Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SrfrGirl
Stats: Goal: 125 lbs.
WOE: Stillman's & Zero Carb
Start Date: 5/20/12 restart 12/23/12
Everyone Hello! I'm still here. Really bad day yesterday and almost went off plan.

So many of you are smart for buying egg whites instead of eggs. I must get these.

I will have lean beef tonight (flank steak) and stay on plan. I hope it won't be too dry. Getting the steak, dry spices, limes for juicing in the marinade on the way home.

Ashley: I'm hearing you on the hormone assault! I woke up with water weight and body aches.

Mim & Nikki: Goal about 130 lbs. Secretly 120 lbs. I'm 158 today.

Nikki i know what you mean about gaining really quick in the past. I was a vegetarian on Depo Provera for birth control and gained weight eating everything with bread or wrapped with a tortilla with a glass of wine. I started Atkins, began to eat meat, stopped all the bread and potatoes and lost weight. First 15 lbs off were Atkins, rest of the loss zero carb.
About 3 yrs ago at least I think it was 3, maybe 4 years ago I was 198 lbs. then went to to 154 lbs. Back up to 170 lbs due to carbfesting then 158 lbs. I made so many mistakes at first. Hidden sugars, hidden carbs, etc. Now I need to get in a bikini by Summer.

Hi Candy, Welcome!

Today I had:
eggs, home made turkey sausage
canned albacore tuna
Dinner will be lean beef steak

Last edited by SrfrGirl; 01-10-2013 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: egg whites
SrfrGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hi guys! another on plan day to all!

Pets.......OMG do we have pets........

we are sadly down to eight cats, our gus are older and the herd is thinning; and the two horses Galahad and Lancelot are sixteen now so they have lots of time left.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG home made turkey sausage...........Srfr, I can be there in four days......mmmmmmm
Old 01-11-2013, 02:05 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hoops
Stats: 5'9"
Quick question....

I have a get together for a very close gf's birthday at an Italian restaurant. The gals will probably have wine, pasta, garlic bread... Golly, what to order? A big meatball?
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:05 AM   #125
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Friday morning! I'm not going to have any days off this week because I have work to do tomorrow. Alas. I may go in this morning to work some before I go get my hair trimmed, or I may wait until this afternoon. There might be a walk to the office sometime today!

Did I mention that I'm getting my hair trimmed today? : ) This is significant because for the longest time I have been unhappy with my hair. I got a really bad cut many months ago and then a friend told me about her hairdresser. It is a bit more expensive than places I usually go, but my hair looks good. For me, this is part of my weight loss journey. Clothes that look nice, hair that looks nice, putting on make-up every day even when I'm not going anywhere..........life is a process!

Hoops when I go to an Italian restaurant, which is not very often, I get a steak, salad and 1 glass of red wine. Next to Chinese, Italian is hard to navigate! I got a gift card from a parishioner for an Italian restaurant. I may re-gift it! Good luck and have fun!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:49 AM   #126
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyNikki
Stats: 198.5/192/130
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept 2012
Hi all Happy day...! Down another 2#'s yippie! If i keep on this streak- i will be in a good place by sunday... but also thinking ahead in a few weeks from now - hmmmm could be really serious 'damage' in the weightloss dept *.* Just have to keep at it! I just can't wait to get into the 160's and even lower... wear all my cute clothes again! Super duper excited for all of that! Its so much more then that too- health, confidence etc.

Yesterday was out w/ my brother- and he was touching my face saying how skinny it looks! lol and how his "sis is back" which was really nice to hear. I know he saw how much i gained after my divorce. I have to forgive myself since that ***** was no joke hard, even with things being amicable and all.

Hope you all have a nice visit by the woosh fairy too.

Yesterday looked like:
B: Egg whites
Sn: canned smoked oysters w/ hotsauce
L: chicken and steak strips (frozen kind) w/ hotsauce and some dressing
Skipped dinner... just had a venti skinny latte sugar-free
+ coffee w/ half/half all day (just use 1) and a lil splenda & H2O of course!

was a tad hungry going to bed. but trying not to eat too close to bed and so worth it for the losses today

Today:
B: Egg whites, lil cheese plus 3 strips turkey bacon
Sn: Tuna (the package kind w/ seasonings)
L: likely steak strips w/ dressing.
D: not sure if i will skip and just get coffee instead.

xoxoxo

ps-

SrfrGirl- I can relate! Crazy how quick it comes on. Wonder why... Come to think of it- I actually lost a lot of weight when my marriage started to slide downhill. Was not really low carbing, but was not really eating lol. I was really in a crazy depressed/shocked state. I want down into the 130's from that, but i also tend to be able to handle a lil more carbs the thinner i am. Then decided like a moron to go Raw vegan, and while i got a nice glow for a time, my weight stayed around the same (and i had always thought my loss was due to that diet, but in reality it was b/c i lost so much prior). I just maintained that way. But then started dating and partying too often, drinking etc ... and my ED kicked in :/ In a few short months- gained from 140s up to like 170.. then from reading nonsense on Matt stones blogs etc.. that i should "eat the food" and such nonsense.. it crept up to almost 190! :0 that was a scary moment for me. Im only 5'4" small boned so it was not a cute sight. I have to have faith in low carbing, it has saved me each time. I also had done a 30 day juice fast/feast! 30 days of just liquids. Went down into 168 range. But didn't friking eat food lol. and of course, it came back on ... hopefully it did not do damage and maybe did some kind of healing for my body at least :/

sorry to rant lol. but- i think we are headed in the right direction now! Lets stay accountable

Hoops- Does the restaurant have a online menu? This way you dont have to be anxious going to dinner. You have been on a great streak so just stick w/ it as best as you can- but i completely relate w/ the diet stuff and being social. Tons of people low carb so im sure the restaurant is used to accommodating and customizing the order. I used to get anxious to customize my order, but then i realized everyone does it! ex: my ex only liked fries so he would "sub" anything healthy w/ "fries" so if he can do that, there is no reason you cant ask for no sides or just a salad or green beans etc. Good luck! and have fun!! will you drink any wine or anything?

Last edited by SkinnyNikki; 01-11-2013 at 07:06 AM..
SkinnyNikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Laura, make it an Atkins meal at the Italian restaurant, for sure. Most Italian restaurants I've been at will have a nice Caesar salad on the menu, usually with the option of adding grilled chicken or grilled salmon to make it an entree . Caesar is usually safe...low in carbs (as long as you skip the croutons, of course.) And your question about planned cheat days...well, that's a hot topic. I have had a number of off-plan days in the last 10 months, including a couple of short vacations and time off plan around Christmas. Here's the deal with eating off plan: you have to be prepared to get right back to clean eating the next day. But you also must be prepared for the set-backs (Even one day off plan WILL cause weight gain: be ready for the scale-shock. Sometimes it doesn't show up until 48 hours later, too. Sneaky) And be prepared to deal with the psychological let-down of gaining a bit. And be prepared for at least a few days to as much as a couple of weeks for your body to re-set and start losing again. My experience is one day off-plan eating...3-4 days to get back to where I was before. 2 days off-plan can take a week to get back to where I was...3 days off-plan can take 10 days. And that's just to get back to where I was...could be another couple of days to actually start losing again. So it's a matter of choosing what is best for you...if you think about the consequences...and are ready to deal with them...and think the off-plan food will be enjoyable enough to be worth those consequences: well, then go ahead, and enjoy the off plan day. And get right back to clean eating the next day. It can be done...sometimes it is worth the "gain pain".

On a side note...it may seem like just words...but words have a lot of power in the way we look at things, the way we internalize things. I have a suggestion that you may find helpful. Don't think of it as "cheat day"...I dropped the word "cheat" from my dieting vocabulary...because cheating is something bad...and when you do something bad, then it is something you are "guilty" of...and that kind of negative connotation really sets you up for depressing-failure-feelings mind games that can spiral. Try looking at it this way: you have an eating plan that will help you lose weight. Certain foods are not on that plan...so when you choose to eat those foods you are eating off-plan. When you eat off-plan you will not lose weight. That is all. It's amazing the difference when you remove the "guilt" and "bad" connotations from how you eat, and simply turn it into CHOICES: when I had that epiphany last year...whoa. Now I find it much much much easier to (1) stay on plan 95% of the time and (2) go off-plan at times, enjoy it, and then go right back on-plan.

Otherwise, even a classic Italian salad should be OK. And they will probably have at least one steak or grilled chicken option on the menu.

Srfrgrl...the trick with bad days is to just get past them...new day, fresh start. And you stayed on plan anyway, so good for you. What do you marinade your flank steak in? I've been tempted to buy it, but seems like it is a tough cut unless marinated...but all my marinade recipes have some form of sugar in them. Recipte, please

Hiya, CCgirl...and yay for another on-plan day. They add up nicely...leading to a nice subtraction on the scale

Hi Candy..welcome! I hear ya on the alcohol...those calories add up (and I find that alcohol can increase my appetite too. So even if I eat all low-carb foods, I just plain eat too many total calories when I'm drinking.) I do much better when I skip the low-carb cocktail (though I love that evil alcohol)

Ashley, one day at a time...and count every day on plan as a VICTORY. You know the LC way works. You can do it...we're past the holidays, and in the boring winter, which makes it a GREAT time to diet, IMO.

Hiya, Mim...a good haircut can do wonders for the attitude! Hope you have a great time & a great stylist.

Hi, Nikki..congrats. You're melting away, awesome!

Rosebud, hope you're hanging in there. Come on for support!

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 01-11-2013 at 09:08 AM..
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #128
Junior LCF Member

Just wanted to pipe in here.. as catne makes great points about "cheating" etc. and to have reasonable expectations. Another thing/idea from the CAD is to limit your "splurge" lets call it to under 60 minutes, so at least you dont set off a insulin roller coaster. Eventually, once i am at my goal in a bit- i plan to maintain via CAD since i was losing anywhere from .5-1lb a day on it. But see if you can manage to stay on track, first. I might even apply that concept w/ alcohol, and will experiment w/ that a bit myself. (limiting drinking/eating "off" to 60 minutes or less). Just my 2cents
Old 01-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #129
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening! I just peeled eggs for deviled eggs. I'm taking tuna and deviled with me to the office tomorrow. Last year when we put the reports together we ordered pizza for lunch. I'm going to be ready this time! I really like deviled eggs but don't take the time to make them very often.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #130
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pschnz
Stats: 218/140
WOE: Low Carb/Glycemic or the Stillman plan works best.
Start Date: Off and On
Good evening everyone! It is inspiring to read of your eating adventures. Each week brings temptations and I find enough with the diet until it takes hold and I see those pounds (either water or fat) vanish. Being prepared is encouraging as I, too, hard boiled eggs and have a lamb shoulder chop waiting to "hit the Foreman grill" for dinner. I hate to waste such good food by giving into temptation (have dinner out tomorrow), a club meeting/lunch on Wednesday and a concert/lunch and dinner out on Sunday. Once I go off the diet, it is difficult to return, knowing it will take a good three days to get the body to respond again. It can be torturous watching others enjoy all the good looking and tasting food, but I have a few MAJOR reasons to be slimmed down. Looking forward to when we can all be "former" versions of ourselves! Good weekend to you -

Pschnz
Pschnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi losers! another good day had by all!

check out this pic from Dad over Xmas..............

xmas 2012.jpg
Old 01-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

CC- pull up a chair my friend!And I love the new signature quote about veterans!

Hoops: I now have a craving for a huge antipasto salad and meatballs! Let me know what you ate. My fav off plan are those fried cheese & rice balls When I'm 120 lbs. I will eat a whole bowl of them!

Mim: I bet you look amazing with your new haircut! I also do the make-up, dress up thing even if no sees. I do it for me. I love deviled eggs! I going to make some. If they order pizza and you want it, just peel the toppings off and throw away the crust. To Everyone: I know you have all done it. You were thinkin about it now, weren't you?

Nikki-you go skinny girl! Another 2 lbs gone! Sorry about you divorce but I'm also happy for you! Your diet looks great! The reason I went to low carb is this: I saw a picture of myself. While they were taking it, I thought "Wow I look good." When I saw it, I went on the internet and found the best and easiest way to lose weight was low carb. I never looked back.

Cathy: You are so right! I got through it and looking forward to a nice on plan weekend! I will post the marinade I made! Look for it after this post.

Pschnz: mmm... lamb chops!

Rosebud & Ashley...
Old 01-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Thai beef marinade:
Not strict Stillmans, but good.

2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons low sodium Thai fish sauce
a few sprinkles ground black pepper
1″ piece of fresh Ginger, grated
zest of one lime
juice of 6 limes
one spoonful of red curry paste
2 cloves garlic pressed
5 basil leaves sliced thinly
5 mint leaves chopped
1 tablespoon lemongrass minced
1 tsp. Asian hot chili sauce with seeds

Mix all the above and pour over meat, chicken or fish. Marinate as long as you can. Grill it over charcoals. I have a gas grill, so I put a couple real charcoals (not the kind with lighter fluid) under the grate before lighting the gas. It worked.
This would be great on chicken. Can't wait to try it. On Atkins days I would add sesame oil to the mix.
Any ideas on making this better? Please help make this better.
I am thinking of substituting green curry paste for a new fresh taste.

I lost weight the morning after eating this. 1.8 lbs. I was thinking maybe the hot sauce fires the metabolism?
Old 01-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I stayed home tonight. I had 3 different getherings I could've gone to... one at the pub around the corner with a couple gf's for afternoon drinks after work, one for a birthday dinner/wine with about a half dozen girls, and the last with other teachers from various schools with the main dish beer. I haven't felt well since Tuesday night, so I had to say no to all of the above, rubs some Vic's on my chest, and get in my jammies. Such is life. I guess the positive outcome of it all is that I stayed on plan.

Mim~ I bet you are having lots of fun with your new look! I should take your wisdom. I think that is going to be a reward for myself for staying on plan in the next few months. Can you share your deviled egg recipe with me? I seldom eat eggs, but those would be perfect to bring to a get together for a little snack or even to have at home. I would be most appreciative.

Nikki~ You are doing so well! Duh, I should've just looked online beforehand to see what to order. Why didn't I think of that? I ended up not going, but now I will do that in the future. Thanks! Sorry about your divorce. I am not sure how long ago it was but none-the-less. It sounds like you're in a pretty happy place now. I bet you did feel great when your brother complimented you. Hmmm, 60 minutes of a cheat just doesn't seem worth it. With that philosophy, I'd stay on plan. I need a good 3 hours to enjoy some drinks!

Cathy~ Thanks. I like how you worded all of that. Sure, I have one afternoon of drinks and food, yet not only do I not see a potential loss the next day on the scale but also several days I could've been losing when instead I am just fighting to get back to where I was before the off day. Now, my mind is very convincing when I want something. If I go off plan, I will make sure it is worth the "gain pain" How is everything going for you?

Pschnz~ You have a lot going on! How do you manage to stay on plan with all of the events, get togethers, luncheons, etc?

SrfrGirl~ Where do you learn to cook so well? Have you just been experimenting in the kitchen? Your recipes ALL look delicious!

CCGirl~ Is that you in the photo you posted with the long strawberry blonde hair?

Candy, Bratty, Rosebud, Leo, Shreem, Mar~ Hope you're all doing well.
Week 4 SMD=
Laura~ 43 yo

Last edited by Hoops; 01-11-2013 at 11:25 PM..
Old 01-12-2013, 05:17 AM   #135
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I lost another pound! I hope that means my body is in losing mode again! I am going to celebrate 25 years of ordained ministry the end of September. I want a new clergy robe and I've been saving a bit as I can to get what I want. I never had my doctoral chevrons put on and my new robe will have them. Anyway, the one I want is fitted, not like the one I wear now. I want to be able to order it in a small enough size that it can be taken in when I lose even more! I need to order it by the first of July to ensure that it gets here by the First Sunday of September. I don't wear a robe in the summer. It is too hot here! Anyway, I figure I have about 20 weeks before I need to order it. I am really going to push myself to exercise and stay on plan!

Hoops - It sounds like staying in last night was a good choice! Sometimes we need to listen to our body!

CC - great to see you!

Srfrgirl - I love Thai! I was just looking at one of my Thai cookbooks last night!

My hair looks good! My deviled egg recipe is: some miracle whip - very little, spicy mustard, sometimes pickles, this last batch has dill pickle juice. Paprika is really good sprinkled on top but I'm out.

Ok, I've got to get dressed so I can walk to the office. Happy Saturday!

Last edited by Mim; 01-12-2013 at 05:18 AM..
Old 01-12-2013, 05:51 AM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mim~ You are going to lose quite a bit of weight before you order that robe. :clapping:

Thank you for sharing your recipe for the deviled eggs. I may try them down the road after I work myself up to eat an egg. I know, I am ridiculous. I wish I liked eggs.

....heading back to bed. One of the dogs woke me up, because he is too large to squeeze through the dog door after the vet prescribe steroids for his back in September. Darn it, he is a 70 pound low rider, and the next larger door size it too tall for him to get in and out of. He got stuck in this door once, and now he won't use it. It is especially inconvenient and tough for him and me, because he holds it all day inside the house waiting for me to race back home after work to let him outside. I could put a hole in the house, but I don't intend to live in Vegas too much longer.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:34 AM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I didn't make it back to bed. It is 5-something now.

So, Mim got me thinking how quickly life passes by.... just 20 weeks until summer! Less than a year ago, I had about a dozen pounds to lose. I felt fantastic! I started gaining weight, so now I am stuck with the task of 12 pounds plus losing what I gained over the last 9 months. Drives me crazy! In 12 days on plan I've lost 12 pounds, so now losing the gain. I want to remember this feeling, so I don't slide so far back again. I like Dr. Stillman's rule of immediately starting QWL anytime we see a 3 pound increase in our weight, after a crazy weekend, or immediately upon return from a vacation. I think this is the golden ticket!

Yes, I am very happy I didn't cheat with drinks last night or the restaurant food with all the hidden sugar and oil, although I wish I felt well enough to hang with my friends.

Anyway, back to the thinking...
Old 01-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi Mim!

yeppers, that's me in the pic. Note how the camera lens fools you, my hands look like a gorilla's, they seem enormous (so does my butt) from the camera angle.....

wow nice losses hoops go you feel better soon and here's hoping that nobody gets the flu
Old 01-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #139
Junior LCF Member

HI all! a quick check in as i am down another 3lbs!! :O woah! i am just having my protein snacks not eating near bed and drinking coffee etc. holy crap it works great. darn.. wish i did this the whole 5 weeks my babe was away then id be like... invisible by the time he got back lol. Im going to see him tomorrow woohoo! wonder if he will notice the losses. im at 173 now lowest ive been in awhile- sinc the juice fast which brought me into the 160's. think i shold be there sorta soon! blowing through the 170s.Happy weekend and good luck all!! xoxo
Old 01-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Congrats to all you weight losers!

I made Mim's deviled eggs and they are divine!

Hoops I learned took cook from my mom. Then when I was working my way through college I watched the talented chefs and asked them questions.

Hoops feel better soon!

CC- you beautiful girl!

Last edited by SrfrGirl; 01-12-2013 at 12:40 PM..
Old 01-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Today I made brisket. I did not have breakfast. I got up late. I know...eat 6 x a day, but I didn't.

Baked Brisket lunch, Baked Brisket dinner tonight. Very lean. And very good! No veg. Baked with thyme sprigs and a Knorr (Hispanic version from the Mexican grocery. Very tomato-y and taste like tomato soup. The label says: Knorr Caldo de Tomate)tomato-chicken broth bullion because I did not have a can of tomatoes.

Nom.

I took a natural water pill. Water Factors from my health food store. Peeing a lot. Trying to ditch the sodium that I usually hold on to. Don't judge me on this because it is working. My hands and feet don't feel that swollen sodium feeling that I usually feel from bullion. I could not find a low sodium tomato bullion, but I did find low sodium chicken and beef bullion. If you see non sodium please tell me. I also found garlic bullion and cilantro bullion, but not low sodium.

Last edited by SrfrGirl; 01-12-2013 at 04:09 PM..
Old 01-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #142
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: debbi1972
cottage cheese...

question ladies...if I were to also have the cottage cheese, which type is best? (low-fat, fat free, etc.-just unsure as I know the lower the fat the higher the sugar content)
thx!
Deb
debbi1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:21 AM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CCGirl~ I had to take another look at your hands, since I didn't notice the first time. Your hair is gorgeous! You have it pulled up and it is past your butt! I let mine grow and grow and grow, but it is so fine that is breaks. So, it never gets much longer than a few inches past my shoulders (unless it is wet and straight). That reminds me...

Anyone use Wen six thirteen or any other product?

SrfrGirl~ Thanks. I wish I was feeling better. One of my gf's has been sick with this 3 weeks and her daughter for 7. Yikes! I think salt affects us all differently. I eat a lot without any problems. Have you always been ultra sensitive to salt? I'd love to try the cilantro boullion. I love cilantro. I hope the water pill does the trick for you.

Deb~ I wish I could help, however I don't like cottage cheese. I did buy some soy almond milk yesterday that didn't have any sugar and very low fat, just for a tablespoon if I drink a coffee. I will check my book on what Stillman says about the cottage cheese. I mean, he says we can eat beef hotdogs without the skin, and those are pretty high in fat.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:26 AM   #144
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Sunday morning! Srfrgirl - the flavored bouillon sounds divine! I must look for some! My dd lives in Chicago and has access to all types of grocery stores. I am pretty limited here. : ( But I shall seek anyway! I usually try to up my water intake if I've had something with a lot of sodium. But what ever works!

Hoops, I'm sorry you are not feeling better yet. Take good care of yourself!

debbi - I don't do dairy, but when I did, I always opted for the lower carb count over the lower fat content. I suspect the dr. says go for the lower fat though!

I've lost another pound! I'm still working my way back to the 40 pound club but I'll get there in a few days.

Happy Sunday!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:15 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosebud5t
Stats: 188.6/161.2/140
Start Date: November 2014
Good morning everyone! Sorry I've been AWOL, it's been a crazy couple of days. Thank you all for asking about my sister. Her biopsy results were inconclusive after 6 pathologists looked at it. They sent her home and sent the biopsy to Mayo Clinic. She's understandably very stressed, waiting for something like that is torture. But we have a strong and supportive family, so we're all okay.

As for my diet.... UGH. I was so strict last week and gained 3 lbs! I had that splurge night with 1340 calories, but for the entire rest of the week it was nothing but lean meat and always came in under 800 cals, so gaining 3 lbs totally sucked! But that explains why my clothes didn't feel any looser!

Anyway, based on that, I decided to go back to Jenny Craig for the next three weeks leading up to my vacation. I honestly lost more weight on that than I did the last two weeks on Stillman's (net loss for 2 weeks 4lbs). When I get back from vacation, I plan to come back to low carb knowing I feel better eating LC, but it won't be such an immediate need for fast loss. I'll probably end up doing a happy medium between Stillman's and Atkins.

Has anyone else ever gained weight on Stillman's? Maybe I wasn't eating enough? I honestly can't figure it out. My body has changed so much (internally) since my radiation treatments, but low cals should result in a loss.

I'm rambling. I hope it's okay if I still pop in here sometimes? I will definitely be back after vacation when I go back to LC and want to keep up with everyone and the fantastic ideas you all have! You're all doing fantastic, keep it up!!!!

Rosebud5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:54 AM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops View Post
CCGirl~ I had to take another look at your hands, since I didn't notice the first time. Your hair is gorgeous! You have it pulled up and it is past your butt! I let mine grow and grow and grow, but it is so fine that is breaks. So, it never gets much longer than a few inches past my shoulders (unless it is wet and straight). That reminds me...

Anyone use Wen six thirteen or any other product?.
Hoops, my hair went to hell when I went vegan. Get some biotin and keep eating your meat, it takes over a year to see results when you go paleo. My hair and nails have come back beautifully.
The hair is cut to my tailbone, it was mid thigh when I cut it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Sunday morning! Srfrgirl - the flavored bouillon sounds divine! I must look for some! My dd lives in Chicago and has access to all types of grocery stores. I am pretty limited here. : ( But I shall seek anyway! I usually try to up my water intake if I've had something with a lot of sodium. But what ever works!

Hoops, I'm sorry you are not feeling better yet. Take good care of yourself!

debbi - I don't do dairy, but when I did, I always opted for the lower carb count over the lower fat content. I suspect the dr. says go for the lower fat though!

I've lost another pound! I'm still working my way back to the 40 pound club but I'll get there in a few days.

Happy Sunday!
I'm with Mim on the cottage cheese, picked up some one percent yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud5t View Post
Good morning everyone! Sorry I've been AWOL, it's been a crazy couple of days. Thank you all for asking about my sister. Her biopsy results were inconclusive after 6 pathologists looked at it. They sent her home and sent the biopsy to Mayo Clinic. She's understandably very stressed, waiting for something like that is torture. But we have a strong and supportive family, so we're all okay.

As for my diet.... UGH. I was so strict last week and gained 3 lbs! I had that splurge night with 1340 calories, but for the entire rest of the week it was nothing but lean meat and always came in under 800 cals, so gaining 3 lbs totally sucked! But that explains why my clothes didn't feel any looser!

Anyway, based on that, I decided to go back to Jenny Craig for the next three weeks leading up to my vacation. I honestly lost more weight on that than I did the last two weeks on Stillman's (net loss for 2 weeks 4lbs). When I get back from vacation, I plan to come back to low carb knowing I feel better eating LC, but it won't be such an immediate need for fast loss. I'll probably end up doing a happy medium between Stillman's and Atkins.

Has anyone else ever gained weight on Stillman's? Maybe I wasn't eating enough? I honestly can't figure it out. My body has changed so much (internally) since my radiation treatments, but low cals should result in a loss.

I'm rambling. I hope it's okay if I still pop in here sometimes? I will definitely be back after vacation when I go back to LC and want to keep up with everyone and the fantastic ideas you all have! You're all doing fantastic, keep it up!!!!

ugh, Rosebud, please check in, as far as a change in your plan sometimes you have to go with what works for you. IDK on the gain with Stills.......

prayers to you and your sis...........
Old 01-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weekly loss
3.4 pounds, 3.75 inches

Mim~ Yea, for another pound gone! Thanks, I feel better, not great, but better today. Yesterday was the worst thus far, so maybe I am recovering now.

Rosebud~ Perhaps it is the stress holding onto weight??? I hope you get good news in regard to your sis soon. Please let us know.

CCGirl~ Vegan made your hair fall out? OMG! I always thought that was the best diet, however it is too tough for me to follow since I love cheese and oil!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vegan made my hair gray and fall out, brought me into menopause, shot my teeth into hell (five cavities in two years, prior to that I had only three) and my spinal discs are prematurely thin so now it's chiro once a week. I wonder now if it was also responsible for my vision failing rather rapidly then before I switched.........
Old 01-13-2013, 04:28 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Hi Girls!

Rosebud: Do what is best for you! You are always one of us even if you are doing something different. Doesn't matter. Post anyway please! Enjoy your vacation!

Glad to see you all doing well.

Today was a fish day for me.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #150
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening! Wow, this has been a very hungry day for me. So of course I've eaten! All on plan of course! I have a lunch meeting tomorrow - I have no idea what will be served but I have my seasoned tuna in my purse. I'm ready!

Rosebudplease stay with us! You don't have to follow the plan to be our friend!