutritionist are idiots, and why our diets when we get to maintenance should be around seventy percent fat.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:04 AM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

'Homo carnivorus'
There is no doubt whatsoever that we cannot be a vegetarian species. From at least the time that Homo erectus appeared in the cold Eurasian continent some 500,000 years ago, we must have lived on and adapted to a diet almost exclusively of meat.

All this evidence points to our being pure carnivores, as are the big cats. However, we are a remarkably successful species. It is unlikely that we would have been quite so successful if we had been forced to rely on only one source of food. It is obvious from archaeological remains that we tended to be more opportunist eaters. We hunted and ate meat primarily but, if meat was in short supply, we would eat almost anything — so long as it did not require cooking. This still precluded some of the roots and most of the legumes and cereals that we eat today. When meat was in short supply, we got our protein from nuts and ate fruits and berries. During our evolution, therefore, when we lived well, our diet was high in protein and fat: during lean times it was richer in carbohydrates.

So, our ideal diet, the one we evolved and adapted to, must also be one which is high in proteins and fats, and low in carbohydrates.

There is one further piece of evidence that really confirms this. That is the design of our digestive organs and digestive enzymes, which are exactly like those of the great carnivores — and nothing at all like those of a herbivore.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:05 AM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

About 9,000 years ago our ancestors started to domesticate wild grasses. From these we get the cereals we know today: wheat, barley, maize, rice. We could not eat them directly as the starch molecule is too large for our digestive process to cope with. It had to be broken down first by cooking. This development began a dramatic change in Man's lifestyle. Once our ancestors produced controlled quantities of higher-energy starches which could be stored, their numbers could grow. And as numbers grew, it became more difficult to maintain their supplies through hunting. Thus their basic diet changed from a high protein/fat diet to one largely of carbohydrate.

This radical change of diet brought with it radical changes to our ancestors, both in physique and in health.

As vegetable foods made up an increasing proportion of our diet and intakes of meat declined, so our height also declined. European, meat-eating Homo erectus erectus of 30,000 years ago was some 150 mm (6 inches) taller than his agricultural descendants. Indeed, even today we are still shorter than they were. We see the same pattern in North America. The Paleoindian hunters of 10,000 years ago were much taller than their farming descendants at the time of European conquests of the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries AD.
There is no evidence of nutritional diseases before the advent of agriculture. After it, there is. The cereal crops that became the modern staples, together with root crops which began to be cultivated, are all relatively deficient in protein and the B vitamins. Additionally, all the cereals contain a substance called phytic acid which binds with a number of minerals and other nutrients and reduces their availability to the digestion. As a consequence, with the coming of agriculture we see the appearance of a number of nutritional diseases such as rickets, pellagra, dental caries, beriberi, obesity, allergies and cancers. We see the emergence of the 'diseases of civilisation'.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:07 AM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The Benefits of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet: Index
Old 02-10-2013, 05:07 AM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Healthy Eating Index
Old 02-10-2013, 05:39 AM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dietary Fibre and Deficiency Diseases. Part 1: Introduction
Old 02-10-2013, 05:49 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

CCgirl thanks. So it's not that people are shrinking from size 14 to 10 because of the water loss, I mean I want to actually get rid of my fat...I am losing rapidly and am excited but all these dumb articles are like it's just initial water weight etc..I want to be thin and look good and it kinda pissed me off! I need to shed on my upper thighs and ass....I started exactly two weeks ago and I'm down 14lbs and it seems too too to be true! I mean with this really just continue and will my body actually look lean? I have been fat for so long, and I can't imagine it is actually this easy?
Old 02-10-2013, 05:50 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

I was 196 and am now 182 in two weeks. My goal is 130 by June. Thinks this Is possible? Do you ever feel a little tight in your chest from this diet? That's 1lb per day-how is that possible?

Last edited by Readytolose60; 02-10-2013 at 05:51 AM..
Old 02-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Everyone! Need your strength to stay strong today. It's so difficult when one strays. I was rolling along and letting the little things get to me and then I discovered Cocktails!!! Totally derailed me. I'm ashamed to admit . That I reached for the carbs which only made me feel worse. . Not gonna weigh but really need to concentrate today. . It is soo tough!

Ready: I can so totally relate! I really hate myself for ever letting myself get this out of control. I have belly fat like I never had before . .my arms are wiggly. .my face is huge and I have leg wobble. . I have to do sometjing and NOW . . something needs to wake this girl up!!! do it now. .
Old 02-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
CCgirl thanks. So it's not that people are shrinking from size 14 to 10 because of the water loss, I mean I want to actually get rid of my fat...I am losing rapidly and am excited but all these dumb articles are like it's just initial water weight etc..I want to be thin and look good and it kinda pissed me off! I need to shed on my upper thighs and ass....I started exactly two weeks ago and I'm down 14lbs and it seems too too to be true! I mean with this really just continue and will my body actually look lean? I have been fat for so long, and I can't imagine it is actually this easy?
Well, if you call this easy then kudos to you, kiddo.

Yeppers, it's this easy.

The cool part is that first you lose the weight then the following year the weight redisributes so you continue to shrink two more dress sizes.

Quote:
I was 196 and am now 182 in two weeks. My goal is 130 by June. Thinks this Is possible? Do you ever feel a little tight in your chest from this diet? That's 1lb per day-how is that possible?
there have been some that did the one pound per day, but realistically you should count on three a week, then if you lose more then that you are elated rather than expecting more and getting less and feeling like a failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Good Morning Everyone! Need your strength to stay strong today. It's so difficult when one strays. I was rolling along and letting the little things get to me and then I discovered Cocktails!!! Totally derailed me. I'm ashamed to admit . That I reached for the carbs which only made me feel worse. . Not gonna weigh but really need to concentrate today. . It is soo tough!

Ready: I can so totally relate! I really hate myself for ever letting myself get this out of control. I have belly fat like I never had before . .my arms are wiggly. .my face is huge and I have leg wobble. . I have to do sometjing and NOW . . something needs to wake this girl up!!! do it now. .
awwwwwwww, c'mon, honey, love yourself, don't loathe thyself. we all know we can do this.......

OMG bought Banquet chicken tenders and they are horrible, like eating breaded sponges...and a huge carb headache to boot. Into the compost they go..........