Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Resolve to be Slimmer the Stillman's Weigh Skinny New Year for You January 2013

join us and be slimmer this New Year !
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG chicken parm.......mmmmmmmmmmm
Old 01-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SrfrGirl
Stats: Goal: 125 lbs.
WOE: Stillman's & Zero Carb
Start Date: 5/20/12 restart 12/23/12
CC- Yeah! Chicky-Parm. I just added a new Stillman's legal Tuna dish to the blog.

Today's menu:

1 lemon mustard tuna steak with hardboiled eggs
seared chunks of Mexican queso blanco cheese. Used Pam non stick spray.

Water, Iced tea

Queso blanco is a type of farmers cheese with a very, very moisture content that unlike most cheeses, does not melt or string when heated. It becomes soft on the inside while developing a nice crusty shell on the outside without any sort coating on it whatsoever.

Last edited by SrfrGirl; 01-01-2013 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: added Queso blanco
SrfrGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hoops
Stats: 5'9"
Where do I find the chicken parm recipe???? Please share!

Crap on the parm chips. I bought crumbles at the store last night. No wonder they turned out crappy!

I bought so many yummy choices for our plan at the store last night. I guess I could eat anything, but I think eating nearly all protein has left me feeling not hungry.
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Hoops you can find it at:

skinnycarnivore

and modify to you taste and needs for lower fat.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yummy sounding recipes! I may try those Parmesan Meatballs, without the butter. The Parm Chicken sounds delicious, too.

I did put 1 small can of Ro-Tel in the chili I made tonight with 2 pounds of 4% fat ground beef and spices. It was super good! I got upset with myself after I poured the can of Ro-Tel in the pot... mind games before and after. Anyway... I will see what the scale tells me tomorrow. I may have to throw the rest out.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

I do highly recommend the chicken piccata also. It can easily be modified with no butter.

Your meal tonight sounded like my kind of meal! I am a big fan of Rotel. Let me know if it stalls you because I love it!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So many good things to try out. Thank you so much for the suggestions.

I hope I have decent news on the scale tomorrow. I will surely get online to post. It is nice being off work until Monday. I am not feeling good about it, but we'll soon find out. Today, I ate:
8 slices of roast beef
2 oz skim cheese
2 cups chili
Old 01-02-2013, 01:10 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Happy 2013 everyone. Wishing everyone the best year of your life!

Thanks for the great new link to January, CC!
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:38 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Srfr, I'm curious about blogs. Some people make money from ads on theirs. Why do you do it? Yours is ad free......
Old 01-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Maybe a New Year will change my pattern of losing the same 20lbs. So yeah, I am back again.

Today is day one for me.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I lost weight from eating a little ro-tel. I used a small can in 2 pounds of ground beef, so I really only had a little bit of the chilis and tomatoes. Anyway, on to DAY 4...
day 1... -4 lbs
day 2... -1.2 lbs
day 3... -0.6 lbs

How is everyone else doing?

Ashely~ Welcome! I just started, too.

Oh, I wanted to add... my clothes already fit looser after just 3 days! The first week almost always proves to be the best in weight and inch loss, so I am celebrating these first few days!

Last edited by Hoops; 01-02-2013 at 09:39 AM..
Old 01-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosebud5t
Stats: 188.6/174.8/140
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: October 2013
Whoohoo!

Hi everyone!

First "official" weekly weigh-in and I lost 6.6 lbs!

Menu yesterday:
mid-morning - 4 oz chicken and 1 c buillon
mid-afternoon - 2 oz meatloaf burger
late dinner - 3 oz shrimp
snack - 2 oz chicken and sugar-free Jell-O

I've been trying to finish this post for hours, so I better hit submit before my computer bursts into flames.
Rosebud5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Srfr, I'm curious about blogs. Some people make money from ads on theirs. Why do you do it? Yours is ad free......
I have done the ads thing before, I'm just not educated enough about them. I had ads everywhere. Looking at my blog was a pain and I wasn't making much.

So-I took them all off. I think a lot of bloggers do well with them.

I do it for the sheer fun of it and getting my recipes out.

Hi Bratty, Shreem, Rosebud & Hoops! Great about the no stall on Rotel-

I'm glad Bratty's back! Let's do this!

And I glad you girls are doing so well! I will report my scale progress when I weigh in. I haven't chosen a weigh in day yet.

Today:
3 pcs. turkey bacon
Turkey patties home made with dry herbs cooked with Pam cook spray and splashed with a bit of green salsa verde.

Dinner will be fish and/or shrimp.

I have 2 different bullion jars here for emergency snacks to make broth.

Last edited by SrfrGirl; 01-02-2013 at 02:23 PM.. Reason: adds
Old 01-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{Bratty}}}}}}}}}}

wow a blog with no agenda..........Srfr, you are earning your wings.

Just did MS update and my laptop was revolting, the Vista theme was missing! That took a twenty minute Google to fix. Aaarg.

WOW go Hoops and Rosebud!!!!!!!

The evil romaine and grape tomatoes were speaking to me Saturday so I'm in an Atkins or Shape Up diet this week.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Rosebud~ Yea on your loss! Woo hoo!!!

SrfrGirl~ I bought the powder that is like the chicken bouillon, except I use a teaspoon of the powder instead. So yummy! Of course, I am a salt lover, so it tastes so good to me.

CCGirl~ My sis started Atkins yesterday. She much prefers it, because of the high fat content. She lost all her weight years ago just following Atkins. She, too, gained some back over several years.

Dinner was delicious. I made a version of the Parm Chicken... I beat one chicken breast to a 1/4" thick, added garlic salt and a little parmesan sprinkled cheese on top, and grilled it. My 14 year old nephew loved it, so I made seconds.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Thanks CC for the wings! Love u!

My friend made me eat 1/2 cup of 7 bean soup today. It was salty and overcooked. Not like my moms from my childhood-Eh...She told me if I ate 1/2 cup of beans a day I would lose weight. She read this somewhere. I told her I don't believe it. I think the carbs and what peeps add to them are tooo high in fat/carb. And after I ate it she told me she put ham and olive oil in it! She is really trying and is doing the low carb diet best she can. If I remember beans are not allowed on any low carb diet I know of. Last year she tried to tell me nuts were ok, and was pushing them on me, but I knew better from reading Atkins Diet. Dr. Atkins says NO! to nuts on induction. I defied him and found him to be right. Every time my BF eats nuts he gains 1-2 lbs in one day and he's not even on induction! If I have nuts of any kind I swell up like a marshmallow for two weeks!

Well meaning Sabotage friends!

Anyone have any opinions on this? Please? Ok, I have to make tomorrow day 1 of stillmans....
All I can tell you is that my feet and hands feel swollen! I was doing so good!

Dinner: Fresh Talapia-No salt-Pam cook spray-Cilantro, lemon, Salsa Verde (no carb, no fat, green tomatotillo hot sauce similar to green Tabasco). It was so good. I made the boyfriend Chili lime salmon and he loved it. I baked his, sauteed mine. I have left over talapia for lunch tomorrow.

The BF told me I should not have eaten except for a spoonful of the friend's beans then turned and spit it out. Oh if I only had done it! He told me I was a pig for eating pork laden beans! He told me I will be a whale tomorrow morning and that he will make fun of me!

I am planning to make fat free paneer cheese tomorrow after work. Organic fat free milk and lemon juice. I have the cheesecloth and tea towels. I feel like this is the only way I will truly know cheese is fat free and Stillmans legal. I'm a little nervous, never made cheese before. I will let you know how it turns out. The BF is going to help me.

I feel my friend's soup today derailed me. I need to get back on track and not let it get to me. So here I go, head held up. Eating my own, home-made food.

CC-Go with it! Occasional romaine and grape tomatoes are our friend. They help things go more smoothly.

Hoops, some of my bullion is the low sodium powder (I have 4 different kinds now!) and I haven't tried the new ones yet but I have high hopes! Before I used 'better than bullion paste' (not impressed) and even though it says it was lower sodium it made me swell up! And tasted salty-yech. I am in pursuit of a great low salt or salt free (?) bullion. I picked up a Hispanic Brand (Hey I'm right next to Mexico) that's low sodium today. Maybe it's the one! I will report on it later and give the name of my favs.

Last edited by SrfrGirl; 01-02-2013 at 10:10 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 04:26 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG beans, to be eaten to gain weight only! Your poor friend, she's drinking the carb koolaid like the folks who thing the Special K challenge will help them lose, and the propaganda in the media that people who eat more whole grains lose weight or weigh less. They might weigh less than someone eating white flour foods or pounding pizza and donuts but surely not by much.

"Beans and other legumes although rich in both carbohydrate and protein, also contain protease inhibitors. Starchy roots — yams and cassava — are common staples today, but if not well cooked are very toxic indeed. The cassava even contains cyanide which must be oxidised by heat to make it safe to eat. And apart from the anti-nutrients above, the starch in cereals — wheat, rice, barley, oats, and rye — are also inedible in quantity if not cooked first. Cooking causes the starch granules in the flour to swell and be disrupted by a process called gelatinization Without this the starch much less accessible to digestion by pancreatic amylase. (11) (See also soybeans below.) Unlike meat, which can be easily digested in its raw state, vegetables should really never be eaten raw and cereals should be fermented and then cooked for a very long time before being eaten to neutralise the phytic acid and other toxic anti-nutrients. That fact that we don't do these things is the reason for so much atopic disease — asthma, eczema, and so on — around today."

from the Naive Vegetarian

Srfr I use the Knorr Sodium Free bouillons.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:03 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kind of off topic, but did you know that a large group of baboons is called a "congress"? ..
Old 01-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

yes CC-Funny. And I will look for the sodium free bullion. Haven't seen it here. The best I see are low sodium.

And...by some miracle...I woke up 2 and half lbs. lighter! How can this be????

Must be the fish???
Old 01-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mork
Hello. Finally back!!
I did the stillmans for two days and I just cannot do it. I am not a big meat person-never have been but just always suffered through it because of the great weight loss.
I rally need to get 18 off now but may just do shakes.
Too much meat makes me gag.
thoughts??
You are all doing great!
When I did it last time. I did cottage cheese in the morning with a little splenda and a little cinnemon. It was great with my coffee.
Meat for lunch
Meat for supper.
And I lost one pound a day almost every day.
Hope I am not a downer
mork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Yay Mork!
That sounds great! And it worked!
Glad your back!

Post your food to give me ideas for my meals. I do get bored so.....

I'm doing an experiment making fat free paneer cheese ( fat free milk + lemon juice)to sear with Pam cooking spray to keep from backsliding. Of course, this may cause stall so I'm being the guinea pig. I will report my findings.

Today so far was:

2 hard boiled eggs with tobasco and it's only 12:05 noonish here on the Cali coast, so lunch will be my leftover cilantro tilapa that was soooo great last night.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Kind of off topic, but did you know that a large group of baboons is called a "congress"? ..

So appropriate this week. Would love to see an election this week...I think there would be a LOT of unemployed congressmen and senators if the American public could decide right now whether to keep 'em or toss 'em.

Hello all,and happy losing in 2013.

I'm just plugging away, still peeling off the holiday gain ounce by ounce. About 6 more ounces and I'm back to pre-holiday weight.

Still have to count 2012 as a great weight-loss year...finally quit losing & gaining the same 20 lbs (and ending each year in the "gain" or "break even" category.) Actually finished the year at 59.4 lbs. lost so happy with that.

More work to do in 2013, but feel like I've got a really good handle on how to do it.

Best wishes to all...and congrats to those who are going through the wonder of induction: those great losses at the beginning are such great incentives to keep going.

Cathy from Nebraska (but Florida for the winter)

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Mork, could you manage with just shakes? Personally, I would be SCREAMING for real food after a couple of days on the liquids. I tried a medi-fast type diet years ago...was shakes for 2 meals a day, and one very small meal of "real" food...even that had me craving solid food so badly.

However, some people can live on shakes...I'm sure you'd lose if you can stick to it: would probably be very low calorie, though, so I'd be watching to make sure you got all the vitamins & minerals needed.

You said you don't like meat...how about eggs & cottage cheese for a more solid meal, and shakes for a couple of meals a day?

Do let us know how it goes if you try all-shakes-all-the-time.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrfrGirl View Post
yes CC-Funny. And I will look for the sodium free bullion. Haven't seen it here. The best I see are low sodium.

And...by some miracle...I woke up 2 and half lbs. lighter! How can this be????

Must be the fish???
Bet it was...and maybe you lost some of the water weight, too. High salt foods always "get" me for a day or two, and then seem to disappear overnight for a nice loss, especially when I've also been eating on-plan.

I lose great on fish...especially on the leaner types like tilapia...but even on salmon I lose well.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So... I am exactly the same weight as yesterday. I guess that is better than a gain in weight.

Also... I decided to move my exercise equipment temporarily into my kitchen. My kitchen overlooks the family room and has a large counter with stools. We often eat there anyway. So, I need to push the dining table all the way to the wall and change the overhead light to the fan/light I bought yesterday. Anyone else have exercise stuff in their living area?

SrfrGirl~ In regard to friends, I could tell you to just say no thanks but that is easier said than done. Most of us have spent our lives being rewarded and using food as rewards, so their intentions are good but are potentially harmful to your success. About bouillon, I am not affected by salt so any low sodium kind would be gross to me. Great weight loss! Yea!!!!

CCGirl~ You got jokes! Bring 'em on!

Mork~ You had great success on this plan before, so you know you can really reduce the weight rapidly. If speed of loss isn't that important, then of course you can just reduce calories and step up the exercise. Or, if you want it off quick, then choose a few things you can tollerate, like the cottage cheese, protein shakes, and perhaps a protein food sprinkled in there.

Cathy~ Fantastic to be down nearly 60 pounds in a year! AND you are almost done with your holiday gain! Do you have a weight loss goal for this year? Did you lose last year's weight on Stillman's?
Old 01-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Wow Cathy, you have been doing great!

What are you eating down there in Florida? I miss my old home state. They have so many fish choices and light menus there!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mork, can you handle tuna, eggs and cottage cheese ? Jell-o? Just a thought.

Hoop I used to be the big jokester here.........I will have to go throuhg some saved ones for you all.

Had a not really hungry kind of day. Wierd.

B 3 chicken wings
S 3 oz hard salami
L 1 tin tuna w/mayo
D sliced turkey w/gravy
Old 01-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
i am still maintaining my goal weight! swimming close to everyday again, which i'm happy for, working everyday and trying to give my fur babies as much love and attention as possible. i also walk about an hour each day. 30 minutes to work and 30 minutes home. that will change after next week though. have to get the walking in at noon time or other.

srfr girl: i love sliced turkey breast. i go to the store and they cook the turkey in the store, then slices and sell by the pound. no nitrates or added salt. it is delicious! much much healthier than boars head.

hoops: just stay on plan and you will loose it. not every single day brings a loss on the scale, but as long as you keep moving down the scale over time, then you are doing amazing.

Last edited by Shreem; 01-03-2013 at 04:37 PM..
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

CC- great menu girl!

Shreem- Genius! Since my groceries don't, I guess I should bake a turkey breast every weekend and slice & store. What do you think about Boston Market turkeys for when I'm busy? In the past for my zero carb long work days I have gone in and told them Double Meat Plate! And eat only turkey and brisket-no sides. They are very understanding and accommodating. The brisket has no fat cap too, which is good for Stillman's. It's so lean it's almost too dry. They probably dose up the meat with Franken marinade for all I know.

Anyway, I'll get rid of the boars head franken turkey. It actually has no taste or texture anyways. I have 4 slices left. Will give it to the furbaby for a snack even though he's on Instincts raw puppy diet.

Hoops: A no gain day is great! And your menus are right on. You lost so much at first I was envious! So right about the friends thing. She was so nice to bring me a salad today and I told her I couldn't eat it. I felt so low. I shared my stuff with her. She's really going to do great. She told me I needed some good carbs. Imagine that. I feel no carb is a good carb.

Cathy: HI! Yes I think water weight was some of it. Good riddance to that huh! Fish makes me lose too, don't know why. Those home made little ground turkey patties with salsa verde and tabasco really helped too. The turkey ends up so dry I just had to dip them in something! I think the hot sauces kick started my metabolism a bit.

I'm trying to think of what to make for din-din. I'm not even hungry for some reason. I found the hard boiled eggs and tabasco, tilapia very filling from earlier. I have flounder, shrimp, and raw turkey sausage in the fringe. I need to either cook something or freeze them.

Last edited by SrfrGirl; 01-03-2013 at 06:02 PM..