Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
IM will you be making your lasagne LC with Dreamfields?

Unfortunately there is no LC sub for garlic bread. If there were I would be eating it 24/7
Umm. .Nope. . I won't be. . and I won't be eating it. (and I didn't ) . .let all the fatties enjoy!!! They were mostly men anyway, they can spare it!!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readytolose60 View Post
Whoever told me seasonings will help with the palette when I was *****ing about giving up ketchup is totally right on! I never imagined it would really work but it sure does something cause it tasted like I must have been breaking a rule! It was yummy..chicken seasoning on broiled chicken and eggs. Wow...fabulous! Well according to my scale guys, I am either 180.4 or 83lbs...I get a different number in two different rooms. No idea why this would be...but anyway thanks for the seasons advice. I cannot wait to be in the 170's..I'm really glad I found this place cause every story I've read seems positive, and I am too impatient for any other diet..to wait months...to lose a few pounds. I haven't been on the 170's in three years...so this is gonna be cool. Thanks all,
Seasoning is what gets me through. . there is nothing like a sprinkle of this or a bit of that to keep the palate happy. .That's all it takes. .

i think I mentioned (but I'm too lazy to scroll back so bear with me!). . That on top of the seasonings, I really love to use vinegar on thing. Between that and the hot sauce, I should buy stock!!! you'd be amazed,. . read your labels there are some other funky things you can do . . Like you can use diet Cherry Pepsi or Coke to make an interesting BBQ Chicken.. just be careful with diet pop. . you don't want to use it very often or it will trigger cravings. Your body sees it as sugar and wants more and more. .

Yippe.. glad you found us, too!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ready: Stick with me. . I won't steer you wrong. .LOL

Mar: Great Hair

Mim. . Slow and Steady. I love it. .congrats!

CC: Happy Happy VD to you!!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Readytolose60
Stats: 196/181/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 1/26/2013
I love you guys! Seriously...I never imagined I'd be eating meat only, and with no ketchup but the ideas, and support and awesomeness is helping me thru. I did it! One day with seasonings instead of ketchup. I hope to be in the 170's with GettingThere this weekend/coming week. I am in size 14 jeans..and I'm ready and working hard at dropping..by following strict stillman's. I am drinking lots of water and I need a whoosh to push me into the 170's. my husband is gonna see me tomorrow for the first time in 5 weeks and I wonder if I look any different being I started at 196 and am now 181.
Readytolose60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

I really wish I could see improvement in my thighs and ass...when will this happen! Lol.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #276
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Apache75
Stats: 183/169.4/135
WOE: lowfat lowcarb
Start Date: restart Feb. 2013
Would you guys let a PSMF-er (Protein Sparing Modified Fast) join your group? It is just like Stillmans with a few veggies thrown in.....I won't even mention the veggies. Stillmans is the closest group to what I am doing and I need some support.
My son has a box of Valentines Candy and I am really wanting a chocolate.

Last edited by Apache75; 02-14-2013 at 02:20 PM..
Apache75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #277
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Apache - welcome to the group! Some of us eat veggies - feel free to share! And step away from the chocolate!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Whoever told me seasonings will help with the palette when I was *****ing about giving up ketchup is totally right on! I never imagined it would really work but it sure does something cause it tasted like I must have been breaking a rule! It was yummy..chicken seasoning on broiled chicken and eggs. Wow...fabulous! Well according to my scale guys, I am either 180.4 or 83lbs...I get a different number in two different rooms. No idea why this would be...but anyway thanks for the seasons advice. I cannot wait to be in the 170's..I'm really glad I found this place cause every story I've read seems positive, and I am too impatient for any other diet..to wait months...to lose a few pounds. I haven't been on the 170's in three years...so this is gonna be cool. Thanks all,
happy happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Congrats!!!! you are almost there!!!!

I always weigh in the same room at the same spot in that room because my house is old and the floors aren't level, If I move my Scale farther into the room I lose 2 lbs instantly and if I move it 1 more foot in it looks like I have gained 4!

I never realized how unlevel my floors were until I had puppys coming in all the time and they would pee in one spot and I had to race to clean it before it spread all the way to the other side of the room!
sounds like our house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Happy Valentines day all!

Hope you have a great day either loving your self or loving your significant other by force feeding them chocolate so you can live vicariously through them!
DH's current weapon of choice......he gave up beer and bloat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketGirl24 View Post
Happy Valentines day guys! Wow MIM, Ready, and IM. Great weight loss.

I bought my best friend a box of chocolate...I kept it in my room for a week and then last weekend it just disappeared. What's weirder is I gained 5lbs overnight. I hope everybody has a great day today!
OMG a burglar......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Mar - I meant to tell you this morning - I love your hair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Umm. .Nope. . I won't be. . and I won't be eating it. (and I didn't ) . .let all the fatties enjoy!!! They were mostly men anyway, they can spare it!!

Quote:
Ready: Stick with me. . I won't steer you wrong. .LOL

Mar: Great Hair

Mim. . Slow and Steady. I love it. .congrats!

CC: Happy Happy VD to you!!

Quote:
I love you guys! Seriously...I never imagined I'd be eating meat only, and with no ketchup but the ideas, and support and awesomeness is helping me thru. I did it! One day with seasonings instead of ketchup. I hope to be in the 170's with GettingThere this weekend/coming week. I am in size 14 jeans..and I'm ready and working hard at dropping..by following strict stillman's. I am drinking lots of water and I need a whoosh to push me into the 170's. my husband is gonna see me tomorrow for the first time in 5 weeks and I wonder if I look any different being I started at 196 and am now 181.
he will be looking for the midget that was hiding in your waistband...

Quote:
I really wish I could see improvement in my thighs and ass...when will this happen! Lol.
it's already happened, you still have your fat goggles on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache75 View Post
Would you guys let a PSMF-er (Protein Sparing Modified Fast) join your group? It is just like Stillmans with a few veggies thrown in.....I won't even mention the veggies. Stillmans is the closest group to what I am doing and I need some support.
blech, go get some celery and pickles. All are welcome here, the only prerequisite is some form of mental illness
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:18 AM   #279
Junior LCF Member

Thank you for letting me join! This seems like a wonderful supportive group and I look forward to meeting everyone!
I have done Stillmans several times in the past and it is an amazing diet.
I have gained 40 lbs in the past year after maintaining my weight for the past 10 years that I lost low carbing. Stress is all that I can think caused that. I need to get this weight off. Seriously. Now.
I eased into this by doing Akins for a week 3 weeks ago and have now been low fat/ low carb for 2 weeks. I have 3 broken scales and need to get a new one. I think I started about 180ish lbs. I can tell I have already lost a good bit of weight by the way my clothes are fitting. I would like to be 130-140 lbs
Yesterday was under 800 calories. I had steak soup for breakfast, deli turkey fat free cheese for lunch and grilled marinated steak for dinner.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:39 AM   #280
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Friday morning! I lost a whole pound! I've been losing .5 a day which is fine. But for some reason, I lost a pound! I'm doing the happy dance!

Apache - what is steak soup? I would love the recipe! Many of us do Atkins at first to ease back into Stillman's. I think it makes the diet easier if I'm already in ketosis when I take away the fat.

I'm walking to the office this morning. We are supposed to get snow, but not much so I should be fine. I'll check in later!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:13 AM   #281
Junior LCF Member

Mim congrats on the whole lb loss! When I get my new scale I am going to make sure I get one that shows the weight increments. Enjoy the snow!

My steak soup is a low calorie thinned down chili I made. Sometimes the idea of eating just the meat is not as appetizing as a big steaming hot bowl of meat in a soup broth. In the soup part I put a chopped onion and garlic, the lowest carb tomato puree I can find, fat free broth, a Michelob ultra, a little coffee (adds depth of flavor, a little cocoa powder can do the same also) fresh ground cumin seeds, (fresh makes all the difference in the world) chili powder and a little jalapeno if you like it spicy. That makes a huge pot, you can add water to thin it down and lower the calories to it. I section it out into plastic baggie for individual serving sizes and freeze it. I add my meat I have hanging around to it when I warm it back up. I keep a bunch of serving size meat portions in the freezer also. I will chop a little fresh cilantro and put a small dollop of fat free sour cream and it is heaven on a cold day.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:43 AM   #282
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mim congrats on the whole lb loss! When I get my new scale I am going to make sure I get one that shows the weight increments. Enjoy the snow!

My steak soup is a low calorie thinned down chili I made. Sometimes the idea of eating just the meat is not as appetizing as a big steaming hot bowl of meat in a soup broth. In the soup part I put a chopped onion and garlic, the lowest carb tomato puree I can find, fat free broth, a Michelob ultra, a little coffee (adds depth of flavor, a little cocoa powder can do the same also) fresh ground cumin seeds, (fresh makes all the difference in the world) chili powder and a little jalapeno if you like it spicy. That makes a huge pot, you can add water to thin it down and lower the calories to it. I section it out into plastic baggie for individual serving sizes and freeze it. I add my meat I have hanging around to it when I warm it back up. I keep a bunch of serving size meat portions in the freezer also. I will chop a little fresh cilantro and put a small dollop of fat free sour cream and it is heaven on a cold day.

Yummy! I'm going to add this to my repertoire!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:47 AM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yes. . please join us . Each new person brings that added support and also great ideas to share! I am doing a Modified Atkins/Stillmans, myself. I think we are all on the same page and understand that it is much better to fill up on protein, but plant life isn't so bad, either. Depends on what you want!!

I am glad you found us.. Looking forward to getting to know you!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:52 AM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning, Gals!

Congrats Mim.. that's awesome that you keep losing! WTG. . I'm up today. . can't figure out why but not going to worry about it. . could be anything. .

I ate clean yesterday but didn't get my walk in. I have a terrible case of hives (huge) and I took Benedryl and it knocked me out!! I also popped one this morning before work and can barely keep my eyes open.. I guess I should have put up with the itching instead! Uggg. .

Lets keep Friday a great day!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thank you for letting me join! This seems like a wonderful supportive group and I look forward to meeting everyone!
I have done Stillmans several times in the past and it is an amazing diet.
I have gained 40 lbs in the past year after maintaining my weight for the past 10 years that I lost low carbing. Stress is all that I can think caused that. I need to get this weight off. Seriously. Now.
I eased into this by doing Akins for a week 3 weeks ago and have now been low fat/ low carb for 2 weeks. I have 3 broken scales and need to get a new one. I think I started about 180ish lbs. I can tell I have already lost a good bit of weight by the way my clothes are fitting. I would like to be 130-140 lbs
Yesterday was under 800 calories. I had steak soup for breakfast, deli turkey fat free cheese for lunch and grilled marinated steak for dinner.
awesome, girl, you are already shrinking!!!!!!!

Quote:
Good Friday morning! I lost a whole pound! I've been losing .5 a day which is fine. But for some reason, I lost a pound! I'm doing the happy dance!

Apache - what is steak soup? I would love the recipe! Many of us do Atkins at first to ease back into Stillman's. I think it makes the diet easier if I'm already in ketosis when I take away the fat.

I'm walking to the office this morning. We are supposed to get snow, but not much so I should be fine. I'll check in later!
XLNT Mim! Enjoy your day, it's 41 here and it feels like spring!

Quote:
Good morning, Gals!

Congrats Mim.. that's awesome that you keep losing! WTG. . I'm up today. . can't figure out why but not going to worry about it. . could be anything. .

I ate clean yesterday but didn't get my walk in. I have a terrible case of hives (huge) and I took Benedryl and it knocked me out!! I also popped one this morning before work and can barely keep my eyes open.. I guess I should have put up with the itching instead! Uggg. .

Lets keep Friday a great day!
O IM you poor kid! Is it stress? I don't recall you mentioning hives in the last three years.........

Will alcohol kill it? It does dehydrate.....

A good day to all! off to dig the collection and see what I can sell off. I've got to be ready to move us to Florida, and twenty years of collecting will not make it easy.

If any of you gals have Corelle as your dinnerware please let me know the pattern and I will se if I have any.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #286
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my! My pound loss has left me incredibly hungry today! So, I've been eating! On plan of course. I had eggs for breakfast and chicken when I got in from the office and I just made more chicken. I may start growing feathers!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #287
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Oh my! My pound loss has left me incredibly hungry today! So, I've been eating! On plan of course. I had eggs for breakfast and chicken when I got in from the office and I just made more chicken. I may start growing feathers!
Maybe it means your metabolism has been revved up and you'll start losing faster
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #288
Big Yapper!!!!

Cc---you're moving house/state ??? I didn't know that! You're leaving the ranch??
Old 02-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #289
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome Apache!
Old 02-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #290
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: complicated
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Hi, Everyone. I've been lurking for a few weeks and decided to give Stillman's a try (started this past Tuesday) after doing Atkins on/off for several years. A few questions, if you don't mind:

1) When does the hunger go away?? It's day four and this is the hungriest I've been.

2) Are folks limiting their eggs given the fat content? I've eaten about three a day so far.

Thanks for any insight! I would love to keep this up for as long as I can and then cycle Stillman's with Atkins at some later point.
complicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
O Mim I know what you mean, I have been eating nothing but for almost two weeks. Fly, robin, fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Cc---you're moving house/state ??? I didn't know that! You're leaving the ranch??
Yep, since Dad passed in September we've decided to head South with Mum.
It was one of his final wishes for me, to get us legally married and to live in Florida.

Winters are getting to be too much with DH's bad hip (cartilage is gone, he needs a replacement but with all the bad press he is not going to do it anytime soon.) The chiropractor recommends water therapy, so we need a pool. Our animals are older and the climate will be so much kinder to all of them.

This is one of the properties we are considering...........

6742 W Sentinel Post Path Beverly Hills FL - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - MLS #357704 - Realtor.com®
Old 02-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #292
Big Yapper!!!!

It's lovely!! Soooooo American!!!! Is your Mom moving in with you or are ye just going to be much nearer? Did I see two kichens?!
Old 02-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #293
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reinvented
Stats: 234/187.6/165
WOE: Medi/Stillmans
Start Date: 4/17/2009 restart 1/22/13
Quote:
LOL funny Mim...Today was one of those days I thought if I ate anything meat related I would gag. So I hardly ate. I kind of want to give myself a cheat day just to add some excitement. But I can't stop now I have to keep going.
reinvented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT,we will be communing as one happy family. She has visited us for two weeks at a time for years now and we all get along just fine, despite the fact that here in the world's smalles cottage, space is sparse. As long as we all have some breathing room it will be good. And she will need two bedrooms, one for her and another for her shoes..

soooo American.......what does that mean? LOL I think I know.......wide open.......the EU is so cool to us because the streets are so narrow and the buildings are centuries older than we can imagine.......that's the way I remember it, anyway. There are no public houses here that are older than the 1600's, yet in EU that's a newer place......the Abbian Road dates from the 1000's if I remember correctly.

And you up so late again! Rest, you young sweet thing! Have ye set a date for the wedding?

Disney is less than an hour away.....'twould be an amazing honeymoon for ye......
Old 02-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sweet dreams lovelies, think of disappearing waistbands and envious relatives.......I'm awful, aren't I...........
Old 02-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #296
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Maybe it means your metabolism has been revved up and you'll start losing faster
Oh GT! I would so love that - I'm a very slow looser.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #297
Senior LCF Member

It amazes me that I've even drinking s ton of water, I keep thinking I should be going to the bathroom more! Also, guys I'm stuck at this 180.6 mark...as yesterday morning my scale said 179.8 and so im not sure why it would be up. And plus I'm dying to officially be in the 170's...I've been stalling so close that I need some advice on how to just drop! It's like my body doesn't Wanna budge! Advice would be greatly appreciated. Could I be drinking too much water and can that possibly be a problem? Maybe I need to wait a few hours...it's 3am ill weigh back in again around 8 or 9 when I let more of the fluid do its thing.i was hoping the weight would be coming off quicker then it is....kinda bummed
Old 02-16-2013, 05:10 AM   #298
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
It amazes me that I've even drinking s ton of water, I keep thinking I should be going to the bathroom more! Also, guys I'm stuck at this 180.6 mark...as yesterday morning my scale said 179.8 and so im not sure why it would be up. And plus I'm dying to officially be in the 170's...I've been stalling so close that I need some advice on how to just drop! It's like my body doesn't Wanna budge! Advice would be greatly appreciated. Could I be drinking too much water and can that possibly be a problem? Maybe I need to wait a few hours...it's 3am ill weigh back in again around 8 or 9 when I let more of the fluid do its thing.i was hoping the weight would be coming off quicker then it is....kinda bummed
Check out this article RTL, I have always had issues with this. Of Whooshes and Squishy Fat | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald
Old 02-16-2013, 05:26 AM   #299
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Saturday morning! I woke up to beautiful snow. When it finishes sometime tomorrow we will only have 4 inches. But it is very pretty!

I lost another half pound! I was worried that I night now because I lost a whole pound yesterday.

I've got a bit of office work and then I'm finished for the day. I'm planning on puttering around and eating chicken. What is everyone else up to today?
Old 02-16-2013, 06:34 AM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Check out this article RTL, I have always had issues with this. Of Whooshes and Squishy Fat | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald
Thanks for the interesting Article Apache. . I'm thinking that's whats going on with me. I've been perfect all week. . was up yesterday and was up even more today!! Not feeling too happy about it.. (I'm up 5 pounds again!!!). . this is the part I hate. . Up and down and down and up. . I need to break the 180's to feel like Im doing some good..

On the flip side. .I wonder if all these stupid hives have anything to do with it. I've been miserable the last 2 days and the swelling and itching will not subside. My fingers are just sausages . . I'm pretty sure I have it pinpointed this time around. . my doc gave me some happy pills . . and every time I take them, I break out terribly. . I'm thinking its the blue dye on them. . so I guess I'd rather be depressed than fat!! LOL. . The benedryl knocks me right out so if anyone has any suggestions for itching. . I'd gladly listen. I've tried Epson Salt baths, etc. . (it took me almost 4 years of this to figure out I was allergic to Venison. . so allergic that I break out if hubby or the kids eat it). .

I have a dinner date tomorrow. . Comedian and buffet dinner. .hoping they have a lot of meat. I may have a planned cheat. but just enough to trick my fat into leaving. . It really depends on what they have and how I feel in the morning. . .right now. . its all about the itching!! Plus, I kinda look like Igor. .my right eye is almost swollen shut!!