Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 06:48 AM   #361
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Oh IM, I'm so glad you and your family are going on this adventure! You will have such a wonderful time! How long are you staying there?
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2013, 06:50 AM   #362
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

For those who are not losing, remember that as long as you are on plan, you will lose. But there is always another possibility - I you are on plan and you go a long time without losing, perhaps a trip to the dr. to have your thyroid checked might be in order.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FitMommyNow
Stats: 280/235/160
WOE: No Sugar, No Grains, No Dairy, No Nuts
Great job Mim!!! That is a wonderful loss!

I'm still on plan. Made a batch of ground chicken and chili spices yesterday for the next few days. Also have some little meatballs made from lean beef.

I will likely weigh again on Friday.
FitMommyNow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #364
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BucketGirl24
Great weight loss Mim! 3.5lbs is amazing. I agree with the salt thing. I had no idea how much salt I was consuming. I cut it down and lost 4lbs in 2 days after an almost 8 day stall.

Mar I love to read the reviews on the protein powders before I buy them. I tend to do a lot of research first and all of these got really good taste reviews.
The Molten lava cake and peanut butter marshmallow are both my cellucor. They have a lot of protein and are loaded with great stuff. They are also really low in carbs. They also have cinnamon swirl which has almost perfect taste reviews. Everyone says it tastes like cinnamon toast crunch, but I not a big fan of cinnamon if it's not from cinnabon. They have whipped vanilla, cookies and cream and strawberry milkshake which most people say tastes like nesquik.

The peanut butter cookie dough (I'm really looking forward to this one) is by Gaspari Myofusion. It's their protein elite brand. All of these proteins are basically brand new.
BucketGirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketGirl24 View Post
Great weight loss Mim! 3.5lbs is amazing. I agree with the salt thing. I had no idea how much salt I was consuming. I cut it down and lost 4lbs in 2 days after an almost 8 day stall.

Mar I love to read the reviews on the protein powders before I buy them. I tend to do a lot of research first and all of these got really good taste reviews.
The Molten lava cake and peanut butter marshmallow are both my cellucor. They have a lot of protein and are loaded with great stuff. They are also really low in carbs. They also have cinnamon swirl which has almost perfect taste reviews. Everyone says it tastes like cinnamon toast crunch, but I not a big fan of cinnamon if it's not from cinnabon. They have whipped vanilla, cookies and cream and strawberry milkshake which most people say tastes like nesquik.

The peanut butter cookie dough (I'm really looking forward to this one) is by Gaspari Myofusion. It's their protein elite brand. All of these proteins are basically brand new.
I love all things PB so once you get them if you could let me know if they really are as good as the reviews say that would be great! I don't normally drink protein powder but I like them for mornings when I don't have time for breakfast or just when I need a treat, I like to make protein balls as snacks!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
I was up 2 lbs today! Thats 4 since Thursday.

Maybe the weekend is catching up with me or maybe its lack of water . I don't know but I am gonna gonna do stills again til its off, I had some low carb bread today so I will eat low carb the rest of the day and start stills again tomorrow.... I haven't done strict stills in a while, lately I have done more of a dukan type thing and once this small gain is off I will probably do that again we will see I would love to be at 140 by March 4th when I go start classes again, right now I am on spring break and then I have mid term....Boo!

Remember when I worked at a college and got to subject students to exams and now I have to take them... How the tables have turned haha
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #367
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Candy1974
Stats: 98/94.2/68 (kg)
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 28 Oct 2013
No No No!!! I fell of the wagon again. With the Champix/Chantix as well. After a month on the meds i became depro. This was my 3rd and last attempt with the meds. I will be trying the nicotine patches on Friday. But I WILL quit after being quit for 14 days.
P.S. It's difficult being on a strict diet while quitting.

Anyway back to food. I don't think we should overload on water while eliminating salt totally. Something to do with electrolite imbalance?

I will be strict Stillman's as from Thursday. I need to finish all the salad I bought over the weekend.

And running around between ill family, parents and being on this emotional roller coaster ride did not do my eating habits any good.

BUT I WILL GET THERE EVENTUALLY. PERIOD. With Stillman's and patches.

Great losses guys! Those of you that stall, go easy on the salt and egg yolks.
Candy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #368
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
someone mentioned protein shakes. i think CC would agree, that real food works best on stillmans. Meat especially! I do a lot of eggs and lowfat cheese at maintenance, but if I start going a little out of bounds, going right back to the meat puts me in check.
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Just a quick check in.. Thought my hives were gone but my legs and hands are still swollen. . Guess I'll give it another day. . gonna take more Benedryl. .

Here's looking at a better tomorrow. . :-) I did ok as far as my eating today. . but I did have a little salad and dressing but I stayed away from the ham and burger!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Candy! Just keep on trying. . that's all you can do. One day at a time. .
Old 02-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mim: Weigh to go!!! You are my hero. .
Old 02-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
{{{{{{{{{{{SHREEM}}}}}}}}}}

WTG y'all, we're alive and sorta on plan............I'll take it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:19 AM   #373
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Candy1974
Stats: 98/94.2/68 (kg)
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 28 Oct 2013
Hey all. I have decide to start today and not wait til tomorrow. So tonight I will be having skinless chicken breasts ad tobasco sauce! The hot sauce keeps my bowels on the move.... lol.
Have a great day one and all!
Candy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:56 AM   #374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wtg candy!

Ok this us really getting stupid. I'm up again!! 2 pounds from where I was! Sigh. I will sti k to it today but I won't enjoy it :-(
Old 02-20-2013, 05:36 AM   #375
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Wednesday morning! Oh IM - how unfair is that! I hope tomorrow the scale is kinder!

Candy, good for you for starting now! I just put my chicken of the day in the crockpot!

I had a little weight loss detour yesterday. Nothing horrible but I do need to go to the store today and get a few things that will make days like yesterday a bit easier. Although, I feel like I got it out of my system, and I didn't eat way off plan. Maybe this old dog is learning new tricks!

It is snowing this morning. So what else is new?
Old 02-20-2013, 06:18 AM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FitMommyNow
Stats: 280/235/160
WOE: No Sugar, No Grains, No Dairy, No Nuts
Freezing rain and a bit of snow coming here today. Stayed on plan all day yesterday. Not weighing until the weekend but don't feel like I'm losing anything either. Still going to stay the course as I feel good on this and have higher energy.

Hang tight everyone! We'll all see good losses in due time.
FitMommyNow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy1974 View Post
Hey all. I have decide to start today and not wait til tomorrow. So tonight I will be having skinless chicken breasts ad tobasco sauce! The hot sauce keeps my bowels on the move.... lol.
Have a great day one and all!
must remember that one......hang in there, Candy, one drama at a time.........life is a rollercoaster sometimes, just hang on for the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Wtg candy!

Ok this us really getting stupid. I'm up again!! 2 pounds from where I was! Sigh. I will sti k to it today but I won't enjoy it :-(
IM stay off the scale for awhile maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Wednesday morning! Oh IM - how unfair is that! I hope tomorrow the scale is kinder!

Candy, good for you for starting now! I just put my chicken of the day in the crockpot!

I had a little weight loss detour yesterday. Nothing horrible but I do need to go to the store today and get a few things that will make days like yesterday a bit easier. Although, I feel like I got it out of my system, and I didn't eat way off plan. Maybe this old dog is learning new tricks!

It is snowing this morning. So what else is new?
we had another 4 to 5 inches.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMommyNow View Post
Freezing rain and a bit of snow coming here today. Stayed on plan all day yesterday. Not weighing until the weekend but don't feel like I'm losing anything either. Still going to stay the course as I feel good on this and have higher energy.

Hang tight everyone! We'll all see good losses in due time.
you go girl

and the winds are howling again today.....dreaming of the move to FL.......
Old 02-20-2013, 06:56 AM   #378
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

CC- when are you moving?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #379
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Apache75
Stats: 183/169.4/135
WOE: lowfat lowcarb
Start Date: restart Feb. 2013
Hi Candy! Good luck on your first day!

IM so sorry. It will give soon.

The scale finally moved downward! It was only 3 oz but it still makes me happy! I need to drink more water, I think I am dehydrated and I need to eat more calories than I have been. I had some tuna for lunch today and it is making me feel better.
I lost 30 lbs very quickly on Stillmans before and I know it will work. I am trying to not let the slow loss get to me. One thing my feet look thinner and much less Fred Flintstone.
Apache75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. . so I talked to myself rather sternly this morning and decided the following:

1. I'm not drinking enough water
2. I am probably consuming too much hidden salt (alas, the need for more water!)
3. I need to stick to chicken and tuna and forgo the beef this week
4. No Spirits of any kind. . None!!!
5. I will not eat until I am hungry
6. I am going to log my food for the next 4 days and track how many calories I am actually consuming
7. I will smile
8. I will not let the dumb, lying scale dictate my mood!!!
9. I will continue to cheer on my fellow losers because I know if they can do it, so can I!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We have a dusting of snow only - ice last night. . . . I hope it holds off. My son is in his final high school play this weekend (High School Musical I & II).. and I would hate to see them cancel it. He's been working so hard for the last few months and we've been having to deal with the Diva in him.. he gets pretty wound up about all of it. .
Old 02-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
CC- when are you moving?
Mom is readying the duplex to list very shortly. When it sells then we begin the house hunt.
I have been studying the demographics, economies and tax rates in our preferred areas. I have houses saved that we have looked at. As soon as it sells we begin visiting the area.
DH thinks it will be over a year but I don't. We can't put him through another winter, he is in so much pain when it's really cold, and all these stairs are not a good thing.
I have been listing on ebay like mad to clear the hoarded vintage Pyrex and Corelle.
When the pantry is no longer stacked three feet high with totes full of glassware then I start on the attic, which actually has boxes from 1991 when we moved up here that were never unpacked.
Are you still considering moving to Chi towm? Horribly expensive.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache75 View Post
Hi Candy! Good luck on your first day!

IM so sorry. It will give soon.

The scale finally moved downward! It was only 3 oz but it still makes me happy! I need to drink more water, I think I am dehydrated and I need to eat more calories than I have been. I had some tuna for lunch today and it is making me feel better.
I lost 30 lbs very quickly on Stillmans before and I know it will work. I am trying to not let the slow loss get to me. One thing my feet look thinner and much less Fred Flintstone.
I'm sure your feet are thanking you.....great attitude, girl!!!!!!

Quote:
OK. . so I talked to myself rather sternly this morning and decided the following:

1. I'm not drinking enough water
2. I am probably consuming too much hidden salt (alas, the need for more water!)
3. I need to stick to chicken and tuna and forgo the beef this week
4. No Spirits of any kind. . None!!!
5. I will not eat until I am hungry
6. I am going to log my food for the next 4 days and track how many calories I am actually consuming
7. I will smile
8. I will not let the dumb, lying scale dictate my mood!!!
9. I will continue to cheer on my fellow losers because I know if they can do it, so can I!
IM you rock!

Quote:
We have a dusting of snow only - ice last night. . . . I hope it holds off. My son is in his final high school play this weekend (High School Musical I & II).. and I would hate to see them cancel it. He's been working so hard for the last few months and we've been having to deal with the Diva in him.. he gets pretty wound up about all of it. .
awww.........make sure you record it so you can embarass him when he gets engaged........

Last edited by CCGirl; 02-20-2013 at 03:57 PM..
Old 02-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #383
Senior LCF Member

CC: the nice thing about stillmans group is you can live anywhere in the world and be connected to us!! virtual support groups are awesome!

chicken breast, eggs, 1 piece lowfat cheese and some low fat sliced beef today. I feel great!

eat your low fat proteins everyone and stay low on calories. You will loose that appetite and no longer be ruled by it!!

Last edited by Shreem; 02-20-2013 at 04:38 PM..
Old 02-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #384
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: complicated
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Today was Day 9 and things are going pretty well. Made some great chicken soup with chicken breast boiled in low sodium broth with a little celery salt. Trying to balance the salt intake with lots of water.

I really would love to keep this up because my clothes do feel looser. I have not been weighing myself because I can't handle that psychologically yet. Just going by my clothes until I can do the scale thing.
complicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:43 AM   #385
Senior LCF Member

candy, thanks for the hot sauce tip. i have never heard of that one. also love your avatar! good going with getting started right away.

so glad to read everyone's post. stay on plan everyday and all day!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:36 AM   #386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Comp, ya gotta hang in there!!!!!!!!! It's barely a month for you...wait for the snowball, months from now you will be waving goodbye to the old you!!!!!!!!!

Yep, Shreem, our virtual meeting room is def portable.......looking forward to chillin' by the pool with you guys instead of cringing at another weather report like today's...........wind chill -6, blustery winds all day, high 30 but will feel like 20 with the winds..........
Old 02-21-2013, 04:47 AM   #387
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LMAO, us clumsy Americans......

BBC News - US tyre boss mocks French work ethic
Old 02-21-2013, 04:54 AM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This is a long read but it's an eye opener regarding the marketing of processed foods.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/24/ma...gewanted=print

"With production costs trimmed and profits coming in, the next question was how to expand the franchise, which they did by turning to one of the cardinal rules in processed food: When in doubt, add sugar."

Last edited by CCGirl; 02-21-2013 at 04:59 AM..
Old 02-21-2013, 05:08 AM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Along with the rest of the snack-food industry, Frito-Lay anticipated lower sales because of an aging population, and marketing plans were adjusted to focus even more intently on younger consumers.

Except that snack sales didn’t decline as everyone had projected, Frito-Lay’s doomed product launches notwithstanding. Poring over data one day in his home office, trying to understand just who was consuming all the snack food, Riskey realized that he and his colleagues had been misreading things all along. They had been measuring the snacking habits of different age groups and were seeing what they expected to see, that older consumers ate less than those in their 20s. But what they weren’t measuring, Riskey realized, is how those snacking habits of the boomers compared to themselves when they were in their 20s. When he called up a new set of sales data and performed what’s called a cohort study, following a single group over time, a far more encouraging picture — for Frito-Lay, anyway — emerged. The baby boomers were not eating fewer salty snacks as they aged. “In fact, as those people aged, their consumption of all those segments — the cookies, the crackers, the candy, the chips — was going up,” Riskey said. “They were not only eating what they ate when they were younger, they were eating more of it.” In fact, everyone in the country, on average, was eating more salty snacks than they used to. The rate of consumption was edging up about one-third of a pound every year, with the average intake of snacks like chips and cheese crackers pushing past 12 pounds a year.

Riskey had a theory about what caused this surge: Eating real meals had become a thing of the past. Baby boomers, especially, seemed to have greatly cut down on regular meals. They were skipping breakfast when they had early-morning meetings. They skipped lunch when they then needed to catch up on work because of those meetings. They skipped dinner when their kids stayed out late or grew up and moved out of the house. And when they skipped these meals, they replaced them with snacks. “We looked at this behavior, and said, ‘Oh, my gosh, people were skipping meals right and left,’ ” Riskey told me. “It was amazing.” This led to the next realization, that baby boomers did not represent “a category that is mature, with no growth. This is a category that has huge growth potential.”

The food technicians stopped worrying about inventing new products and instead embraced the industry’s most reliable method for getting consumers to buy more: the line extension. The classic Lay’s potato chips were joined by Salt & Vinegar, Salt & Pepper and Cheddar & Sour Cream. They put out Chili-Cheese-flavored Fritos, and Cheetos were transformed into 21 varieties. Frito-Lay had a formidable research complex near Dallas, where nearly 500 chemists, psychologists and technicians conducted research that cost up to $30 million a year, and the science corps focused intense amounts of resources on questions of crunch, mouth feel and aroma for each of these items. Their tools included a $40,000 device that simulated a chewing mouth to test and perfect the chips, discovering things like the perfect break point: people like a chip that snaps with about four pounds of pressure per square inch.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:10 AM   #390
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Apache75
Stats: 183/169.4/135
WOE: lowfat lowcarb
Start Date: restart Feb. 2013
I lost 2 lbs!!!!
Apache75 is offline   Reply With Quote