Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 04:57 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
IM you are soooo inspiring! Up early here too!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2013, 05:55 AM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Glad to see it. C !just keep reminding myself if I keep fingers busy less time to shove goodies in the ole pie hole. . . Now why did I have to mention pie?
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:03 AM   #63
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BucketGirl24
Yesterday my mom was describing to me how she made an oreo cheesecake for dinner and then all of a sudden she stopped and was like "why are you moaning so loudly are you okay?" I didn't even know I was doing it.

I finally weighed myself today. I'm boycotting cheese from now on. I'm lactose intolerant anyways, but it is just so delicious I can't help myself. I'm down from 210 on January 7th to 191.2 today. I hope everyone has a great day!
BucketGirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 11/21/09
Good morning Everyone,

Cold is much better this morning! I'm very pleased and I will be starting Day #1 tomorrow! My back is really killing me right now. I am hoping that when my body starts adjusting to Stillman's, my back pain should slowly start going away.

I am also loctose intolerant and I love eating cheese. I become hooked on Feta cheese. I'm staying away from cottage cheese and all types of cheese while on Stillman's.

So, I'm going to get ready to RUMBLE for tomorrow!

Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #65
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dominais
Stats: 265/200/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 1/28/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Good morning Everyone,

Cold is much better this morning! I'm very pleased and I will be starting Day #1 tomorrow! My back is really killing me right now. I am hoping that when my body starts adjusting to Stillman's, my back pain should slowly start going away.

Dustin
For me, by the third day of no-carbing, all my aches and pains decrease. I hurt my back in 2005 and generally this time of year I can hardly walk without wincing - today I feel great!

That could be the effects of my rebounder, too. They say a rebounder is like the fountain of youth.

So far I'm down 12 lbs. I'm averaging 2 lbs a day and I've added a bit of fat the last several days. I switched out my roast beef for salami, and had some 0carb cream cheese.

I remember losing 30lbs in two weeks hurt my kidneys.

I think I may add a salad in for a few days. While I LOVE losing weight fast, too fast is not good for my heart - or the rest of me.
dominais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Dominais, that is great info about your aches and pains decreasing and that a rebounder is like the fountain of youth! I can't wait until I get over the initial induction stage and start feeling better!

30 pounds in 2 weeks! Wow, that is great! At this point of time, I'd rather lose weight quickly for the first 2 months or so so I can start exercising more and try to tone my body a little bit before my wedding!

Dustin
Old 02-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

IM2 recommended this hickory flavored tuna from Krogers. Does anyone recommend fish that I can boil in water.... the type that comes in a plastic bag. I just drop the bag into boiling water. Any brand or type I can check out? I want something that does not involve cooking!!

Thanks
Dustin
Old 02-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #68
Junior LCF Member

Dustin, I don't know about boiling it in the bag. But I buy the big pack of tilapia from Walmart for about $13. I put it in a pan with about a 1/4 of water and boil it with a little bit of garlic. Some people like to put lemon on it as well. I just bought a nuwave oven and it has saved me so much time. It's basically like using an microwave but with an oven taste. I have made all of my meals in it since I've gotten it about a week ago. It drains all of the fat from my food and you can cook something without having to defrost it first. I'm a college student with 3 other roommates and it saves me so much time and it's super easy to use. Before my nuwave, I used to broil all of my fish and chicken. It cooks really fast. All I did was season my meat a little before I put it in, flip it once and then it would be done in about 10 minutes.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #69
Junior LCF Member

Wow Dominais that's great weight loss! Keep up the good work. I always wanted to lose weight quickly and I've never really cared about how it was done. The fastest I've ever lost weight was with the HCG diet. I lost about 19lbs in 10 days. I didn't want to do it with HCG this time. I want to change for good and not have to lose the same weight over and over again. I think Stillman's is a diet I can definitely follow forever. I love chocolate and ice cream but I have a meat tooth not a sweet tooth and there was too much fat in Atkins to make me feel good about myself.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
IM2 recommended this hickory flavored tuna from Krogers. Does anyone recommend fish that I can boil in water.... the type that comes in a plastic bag. I just drop the bag into boiling water. Any brand or type I can check out? I want something that does not involve cooking!!

Thanks
Dustin
Dont' forget about the Gorton's in the freezer section. .(you have to nuke 'em but that's not really cooking, is it?). . They make some wonderful flavors and it's baked. . check it out!! I love them too. .
Old 02-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketGirl24 View Post
Dustin, I don't know about boiling it in the bag. But I buy the big pack of tilapia from Walmart for about $13. I put it in a pan with about a 1/4 of water and boil it with a little bit of garlic. Some people like to put lemon on it as well. I just bought a nuwave oven and it has saved me so much time. It's basically like using an microwave but with an oven taste. I have made all of my meals in it since I've gotten it about a week ago. It drains all of the fat from my food and you can cook something without having to defrost it first. I'm a college student with 3 other roommates and it saves me so much time and it's super easy to use. Before my nuwave, I used to broil all of my fish and chicken. It cooks really fast. All I did was season my meat a little before I put it in, flip it once and then it would be done in about 10 minutes.
O. . Bucket! You are a gal after my own heart. . I have to quit watching informercials because I love, love, love all the cooking gadgets they offer (brings me that much closer to my other favorite, thing. . . FOOD! ). . Plus. .I actually watched that show and almost ordered one. . i refrained. After the Redi-Set-go purchase. . I figured I better let that sleeping dog lie for a little while. . (I also bought the cupcake maker but who's counting that?!). . .
Old 02-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the suggestion of Gorton's and Nuwave. $120. S&H is pretty high in my opinion, $30. But I like the idea of the concept behind Nuwave. I may splurge on this. Can I pick up a Nuwave at a store to avoid their steep S&H?

Thanks!
Dustin
Old 02-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok..

I have a question, Non Stillman's related.. but you guys are so smart about everything else. . I'm gonna throw it out there. . I'm a work-a-holic who works full time during the day, have 4 kids at home (One in college, one in high school, one in middle and one in Elementary... O and did I mention. .All boys so its all about running around for sports, too!!). . My hubby and I also have a 24 hour business with 10 employees so we are always busy, always on call - I work weekends, nights for our business. . . .We basically had no choice and it's a long story. but we are where we are right now out of necessity and been doing it for almost 8 years. . . . well. .here's my dilemma. . We haven't had a family vacation since my oldest ones were 4 and 5. . so that's over 10 years. My babies don't even understand the term "family vacation". My oldest still lives at home (college) and my other son graduates this year. My window of opportunity for all of us to be together is closing so I want to plan a once in a lifetime trip for them. They have always wanted to go to Disney (as have I. .just the magic of it all makes me smile. .). . I've never flown so I'm scared to death of that part. . plus I know nothing about traveling or if I should try to book through Disney, an agent. . or do everything individually? Mind you, we will be on a "budget" but I plan to splurge a little as this will be a one time thing. What do you suggest? I'm planning to do it after Spring break (Mid April or so - I know that will save on flights. . and my kids are smart enough to miss a few days of school ).. I tried doing a quick though Disney.com online but it was over 5,500.00. .kinda thinking I might find something a little better? My other dilemma.. I must lose weight so that I can keep up with all of them running here and there. . .so I have a goal . 20 pounds = Disney Trip. .30 Pounds and I buy a bikini to sport on the beach. (the last part is a stretch but a gal can dream!!)
Old 02-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion of Gorton's and Nuwave. $120. S&H is pretty high in my opinion, $30. But I like the idea of the concept behind Nuwave. I may splurge on this. Can I pick up a Nuwave at a store to avoid their steep S&H?

Thanks!
Dustin
Google it.. Walmart carries it. . O. .and Amazon is always your best friend! I just ordered my mini tramp from them. . 30 bucks!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #75
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Driving by - this is my birthday! Happy birthday to me - I' started throwing up at 1:00am. I think that phase is finished but the headache is a killer. See you all tomorrow!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Happy Birthday, Mim. Hope you will feel better soon!

Dustin
Old 02-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Driving by - this is my birthday! Happy birthday to me - I' started throwing up at 1:00am. I think that phase is finished but the headache is a killer. See you all tomorrow!
Take the day for yourself and feel better!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yesterday my mom was describing to me how she made an oreo cheesecake for dinner and then all of a sudden she stopped and was like "why are you moaning so loudly are you okay?" I didn't even know I was doing it.
I have done that before too! haha

Quote:
Perhaps I should consider cycling back and forth between Stillman's and Atkins for added variety. Does anyone have any positive experience with this?
I did that back in December or November and it worked great for me, I switched back and forth daily and it also worked great because when i stopped I didn't have that normal 5 lbs gain back like to do when I stop eating only meat (cuz carbs retain water or something like that) Towards the end of doing it I guess it ended up being more of a dukan thing than atkins/stillmans because I wasn't eating as much fat but it still worked and no jump when you add food back so I wpould recommend it!

Quote:
I just looked up Slim in 6 and it looks like an exercise program for women.
Dustin
Slim in 6 does have men in the videos but I think it is more directed to women just because it focuses on slimming down as opposed to bulking up muscle.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

I finally weighed myself today. I'm boycotting cheese from now on. I'm lactose intolerant anyways, but it is just so delicious I can't help myself. I'm down from 210 on January 7th to 191.2 today. I hope everyone has a great day!
LOL about the cheesecake conversation.........next time make hurling noises she will get your drift......WTG on the loss!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominais View Post
For me, by the third day of no-carbing, all my aches and pains decrease. I hurt my back in 2005 and generally this time of year I can hardly walk without wincing - today I feel great!

That could be the effects of my rebounder, too. They say a rebounder is like the fountain of youth.

So far I'm down 12 lbs. I'm averaging 2 lbs a day and I've added a bit of fat the last several days. I switched out my roast beef for salami, and had some 0carb cream cheese.

I remember losing 30lbs in two weeks hurt my kidneys.

I think I may add a salad in for a few days. While I LOVE losing weight fast, too fast is not good for my heart - or the rest of me.
mmmmm roast beef.........WTG loser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Happy BDay Mim, OMG I hope you feel better quick, and please do something for dehydration, like G2 sugar free Gatorade........

IM, there is tons of info on doing Disney sensibly. I believe there is even a book, Disney for Dummies.

The Internet's Largest Unofficial On-Line Guide to Walt Disney World
Disney World - The Largest Unofficial On-Line Guide to Disney World, Walt Disney World
they have a forum just like here!

The fear of flying is something I've had to live with (DH will not fly). There are alternatives. Train, bus, drive, or a combination of all.

A family of five going Greyhound from Duluth to Orlando is two days on the road and online fare (one way, i THINK) is 927.00 before tax. That's a steal compared to flying. The trip has only two transfers. The buses most have wifi and other amenities.

https://www.greyhound.com/farefinder/step2.aspx
Old 02-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amtrak round trip for five 1800.00 or so

Amtrak - Reservations - Fare Finder
Old 02-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Readytolose60
Stats: 196/181/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 1/26/2013
Newby needs support!

I'm new! Day 3 of stillmans...and my scale hasn't budged. I've been doing exactly as directed, and walking one hour everyday too. I lost like 6 lbs right before starting stillmans but he said 7-15lbs and my scale hasn't moved? Can I be eating too much salt and I have eaten a little ketchup regular...help! I'm so excited and don't wanna lose my ambition. Tips?
Readytolose60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #82
Junior LCF Member

Happy Birthday MIM! I hope you start to feel better. Seems like you got the gift that keeps on giving

@Dustin- Walmart sells the nuwave and the nuwave mini. You could ship it directly to a store and go pick it up for free. It's a great deal. I have the regular so I don't know how much smaller the mini would be than the one I have. I got mine during a promotion. I bought one and got one free. So it was worth it to order from the site for me. I don't know if it's still going on but you should check. Walmart is still a great option if you don't wanna pay the shipping. I didn't buy the extender ring set. It's a waste of money in my opinion and I'm happy I didn't get it.

@IM2fat- My ex-husband and I took a trip down to Disney world. We have four children and we went during peak time in the summer. We stayed in a hotel that was about a 5 miles drive from the park and saved $400 in hotels for only 3 days. We drove down since we live in Georgia. We paid a pretty penny on tickets. It was about $500 for all of us I believe and the food prices are outrages. $10 for a cheap dried hamburger was not cool. But we went there and the kids had an amazing time. We stayed there 11 hours and didn't make it through the whole park and we only went for Magic Kingdom. It's worth it to me. Our children at the time were 4, 6, 7, and 10 and they all enjoyed it just the same. I had a blast too. Ever since that day, the term "disney crash" has been in our family. The kids were so tired after the day that they fell asleep on the ferry ride back and didn't wake up until 11 the next morning. It was glorious! ANNNNNND the Nuwave oven is totally worth it. I'm the only person I know who likes to stay up and watch infomercials, so I have a lot of gadgets and I know how disappointing they can be. That being said the Nuwave oven is all that it's hyped up to be and more. On Mondays I make marinades for my chicken, pork and salmon. When I get out of class or when ever I get home from the gym I just take one out of the bag and put it in the oven and do homework and clean and just eat it whenever it's ready. It cooks so fast I never have an excuse to grab something quick and fattening when I could just wait 5 minutes and have grilled salmon. The food is juicy not rubbery as if it was in the microwave and if you wanted you could crisp the top as well. I made my cheesy miracle noodle and chicken casserole dish in the oven and it was done in 10 minutes from start to finish and it was perfect. It's definitely by far the best informercial thing I've ever bought.

I almost cheated today! Pizza hut sent me an email saying that it come out with pizza hut sliders and that I could get 9 for 10 bucks! I was about to order before my roommate came home and I asked her to talk me out of it. The cheese ones looked sooooo yummy and I love pizza hut's dough the most. It's so buttery and delicious. But I prevailed. It was a close one.

Last edited by BucketGirl24; 02-05-2013 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: add pizza hut story
Old 02-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #83
Junior LCF Member

Hi Ready! Welcome to Stillman's. Can you tell me what a day is like for you meal wise?
Old 02-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #84
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reinvented
Stats: 234/187.6/165
WOE: Medi/Stillmans
Start Date: 4/17/2009 restart 1/22/13
Hey Guys! I lost 2.4 pounds in my second week doesn't seem like a big loss but any loss counts I guess.
reinvented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey. BGal. . Thank you for the great tips! Hubby said we could go . .I'm excited. Now I just have to find the best deal.. I kinda wanna stay in the park, too. Figure if I'm gonna spend the $$ . .might as well live it up!

CC: I'm not opposed to flying. I kinda wanna. . but I'm scared to death . . . I'm afraid of heights. . will that play into my scardiness? IDK. . gotta try it once. (besides, my dream trip . . Cancun with hubby . I guess I hafta fly!!)

BGal: I guess I'll have to find myself a Nuwave LOL. Did you ever hear of the Turbo cooker. . (I know it dates me. . ), and remember the cookwear that kept on cooking even after you took it off the burner..for hours? Yep. .had to have them, too. . and of course, we all have the George Foreman, right?
Old 02-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Invent: Congrats. .keep it up!

Mim. .Happy, Happy Birthday! awesome job
Old 02-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ready! Welcome. . we can do this!!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So. . I didn't go to the gym but I did force hubby to take me to the mall where we did some power walking. . worked out great. . and I feel energized. . glad I went. . sometimes the "real walking" is better than the treadmill. .
Old 02-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readytolose60 View Post
I'm new! Day 3 of stillmans...and my scale hasn't budged. I've been doing exactly as directed, and walking one hour everyday too. I lost like 6 lbs right before starting stillmans but he said 7-15lbs and my scale hasn't moved? Can I be eating too much salt and I have eaten a little ketchup regular...help! I'm so excited and don't wanna lose my ambition. Tips?
Water Water Water

I had the same problem before and once I started to down the water the weight started to fall off!

If you post your menus from the last coupe days we may be able to see and help you

Last edited by Mar922; 02-05-2013 at 09:03 PM..
Old 02-06-2013, 04:35 AM   #90
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Wednesday morning! Ug - I need a birthday do over! I woke up on my birthday at 1:00 am barfing. I'm feeling a bit better this morning but still not good. I'm supposed to get my grandgirls tomorrow - I need to feel better. And of course, I've got a lot to do today because I didn't do much yesterday!

IM - how wonderful to plan the trip. We went in October - we flew down and rented a car because we stayed at a condo that was a short distance away but we had to drive to the park. My dd and sil like Disney California better and that is where we will go next time. But you can see Harry Potter in Florida! Do the research about the park and plan your time to get in all you want to do! I'm so excited for you! Check with Cathy - she will tell you what clothes to pack. She was spot on for me! And look in the natural section in your grocery for a sleep aid or calming something. You probably won't need it - once you start flying you will be fine but it is comforting to have a back up in case it feels overwhelming. I'm excited for you! You are creating a wonderful memory! And you deserve a vacation!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote