Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 04:59 AM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyNikki
Stats: 198.5/192/130
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept 2012
Hi all ! I think I am in. I need to lose even some water weight or inches doesnt matter by sunday soo.. tomorrow i start stillmans. Today had a big RM breakfast on CAD but was up 2 lbs today and not sure i can handle ups and downs at this time. While i like the program- i know stillmans is a sure win for me as i quickly shed the #'s.

So, if i get hungry at all today- i will have egg whites or some sorta protein. Yesterday was CAD day had a large bfast and then dinner of venison sausage in a broth but i think it affected me. Ive also been working out allot and sore, so im sure some of that gain was muscle. So, starting off today, at 178.5. Lets see what i can do by sunday this should be interesting ! Will likely need support and thanks for the warm welcome back! The good thing is i have still managed to say out of the 180's this year- and my goal is to quickly leave the 170's territory so that can stay all in 2012. Have a nice day all! xoxo
SkinnyNikki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
WTG Mim pre Xmas weight !!!!!!!!!!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Happy Tuesday, all

Wow, some great losses going on...congrats to Laura & Rosebud. Very nice work, ladies

Mim, I hear ya on setting realistic goals. I would love to get under 150...but not sure it's going to happen. The modern weight charts show 117-155 for my height (5'5" tall) But we'll just have to "weight" and see,

After about 5 days of cool, cloudy and drizzle-rain, I woke up to blue skies & sunshine...and we're going to hit near 80 F. in the Tampa metro so I'm planning on a nice walk & then a trip to the beach for the sunset and scenery.

I've been eating chicken, chicken and more chicken...can now answer the which-came-first-question: the egg, because that's what I have for breakfast, followed by chicken lunch & chicken dinner

Good news is, the poultry menu, though VERY boring, is actually working...lost all the holiday-bounce-up and now down 2 lbs.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 01-08-2013 at 08:47 AM..
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SrfrGirl
Stats: Goal: 125 lbs.
WOE: Stillman's & Zero Carb
Start Date: 5/20/12 restart 12/23/12
Hello Everyone and welcome back Nikki! I'm thinking broth and fish today.

I want to be so skinny!
SrfrGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #95
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
My soda making machine came! I made root bear! I actually won't be using it to make soda - some samples came with the machine. I want it to make fizzy water and squeeze some lemon into it. I drink fizzy water a lot. I don't drink non-fizzy water much at all. I don't know if it is cheaper to make fizzy water or to buy fizzy water but this is going to be far more convenient. And I burp really good with the fizzy making machine water!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL Mim, you bring up an interesting point for those of us, like myself, who fail massively in the water department.
Must break out the club soda....
Old 01-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #97
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

CC - I buy my soda water in cans. Since I've been doing that I've been drinking lots of water. I think I will really enjoy my fizzy water making machine, because it is very easy to use and I don't have to keep the cans on hand. There is a particular brand I like and I can only get it at one store here so I have to make a special trip just for the fizzy water. And then, I'm stuck with lots of cans and no storage! I don't need the flavor, but I need the fizz!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Mim The fizzy water machine sounds great!

Today:
Bullion broth with fish
Some very lean Thai spiced flat steak called crying tiger (5 slices)
Dinner will be ginger lemon chicken meatballs-no breadcrumbs
Old 01-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hoops
Stats: 5'9"
I have been so darn busy. Just want you all to know I've stayed on plan now 10 days.

Mim, Rosebud, & Leo~ I also believed the weight Dr. Stillman listed for my height was way too low for me, too. Thanks for the input.

Rosebud~ Your favorite pants will surely fit very soon!

Mim~ Yea! I think it was so smart holding off from looking at the scale a few days after you returned. Now you know you can enjoy the holiday or a trip away, get back on plan right away when you return. I will remember this for the future.

CCGirl~ Now, what good is ham without the salt? I am a salt lover, but I know it is not everyone's favorite. Are you more of a sweets kind of girl?

Nikki~ Glad you're with us!

Cathy~ You're solving mysteries! Yea, on the weight loss! I haven't had fizzy water before. Glad you're loving your new gadget.

SrfrGirl~ Have you always liked fish, or do you just eat a lot of it on this plan? I wish I could enjoy it like you. The few times I ate fish when I did this diet before, it seems the weight loss is fantastic. Is this true with you, too?

Last edited by Hoops; 01-08-2013 at 10:28 PM..
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:34 AM   #100
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I continue to feel better and better as I recover from too much vacation! I bought some cheese when I got home to help me get back on plan. I always start out higher fat - it helps me get back without too much stress. The problem is that I can't stay out of the cheese and eat too much. So, I'm going to get rid of it today. I'm going to make a few things with the cheese and then freeze them. That way I can't go grab a piece or six!

I took my Christmas tree down yesterday. And then I threw it out! It is an artificial tree that I got several years ago because one of my granddaughters was a floor eater - eating everything she could pick up! I didn't want her eating pine needles. And then I couldn't have a real one here. But I'm going to be in a different residence for next Christmas, where I can have a real one, and this year several sections of the tree burned out. I know that in theory one can fix the lights, but it just never works! At least for me. Now I know if you are reading this still you must be wondering what mim is going on about Christmas trees for. Wait no longer! Here is the reason I shared this. In the past I would have kept the tree and tried to fix it. I know from experience with my dd's fake tree that it is not possible! Or nearly impossible. So I made the decision not to keep it, not to try to salvage something that is not salvageable, not to carry broken things with me anymore. It is a life lesson. OK, I'm done!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:47 AM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Good morning all!

Im happy to be here. I am hoping to make it into the 160's by Sunday I know its a stretch, i was a bad girl and saw some gains up but it kinda gave me this weird extra motivation... hard to explain.

Hoops - thank you for the warm welcome congrats on staying on plan 10 days- i have motivation now to stay on here for 5 how much did you lose in that time frame? just curious....

SrfrGirl- thanks and im glad to be here Seems like this has worked well for you. Skinnynikki wants to get skinny too!! Is that your pic? You are very pretty!

Hello to the rest of you (ladies? mostly it seems) hope i can do ya'll proud!

Started my day early:

B: coffee w/ a lil 1/2n1/2 and egg whites w/ spices/hot sauce
L: will be some pre-cooked chicken and brought oysters just incase i need more but they look kinda yuck lol (in a can)
D: will be fish...

And later i'll put in a good hour or more at the gym! Cheers all!

xoxo

ps- My "man" comes home Sunday! Wondering... does anyone have thoughts on a dinner i can make him the night before (prep/marinade)? I saw on SrfrGirls blog the fish in parchmont paper. Maybe i can marinade some fish ahead of time and bake it up that way for dinner, and for him make some easy sides.. thanks all!

Last edited by SkinnyNikki; 01-09-2013 at 05:27 AM..
Old 01-09-2013, 04:47 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosebud5t
Stats: 188.6/174.8/140
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: October 2013
Hi all!

Wow, so many successes! I love reading these!

In the spirit of accountability, I have to admit I feel like I'm on the verge of a big cheat. I never used to be an emotional eater, but as I get older, I definitely am. I lost a dear friend yesterday. Now today my sister is having a pretty major surgery to remove a mass from her kidney that is likely to be cancer. I don't mean to be a whiner, but these kinds of things usually send me off into junk food land. It doesn't help that my clothes don't feel any looser. SOOOOO, I'm hoping telling you all I'm going to stay on plan will make me do it!!!

Anyway, I think I will do a fish day again tomorrow since I'll be back home. Maybe that will kick me into gear before weighing on Friday.

Thanks for letting me spew.... You're all awesome!!!
Rosebud5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:51 AM   #103
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Rosebud, it is not whining to mourn the loss of a dear friend and to worry about your sister. Remember to be gentle to yourself. Staying on plan will help you through this difficult time. But if you slip, remember that you can get back on and that we will support you and not judge you. Know that we are here for you.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #104
Junior LCF Member

Who here drinks coffee? i have a lot of belly fat :/ and sometimes i feel like drinking several cups makes my tummy/back area feel 'bloated' and wondering if i am doing some kind of damage from this?
Old 01-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Rosebud, major hugs to you. That's not whining, that's healthy to talk about losses. And emotional eating...well, try eating something totally Atkins legal but still low carb. If chocolate helps, go get a Lindt 90% dark cocoa chocolate bar (everyone carries them these days...grocery store, drug store, Walmart even...you'll find them on the candy aisle with the fancier candies) Savor a couple of squares for low carbs but major satisfaction. If you love coffee, make some hazelnut coffee & add heavy cream. Make (or buy) a very fatty steak. The trick is to have something that is very indulgent...but won't wreak havoc on your weight loss progress...might be too high for Stillman's...but low enough carbs to keep you maintaining for a few days while you adjust to your new reality on personal life.

Losing is a process...and sometimes we have to choose to prioritize what we're doing. If you can't stay on plan through this tough time, DON'T beat yourself up if staying on plan is just too hard. Give yourself a break. Get through this time the best you can.

We'll still be here when you can get back on plan.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyNikki View Post
Who here drinks coffee? i have a lot of belly fa:/ and sometimes i feel like drinking several cups makes my tummy/back area feel 'bloated' and wondering if i am doing some kind of damage from this?
I doubt that the coffee is causing bloat...typically, coffee "goes" right through most people...don't think it hangs around long enough to cause bloat. Guess it could, but that would surprise me.

Personally, I drink GALLONS of coffee (well, maybe 1/2 gallon a day) It definitely goes right through me...I'm peeing all day

I also have a lot of belly fat...but I think that's from the twinkies, french fries, candy, pastry, ice cream, chips, etc that I ate for years & years.

Coffee is good for you. Seems like every day they're publishing a new study showing all the good it does...including reducing some kinds of cancer and reducing inflammation in the area of the brain that can cause dementia. Those two alone are enough for me.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Down another lb. this AM...

Hooray for poultry, boring poultry

And, I was flipping through old photos, looking to put together a scrapbook...came across a picture of myself from near my highest all time weight. This was several years ago...I actually had lost about 10-12 lbs. by this restart in March 2012. Anyway, I posted these over on the before & after pics thread, but I'll share here, too. There is about 75 lbs difference between these two face shots:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8 a may 2009, near highest.jpg (51.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 8a Jan 2013 -63.4.jpg (19.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #108
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Wow! Cathy! You look beautiful! Thank you for sharing your before/after photos. It is such an inspiration! You are such an inspiration! When I lose 75 I'll share mine! And I will lose 75 and more!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Wow! Cathy! You look beautiful! Thank you for sharing your before/after photos. It is such an inspiration! You are such an inspiration! When I lose 75 I'll share mine! And I will lose 75 and more!
Thanks, Mim...and really, that's a Before and During, because I still have quite a ways to go.

What surprised me is that I even was able to find a picture of myself so near my highest weight...I generally RAN from the camera at my fattest. But I was looking at old Disney pictures and saw that one...I think my daughter took it. What a shocker to see myself so large (I'm one of those that is very very good at sailing on the river De-Nial, lol. Able to look in the mirror and pretend it's not-that-bad.) Then I see this picture. UGH. NOT GOING BACK THERE AGAIN! That's what made me go take a mirror-picture of now so I could see the difference myself.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Holy moly Cat, yer a beauty! And so young!

Mim, so you got the soda machine to make seltzer.........hmmmmmmm........but here in the world's smallest kitchen (8x8 galley, yes it's really that small) I am a bit strapped for counter space.

Nik, three cups a day for me. Coffee actually dehydrates you.

Ooof, Rosebud, I'm still reeling after losing my Dad in September........ you will need lots of these

so I made loaded potato skins...............and they SUCKED! Ick, ick, ick, threw away half of it. Why are the taste memories so much better than reality? Could've eaten melted cheese and bacon for the same thrill. Used to love potato skin. Ick now. Is it because I am fully primal now? IDK Seriously, they were tasteless.

I had a pork chop for lunch. The skins were early dinner. Blech.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mim, this one's for you............

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Too funny.............................it's called pet shaming.........

Last edited by CCGirl; 01-09-2013 at 03:26 PM..
Old 01-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #113
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

CC - I have the smallest kitchen I've every had, but the way it is laid out makes it one of the most usable. But, my fizzy water maker is tall and doesn't fit on the counter under the cabinets. So, I'm going to move it, but that means I have to move things that are on the counter that doesn't have a cabinet above it! Always something, eh!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosebud5t
Stats: 188.6/174.8/140
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: October 2013
I'm back home and stayed totally on track today!!!! I ate a little more than I have been, but it was all chicken. I love the advice to "cheat" with something Atkins legal if I'm going to. I had given myself that permission and maybe that's all I needed to keep on track. You're all the best, I SO very much appreciate the support!

I have a friend who has one of the soda machines and absolutely loves it!!!

Cathy, love the pics! What a difference and what a beauty!

Everyone have a great night!!!
Rosebud5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Hoops-I love fish but getting tired it. I'm finding I don't have a taste for anything right now. I was craving thai beef salad (without eating all the veg)today, I didn't eat that though, and I'm thinking of having an Atkins day tomorrow.

Nikki-the parchment fish is amazing. In those pictures I put in way to many veggies. I made it again with a quarter of that stuff and it was great.

Cathy-Your face looks so thin! Inspiring to me!

Everyone: Love you guys. I'm get so sick of eggs and fish. I stalled today for the first time. And I was eating on plan.

Last edited by SrfrGirl; 01-09-2013 at 08:34 PM..
Old 01-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hoops
Stats: 5'9"
Curious... do any of you plan cheat days/off plan days? I was thinking about planning one for Superbowl Sunday. That will be 5 weeks into the diet. I can stay on plan and may do so, but I am toying with the idea of enjoying a few beers or cocktails and some snacks.

Rosebud~ I really feel for you losing a close friend. You can stay on plan, because you can control what you eat. Don't worry about quanities. Eat as much of the allowed foods. How is your sis?

Mim~ I bet you feel lighter getting rid of the tree. I get it. Good job!

Nikki~ I lost 9.2 the first week. I decided to weigh in each week now. What is Sunday for you? I really like a 10 oz cup of decaf at night. I can drink it a few days in a row, then skip a few weeks or months, and then several days in a row again. The book says drink as much as you'd like to drink.

Cathy~ Thank you for sharing your photos with us here. There is such a difference, and you look amazing!

CCGirl~ I love my doggies so very much. Do you have pets, too?

SrfrGirl~ I know what you mean about not having cravings.
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:58 AM   #117
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Thursday morning! I have been off a day since Monday! I almost typed good Friday morning! And it is not because I'm especially looking forward to the weekend - I'm just confused! : )

Hoops - I don't plan a day off for the sake of a day off. If I do that, it means that I intend to binge and somehow feel good about it. I do however take days off! Sometimes I'm in a situation where I need to eat what is served. I'm a pastor and if I'm eating at a parishioner's home I just eat what I'm served. But when I go to a meeting, which I will be doing this morning, and there are pastries and coffee, I just drink the coffee. No one cares. I gave myself permission to eat off plan for the few Christmas parties I attended. One was a catered lunch and one was a potluck. I did fine jumping back on plan after the lunch, but eating whatever I wanted at the potluck ended up with me giving myself permission for other off plan eating. While I'm below my Christmas Eve weight, I had gained around 5 lbs at that point and I don't have those off yet. So, for me, no - I don't schedule off plan eating. I would rather lose or not gain! Having said that, if you are feeling strong and can eat reasonably at the Superbowl Sunday party - go for it! Whatever you decide, enjoy yourself!

Srfrgirl - how close are you to goal? Not showing a loss each day is normal. Our bodies need time to adjust. Hang in there - the scale will move again!

Tomorrow I'm back to strict Stillman's. The first week back on track, especially when I've been totally derailed, is always Atkins for me. While the weight loss isn't as spectacular as it could be, I feel much better and it is so much easier to ease into the low fat. And with that I'm off to get ready for my meeting!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:05 AM   #118
Junior LCF Member

Good morning all!

Happy to say down 2lbs today (after my darn gain which was a result of too many carbs and lots of working out the other day). I am reallyy motivated to keep my butt on track. Went to the gym last night for a little over an hour, have another gym day planned later!

catne - Yes- I drank lots of coffee yesterday and am still down 2lbs today. I just have to be careful not to get dehydrated and take my vitamins and eat enough salt etc. I think my belly fat and overall huge rapid gain resulted from my ED plus going from vegan to eating anything i wanted :/ I was quite in shape (130-140 which is great for me) prior to my divorce. But once i moved out, i read some stupid stuff on Matt Stones blog about metabolism, bought his e-book and gained from 150 up to almost 190 in a few short months! It was awful and its been a year now, trying to get it off =/ which is sooo annoying! but i am getting there. BTW- Thanks for posting the pics! so motivating and you are a beautiful inspiration! Congrats!

Hoops - That is very impressive! If i can do that, I would be so happy. I have a goal of getting into the 160s by the time my man comes home Sunday (he has been away for 5 weeks ... so excited to see him again!) and i guess with holidays and a little side tracked, i likely wont meet my goal. At this point if i can get under 175 which was my recent lowest, i will be happy. I dont want to post actual #'s just yet- as I dont want to jinx anything but so far so good

SrfrGirl - I might consider making that Sunday for my BF when he gets home. It seems super easy and healthy! Thanks You are very inspirational and I also love recipes/cooking- i self published a low carb cookbook after i graduated college as a young (bored) newlywed I have to see if any of my recipes are Stillmans friendly. Btw- sorry you stalled. If you dont' mind me askin- what are your goals?

CCGirl - yes - i agree it does dehydrate so i have been making sure to eat enough, drink enough water and take my vitamins

Mim- Hello there Sure we will get to chatting more... ooh just saw your post. I am really feeling like it is Friday too for some reason .. this week is kinda dragging. I like that you plan cheat days. I was thinking about that since I was losing on the CAD this past week, albeit just too slow.. and only when i had my RM during lunch. But it reassured me, that if i want to go off, i can and still maintain/lose even.

Rosebud- So sorry for your loss. Try to take it easy on yourself. While it doesn't compare, after the stress of my divorce it took me awhile to feel 'normal' again and im still trying to figure out who i am and what this all means in this stage of my life. Hope you have a great support group, and you have us as well Seems like a really great group of peeps here. HUGS

Ops forgot to post my menu- got so sidetracked chatting...

B: 4 egg whites with 2 strips of pre-cooked lean steak
L: will be frozen chicken & steak strips w/ hot sauce and a touch of dressing (hate to have to rely on that junk, but im never home to cook these days)
D: maybe have to resort to chicken or some sort of fast food thing .. which never stalls me but irks me since i hate paying $ for so little bit of food, but at least it keeps me from eating too much.

Going to the gym later and get coffee with my brother before he goes back to college this weekend. This is my final motivation count down! (of course i will still be here next week too =) xoxo

Last edited by SkinnyNikki; 01-10-2013 at 05:12 AM..
Old 01-10-2013, 05:44 AM   #119
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Candy1974
Stats: 98/94.2/68 (kg)
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 28 Oct 2013
Hi all. I am starting over.... Gained 5kg during the holidays... eeeek!. I think it was the evil alcohol. So since yesterday NO MORE ANY ALCOHOL!!!!! Had chicken breasts last night. Gonna have pork chops 2nite. So strictly Stillmans QWL til I reached my goal weight. After that I will add some veggies and salad.

Have a good one!!!!

Last edited by Candy1974; 01-10-2013 at 05:46 AM..
Candy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:46 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Rosebud I hope al is well with your sister. Congrats staying on track during a difficult time.

Catne Loved your pictures. You are looking great!

CC I love the pet shaming pictures. Funny!

I had a rough start getting back on plan. I cheated a few times and then went completely off for a day. Woke up and realized I was under a hormone assault.
Mentally smacked myself and have been on plan 2 days now.

I have a laundry list of reasons to lose weight but this Spring and Summer I really need/want the weight gone.

I have a 5K in May I am doing with my kids and husband.
I am going to the beach in July. I hate being in public in a bathing suit.

I have been reminding myself of how I felt a couple years ago on the beach every time I struggle. It straightens me up pretty quick!

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote