Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 08:54 AM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dominais
Stats: 265/200/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 1/28/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
O forgot to mention DH and I have been together thirty (egad) years even tho only got married in 2011............
My unsolicited advice is to remember that the only person on earth whose behavior you can control is your own. Don't worry about why this person is doing whatever she is. Cheater's cheat. But for your own well being I would say it's best to worry only about your OWN problems, you know?

You can ask her politely not to discuss her sexual misadventures with you. You'll have to actually stick to that - if she goes back to telling you, limit your conversations with her till she gets the point.

I know that's not exactly what you're looking for, but I'm a counselor and that's what I would tell a client if they asked.

Our individual lives have enough difficulties in them, without taking on the dramas of our friends as well.
dominais is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Domi, that's what I was looking for, I just don't have the heart to shut her down . This is only the third or fourth time it's come up. It seems to be a decade cycle, first when she was30 and now at 40.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
CC! you would think at 40 she'd have it figured out, already. but i guess some people are not happy unless they have a lot of drama in their lives! Quite frankly. . I have enough just trying to keep laundry done, meals on the table and permission slips signed! Who has time for affairs? For that matter, if I did have time, I think I'd pick sleep!!! but that's just me. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dustin! OMG> . I almost screamed in church this morning when I saw your post!! I know that sounds bad. .but I was actually making sure my phone was silenced and when I turned it on, it was on LCF!!! I scrolled and there you were. .

See. . it's a sign. . you & me. . we both decide to give it a whirl again. must mean we are going to be great losers!! Everyone needs to shake those pom poms. . and get serious. (Ok . after superbowl day!! :-)
Old 02-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reinvented
Stats: 234/187.6/165
WOE: Medi/Stillmans
Start Date: 4/17/2009 restart 1/22/13
Mar922 thanks for the invite to this thread. I really want to try slim in 6 but its kind of expensive but I think I will keep on the lookout on amazon and purchase a used one. I'm still losing a pound a day but yesterday I got a bit discouraged I think I was starting to get bored with my menu chicken eggs chicken eggs. So I went grocery shopping and bought some turkey chops ground turkey deli turkey and four cheese egg beaters. Hopefully that will add some life to my plan. I also want to up my excercise so I bought some resistance bands for strength training. They are 4.97 at walmart if anyone is interested and it comes with an excercise chart on how to use it. 165 pounds here I come!!
week 3 = 3.6 216.6
week 4 = 3.2 213.4
week 5= 4.2 209.2
Week 6=1.8 207.4
Week 7= 3.2 204.2
week 8= no loss went off plan a day
week 9= 6.2 198
reinvented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinvented View Post
Mar922 thanks for the invite to this thread. I really want to try slim in 6 but its kind of expensive but I think I will keep on the lookout on amazon and purchase a used one. I'm still losing a pound a day but yesterday I got a bit discouraged I think I was starting to get bored with my menu chicken eggs chicken eggs. So I went grocery shopping and bought some turkey chops ground turkey deli turkey and four cheese egg beaters. Hopefully that will add some life to my plan. I also want to up my excercise so I bought some resistance bands for strength training. They are 4.97 at walmart if anyone is interested and it comes with an excercise chart on how to use it. 165 pounds here I come!!
Welcome! I am still sore from my first day on Friday! I don't want to work out again and make it worse, I read somewhere you aren't supposed to work out when you are sore but if I am wrong please correct me! I got my Slim in 6 on amazon used and so it was about half the price... I also go it without the bads and meal plan cuz I already have bands and stills in my plan so keep checking and I am sure you will find it!

I eat A LOT of chicken and eggs too the good thing about it being boring is you know when you think I can't wait to eat chicken that you are actually hungry haha!

You will be at 165 in no time!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:11 AM   #37
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Domi, that's what I was looking for, I just don't have the heart to shut her down . This is only the third or fourth time it's come up. It seems to be a decade cycle, first when she was30 and now at 40.
CC - perhaps you can gently lead her to therapy. Don't get sucked into her drama, but you care about her and what she is doing is self-destructive. And you can tell her that you care about her and don't want to see her self destruct. And then remember - you can lead a horse to water. Her decisions are hers.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:14 AM   #38
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
This will be quick - my computer is not recharging - I'll drop it off at the shop this morning. I've lost another pound - or should I say I've re-lost another pound. But this is for the last time! That's 3 down in February! Happy Monday!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:54 AM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BucketGirl24
@CCGirl, I'm sorry that you're going through some family drama. I know I haven't been here long, but as someone who has been through a destructive relationship I know that the only reason I found the strength to do something different is my supportive family. They made me believe in myself and let me know that I am valuable and that I could do it without him. Stay strong!
@Dustin, Hi! I am a big fan of getting back on the wagon. It's frustrating to lose the same pounds that you've already lost, but I guess we have to do what we have to do to succeed.
@Mar, I ordered slim in 6 about 7 years ago now I believe. It was amazing. I have Insanity, P90X and I just got Turbo Fire yesterday. I'm hoping a nice fun workout would help me stay on my exercise track.

Good luck for this week everyone!
BucketGirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:36 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 11/21/09
Good morning Everyone!

I'm still fighting this cold. I spent all day in bed yesterday. I did not start Stillman's yesterday since all of those eggs and water are not very appealing when I'm feeling sick. I must have emptied that small wastebasket twice yesterday from all of those tissues. I'm gonna buy some stock in Kleenex because I feel like I'm keeping that company profitable.

Mim, CCGirl, IM2fat - Thanks for the warm welcome! To be honest with you, I feel a little tickled that you ladies remembered me!

Thank you, IM2fat, for not screaming outloud in your church. That will be a pretty awkward moment, eh?

The wedding I will be attending is my own wedding. My fiancee have been watching my weight slowly creep up. The last straw is that I had to buy a new pants and those "big" pants are EXPENSIVE!! So, my new start date is on Wednesday. I am hoping my cold will ease up.

My fiancee is such a thin woman and I just feel like a tub of lard next to her. I know that she worries about me but she understood that it is my decision to finally make the effort to lose this weight. But she stood by me through the past 2 years so I want to reward her with a slimmer me and I want to feel good about myself when I look at our wedding photos.

Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:38 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Bucketgirl24: I just feel exhausted from just watching P90X! I think I'll stick with Leslie Sandstone "Walking off the Pounds" to start with. Then I can move up to more advanced videos.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
My legs have finally stopped hurting so I am gonna try and do day 2 (3 days later) of slim in six today!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: msviv
Stats: 193.6/193.6/159
WOE: ME
Start Date: 4/2/13
Hey everyone, Happy Monday!! Well I didn't start yesterday as intended but I did get started this morning. My starting weight was 199 and so far today I have had a couple of HB eggs, string cheese and about 40 oz water. Brought a couple of hamburgers for lunch and I think have some turkey cutlets already cooked in the freezer so that will be dinner. So I tried the turkey bacon and sausage, not for me, don't really eat bacon too often but is hot pork sausage allowed?
msviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Bucketgirl24: I just feel exhausted from just watching P90X! I think I'll stick with Leslie Sandstone "Walking off the Pounds" to start with. Then I can move up to more advanced videos.
that's a great idea, Dustin!! I've did those last time I was really successful. .have to find out what works.. I just ordered a mini tramp off Amazon. . for 30 bucks. .we shall see if that's the ticket. I need something fun. .although I already have a big trampoline outside. . Just feel stupid with my fat flopping all over. . .
Old 02-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good morning Everyone!

The wedding I will be attending is my own wedding. My fiancee have been watching my weight slowly creep up. The last straw is that I had to buy a new pants and those "big" pants are EXPENSIVE!! So, my new start date is on Wednesday. I am hoping my cold will ease up.

Dustin

OMG> . how fabulous. . and how exciting for you. Congratulations!! You will do this. . cuz you are happy and crazy and in Love!! Let's rock it.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good morning Everyone!

Mim, CCGirl, IM2fat - Thanks for the warm welcome! To be honest with you, I feel a little tickled that you ladies remembered me!

Dustin
How could we forget you!! I'm so glad you are back. . I just feel like I am surrounded by family and can do this again! I want to wear my white skirt . (the one I wore to the last "wedding".) Speaking of Weddings: !! I am so happy for you. . .
Old 02-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Go, Mar, Go!!! I'm gonna drag my sorry butt to the gym tonight. . .
Old 02-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mim. . 3 for February. . Yay, you!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

((sigh)) . .I did some major damage yesterday. .Hoping it's all temporary. . I was stupid and jumped on the scale this morning!! Big Mistake!!! I hope its water weight.. .

anyway. . Boiled egg whites x 2 for lunch and Hickory Tuna. . .I did eat oatmeal this morning (shaking head).. but I was really hungry and the nature filler kept me until noon. . . so I'm not gonna beat myself up. I plan on having grilled chicken after the gym tonight. .TTFN. . At work. .gotta run. . .
Old 02-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #50
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BucketGirl24
@Dustin! Congrats on your wedding! I am definitely rooting for you!

I love turkey bacon so much. Even more than regular bacon actually but I didn't think I could have some so I didn't pick up some from the store O_o. I ordered the cookbook and QWL diet from abebooks so I hope to get more information when those come in.
BucketGirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Good afternoon!

My cold is not that bad right now, but usually colds are at their worst in the mornings and evenings. So let's see how I'm feeling by 10:00pm and at 6:00am tomorrow. I just looked up Slim in 6 and it looks like an exercise program for women. I think I'll be happy with Leslie for now. I also have those small hand weights and I can use them during her videos to push myself a little bit harder.

Yes, IM2, I am also glad to be back! I just need to draw my motivation from this group and reading about other's experiences. I do remember my challenge of eating nothing but tuna for a month. I don't want to eat tuna again! Even the thought of opening a can of tuna is enough to leave a bad taste in my mouth. I'm perfectly happy with fish and hard boiled eggs. I can use tobasso sauce and pepper to flavor my eggs. I'll figure out something to keep my food selections very simple!!

Dustin
Old 02-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Doesn't turkey bacon have any fat in it? I am trying to avoid fat as much as I can or I can go onto Atkins Induction stage. Perhaps I should consider cycling back and forth between Stillman's and Atkins for added variety. Does anyone have any positive experience with this?
Old 02-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Hey Guys, looking for a chili recipe that I can use on this plan, any suggestions?
Old 02-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Doesn't turkey bacon have any fat in it? I am trying to avoid fat as much as I can or I can go onto Atkins Induction stage. Perhaps I should consider cycling back and forth between Stillman's and Atkins for added variety. Does anyone have any positive experience with this?
Dustin: I was most successful on Atkins. . but I did a lower fat version and exercised when I was losing. . I had one salad a day, salad dressing, couple ounces of cheese and still did boneless, skinless chicken, lean pork tuna, etc. . we all know what's healthy. .just think of healthier version. You have to do something you can stick with. NO point eating tuna every day if you are just going to fall off the wagon.. But..speaking of tuna: I was very sick of it too and couldn't bring myself to eat any after my last round of Stillmans. .Fortunately, I discovered the Tuna Creations! Hickory smoked is my favorite. . (and on sale at Kroger right now for .88 .. .33 if you have coupons!!). . it sure does make a nice filler and easy to carry around..don't give up on it. . but mix up your menu a bit!!! I did 2 weeks (pre-superbowl) of my low fat version of Atkins. .lost 8 pounds. now I'm trying to incorporate the good and bad of both. . Just avoiding those bad carbs!! I gotta have my veggies!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msviv View Post
Hey Guys, looking for a chili recipe that I can use on this plan, any suggestions?
chili is tough on strict Stillmans. . tomoto, beans. . etc. but try the Stillman's recipe blog. . you might find something there.. Stillman's is pretty plain. .
Old 02-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
CC! you would think at 40 she'd have it figured out, already. but i guess some people are not happy unless they have a lot of drama in their lives! Quite frankly. . I have enough just trying to keep laundry done, meals on the table and permission slips signed! Who has time for affairs? For that matter, if I did have time, I think I'd pick sleep!!! but that's just me. .
Well, I could go on abou t how her Dh was a rebound from her divorce when she turned 30 and had to do everyone on the planet, but I won't. I just change the subject.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
CC - perhaps you can gently lead her to therapy. Don't get sucked into her drama, but you care about her and what she is doing is self-destructive. And you can tell her that you care about her and don't want to see her self destruct. And then remember - you can lead a horse to water. Her decisions are hers.
Therapy isn't the answer. Learning to stick to her vows is. And she agreed to turn him into a stay at home dad then when money's tight she gets ugly. Assune responsibility for the situations you create, IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
This will be quick - my computer is not recharging - I'll drop it off at the shop this morning. I've lost another pound - or should I say I've re-lost another pound. But this is for the last time! That's 3 down in February! Happy Monday!
loss is loss, take it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketGirl24 View Post
@CCGirl, I'm sorry that you're going through some family drama. I know I haven't been here long, but as someone who has been through a destructive relationship I know that the only reason I found the strength to do something different is my supportive family. They made me believe in myself and let me know that I am valuable and that I could do it without him. Stay strong!
Good luck for this week everyone!
It doesn't bother me except it's a rerun from ten years ago. She just up and cheated and then got mad when her screwy friends blew the whistle. Don't tell and you won't have to ask.......
Quote:
Good morning Everyone!

I'm still fighting this cold. I spent all day in bed yesterday. I did not start Stillman's yesterday since all of those eggs and water are not very appealing when I'm feeling sick. I must have emptied that small wastebasket twice yesterday from all of those tissues. I'm gonna buy some stock in Kleenex because I feel like I'm keeping that company profitable.

Thank you, IM2fat, for not screaming outloud in your church. That will be a pretty awkward moment, eh?

My fiancee is such a thin woman and I just feel like a tub of lard next to her. I know that she worries about me but she understood that it is my decision to finally make the effort to lose this weight. But she stood by me through the past 2 years so I want to reward her with a slimmer me and I want to feel good about myself when I look at our wedding photos.

Dustin
OMG a weddin' Congratulations! Maybe the cold is induction flu?
Quote:
Hey everyone, Happy Monday!! Well I didn't start yesterday as intended but I did get started this morning. My starting weight was 199 and so far today I have had a couple of HB eggs, string cheese and about 40 oz water. Brought a couple of hamburgers for lunch and I think have some turkey cutlets already cooked in the freezer so that will be dinner. So I tried the turkey bacon and sausage, not for me, don't really eat bacon too often but is hot pork sausage allowed?
going with the lean meats only theory I would have to say no for fast loss.......

Quote:
1 lb. ground turkey
15 oz. can diced tomato
green pepper to taste
chopped onion to taste or use powdered for less carb
2 tbsp. cumin
2 tbsp. chili powder
1/4 tbsp. crushed red pepper or to taste

difficult way
saute onions peppers and turkey until soft and cooked through, drain. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for one hour on low.

easy way
throw everything into a slow cooker on low, check back in two hours to break uo the turkey. Leave on for another hour. Eat.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #57
Junior LCF Member

dlyons- I love Leslie, may just have to pull one of her DVD's out and join you.

CCGirl Thanks for the response and the Chili recipe, gonna have to skip the ground turkey though, picked up some 93/7 lean ground beef today will use that.
I have been on plan all day today even though someone brought in a vanilla pudding pound cake and a bowl full of chocolate kisses (both my favorites) I didn't have any of either one I am happy to say. So this is what today's menu looks like:
B- 2 boiled eggs and coffee
S- mozzarella(part skim) cheese stick
L- 1 1/2 hamburgers
S- 1/2 hamburger and cheese stick
D- cup of chicken boullion 2 small baked turkey breast cutlets.
I weigh in tomorrow at work for our biggest loser contest, will be interesting to see what happens after Day 1 and even more interesting next Tuesday morning.
Oh yeah so far today 80 oz water

Last edited by msviv; 02-04-2013 at 04:01 PM..
Old 02-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow Viv kudos on the water, I am water impaired........

see how you do on the beef, you may find it's a staller.

eek pound cake and kisses, just give me a Glock and kill me now
Old 02-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

SO tomorrow is a new day and we can do great things, right? I'm in bed early reading a little Janes Patterson before bed! Haven't had time to read in so
Long I'm actually enjoying the alone quiet time.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:24 AM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning my wonderful
Losers !! I'm up early ready to
Attack the day and any meat by products that happen to come my way! I just know we are all going to have the best day ever. I need it, I want it and I deserve it! I deserve to be in control, I deserve to be happy and I deserve to rock this body and so do you ! How's that for a Tuesday? I am enjoying a hot bath a great cup of coffee and a little me time before tackling my day! Enjoy peeps!