Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 06:37 AM   #301
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Complicated! Glad you came out of hiding. . We love it when we can draw new ones out~!

Mim. .congrats girl! That's the way to get it done. .

CC: your place is Awesome. . I would love to move away from this snow. .but I think I would miss spring/fall the most. . I just love when the world opens back up after a long snow!! Snow = I wouldn't miss a bit. . the nice powdery stuff only lasts so long. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Mim, congrats on the loss and have a great day.

RTL, Mim, slow and steady wins the race.

IM you sound miserable, I hope the hives go away soon.

After over thirty years living in the frozen North I have always wanted to return to FL where I grew up.

The snow is pretty at the holidays, and then by February when you'e had to go out and plow/shovel every weekend or every other day; you have to put on a snowsuit to change your kitty litter every day; you have to leave your horses inside because it's 20 below and there's a 25 MPH wind; you need 100 gallons of heating oil which might last a month and scurry to come up with 400.00; and your DH is in agony from getting banged up in the plow truck; he worries about you shoveling that thick, heavy 'heart attack' snow; you begin to realize that it's pretty when you're looking at it from inside where it's warm.

Enough, I say, let me hang Christmas lights on palm trees, garden year round, and light a fire when the temps drop to 40 during a 'cold' spell.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FitMommyNow
Stats: 280/235/160
WOE: No Sugar, No Grains, No Dairy, No Nuts
Hi Everyone,

I tried Stillmans last year and only made it a few days. Last Monday I started on something close to Stillmans (lean meat, eggs, and just a couple of cups of steamed veg). I started Monday, TOM arrived Tuesday and yet by the following Tuesday (despite TOM) I had lost over 8 pounds!

Now, I'm in my second week (eating exactly the same) and have not lost another ounce. The scale reads 215.4 each morning.

Is a stall common on Stillmans?

I'm eating eggs for breakfast, lean Jennie O ground turkey for lunch, and dinner is normally a skinless chicken breast with a couple of cups of broccoli or green beans or spinach.

I eat the veg because on straight meat I get terrible acid reflux.

Just curious to see if this has happened to others. Thanks!
FitMommyNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #304
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi FM I remember you! It sounds like your doing one of the other Stillman diets which adds a cup of vegetables with lunch and dinner.

I don't recall anyone having the reflux problem on meat. On grain, yeppers, but not on meat.

Are you at the watering trough enough? Your fat cells fill up with water then flush with each loss.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Hi FM I remember you! It sounds like your doing one of the other Stillman diets which adds a cup of vegetables with lunch and dinner.

I don't recall anyone having the reflux problem on meat. On grain, yeppers, but not on meat.

Are you at the watering trough enough? Your fat cells fill up with water then flush with each loss.
Drinking water insanely. Sooooo thirsty. Had about 100oz this morning, another 32 oz at the zoo this afternoon and more since.

I will try to do straight meat. Might be easier now since I've been on meat/veg ten days.

Turning 40 in slightly over 2 weeks. Highly motivated....that is an understatement.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:17 PM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Readytolose60
Stats: 196/181/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 1/26/2013
I am getting discouraged. I've been stalling around the same weight for about 6 days now. The scale even says I'm a lb heavier. And I don't know what to do. Maybe this diet isn't working for me? I've been committed,following the rules and my scale won't move, one day I'm at 179.8 and then back up to 180.6 again. I've given up ketchup and keeping cals under 900 everyday. Help please!! I'm drinking plenty of water and it's not helping.
Readytolose60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:05 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readytolose60 View Post
I am getting discouraged. I've been stalling around the same weight for about 6 days now. The scale even says I'm a lb heavier. And I don't know what to do. Maybe this diet isn't working for me? I've been committed,following the rules and my scale won't move, one day I'm at 179.8 and then back up to 180.6 again. I've given up ketchup and keeping cals under 900 everyday. Help please!! I'm drinking plenty of water and it's not helping.
I'm right there with you! I'm waiting out the stall because I know it has to break at some point, right?

Where are you in your monthly cycle? I personally don't lose well mid-month for about ten days due to ovulation. Then I get a whoosh.

I'm hoping that is my problem now. Hang in there. Let's give it a bit more time.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:09 AM   #308
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Sunday morning! Well, it was bound to happen, no loss this morning. That's fine - I've been losing everyday and losses will show up again.

FitMommy and ReadytoLose - post your menus - maybe we can spot something. But if you are on plan, try not to worry about the scale. It will move. Honest!

I have a before church meeting. Ug I'll catch ya'll later!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:08 AM   #309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

paaaaaaaaaatience, y'all........some of us had stalls that lasted months.........

are you excersizing? that usually kickstarts things...........
Old 02-17-2013, 05:38 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
paaaaaaaaaatience, y'all........some of us had stalls that lasted months.........

are you excersizing? that usually kickstarts things...........
I'm doing ChaLean Extreme and Tae Bo for some cardio. I have to remember that I'm building muscle too and that can wreak havoc with the scale.

DH took some pictures of the girls and I at the zoo yesterday and I look far slimmer than I did before starting this WOE. I will stay the course and not let the scale get me down.

Mim - I'm eating eggs, ground turkey, chicken, bit of lean beef and a couple cups of steamed veggies a day. I drink coffee and water only (no AS, dairy, or processed/salty meat).

I didn't weigh today. Figured it would show me the same 215.4 and I didn't need to see it again.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:38 AM   #311
Senior LCF Member

All day I am under 900 calories usually-almost always. I eat a lot of eggs, with seasonings, some broiled chicken and some very low calorie white fish(extremely low fat) broiled...I eat all these meats as well as some tuna in water with a little bouillon. And drinking my water...pretty sure I'm good but not losing much. I don't wanna stall for months, and I haven't been working out but I am getting in a walk everyday.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #312
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Apache75
Stats: 183/169.4/135
WOE: lowfat lowcarb
Start Date: restart Feb. 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
On the flip side. .I wonder if all these stupid hives have anything to do with it. I've been miserable the last 2 days and the swelling and itching will not subside. My fingers are just sausages . . I'm pretty sure I have it pinpointed this time around. . my doc gave me some happy pills . . and every time I take them, I break out terribly. . I'm thinking its the blue dye on them. . so I guess I'd rather be depressed than fat!! LOL. . The benedryl knocks me right out so if anyone has any suggestions for itching. . I'd gladly listen. I've tried Epson Salt baths, etc. . (it took me almost 4 years of this to figure out I was allergic to Venison. . so allergic that I break out if hubby or the kids eat it). .
I would not doubt that the hives are very much an issue. If you are swelling you must be holding water.
I have a terrible head cold and I know I am holding gallons of water inside my head right now!

Everyone with stalling issues I agree with CC we need patience! I am going to chant that to myself today. Logically if we are eating such low calories something has to be happening behind the scenes.

CC the house looks amazing! Florida is an amazing place!

I finally got a new scale Friday and learned the real horrible number. 173 lbs.
Higher than I hoped for. Then add insult to injury today after being way under 800 calories I was up to 174.4 today. I did have to chug sweet cough syrup, and take cold pills for a terrible head cold and endless coughing fits.
I am making homemade beef broth today. I am craving soup. I will strain every single molecule of fat out of that I can.
Apache75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #313
Senior LCF Member

I cheated today. First time in about 3 weeks. I feel really discouraged guys...and now what? I ate a few bites of mashed potatoes and chicken salad. I am mad about it but I also feel stuck cause of the stall. What do I do to get back on track? I mean..what's the consequences of my cheat today? First time...I was doing so well and eating so low calories and when my scale didn't move I felt like maybe I am just not getting anywhere. Ok I'm done whining now, but do I just continue and will my scale be way up in the am cause of my little oops?
Old 02-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #314
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Apache75
Stats: 183/169.4/135
WOE: lowfat lowcarb
Start Date: restart Feb. 2013
No worries RTL. Its Ok. The diet I am on allows for a weekly cheat meal so that it is not such a psychological grind and so that you can have a chance to go out socially. You just don't go over the top calorically and then get right back on track the next meal. No guilt at all. A little chicken salad and mashed potatoes doesn't even sound like a cheat meal and not very many calories. Worst that can happen is a little retained WATER (not fat) that will be gone in a day or two.
Apache75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #315
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Ready, take a deep breath and relax - all will be well. What to do? Just stay on plan from this moment on. The scale shouldn't go up, but if it does, just remember that what goes up must come down again! Be patient with your weight loss. I know it is hard but it will happen. Honest!
Old 02-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache75 View Post
No worries RTL. Its Ok. The diet I am on allows for a weekly cheat meal so that it is not such a psychological grind and so that you can have a chance to go out socially. You just don't go over the top calorically and then get right back on track the next meal. No guilt at all. A little chicken salad and mashed potatoes doesn't even sound like a cheat meal and not very many calories. Worst that can happen is a little retained WATER (not fat) that will be gone in a day or two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Ready, take a deep breath and relax - all will be well. What to do? Just stay on plan from this moment on. The scale shouldn't go up, but if it does, just remember that what goes up must come down again! Be patient with your weight loss. I know it is hard but it will happen. Honest!
Well said ! One day at a time ! No loathing, you came, you ate, move on !

Old 02-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BBare
Stats: (210/ 139 /125) 5'9.5
WOE: LOW FAT/ LC for wt loss, Atkins~Mnt VERY LOW CARBS
I'M BACK!!!

Hi Ladies!

I hope you remember me, my name is Beth and I was here almost 2.5 yrs. ago. I absolutely LOVE Stills. It works and it works LIGHTNING FAST, and I adore it.

SO, great newz. I am only about 13 lbs off the mark. I went through a divorce and it was a nightmare. My focus was way off and didn't really care what I ate or drank. SO here I am, back and ready to rock. Has AL been around of late. It's great to see all the usual suspects are still here and doing great. GT, CC Girl, etc. hi ladies

So, I'm hoping I can lost 20 this month. I want to weird something else other than the 3, falling apart as I've worn them for 2 yrs. straight, dresses. I've not put on a pair of jeans in a while. I'm a weirdo like that. Oh the psychology of weight and what we do to psyche ourselves out.

SO, here's the plan. NO ALCOHOL for a solid month and workout and eat only lean plain protein. Let's getter done once and for all!

So glad to be back and have your support once again.

Hugs,
Beth
BBare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #318
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
hello all...just doing a drive-by.

Have been maintaining through visitors...put the last one on the plane this morning so no more Disney, no more restaurant meals, etc. for a month. Hope to get some more loss going in the next 4 weeks.

Am in midst of cleaning/laundry/grocery shopping today (amazing how much work houseguests make, isn't it?)

Will have more time to catch up on the forum and will be back to chat later in the week.

Hope everyone's doing well.
Happy losing!
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #319
Senior LCF Member

May I ask how strict everyone is for consistent weight loss?

Straight meat all the time? Some veggies? Who does cheat meals? Who enjoys a bit of wine?
Old 02-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #320
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Beth! Welcome back! Al doesn't post here anymore. You will get the weight off quickly, but you already know that, eh?
Old 02-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #321
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Cathy - congratulations for maintaining while you had company! You will rock it while you don't have company!
Old 02-17-2013, 02:37 PM   #322
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMommyNow View Post
May I ask how strict everyone is for consistent weight loss?

Straight meat all the time? Some veggies? Who does cheat meals? Who enjoys a bit of wine?

I stay pretty strict. And I don't do cheat meals. But sometimes I eat off plan because I eat what I'm served when I go to a parishioner's house. And sometimes I eat veggies/salad when I go out to eat. And when I go out, I often have 1 glass of red wine. That doesn't happen very often. I don't have the will power to do cheat meals!
Old 02-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I stay pretty strict. And I don't do cheat meals. But sometimes I eat off plan because I eat what I'm served when I go to a parishioner's house. And sometimes I eat veggies/salad when I go out to eat. And when I go out, I often have 1 glass of red wine. That doesn't happen very often. I don't have the will power to do cheat meals!
Thanks Mim! Are you a pastor? Love the Marilyn avi.

I am finishing up some veggies today but plan a week of straight meat starting tomorrow. I'd love it if I could include a bit of red wine here and there on the weekend. That's all I really miss.

My 4 y.o. is trying to feed me her hummus and carrots right now.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #324
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMommyNow View Post
Thanks Mim! Are you a pastor? Love the Marilyn avi.

I am finishing up some veggies today but plan a week of straight meat starting tomorrow. I'd love it if I could include a bit of red wine here and there on the weekend. That's all I really miss.

My 4 y.o. is trying to feed me her hummus and carrots right now.
Yes, I'm a pastor in a mainline denomination! I'm going to celebrate 25 years of ordained minister in a few months!

Red wine probably won't make you gain, but our bodies burn off the alcohol before it burns of fat. If an occasional glass helps you stay on, then go for it! Remember we have two things going on - we are losing weight and we are learning a new way of eating for life. For me, sometimes my focus is on losing weight as quickly as I can, and at other times my focus is just eating the way I will always eat - which will always be lower carb/fat.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yes, I'm a pastor in a mainline denomination! I'm going to celebrate 25 years of ordained minister in a few months!

Red wine probably won't make you gain, but our bodies burn off the alcohol before it burns of fat. If an occasional glass helps you stay on, then go for it! Remember we have two things going on - we are losing weight and we are learning a new way of eating for life. For me, sometimes my focus is on losing weight as quickly as I can, and at other times my focus is just eating the way I will always eat - which will always be lower carb/fat.
Congratulations! That is a wonderful accomplishment and service to your congregation.

I think I'm going to tee total it until my birthday in early March and then have a bit of red vino.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #326
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Riri
Stats: 154/138/130
WOE: Stillman's
Hi everyone! This is my first post. Like the other new comers, I've been following this forum for a while (lurking) and decided it's about time I become active. I started stillman's around the same time as Ready to lose (my starting weight was 154). Funny thing is, I faced the same problems! Not losing weight for a whole week before the whoosh fairy paid me a visit. Few days later the weight stalled again. Luckily, I figured out that salt was the culprit! I never knew how much sodium I've been consuming till I started reading the labels. So I guess this goes to RTL : try reducing salt and don't give up!!! We can do this!
You are all so inspiring! I'm really glad to join this forum!
Thanks all for sharing your journey with this diet cause it really helps.
And keep losing

Last edited by Riri; 02-17-2013 at 08:08 PM..
Riri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:18 AM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Okay I am back on track..for one week now I haven't seen much change on the scale so now that were into a new week, hopefully my scale will budge this week! It's so hard to look at myself and see any difference but I noticed today maybe I just can't see it cause I have been overweight for too long...? I am pretty sure before these last three weeks I was probably eating around 2500 or more per day from cheese, breads, alcohol, chocolates...etc. and now that I've been on this diet for almost three weeks strict stillmans...I can't imagine how my body is taking this lol eating 800-900 calories per day! Wow. That's quite the difference. So I'm 181.4 and I'm dying to be in the 170's still. So maybe I will have to do something different? Anyway Getting There are you in the 170's finally? I know you have also been excited!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:19 AM   #328
Senior LCF Member

Anything is better then feeling fat. I never thought I could do this, but I have already felt a little change in my confidence and wow...this is so much better then chocolate lol. And eating like a horse...
Old 02-18-2013, 02:53 AM   #329
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BucketGirl24
I'm sorry to hear that you cheated and you feel bad for it. I've cheated a couple of times. Mostly when I feel discouraged, but you just forget that you cheated and start back on the diet the next day like nothing happened. Don't wait til monday or wait until the next month. Getting right back on the wagon is the best way to show that cheat meal who's boss.

Quick question. Has anyone ever used protein powders while doing Stillman's? Has it affected your weight loss at all? I hope everyone has a great and prosperous week this week!
BucketGirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:14 AM   #330
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Welcome complicated!!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote