Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GidgetPiecukonis
Stats: 220/215/199
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: October 2013
Day 1 on Stillmans

Hello! I am new and it is my first day on Stillmans. I am excited about it. Over the last 2 months I have lost 11 lbs going on and off Atkins. LOL I needed something more strict and simple that did not require counting, tweaking, etc to find what works and I am very impatient so the success stories here seem to be exactly what I am looking for.

Today I have eaten a hard boiled egg, a pack of tuna in water, and about 8 oz of boneless skinless chicken breast baked in the oven. I am not even hungry at all and plan to have a 1/2 cup of lowfat cottage cheese before bed with a dash of salt and pepper. I am at about 90oz of water...mostly plain but some with a spritz of liquid crystal light. Do I seem on track with this menu??

I am at about 96 grams of protein and 20 grams of fat but less than 500 calories! How do I add more calories or do I just eat until I am satisfied and leave it at that? Is eating that little calories dangerous at all?

The only side effects I am feeling at all is some super tiredness and peeing a TON and a little jealousy at the pizza my kids are eating. LOL I plan to stick with Stillmans until I am at goal then gradually re-introduce vegetables, healthy fats, nuts, legumes, and fruits. I am staying away from sugar and most grains I think for good.

I am currently at 217.6 and my first goal is to be under 200 by Feb 14th! So at least 18 lbs. Think it can be done??

Last edited by GidgetPiecukonis; 01-17-2013 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: Add something
GidgetPiecukonis is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GidgetPiecukonis View Post
Hello! I am new and it is my first day on Stillmans. I am excited about it. Over the last 2 months I have lost 11 lbs going on and off Atkins. LOL I needed something more strict and simple that did not require counting, tweaking, etc to find what works and I am very impatient so the success stories here seem to be exactly what I am looking for.

Today I have eaten a hard boiled egg, a pack of tuna in water, and about 8 oz of boneless skinless chicken breast baked in the oven. I am not even hungry at all and plan to have a 1/2 cup of lowfat cottage cheese before bed with a dash of salt and pepper. I am at about 90oz of water...mostly plain but some with a spritz of liquid crystal light. Do I seem on track with this menu??

I am at about 96 grams of protein and 20 grams of fat but less than 500 calories! How do I add more calories or do I just eat until I am satisfied and leave it at that? Is eating that little calories dangerous at all?

The only side effects I am feeling at all is some super tiredness and peeing a TON and a little jealousy at the pizza my kids are eating. LOL I plan to stick with Stillmans until I am at goal then gradually re-introduce vegetables, healthy fats, nuts, legumes, and fruits. I am staying away from sugar and most grains I think for good.

I am currently at 217.6 and my first goal is to be under 200 by Feb 14th! So at least 18 lbs. Think it can be done??
Hi ya, and welcome to Stillman's.

You may be able to do that kind of loss, 18 lbs in a month...while most people don't lose quite as fast as the "official" 5-7 lbs a week, a lot of us did drop that much the first week. And 2-4 a week after that is do-able. It does take sticking-to-it! Even minor off-plan foods can mess the losing up pretty fast. But if you do stick to it, you will be liking your scale (and your loose clothes...and shopping for new ones!)

500 calories is pretty low...I would boost that quantity...shoot for closer to 1000 I would say, and see how you feel. (could very well be why you're super tired...not enough fuel coming in.) Eggs are easy extra protein/calories to add if you have a bunch hard-boiled. I also try to fry up a bunch of lean turkey burgers or lean ground chicken and freeze the cooked burgers in 2 patty packages so I can take them out each day to have handy for extra food. Makes it way easier to stay on plan if cooked food is handy!

The peeing will slow down...and the yearning for pizza will also go down once the scale starts rewarding you. Stillmans can be boring, but the rewards are so quick, well boring is OK, lol

If you want more chat, join us on the monthly Stillman's thread...daily support can't be beat. Resolve to be Slimmer the Stillman's Weigh Skinny New Year for You January 2013

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 01-17-2013 at 07:47 PM..
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Thank you!! I dropped 2 lbs overnight and have stuck to it 100% today, my 2nd day. I did some shopping for lean meats today and some dry seasonings, eggs, etc. I have TONS of energy today but you are right I need more calories. It is 4pm and I logged everything and I am still at only 400 cals. I am not hungry. Sheesh. Also, I am worried if I eat 1000 cals worth of proteins, will my protein grams be too high. According to my weight I need a minimum of 80 grams a day. Yesterday I logged 88 grams. I don't have any kidney problems at all and am drinking about 120oz of water a day...so maybe that will offset the protein grams? I am also mulling whether or not I need to add a potassium supplement. I have a good mulit with minerals but it does not include potassium. :-)
Old 01-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reinvented
Stats: 234/187.6/165
WOE: Medi/Stillmans
Start Date: 4/17/2009 restart 1/22/13
You modt definitley can lose 18 pounds by feb 14th. Stick to it and the weight will judt fall off. I would try to atleast eat 500 calories.
reinvented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:29 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

The weight has been steadily coming off. Hit my 1st 20 lbs down goal this morning. 208.4! Pretty excited about that. I have 9 lbs to go and I am sure I can do it by Feb 14th :-D I just eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full and it has been working well for me. Yesterday, I logged about 950 cals and still lost over a 1/2 lb since yesterday. I feel like I am finally doing it.....I never stuck with anything this long and this is the most I have lost.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
That is awesome!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote