Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 04:33 AM   #181
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Friday morning! I spent most of the day yesterday in my office finishing up the annual report and the bulletin! I'm taking today off! I'm meeting a friend for lunch. I've never been to the restaurant, but I checked their menu out online. I'll have a salad grilled salmon. My weight continues to creep down. I think I'm too old to do the extreme dieting! I've been doing Stillman's meat and a bit of veggies - the low carb crunchy kind! Actually, I think he has a plan that is like what I'm doing. I figure two to three pounds a week will be great!

Srfr - how is your weightloss going? You are doing great in the eating.

domesticbliss - the last time I tracked my calories they would average around 800 - some days a bit more, some less. I tracked them out of curiosity. We don't need to "count" calories. They are typically low naturally. No starchy veggies and no fat cut the calories! Come out of lurking and join us! We would love to meet you!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2013, 09:33 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hello girls... hope everyone had a great Xmas and NY, I did and am feeling that I am in need of a week of Stillmans as my jeans feel a little tight...OK a bit more than a little but nothing that a week will not sort out. I absolutely have to want to start tomorrow but have been invited to a friends for dinner... decided I will tell her tonight that I will not be eating as I am detoxing which might come accross a bit rude but I have to to put what I want first and I just do not want another day of carbs....I'm feeling awful, bloated and yucky!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Hey CC, Mim! How are you both? Any sign of GT? Snow here at the moment...wondering if I should hit the supermarket tonight? Need to stock up on eggs and turkey breast mince? My mini supermarket which is seconds away does not stock turkey mince and I have a real craving for it....going to make the lasagne from the the recipe thread.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #184
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Hi makeme! It is so good to hear from you! And no, we have not heard from GT. I hope she is ok. A week on Stills will put you back in your jeans with a comfortable fit!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
WTG Mar!!!!!!!!!!!!

MMS, I sent GT a PM last week..........she has posted on some threads so at least I know she is alive and nothing horrible happened to her.
I had been beside myself with worry, even considered emailing one of the admins, but then I remembered I could search the boards, surely there she was, not posting a lot but dated Jan. 2013.
I hope all is well. Still peddling your duvet covers on ebay? I swear you must have the most fashionable linen closet in all of the shire

M16, thighs just beg for chicken cacciatore.........and, pound for pound, tofu is almost just as expensive as meat........

Mim, age is just a number........mine just happens to be a white lie
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SrfrGirl
Stats: Goal: 125 lbs.
WOE: Stillman's & Zero Carb
Start Date: 5/20/12 restart 12/23/12
Mim: Finally seeing loss again. Ever so slowly.

Today: 2 eggs and turkey bacon. Still not hungry and it's about 3:30 pm here. Not sure what din din will be. I have a fresh london broil and chicken breasts in the fridge.
SrfrGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #187
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

CC- I'm so glad you found GT! I have been worried about her.

Srfr - slow loss is better than no loss! I'm going slowly too and I have lots and lots of weight to lose!

A parishioner came by today with a big box of grapefruit and oranges. It is his annual Christmas gift. Last year I had grandgirls to give them to. I'm not sure who will be the lucky recipient this year!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Yeah Mar! You are doing great! How is school?
Its stressful but going well. I feel old! haha I am about 7-9 years older then the other students but hopefully having worked for the last 8 years has taught me something haha

being in class most days is good for keeping me on track so at least thats good and I am tired from all the thinking so I go to bed early or nap when I get home for a couple hours so that stops me from night time snacking.... I try and focus on the positives
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #189
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GidgetPiecukonis
Stats: 220/215/199
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: October 2013
Hi! I am new here and to Stillmans. Today was day 2 for me and I feel great. I have lost 2 lbs so far. My only question is....should I be worried about potassium? Also I can't seem to get myself over 750 cals and I really had to force myself to eat today.
GidgetPiecukonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:07 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GidgetPiecukonis View Post
Hi! I am new here and to Stillmans. Today was day 2 for me and I feel great. I have lost 2 lbs so far. My only question is....should I be worried about potassium? Also I can't seem to get myself over 750 cals and I really had to force myself to eat today.
Hi Gidget! You are doing great! Potassium-no worries, fresh foods provide the highest potassium. Processed foods not allowed on this diet provide the least potassium. Fish and dairy have potassium. Eat them.

Now, magnesium may be something to supplement. Keep some magnesium in case you need it. Ketosis can make you not want to eat. I have had to force eating as well.

Last edited by SrfrGirl; 01-19-2013 at 12:09 AM..
Old 01-19-2013, 03:56 AM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi makeme! It is so good to hear from you! And no, we have not heard from GT. I hope she is ok. A week on Stills will put you back in your jeans with a comfortable fit!
Thanks Mim... I have some extra lean steak mince here....think I'll make the lasagne with that....it's OK to go a little higher fat on the first day or two and besides I will use a method that reduces the fat even further.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:27 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
WTG Mar!!!!!!!!!!!!

MMS, I sent GT a PM last week..........she has posted on some threads so at least I know she is alive and nothing horrible happened to her.
I had been beside myself with worry, even considered emailing one of the admins, but then I remembered I could search the boards, surely there she was, not posting a lot but dated Jan. 2013.
I hope all is well. Still peddling your duvet covers on ebay? I swear you must have the most fashionable linen closet in all of the shire

M16, thighs just beg for chicken cacciatore.........and, pound for pound, tofu is almost just as expensive as meat........

Mim, age is just a number........mine just happens to be a white lie
CC, glad she is OK, wish she would pop in. Did you say hi? - Been a bit quiet on the selling front, been giving to charity. Love it there though, its sooo addictive when you get into it! How about you? Oh, the chicken dish makes my mouth water!

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-19-2013 at 04:30 AM..
Old 01-19-2013, 04:31 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
and well done!

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-19-2013 at 04:33 AM..
Old 01-19-2013, 05:46 AM   #194
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Saturday morning! My coffee tastes especially good this morning. I have a meeting from 1-5 today. Ug. But Saturday meetings don't happen all that often, so I shouldn't complain!

MMS- I always start out higher in fat. It helps cut down on the ick feeling and eases me into the program! What is the lasagna recipe you use?

Mar - you have an advantage over the other students. You have worked, so when you finish the program you are in, you will graduate not only with book learning buy with practical experience!

Gidget, don't worry about your calories too much. It is good to keep an eye on them and to pay attention to how you feel. But eating lean mean/fish means not much in the way of calories! Just be sure to eat!

I have a pot-luck to attend next Sunday. I'm pondering what to make - something that I can eat that everyone will like! Srfr I'm heading to your site to see if there is something there!

Have a good Saturday everyone!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #195
Junior LCF Member

Thank you everyone. I feel great today on Day 3 and lost another .6 lbs. My all time high was 228...a couple months ago and started low carb then switched to Stillmans because I kept stalling bad and now I am 14 lbs down total so I am happy with that. I bought a mini trampoline today and did 10 minutes. That was much harder than I thought it was going to be. LOL I plan to do 3x10 minutes a day to start.

No hunger today at all. I had 2 hard boiled eggs with a touch of salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Lunch was a packet of lemon pepper tuna in water. Hmmmm mulling over what to make for dinner. I have extra lean ground turkey down from the freezer so maybe some turkey burgers with some no sugar ketchup.

This WOE is so easy to follow and I have TONS of energy. I really want to be in a bikini this summer but have a ways to go. If I can lose 3+ lbs a week on average then that is great!
Old 01-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Just poking in to say hello. I have been doing pretty good the last week. I had one thing off plan (popcorn) on Thursday but other than that I am eating great.
Today I finally felt great mentally. It is so hard to stay on plan when I get upset with myself. Losing the same 20 pounds for 5 years has just finally sunk in. I am really sick of it.
I am pretty determined to get this fat off and be done with it.

I love seeing so many of you doing well.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #197
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Ashley! Come on in and talk to us more! I know what you mean about losing the same weight. I am committed to getting to goal and am moving in that direction slowly. Very slowly.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

{{{{{{{Bratty}}}}}}

welcome Gidget !!!!!!!!!!

MMS, she didn't reply, so I don't know what's going on with her......sigh.....

I've been clearing to the charity, too; somewhere on the horizon there may be a move to Florida since my Dad passed, so slowly prepping for the eventuality.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

cheers! hoisting one now !

Cirrhosis of the Liver Information why you won't get cirrhosis on a low carb diet.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:08 PM   #200
Junior LCF Member

I was also wondering....does this diet lead to "Rabbit Starvation" or acute protein poisoning. I feel great but have had the opposite of constipation which I thought would be a problem by this point...TMI but I am having explosive loose stools. Only a touch of headache but tons of energy. I am loving this diet but now am worried after a few people I know pointed out that I could die eating this way and researched the above on my own. I don't want to add fats and carbs because I am doing so good. I have no kidney problems. Should I be worried???
Old 01-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I was also wondering....does this diet lead to "Rabbit Starvation" or acute protein poisoning. I feel great but have had the opposite of constipation which I thought would be a problem by this point...TMI but I am having explosive loose stools. Only a touch of headache but tons of energy. I am loving this diet but now am worried after a few people I know pointed out that I could die eating this way and researched the above on my own. I don't want to add fats and carbs because I am doing so good. I have no kidney problems. Should I be worried???
Gidget don't worry: We are here to help.

We have all gone through what you are right now. Loose stools, headache, friends that tell you misinformation. Don't tell them your diet and they won't know. I have a friend that tries to force feed me veggies, cookies, and bread because she thinks carbs are the most important thing. She's overweight. A Carbaholic. She eats pizzas and burritos. Candy & brownies. Cereal for breakfast. She tells me I shouldn't eat meat it's bad. Her idea of eating protein is salty bean soup. Every day she tells me she's bloated.

Please note. Stop reading the internet rare health disorders. Don't listen to friends that give misinformation. We here have done this Stillmans and even zero carb a long time. No problems.

Rabbit starvation occurs only in those who don't have significant preexisting fat stores. And you have to eat wild lean rabbits for a long time. A really long time and nothing else. Rare. Explorers that had nothing else got it. Some even say it's a myth.

Your body is purging toxins and carbs. You will have a headache and loose stools. You are healing.

At the beginning your body is trying to purge toxins, water and fat. That's why you are losing so much weight right now. Then you will stall. Your body will acclimate to your new weight and way of eating. You will be getting constipation soon. Hint: magnesium. After some time,then you will start to loose again.

Feel better, this too shall pass.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:50 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I have a pot-luck to attend next Sunday. I'm pondering what to make - something that I can eat that everyone will like! Srfr I'm heading to your site to see if there is something there!
I love pot lucks. Let me know what you make. I need ideas too.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Thanks Mim... I have some extra lean steak mince here....think I'll make the lasagne with that....it's OK to go a little higher fat on the first day or two and besides I will use a method that reduces the fat even further.
MMS: What's the lasagna recipe? Do tell. I don't have a low carb recipe for that yet. Sounds great!
Old 01-20-2013, 04:50 AM   #204
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Read what Srfr just said - a dozen times! My drs all are pleased I'm doing low carb. And I have doctors! I have MS and low carb really helps keep the symptoms down. And my gp who has told me for years and years to lose weight is very pleased. Listen to your body. You feel great! Keep on keeping on!
Old 01-20-2013, 04:53 AM   #205
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Sunday morning! I'm down another pound! Yesterday I had a meeting and guess what? I wore a dress! I rarely wear dresses because pantyhose are so uncomfortable when one is at my weight. But not anymore! I felt great!

CC- I'm not sure GT has really posted this month. When you do the search, the date that shows up is the date you are doing the search.

Gotta run - an early meeting before church. Ug.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:52 AM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

again, I recommend the following article and website to begin to understand why this eating plan is healthy............

http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/vegetarian.html

Last edited by CCGirl; 01-20-2013 at 06:53 AM..
Old 01-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #207
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrfrGirl View Post
Gidget don't worry: We are here to help.

We have all gone through what you are right now. Loose stools, headache, friends that tell you misinformation. Don't tell them your diet and they won't know. I have a friend that tries to force feed me veggies, cookies, and bread because she thinks carbs are the most important thing. She's overweight. A Carbaholic. She eats pizzas and burritos. Candy & brownies. Cereal for breakfast. She tells me I shouldn't eat meat it's bad. Her idea of eating protein is salty bean soup. Every day she tells me she's bloated.

Please note. Stop reading the internet rare health disorders. Don't listen to friends that give misinformation. We here have done this Stillmans and even zero carb a long time. No problems.

Rabbit starvation occurs only in those who don't have significant preexisting fat stores. And you have to eat wild lean rabbits for a long time. A really long time and nothing else. Rare. Explorers that had nothing else got it. Some even say it's a myth.

Your body is purging toxins and carbs. You will have a headache and loose stools. You are healing.

At the beginning your body is trying to purge toxins, water and fat. That's why you are losing so much weight right now. Then you will stall. Your body will acclimate to your new weight and way of eating. You will be getting constipation soon. Hint: magnesium. After some time,then you will start to loose again.

Feel better, this too shall pass.
THANK YOU sooo much. I was really starting to worry. I was getting upset because I am losing so good, have no cravings, and am feeling so good aside from the bathroom issue. I am down to 214.0 and am so amazed with how I feel. I have a major food addiction and eat for all the wrong reasons. Doing this simple WOE has liberated me mentally and I am free to deal with my emotional issues that used to lead me to binge on everything...usually massive amounts of carbs. I really want a lifestyle change and to focus on other things in life. This site and forum is a life-saver. Reading through all you guy's posts is so inspirational and I hope soon to have stats like all of you. I am pushing for onederland first and so close...15 lbs which I think I can do pretty quickly. I have been losing about .5 to 1 lb a day. I know I am past the water weight since I have slowed down but knowing it is all fat from here on out is GREAT!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #208
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Read what Srfr just said - a dozen times! My drs all are pleased I'm doing low carb. And I have doctors! I have MS and low carb really helps keep the symptoms down. And my gp who has told me for years and years to lose weight is very pleased. Listen to your body. You feel great! Keep on keeping on!
Thank you!! My doc told me at my last appointment to avoid carbs and sugar because I have a tad bit of high cholesterol. I am sure this WOE and even Atkins over the long term will take care of that. You all have reassured me that this is the right WOE for me until goal. Once I get close to goal I am going to slowly move into Atkins rungs or the 14 day shape up plan for maintenance.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #209
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrfrGirl View Post
I love pot lucks. Let me know what you make. I need ideas too.

I've been looking around and have decided that I'll make a taco casserole. There are several different recipes in various low carb sites. I'll choose one and let you know how it comes out! I'm also going to make banana pudding - the congregation will love it. I told them about a stuffed monkey that was holding a banana I had as a little girl. I've gotten a monkey and bananagrams from them, so they will get the joke about the banana pudding. I won't have any!
Old 01-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

the wind is ROARING up here..........the power is out and we are on generator. Bless my Dad for upgrading us years ago.

Once again I have boneless breasts and not a clue what to do with them. I was considering a huge batch of tenders/fingers, they're so great to grab and go or throw on a salad.