Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 04:13 AM   #391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache75 View Post
I lost 2 lbs!!!!
ALL RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! way to go you!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 04:41 AM   #392
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Thursday morning. Brrrrrrr. I think I officially have a bad case of the Februaries! I'm ready for warmer weather! I have a meeting this morning up in the mountains and it is snowing.

My body is being a brat. My cheat on Tuesday was small but it has done a number on my system. I'll get through this but it is hard. On the bright side, I had the cheat and got right back on plan with no problem. Maybe I'm growing up after all!

Apache - congratulations! I know that feels great!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:45 AM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mim, mature but never grow up!!!!!!!! Stay warm!!!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Ok. .you would think with my stern talk to my bad self, I would learn. . but some skulls are a little thicker. .

I did it. . I cheated. . and it was bad. . very bad. . I was perfect up until about 8:30 last night (walked and everything) and all the while I'm popping very bad chocolaty things in my mouth, I'm talking about why I shouldn't be doing this and before I knew it. .DONE!!

BUT. . I'm over it and discovered (surprisingly) why the chocolate was haunting me so bad yesterday! Stupid TOM!! which probably accounts for the weight gain earlier in the week. Either way, has me feeling better today as I know what the problem is and can fix it now! (but. .it seems like I just did this!). .

Woke up . .drank 2 glasses of water to get my body moving. . downed a cup o java.. waiting until 10:00 to eat my breakfast (ground stuff). . and wll now be having my chicken lunch. .

Play tonight so I won't be able to eat there. .

Congrats on the loss, Apache! Great job. . I'll be joining you in a few short days!

Last edited by IM2fat; 02-21-2013 at 10:34 AM..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #395
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Down 3 of the 4 pounds I gained over the weekend! 1 more lb and I can start losing for real!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #396
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gungadinn1997
WOE: atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Hi all! I've been lurking for a bit but wanted some info/opinions. I started stillmans on tuesday with the plan of doing it for 1 week, but I'm not sure what to do when the week is over...suggestions? I don't think I want to do Stillmans for more than 1 week at a time but don't know whether to lean towards low carb or low fat!

Thanks!

Kim
gungadinn1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #397
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Kim! Why do you only want to do it for one week? It is a great plan! However, if you switch plans, I would most certainly stay low carb. It is by far the healthiest way of living!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #398
Senior LCF Member

Hi Mim! Basically I told my DH and my daughters that I would do a 1 week trial and re-evaluate. I'm actually thinking that i may add a little of something at the end of the first week, but still keep going on stillmans, I'm just not 100% sure and thought I would throw it out there to all of you doing the diet and get some more opinions.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Knock, knock...... May I come back in?? It's been a couple of years (where did the time go???) Gained back some but not all of the weight I lost. Never made it to my goal. Now I need to restart, Glad to see some old friends still here supporting others
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #400
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: complicated
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Quote:
Originally Posted by gungadinn1997 View Post
Hi all! I've been lurking for a bit but wanted some info/opinions. I started stillmans on tuesday with the plan of doing it for 1 week, but I'm not sure what to do when the week is over...suggestions? I don't think I want to do Stillmans for more than 1 week at a time but don't know whether to lean towards low carb or low fat!

Thanks!

Kim
If/when I stop doing Stillmans, I am going back to Atkins (20 net carbs/day). I lost very well doing that in the past. However, this time, I would probably lower the fat, knowing what I know now having tried Stilmans. I never really paid attention to fat on Atkins and I realize it might have been part of the reason I started losing so slowly the closer I got to goal. Coming off Stillmans worries me though. I have to eat out for the first time tomorrow and I'm concerned about hidden oils, etc.
complicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #401
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Knock, knock...... May I come back in?? It's been a couple of years (where did the time go???) Gained back some but not all of the weight I lost. Never made it to my goal. Now I need to restart, Glad to see some old friends still here supporting others
Come in, old friend! And welcome back!
Old 02-22-2013, 03:34 AM   #402
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Howdy Webb! Good to see you !

If you are thinking of doing stillmans for a week (btw good carb detox) you could try doing South beach . Very low carb and not quite as much fat. Doc told hubby to follow it to help with his cholesterol.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:36 AM   #403
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Play was awesome but very long! The kids did high school musical 1 & 2. Lots of singing and Dancing! I was tired just watching them !
Old 02-22-2013, 03:38 AM   #404
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Apache75
Stats: 183/169.4/135
WOE: lowfat lowcarb
Start Date: restart Feb. 2013
Welcome SW!
I was so afraid when I got on the scale this morning my 2 lb loss would be gone but it was still there, holding steady.

I have my first test of the diet this weekend, we are going camping with our camping group. That entails fatty breakfasts cooked over open fire, awesome appetizers coming out all day and my husband is going to be smoking BBQ all day long for us to all have for dinner Sat. night. Then all the desserts start coming out that everyone has made. I asked him to smoke me a pork loin so I can stay on plan. But do you guys know how wonderful a pork shoulder slow smoked for 15 hours tastes (and smells all day cooking) and I am going to miss it? I packed turkey bacon so I can get through the breakfasts. I am just going to have to say no to the appetizers and desserts....an then the cocktails, I forgot about the cocktails! I will pack a couple Michelob Ultras. I hope I can be good. I have worked so hard for these last 2 lbs.
I will be out of the loop this weekend, but I hope everyone stays on plan!
Apache75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:37 AM   #405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG OMG {{{{{{{{{{{SHARON}}}}}}}}}}

been worried about you........since your losses in the family, last year, or was it the year before........needless to say, I'm trying to cope with losing my Dad unexpectedly last fall.......how the heck are you??????
Old 02-22-2013, 05:33 AM   #406
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Friday morning! I had hoped to report a loss, but alas, not today. But that's ok, I'll start losing again. I'm going to get my hair cut this morning - that should take at least 5 pounds off! Actually, I'm just getting it trimmed so I guess I can't count on a loss there. My hair has looked better over this past year than it ever has - I found a great barber! Yup, he is a barber who really knows how to cut and style hair!

Apache, you can do it! It may not be easy, but it will be so worth it!

IM - I was always in plays, as were my kids. My undergrad degree is theatre. I miss those days, both of participating and watching my kids. When I retire I'm going to help out at the local theatre - wherever that may be!

I'm outta here - have a great Friday everyone!
Old 02-22-2013, 06:24 AM   #407
Senior LCF Member

Mim, CCGirl - Thanks Life has had its ups and downs the past couple of years and AGAIN, I negelcted "ME". Yes I did have several losses and unfortunately without "comfort" food to fall back on I didn't cope as well as I thought I would....and then I was upset at myself for not being stronger.... See the vicious cycle beginning?? So I dealt with everything I needed to and now it is ME time. In the past I tended to set VERY high goals for myself.... I am learning to set more reasonable goals now. REASONABLE weight loss is one of them. So here's to the REST of my life......and all of yours!
Old 02-22-2013, 06:27 AM   #408
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
OMG OMG {{{{{{{{{{{SHARON}}}}}}}}}}

been worried about you........since your losses in the family, last year, or was it the year before........needless to say, I'm trying to cope with losing my Dad unexpectedly last fall.......how the heck are you??????

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. Mine is still here but after losing my mom 2 years ago it has been hard on all of us.

Life is continuing at a BLAZING pace And I am hanging on for the ride!
Old 02-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #409
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi Sharon!!!!! Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #410
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Oh Mim, I'm jealous-i would have loved to study drama as my degree!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #411
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Apache75
Stats: 183/169.4/135
WOE: lowfat lowcarb
Start Date: restart Feb. 2013
Has anyone had problems with just not wanting to eat anything? I stocked my fridge with every conceivable legal-ish thing and it ALL seems revolting. I have to put up the pop up camper tonight, in the dark and the rain and I don't think I am going to have the nourishment in me to do it. Maybe the only thing I can imagine choking down is a poached egg.
Apache75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I need something very inspirational to hit me in the face this weekend. . Seriously. . I should probably just go to bed until the "yuckiness" of it all passes!!! Saturday should be a great(er) day!
Old 02-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #413
Senior LCF Member

Hello all! Thanks for the opinions! I'm still going strong and ready for the weekend so I can have some downtime! Gonna cook up a bunch of stuff so I can just reach in the fridge, grab and heat all week! I'm so excited to get to the end of my first week and see the loss! I have been weighing everyday so I know where I'm at, but I want that week total, know what I mean?!

Apache: Yes, sometimes I do! I have found though, that I still have the energy to spend 8 hours on my feet at work all day and put away a 45+ case delivery!

IM: Sorry you've got the yuckies! Sending you some "get thru it" vibes!
Old 02-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #414
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Readytolose60
Stats: 196/181/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 1/26/2013
IM2FAT
Sorry lady I'm back now! I fell off the deep end for several days. Oops but I'm back on track. Not easy but were in this together. I hate cooking for other peopl when I can't eat it ugghh. I'm not in the 170s yet. How are you doing a. Yeah the scale sucks. Lets agree one day per week ok! Fridays or Saturday! Yah?
Readytolose60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #415
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Readytolose60
Stats: 196/181/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 1/26/2013
Hey

IM2FAT
Sorry lady I'm back now! I fell off the deep end for several days. Oops but I'm back on track. Not easy but were in this together. I hate cooking for other peopl when I can't eat it ugghh. I'm not in the 170s yet. How are you doing a. Yeah the scale sucks. Lets agree one day per week ok! Fridays or Saturday! Yah?
Readytolose60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:25 AM   #416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Friday morning! I had hoped to report a loss, but alas, not today. But that's ok, I'll start losing again. I'm going to get my hair cut this morning - that should take at least 5 pounds off! Actually, I'm just getting it trimmed so I guess I can't count on a loss there. My hair has looked better over this past year than it ever has - I found a great barber! Yup, he is a barber who really knows how to cut and style hair!

Apache, you can do it! It may not be easy, but it will be so worth it!

IM - I was always in plays, as were my kids. My undergrad degree is theatre. I miss those days, both of participating and watching my kids. When I retire I'm going to help out at the local theatre - wherever that may be!

I'm outta here - have a great Friday everyone!
A barber? Who knew? Makes sense........plus your hair gets so much healthier on Still's so I'm not surprised it looks great!

Quote:
Mim, CCGirl - Thanks Life has had its ups and downs the past couple of years and AGAIN, I negelcted "ME". Yes I did have several losses and unfortunately without "comfort" food to fall back on I didn't cope as well as I thought I would....and then I was upset at myself for not being stronger.... See the vicious cycle beginning?? So I dealt with everything I needed to and now it is ME time. In the past I tended to set VERY high goals for myself.... I am learning to set more reasonable goals now. REASONABLE weight loss is one of them. So here's to the REST of my life......and all of yours!
Quote:
I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. Mine is still here but after losing my mom 2 years ago it has been hard on all of us.

Life is continuing at a BLAZING pace And I am hanging on for the ride!
Thanks SW, we learned pretty quickly that there is no rest for the greiving.....probate, document gathering, restraining order for the stepkids, selecting professionals (lawyer, plumber, yard man) she insists if I had not been on the phone with her each night for an hour she would have fallen apart....we still talk every night.

Every day is precious.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
as if ye aren't dramatic enough (kidding) wuv you girl

although teaching (you) and clergy (Mim) must be, to a degree, like the stage, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache75 View Post
Has anyone had problems with just not wanting to eat anything? I stocked my fridge with every conceivable legal-ish thing and it ALL seems revolting. I have to put up the pop up camper tonight, in the dark and the rain and I don't think I am going to have the nourishment in me to do it. Maybe the only thing I can imagine choking down is a poached egg.
Pach, my Mum has this. Make up a huge batch of tuna salad or egg salad, the bit of fat might stimulate your appetite...dunno

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I need something very inspirational to hit me in the face this weekend. . Seriously. . I should probably just go to bed until the "yuckiness" of it all passes!!! Saturday should be a great(er) day!
IM, every day you wake up and are standing on top of the grass is a good day.

I hate to sound corny and rah rah but I really do beleive this, now more than ever.......

So, today I venture out into the forest to gather and hunt. I am going to the 'cheep' grocery store (like Aldi) where you bag your own. Last month when I went there were three Mercedes and one BMW in the parking lot

We are in full austerity mode in anticipation of the move, I had not gone to that grocery on a regular basis for awhile, foolish me.

I am selling off my hoards of glassware and things, I have a bunch of classic rock albums that will be going up. Ten years ago I couldn't give them away, now Led Zeppelin albums fetch 20 bucks each and more......
Old 02-23-2013, 05:38 AM   #417
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
It was great fun and has served me well! And it is never too late, you know!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:43 AM   #418
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Ahhhhh, IM - sounds like you have a bad case of the Februaries! Look at pictures of Disney! Imagine the sun shining and how good it will feel walking around in the warm and happy place! And remember how good you will feel doing it! When we went in October I had a long stretch of being on plan and had dropped a size. I word skorts and while I might not have done that locally, I felt really good. Anyway, remember that the sun will come out! And being on plan not only causes us to lose weight, but it makes us feel good physically and emotionally! Oh my, can you tell I'm preaching to me too?
Old 02-23-2013, 05:48 AM   #419
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Saturday morning! Alas, no weight loss yet this week. Tuesday is my weigh in - it would be nice to show at least .5! I've a meeting this afternoon that I will walk to, maybe that will help. I need to remember that whatever happens, I've already lost 10 pounds this month.

Did I mention how much I love my hairdresser? : ) I know what I want my hair to look like. If any of you have watched Monarch of the Glen, I want Molly's hair. So yesterday I was showing him picture and he told me it would take me about 8 months to get it to that length. Not a very long time in the scheme of things. And in the meantime my hair looks good.

I'm off to do nothing in particular until 2 when I have a meeting. I hate Saturday meetings!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:54 AM   #420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mim, we are your choir and congregagtion, preach away !

I agree, the February doldrums are depressing, Dh wants to play tractors and he gets pretty grumpy from Groundhog Day to about when the clocks spring ahead.

Then, hope springs eternal with the coming of St. Patricks' Day, and the viewing of 'The Quiet Man' starring the Duke, John Wayne.

And so the rebirth of the Earth is witnessed yet again and she rises from her wintry slumber. If you look closely at the trees you will see buds on the branches even now, an encouraging sign that warmth is on the way.