Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 05:30 AM   #451
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning. It is Tuesday! My weekly weigh in day! I haven't lost any weight! But not to worry. I have lost well this month and have a few more days to see if I can lose anymore before the 1st.

I spent a lot of money yesterday. I went shopping for a birthday present for my dd and ended up buying art for my walls! I have been looking for specific theme,color pieces and one place I went to had just what I wanted! And even though I'm moving, I will still keep my decor, so I bought them! And I bought my dd a birthday present too! It is like my living space gets rewarded because I'm losing weight!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #452
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
IM, dreaming of Florida here, too..........we're going to get whacked again with snow tomorrow......

Mim, so you are moving! Across town or closer to your DD ?

any suggestions for goat cheese? I have a little log I need to use up...........
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:30 AM   #453
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Monday morning! I am starting the week tired. Alas.

MakeMe! Soo good to see your lovely smile this morning.

My body is not letting go of any more weight right now. But then again, I'm eating a fair amount of fat lately. But starting today I'm going to really watch what I eat. I would like to lose at least one more pound this month!
Why thank you Mim.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Dustin and make me! You're back-yay ! Sounds like you hAd the dreaded crud. Went through my family at Christmas and hung on for almost a month - one of the worst so sorry

Mar/cc. At one point, years ago we found out my hives were being caused by wild game . . Venison In particular. Hubby couldn't even eat it or I'd break out terrible - huge massive feverish welts that would swell so much it would cut off my circulation in places. It took 4 years to figure that out and hubby was a big hunter! Can't have the stuff in my house. I thought one if the guys at work was eating it for lunch but he claims no. I'm thinking maybe it was my turkey sausage trying to cut that out to see- just my luck- allergic to meat! Crazy

On that note. I did well yesterday by my standards! I've decided to go back to calorie counting and meat and veggies keeping it under 20 grams of healthy carbs a day. It is extra difficult to cook for 5 hungry boys every day and stick to plan. And so demanding. I love that meat keeps me full and I will be extra mindful to make the right choices. Today I am making them chicken soup and will cook the noodles on the side, they can add their own and I can stay on plan ! It's all about living not die-ting!!!
Hi Mim. I know what its like to try and prepare different meals. I have to do three different meals due to fussy eaters and it drives me mad!

Last edited by makemeslim; 02-26-2013 at 07:36 AM..
Old 02-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #455
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Here's to a great week everyone! I'm changing stars and starting new. Gonna see what happens this week and pray I don't drive myself crazy in the process . I have to quit thinking of food 24/7 and planning in my head. Gonna start dreaming if Florida and picturing myself running around in shorts instead of a moo moo!
Yep, no more Moo Moo land for you!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #456
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Apache75
Stats: 183/169.4/135
WOE: lowfat lowcarb
Start Date: restart Feb. 2013
Welcome Dustin, I think I have what you are trying to get over. Mine is working on its 4th week! If I had any sense I would go to the doctor.

IM you are doing great. Sometimes you have to make little adjustments and compromises to be able to last the whole 9 yards.

Mim spending money or art is always a worthy investment!

Y'all have me dreaming about Florida!

My weight is steady at 171. I ate more fat yesterday than I should have. I think If I feel like I need to I will bump fat up a little to make things a bit more palatable. I was daydreaming about ditching this low fat thing and that will not do the scale any good. If I can bump it up just a bit it may save me from going completely off plan and accept a little slower loss….at least that is the plan now. Weight loss is so darned slow it is depressing. I am older now, I guess it is going to be harder to lose.

Oh I made this last night and it was delicious! I subbed the thighs for chicken tenders, and used Walden Farms 0 carb pancake syrup. The fresh rosemary on top after it is done makes it! http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/0...asing-chicken/

Last edited by Apache75; 02-26-2013 at 07:42 AM..
Apache75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #457
Major LCF Poster!

Anyway, not far from 3pm here... Day 2 going well. Love to all.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache75 View Post
My weight is steady at 171. I ate more fat yesterday than I should have. I think If I feel like I need to I will bump fat up a little to make things a bit more palatable. I was daydreaming about ditching this low fat thing and that will not do the scale any good. If I can bump it up just a bit it may save me from going completely off plan and accept a little slower loss….at least that is the plan now. Weight loss is so darned slow it is depressing. I am older now, I guess it is going to be harder to lose.
! Man-Pleasing Chicken | Witty in the City

Tell me how it feels to be at 171? Do you feel much better. . can you tell in your clothes? Whatever you do, don't give up. . I'm the queen of do-overs! You've suceeded as long as you try , try again..keep your eye on the prize. . and I actually want to know how 171 feels!!!?>?? I need to be there. . just for the booste and so my skirts aren't quite so short (ever notice how they creep up the more weight you gain?).. , my panty hose, , not so tight. . my undies to stay in place, my face . . not so round.. my arms.. not so flabby.. my fat. .not so jiggly. .my knees. not so sore. .and I want to actually WEAR the clothes in my closet instead of moving them around to find the "fat shirt" to throw on... I have 12 pairs of jeans.. only one fits.. What's up with that? I refuse to buy more because I'm so close.. sooo close to being able to button some of them. .Besides. . I deserve to be able to wear them. .I earned them!!!

sorry. .That rant came out of nowhere.. Back to work, now.. and back to facing the world with a smile on my face even if I don't feel like it!!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #459
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Day two here . .of my new attitude. . Well.. kinda. .still working on the positive thing.. but I was down .50 yesterday and I did lick frosting off my finger. . There . .I confessed. . I feel better now.. I can move on. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #460
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Apache75
Stats: 183/169.4/135
WOE: lowfat lowcarb
Start Date: restart Feb. 2013
Quote:
Tell me how it feels to be at 171? Do you feel much better. . can you tell in your clothes?
Yes, it feels better than it did 10 lbs ago. I could not button my pants, (used the rubber band trick because I was NOT buying a bigger pair) I can button them now and I do not have rolls of fat showing through my shirts anymore. I need to focus on that victory. But my goal weight is still so far away. I was at my goal weight a year and a half ago. Sigh... I just don't know what happened.
Apache75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #461
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jenn2b
Stats: 256/245/125
WOE: Stillman/Atkins
Start Date: April 2012/Restart Feb. 2013
Hi, fellow losers Only on a weight loss thread like this can that be considered a nice greeting lol. I have been low-carbing for 2 days so far, & off & on for awhile. I'm going to try being way more consistent now, because I'm determined not to experience another fat summer. Having a great support system is key to staying motivated & positive. So, WTG to everybody on here, & lets keep dieting 1 day at a time! - Jenn
Jenn2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #462
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

welcome Jenn

it sounds like we're getting ready for less clothing as the temps warm up...........time to come out swinging for spring!

{{{{{{{{{MMS}}}}}}}}

IM you're soooo close, hang in there!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn2b View Post
Hi, fellow losers Only on a weight loss thread like this can that be considered a nice greeting lol. I have been low-carbing for 2 days so far, & off & on for awhile. I'm going to try being way more consistent now, because I'm determined not to experience another fat summer. Having a great support system is key to staying motivated & positive. So, WTG to everybody on here, & lets keep dieting 1 day at a time! - Jenn
Fat summers suck! I was down to 143 2 summers ago and it was awesome last summer I almost got back up to my old weight and I was in Hawaii and it sucked! You have plenty of time to lose for summer and even if you aren`t at goal then I bet you will still feel great I know I was happy just weighing less!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
CC I love goat cheese!

I like o stuff my chicken with i.

or make a pasta sauce out of it just mix it with some cream in a pan and add whatever spices you want I usually do garlic and maybe some basil, you could eat that on veggies or pour it over chicken or any meat, I have heard its good on salmon.

I also like to make salads sometimes with goat cheese sprinkled on top and I saw a recipe for goat cheese dressing that I thought would be great! It was goat cheese and honey. http://spinachtiger.com/local-lettuc...alad-dressing/

Last edited by Mar922; 02-26-2013 at 12:34 PM..
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #465
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Hmmmmmmm, I've been having trouble staying on plan for about a week now. I was doing so well - I've lost 10 pounds in February. But for the past week I've gained 4, lost 2 gained 1 maintained, etc. I want to end the month with my 10 pound loss and to lose at least that in March. But I'm struggling. I'm not sure what's up! I do know that I was eating a lot of beef and switched to chicken. I'm going to go back to beef after i eat out of my freezer for another few days. As soon as the weather breaks i'll start walking to my office again. But did I mention that I'm really struggling? Grrrrrrrr
Old 02-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #466
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
{{{{{{{{{{{MMS}}}}}}}}} always in my thoughts, too...........life happens........with kids and work and DH in a somewhat stressful gov job I'll bet you have your hands full.
Must of missed this post. Things are more tough than you can imagine but that's a private post, which I will send soon. x Hugs CC
Old 02-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #467
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Day two here . .of my new attitude. . Well.. kinda. .still working on the positive thing.. but I was down .50 yesterday and I did lick frosting off my finger. . There . .I confessed. . I feel better now.. I can move on. .
Down is down, well done. You will be in those jeans int no time!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #468
Major LCF Poster!

Night guys BBT. x
Old 02-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gungadinn1997
WOE: atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Today was my official weigh in and I lost 11 pounds!! I decided to continue on stillman's for now and see how long I last!

Mim...sorry to hear you are struggling! Wishing you on plan vibes!!
gungadinn1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #470
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Hmmmmmmm, I've been having trouble staying on plan for about a week now. I was doing so well - I've lost 10 pounds in February. But for the past week I've gained 4, lost 2 gained 1 maintained, etc. I want to end the month with my 10 pound loss and to lose at least that in March. But I'm struggling. I'm not sure what's up! I do know that I was eating a lot of beef and switched to chicken. I'm going to go back to beef after i eat out of my freezer for another few days. As soon as the weather breaks i'll start walking to my office again. But did I mention that I'm really struggling? Grrrrrrrr
Mim, seriously, you have been doing soooo well, cut yourself some slack! You have been the pillar of strength lately, pat yourself on the back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Must of missed this post. Things are more tough than you can imagine but that's a private post, which I will send soon. x Hugs CC
aww, honey, if it doesn't kill you it will make you stronger......soooo that should make us all Olympians by now, right?

Life is full of changes, nothing ever stays the same. Sometimes that is a good thing, and sometimes it sucks. I keep hearing myself say over and over, 'It wasn't supposed to be this way' re my plans for my Mum and Dad being with me til the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungadinn1997 View Post
Today was my official weigh in and I lost 11 pounds!! I decided to continue on stillman's for now and see how long I last!

OMG girl, inspiration for us all! See, it CAN happen, y'all, just weight for it........

and with that I remain a clueless goat cheese owner, thanks for the suggestions Mar........

good night to all, and to all a good night
Old 02-27-2013, 12:38 AM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungadinn1997 View Post

Well done! Stillman's is the best!!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:49 AM   #472
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks CC my woes seem nothing compared to yours but woes all the same. You are right what does not kill you makes you stronger. Day three here 7.45am! Gotta get through today...here is where slips sometimes occur. I swear I saw GT in past post. Hope she comes back!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:40 AM   #473
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MMS, all of us...........

considering the events of the last year(s) or so, good and bad, gain and loss, I give you this.
Every morning I say, out loud and with great strength,

"Thank you ___________(insert deity) for another glorious day."

It is, truly.

Grab it and run.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:47 AM   #474
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MMS, I would love to see your place.......

Old 02-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #475
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Wednesday morning! Ahhhhh, a new day. I've given thought to what my problem(s) is. So today I'm going to correct some of the bad habits I've fallen into - habits which are causing me to give in to food cravings. I'm going to finish February with my 10 pound loss, and lose at least another 10 in March! So there!

One of the things I know is that weight loss is hard. Not only is it hard to find the right plan, it is hard to stick to it at times. Eating differently than we have for most of our lives is very major. And then for me, and I know this is true for some, (not all) others - there is fear of success. It sounds silly, but it is true. My fat has served a purpose in my life. Not a healthy purpose, but a purpose nonetheless. So, as the saying goes: I'm a work in progress. And I'm going to keep working!
Old 02-27-2013, 07:23 AM   #476
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MIM

snow or rain your way? We have eight inches and it's still falling..........off to shovel
Old 02-27-2013, 07:42 AM   #477
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

CC - rain is on the schedule all day today, turning to snow this evening and snow tomorrow. But we are not expecting much accumulation.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache75 View Post
Yes, it feels better than it did 10 lbs ago. I could not button my pants, (used the rubber band trick because I was NOT buying a bigger pair) I can button them now and I do not have rolls of fat showing through my shirts anymore. I need to focus on that victory. But my goal weight is still so far away. I was at my goal weight a year and a half ago. Sigh... I just don't know what happened.
Life Happens. . it get's us every time. . . .

I want my pants to button up to. . I just needed a reminder. the fat rolls could fall off any time, too. . Thanks for that visual!
Old 02-27-2013, 09:38 AM   #479
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome, Jenn..

You can do it.. you will do it.. Here's to being losers together. .
Old 02-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mim. . You are my inspiration. . .Let's do this together.. I'm feeling more together today. I really think it's because I'm "allowing" myself some interesting foods.. Nothing processed just down to earth . . good for you food! I haven't woke up starving in 2 days and I feel pleasantly satisfied after a quick meal with smaller portions. As I said, I made 'chicken' soup yesterday and did the noodles on the side. Worked Fab! Kids gobbled it down and I was able to enjoy it without feeling guilty.. (Chicken, Broth, and Veggie base).. leftovers for Lunch today (If I feel like it.. I'm really trying to listen to my body and only eat when I really feel hungry. . Water first. . food second. It is almost noon and I'm just thinking breakfast!). . I've been getting more sleep whether I can afford it or not. . so that may have something to do with my attitude.. I'm not sure what it is but I'm trying to grab it and go! (Thanks CC!)

so Let's do this for us! Let's do this because we deserve to be happy, we deserve to look great and we deserve to be healthy. It doesn't matter what other people think or what they do.. .we have to stand up for ourselves and just DO IT!!!

OK. .back to work and breakfast.. yummy!!!