Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 01:31 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
hi rosebud, absolutely keep chatting here! and absolutely do what is right for you.

so today is monday, following a wonderful and very busy weekend. Have a great day everyone!
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 04:06 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: milo_juniper
Stats: 150's/117g (5'3")
WOE: Stillman's for now
Hello, all! I've done Stillman's twice before, both times I made it to 3 weeks (and about 7lbs) before I quit. This time I feel more mentally prepared. Over the past few months I've been overhauling my life. I became sober 4.5 months ago, dropped dairy 2 months ago (EVERY SINGLE TIME I eat dairy, my stomach feels like it is digesting a brick and my skin breaks out. I've tried eating dairy with different levels of fat, and raw dairy, but still, nothing changes. So dairy is now out of my life forever, and I'm a-ok with that), and wheat/gluten a few weeks ago (this has totally eliminated my lifelong digestive problems!)

The last time I tried Stillman's, Aleriaaa's posts would motivate me to keep going. (For any newbies, I highly suggest doing a search for Aleriaaa and reading what she has to say).

Another piece of motivation was reading this post from CuteScoot:
"You were asking how much weight I lost in the first 2 months....49 lbs. No kidding! You will never lose weight faster on any other diet! I just hard cored it, because there is no other way! I ate TONS of eggs everyday, sometimes up to a dozen a day, scrambled, plain omelettes, over easy (with a few sprays of Pam,you can do it very carefully, lol), you name it! TONS of tuna mixed with mustard and hot sauce (sounds nasty, but I grew to love it!), 90% lean ground meat for burgers, (sometimes wrapped in lettuce), sometimes mixed ground with my eggs, turkey burgers out the YIN YANG! Regular turkey when my cheap butt could afford it! Tons of coffee,but I switched to decaf because I thought regular was hindering my weight loss, and I was right! Just black coffee, no fake sugars, no creamers, no cheese at all! Just meat and eggs, meat and eggs! Oh, and TONS, and TONS of water, lol!! The beauty of this diet is that you don't even have to exercise to get results....I didn't move a muscle for about a month lol. But I will tell you the very best exerciser EVER for getting small FAST is a rebounder! I tried everything else,my very expensive elliptical trainer for an hour a day, and wasn't getting the results that jumping 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes at night were doing! Very good investment! Oh,and it's a lot of fun! ~pep"

Now I feel prepared to do Stillman's one last time. Going hardcore: just meat, fish, and eggs, plain coffee, plain tea, water, a multi-vitamin, and a cholorophyll tablet (to control body odor that occurs with ketosis). I am prepared to do this for as long as I have to until I'm down to an acceptable weight. This will probably take me 2-3 months. I'm not weighing myself regularly because I don't want to obsess over numbers. I'll just weigh myself every time I notice a different in the fit of my clothes. I'm not going to make exceptions for cheat days, if I have any social obligations I will just plan to eat accordingly.

I've lost weight multiple times in my life, and I've always had a problem with maintenance. The maintenance stage of the Dukan Diet is to eat whatever you want in moderation (for me this will be everything that isn't alcohol, dairy, or wheat/gluten), and then eat only protein (Stillman's) one day a week for the rest of your life.

This seems like a fair deal...2-3 months of eating only meat/eggs to SATIETY, and then one day a week of eating only meat/eggs...in exchange for maintaining a healthy weight for the rest of your life!

I'm off to buy some eggs! I've found that if you blend eggs in a Magic Bullet, add a little garlic, onion powder, and a T of water before you scramble them, they come out so fluffy and flavorful.
milo_juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:44 AM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
{{{{{{{{{{{Milo}}}}}}}}}} welcome back!!!!!!!!!

with what you've given up it sounds like a candida problem, have you considered probiotics??????
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:36 AM   #154
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyNikki
Stats: 198.5/192/130
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept 2012
Morning all!

Welcome Milo! Loved your post - very encouraging I have a rebounder too and have been working out on Stillmans with great results, but when i take breaks i still lose a lot. Also the tuna w/ hotsauce is great. I think i put hotsauce on everything on Stillmans, lol. Eggs etc. For some reason, i eat less too and it kinda stops me from searching for something else to munch on. Kinda curious about Dukan diet. Is it something you have tried?

So had my highly anticipated reunion it was really awesome to see my man after 5 weeks apart and we had grown much closer in that time too. it was all kinda emotional. He seemed to appreciate my body allot (lol....) so i was as good as one could be for a crazy weekend.

Sat i was very good except 1 light beer.
Sun i was mostly good, but my man gave me a few treats so i had a couple of chocolates and peanut butter. i didn't eat much overall tho so hoping i wont see a gain or not much.
Today/Mon:

B: was mcdonalds 2 egg mcmuff (no bread) and 2 sausage burrito (no wrap) and coffee - was really hungry maybe from the lil bit of carbs from last night.
L: might skip it depending if im super hungry
D: Probably some egg whites and a little chicken

Just joined a gym finally! hoping i am not too tired to get there today

have a great day all.

xoxo

Last edited by SkinnyNikki; 01-14-2013 at 05:39 AM..
SkinnyNikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:53 AM   #155
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Monday morning! I had a nasty surprise on the scale this morning. But I shall ignore it! I have stayed on plan so it will work itself out. Tomorrow is my weigh in for the week, so hopefully I will still show a loss.

Milo!welcome back! You are a very strong woman. Congratulations on getting sober. Well done. You will feel great being on Stillman's. But you already know that, eh!

I need to get going. I have my tuna in my purse. I suddenly have a craving for tuna salad. I am going to the store later today and among the things I need to buy is more plain tinned tuna!

Catch ya'all later!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #156
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I am having a Monday. I ate off plan at lunch = not horrible but off plan. Then I had some candy. I was going to go to the store and buy more off plan stuff but ended up needing to get home after a quick stop at the office. Since I've been home I've been munching on cucumbers and peppers. I'm going to fix a high fat dinner. My emotions have me on a roller coaster right now. Ahhh such is life!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mim, whatever is troubling you...........=>Blessings=> sending your way and to all.......I just pulled out a bag of the last of the candied orange rinds in the bottom of my freezer that Mom sent me last Christmas 2011.

She had no reason to make them this past Christmas, I'm fighting back the tears........
Old 01-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #158
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, CC. I had thought that I was quite settled with my decision to stay here. But there have been little cracks in the fabric of reality since I made the decision! Today there was a big crack - dd announced she is pregnant with her 4th baby! They are so far away. Alas.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

awwwwwwwwww honey, it's not that far.

I have rels in Chi town, dunno how they afford it...........

I think a grammaw in lovely Pa would be a welcome relief for city folk. And she is prob questioning the move........it will all work out in the end for us, I hope.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:13 AM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hoops
Stats: 5'9"
Quick hello! I had a busy day and heading to bed. Just wanted to check in with you all. I will have to catch up with you all tomorrow.

Stay with it!
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:05 AM   #161
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Well, today is weigh in day and I've stayed the same. My trip to feel sorry for myself land netted me a two pound gain. But I've realized something and will act accordingly. I wasn't feeling well. I was so tired and lethargic that I wasn't doing anything but sitting around! I suspect that I need to change how I'm doing this for a bit. I'm going to try adding some carbs - low carb veggies. Not many - I will stay within 10-15 for the day. But I was doing basically no carbs and low fat and for some reason was feeling horrid. I was drinking a lot too. My fizzy water making machine has helped me drink more fluid but I may have been overdoing it. I want to start exercising but I've been too tired after I get home. Hopefully I'll get this worked out. Emotionally, I'm back! All will be well.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

stay strong, Mim, look how far you've come !!!!!!!!!!

these short days cetainly aren't energy inspiring.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SrfrGirl
Stats: Goal: 125 lbs.
WOE: Stillman's & Zero Carb
Start Date: 5/20/12 restart 12/23/12
Hello Loves!

Mim...congrats on the new grand baby.

Me, eh, yesterday I ate some ice cream-and the cone at the theatre. Went to a concert and had a lite beer.

Back on track today.

turkey bacon
Low fat cheese
Turkey breast slices (real turkey)
Lean beef patty.

I'm really trying here. Not gonna let the slip ups bother me.
SrfrGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:05 AM   #164
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Wednesday morning! I am feeling so much stronger this morning. And the scale gods have been good to me. I really need to sole these next 10 pounds. It is like I run to the hurdle, get ready to jump over and then back away! I don't know what my hang-up is! But I will keep on keeping on!

We had a winter freeze warning last night. I can see that the roads are wet but I don't know if they are icy! I'll have to drive to work though because it is raining. And then this afternoon it is supposed to snow. I really love winter, honest! But rain, ice and then snow are a pain!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #165
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: m16rivera
Hi all!
It's been awhile since I've posted here but I do periodically float around and read your posts. It's also been about 7 years since I successfully did Stillmans and I'm back to re-commit. 2012 was very hard on me and needless to say, I've gained about 20lbs which isn't too terrible since I lost over 100lbs about 10 years ago but it's still a bummer. Hurricane Sandy destroyed my home in north Jersey so I've had to move in with my boyfriend. Money is tight so this time around I am doing Stillmans with tofu, tuna, eggs and sf jello. I actually crave the tofu thinly sliced, dressed with adobo and cracked black pepper, fried with a shot of pam. I'm also excersising 45 minutes a day 3-4 times a week. Today is my birthday so I've decided to start today LOL. Wish me luck and hope all of you are doing well. Happy new year!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #166
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Birthday M16! And welcome back! I'm so sorry about your home. It sounds like you have a plan to stay on plan though. Hang with us! We are all in this together.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #167
Junior LCF Member

Thank you so much Mim! I think starting out today was a bad idea lol. I know my bf is going to want to watch a movie and have a few drinks to celebrate, and tomorrow his mom, sister and nieces are having a birthday cake for me. How could I say no after they go through the trouble of getting me a cake?! I should've started on Friday so I'm going to do that now. I will have my birthday cake tomorrow but I will still do my 45 minutes of exercise. Come Friday I'll be on the wagon full force. I'm hanging on from the back now trying to pull myself up LOL!!!

Last edited by m16rivera; 01-16-2013 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: CAN'T SPELL
m16rivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #168
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Enjoy your birthday cake! I was wondering if you were going to have special birthday food! Friday is a good day to start!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Welcome to Milo Juniper and M16! Happy birthday! Post your food when you can, both of you.
Hi to all the Stillmans Girls!

I went to Bed Bath & Beyond today. I could just live in there.
I got a new one serve coffee/tea maker because mine had a problem and makes to big a hole in the K cup causing coffee grounds in the cup (they exchanged it for free), new knives & block (I didn't like the one I bought on sale so they let me trade it out too. I traded up and paid a few dollars), and a new cook pan.

The Caphalon were way too expensive so I got a nice Emeril brand pan for searing my fish. I haven't mastered my iron skillet yet -still learning. The teflon pans get so icky with using Pam nonstick and teflon just can't handle the heat. I threw the 2 teflon pans out. The handles were even loose. This Emeril pan is sturdy, like my old Caphalon that I lost when I moved, never could find it! Waiting for a Caphalon sale. If I like this Emeril pan I may get more of those instead.
Everything I bought rocks.
I saw the soda machines that Mim got. Very nice! Mim I'm glad you are doing so good.

My lower fat diet is taking a toll on my lips. I'm going to buy some of Dr. Haushka's rose lip balm tomorrow. Not Stillman's allowed but I have to. My lip is hurting from a crack on the side.

Today:
Low sodium chicken broth-Knorr brand
Low fat cheese
Turkey
Brisket - from a local Jewish eatery. I feel puffy and bloated when I don't make my own.

Not to hungry now but I need to grill a London Broil for tomorrow's lunch. In the 50's degrees here so the BF is helping me watch it while I'm cozy inside. May eat some of it. Not sure.

Update: The BF used the charcoal/propane hybrid trick and the meat turned up nicely charbroiled on the outside, tender on the inside. I had 2 bites. Saving the rest for lunch tomorrow. He did a great job. He said the ginger lime home made marinade was very tasty.

Last edited by SrfrGirl; 01-16-2013 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: Update
Old 01-17-2013, 05:26 AM   #170
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Thursday morning! Srfr - sounds like you are doing great! I am in the process of changing my pots and pans. I have one, and will order another soon. I'll get a new one every two months.

I am on plan but not rocking the weight loss. I'm going to give my new tweak until Tuesday - my weigh in day and then make a decision about how I'll proceed. At least I can walk to my office today.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:01 AM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi all and welcome back M16 !!!!!!!!!

just a friendly warning on the tofu..........

Like all seeds, soybeans have phytic acid in their hulls, but soybeans have considerably more. This substance binds with several minerals, notably calcium, zinc and iron in such a way that it prevents the digestion from absorbing them. This can result in deficiencies of these essential minerals.

Soybeans also contain other undesirable chemicals:

¨ Potent enzyme inhibitors that block the action of trypsin, a digestive enzyme needed to digest proteins. This leads not only to chronic amino acid deficiencies but also to enlargement of the pancreas (in animals) and cancer.

¨ Hemaglutinin, which promotes the clumping of red blood cells. These clumped cells are less able to take up oxygen and carry it to body tissues. Hemaglutinin is also known to inhibit growth.

Fermentation reduces these harmful effects. Miso and tamari are fermented soy products.

On the other hand bean curd and tofu are made by precipitating soybean with either calcium sulphate or magnesium sulphate. Soy products made by this method are not as safe as the fermented products. Nevertheless, tofu accounts for some ninety percent of processed soybeans eaten in Asia today.

Eating soy with meat reduces its mineral blocking effect but vegetarians who eat tofu, expecting it to act as a protein substitute, risk severe mineral deficiencies. Soy products also contain no vitamin B-12, or the essential fat-soluble vitamins A and D that are needed for the absorption of minerals. Indeed soy increases the need for these vitamins.

World renowned nutritionists, Sally Fallon MA and Mary Enig PhD, say " traditional fermented soy products have a long history of use that is generally beneficial when combined with other elements of the Oriental diet including rice, sea foods, fish broth and fermented vegetables. Precipitated (Western) soy products can cause serious problems, especially when they form the major source of protein in the diet ".

Please, if you haven't, read the entire article.....

The Naive Vegetarian

Last edited by CCGirl; 01-17-2013 at 06:03 AM..
Old 01-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Hello, all...just doing a drive-by! I have had company here since Saturday, and very busy, busy, busy! Before that, I had a few days without guests, but of the 20 days I've been in Florida, I've had company all buy about 4 days!

Packing today for a trip to Key West: looking forward to being there for several days (we visited very briefly a couple of years ago on a cruise ship excursion but only had like 5 hours on shore and vowed to go back with more time some day. Well, some day is here now, lol.) So I won't be on the forum much for the next few days, either. I will be staying on plan as much as possible...probably mostly Atkins, though, since it is difficult to eat all Stillman's when it's all restaurant food. Hoping to just maintain for the next 5 days...but prepared for the inevitable restaurant-salt-gain I cannot seem to avoid.

Good to see all the activity on here...glad people are doing well. We seem to be off to a pretty good start with 2013, folks, yay us

Anyway, I've stayed on plan for the most part...appetite has been low lately (mild nausea from my meds...not nice feeling, but the upside is less calories in=weight loss.) Have bounced down another couple so now down 5 for January: I'll take it. That includes eating a lot of Atkins-style restaurant meals, since I've had almost non-stop guests since getting to Florida, so I'm pleased with that progress.

Best wishes, all..and KUTGW

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 01-17-2013 at 08:16 AM..
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cat, have a fun and safe trip !
Old 01-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #174
Junior LCF Member

Hello ladies,
How're you guys doing? CCGirl, thanks for the material on tofu. I do take a multivitamin and sublingual b complex because I am anemic. I've heard the good and bad about tofu. I always buy the non GMO and organic when it's on sale. I've never felt terrible eating it. I actually feel fuller and with more energy than when I eat meat, especially the very lean cuts. I'm going to stick to the tofu for now since I can't really afford anything else other than tuna. After a few days of tuna I get grossed out. Eggs tho I can never get tired of! Except hard boiled eggs. A few of those and they go the way of the tuna LOL. Hope you guys have a great weekend. OXO
Old 01-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

m16, you will never suffer anemia on this WOE. I wonder what is causing this in you ????

IMHO. lean beef.......
Old 01-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
I was at 150 Monday and hope to be in the 140's this Monday! I am not being super strict so a slow loss is still a good loss!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #177
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I was at 150 Monday and hope to be in the 140's this Monday! I am not being super strict so a slow loss is still a good loss!
Yeah Mar! You are doing great! How is school?
Old 01-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Hi Mar CC, Mim, & M16.

And the other girls on Stillmans.

Hope you are all doing great!

Eggs this morning.
1 piece low fat cheese
Beef bullion
Dinner is chicken with capers.

Not much food really I know. It was because of avalibility of good, right food. The BF ate the leftovers from yesterday so I didn't have any to bring to work.I went downstairs in the office today and they had doughnuts. The Krispy Kreme kind. I almost caved. I walked away. Or RAN away.

When I'm skinny I will eat them. Lots. Just Sayin'.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: domesticbliss
Stats: 221/188/a fit 160 @ 5'7''
WOE: Atkins/Calorie Control
Start Date: January 2012; Restart 11/13
Hello from a lurker!
I was just curious about how many calories you all are eating in a day?
domesticbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:28 AM   #180
Junior LCF Member

Morning all,
CCGirl, I've always been anemic, even as a child. My mom is very anemic and has had to have blood transfusions in the last couple of years. I did do stillmans 7 years ago but only with chicken and turkey breast. I do eat beef when it's available. The problem now is the money issue. I can't afford to buy the lean cuts I need but I'm plugging away. Hopefully I'll find a job soon and incorporate more meat.
Domesticbliss, I really have no idea how many calories I eat. When I did stillman previously they where around 1000 a day with 360 cals being a 1 lb container of friendship pot style 2% cottage cheese. This time around I'm doing without the CC, again because of the price. Prices are cheaper here in PA than in north Jersey but weekly shopping trips for 2 people have obviously doubled. Can't think of just myself this time around cos I have a construction worker BF who works ten hours a day and is a meat and potatoes kind of guy. He's been living off meat that's on sale like chicken thighs lol but he doesnt complain. I have a million ways to make it LOL.
Have a safe and wonderful Friday! I'm treating myself to a birthday haircut and blow out!
OXO

PS thanks all for the support!

Last edited by m16rivera; 01-18-2013 at 04:30 AM..