Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #301
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dominais
Stats: 265/200/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 1/28/13
Good morning ladies,

It was so long since I had used this site, I forgot my username and password! I find myself too impatient to wait until the first to start posting.

I restarted QWL on the 27th. Down about 6lbs as of this am. I bought a rebounder yesterday so I'm going to incorporate some light exercise starting tonight.

Just a little history on me - I have found a Stillman's book amoung my mother's belongings when I was 20. I used QWL to drop 30 lbs in two weeks the first time. I was really physically active back then so I lost faster than I wanted. The weight stayed off for years.

I busted my back in 2005 and weight has been a serious issue since. I crept upto 265 (all time high) and at that point used several of the plans in Stillman's book to get down to around 185 in 6 mos. I've since gotten back upto 200 - so here I am!

I'm excited to be back.
dominais is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 08:12 AM   #302
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
LOL MMS, the only warning I have for you is that they are a legume and not a nut.
My bad... forgot about the underground part.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Happy Wednesday! One more full day before next guests arrived so staying strict in the hopes of losing a bit more before the next round of restaurant meals start. (son & DIL arrive Thursday evening, and then I have non-stop guests from 1/31-2/17. GIVE ME STRENGTH, lol.)

Mim, sounds like you're getting the crummy weather soon (hubby is back in Nebraska working...was rainy & near 50 the other day...then overnight they got a snowstorm, schools closed today & blowing/drifting messing with the roads. He said the 65 MPH highway was 35 MPH this morning due to bad visibility & slippery conditions.) Hope you get your walk in anyway.

MMSlimGlad you popped back in, but sorry to hear you've been ill. Tis the season for it, I guess. It's hard to find something easy to eat when you're not feeling well. I can see how peanuts would be easy...but oh, geez, they're my gateway drug, lol. My issue is they're just low enough in carbs to make me think they're "OK"...but then I eat a lb. of them instead of one serving. I just try to keep them out of the house, out of sight, out of mind. Will occasionally buy a one-serving bag at a convenience store when we're on the road, but cannot keep them around on a regular basis.

Hi CC, Bratty, Mar...and welcome back Dominais! Srfrgrl, are you out there? Hope you're not sick, too. Have a great day, all.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 01-30-2013 at 08:34 AM..
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #304
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
I'm back from what turned out to be my birthday dinner at Olive Garden! My birthday is Feb. 5. I done good! I had chicken and steak kabobs, asparagus and broccoli. And a glass of dry red wine. And salad. I know it was a lot of carbs, but it was still all good choices. I did not have dessert or bread and brought half of my steak/chicken home. I'm expecting to be up tomorrow, but I won't whine, I promise, cause I drank the wine!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #305
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: msviv
Stats: 193.6/193.6/159
WOE: ME
Start Date: 4/2/13
Hey everyone! I am so glad that I found you. I have been thinking about this diet for the last few days and looking for the book and today I stumbled upon this group and would love to join everyone in their quest to lose weight using the QWLD. I used this diet many many years ago, not sure what made me think of it last week but I'm glad I did. I have been reading the posts and seems like everyone is doing well and being accountable, I like that. I have to get to the store which probably won't be till the weekend but am looking forward to starting. We have a Spring Slim Down Contest going on at work and weigh in day is Tuesday, yesterday's weight 197.6 down 2 #'s from starting weight a week ago. So starting Saturday will give me 3 days before weigh in and hopefully a bigger loss than the first week. Looking forward to cheering everyone on!!!
msviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #306
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msviv View Post
Hey everyone! I am so glad that I found you. I have been thinking about this diet for the last few days and looking for the book and today I stumbled upon this group and would love to join everyone in their quest to lose weight using the QWLD. I used this diet many many years ago, not sure what made me think of it last week but I'm glad I did. I have been reading the posts and seems like everyone is doing well and being accountable, I like that. I have to get to the store which probably won't be till the weekend but am looking forward to starting. We have a Spring Slim Down Contest going on at work and weigh in day is Tuesday, yesterday's weight 197.6 down 2 #'s from starting weight a week ago. So starting Saturday will give me 3 days before weigh in and hopefully a bigger loss than the first week. Looking forward to cheering everyone on!!!
Hi and Welcome! You stumbled on the right group! We support each other through thick and thin! Pun intended! You will blow the contest out of the water by sticking to Stillmans!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #307
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
Hey Guys!

I was only down .6 this week but its still down!

What I like about this diet is that even once you start eating "real" food as long as its healthy you still don't have much of an appetite and if you start getting hungry again you can just jump back on stills for a few days and its gone again!

I have been just kinda watching what I have been eating and its working but I am debating jumping back on strict stills for a week or so to get into a lower range.

I want to start working out because I have gotten so lazy (which happens every winter) any suggestions?
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:54 AM   #308
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Thursday morning! I'm up 2.5 this morning, but not complaining. I made good choices, so it is what it is. I should be back down in a day or two. It does make me wonder about maintenance, but since that is a long way away, I'll worry about it later!

Mar - what kinds of things do you like to do? I find I do better with exercise I enjoy - for me that is walking and a bit of weight training!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:34 AM   #309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Good Morning, Gals!

I'm still the same :-( Blah. . OK . enough of this and my love/hate affair with stupid scale. . I want immediate results!!! Did I mention, I want them now!!

Welcome Viv and Dom! You will love the peeps here. . always welcoming and always happy to lend a hand, kick you in the butt or give you a virtual hug!! They are the losers!!

Ok. .So Superbowl Sunday is around the corner. We are grilling chicken wings and I've already got the BBQ Pork all ready to go.. (I will not be partaking in the Pork). . but I think I'll induldge in the wings.. No alcohol (Well. .OK. .maybe one or two) but I'll keep it to Clear liquor and diet pop. . no carbs, right?

What are your plans? I want to stay strong.. NO sense in going to work Monday morning with a food hangover. . those are the worst!!!

Here's to a strong Today! Let's be perfect
Old 01-31-2013, 05:35 AM   #310
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Yes! Mim and Mar. . . I need the exercise bug to bite me, too.. I hate it. . absolutely hate it.. but I know I have to and I know I feel happy afterwards. . just finding time and getting off my patootie!!

I want one of those mini trampolines for my family room..do you think I'd use it? Mmmmmm
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:57 AM   #311
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

IM - I'm not celebrating the super bowl this year! I don't have cable so can't watch it at home and I'm not in the mood to go somewhere to watch. And I don't like either team! So I won't be tempted by super bowl food! I have made a pact with myself that I will be on plan for all of February. I am so ready to blast through some serious weight loss!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:07 AM   #312
Junior LCF Member

Goooooood morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Yes! Mim and Mar. . . I need the exercise bug to bite me, too.. I hate it. . absolutely hate it.. but I know I have to and I know I feel happy afterwards. . just finding time and getting off my patootie!!

I want one of those mini trampolines for my family room..do you think I'd use it? Mmmmmm
I LOVE my rebounder! It's extremely easy exercise and it's fun. Easy on the joints which is especially useful for me in the winter - when it's cold I kinda feel like I'm 80.

There are a million youtube vids and DVD workouts for a rebounder - but you can also just put on your favorite music and bounce around to it for 15 mins a couple times a day. They are cheap too - I got mine for less than 50 bucks.

In other news, it's been four days and I'm down 8lbs. My hunger is pretty much gone! I do have a killer headache but I am prone to migraines - so - par for the course. How's everyone doing out there?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post

I have a rebounder but I have no idea what types of workouts to do on it so I just kinda bounce around when I am bored haha probably not really doing much when I bounce on it for 15 mins once a month... if you know a workout to do on it I would be happy to try it out!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:28 AM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good Thursday morning! I'm up 2.5 this morning, but not complaining. I made good choices, so it is what it is. I should be back down in a day or two. It does make me wonder about maintenance, but since that is a long way away, I'll worry about it later!

Mar - what kinds of things do you like to do? I find I do better with exercise I enjoy - for me that is walking and a bit of weight training!
I like to rollerblade and bike and walk.... in the summer. I bough slim in 6 about a month ago but have yet to pop it in the DVD player I did it YEARS ago (when they still sold it on VHS hahahah) and I remember there being lots of squats and not liking that but remember it working well and I do want to grow a bum because I have bannock bum, eeven when I gain weight I have no bum

so I guess I want a workout that is fun and that I can get a bum from!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:32 AM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominais View Post
I LOVE my rebounder! It's extremely easy exercise and it's fun. Easy on the joints which is especially useful for me in the winter - when it's cold I kinda feel like I'm 80.

There are a million youtube vids and DVD workouts for a rebounder - but you can also just put on your favorite music and bounce around to it for 15 mins a couple times a day. They are cheap too - I got mine for less than 50 bucks.

In other news, it's been four days and I'm down 8lbs. My hunger is pretty much gone! I do have a killer headache but I am prone to migraines - so - par for the course. How's everyone doing out there?
oops don't know how I missed this .... do you jump fast or slow or can you just bounce 15 mins a couple times a day and get results?

I read once on here a loooong time ago that all someone did to get small was strict LC and a rebounder as her only exercise and I figured I had to try it but I always just feel like I am goofing around and not getting any exercise when I just bounce for a bit
Old 01-31-2013, 10:33 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I like to rollerblade and bike and walk.... in the summer. I bough slim in 6 about a month ago but have yet to pop it in the DVD player I did it YEARS ago (when they still sold it on VHS hahahah) and I remember there being lots of squats and not liking that but remember it working well and I do want to grow a bum because I have bannock bum, eeven when I gain weight I have no bum

so I guess I want a workout that is fun and that I can get a bum from
!
Oh, get me your address...I have plenty to spare and will gladly send the excess your way

Just wish it was that easy to re-distribute the weight.
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:48 AM   #317
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Oh, get me your address...I have plenty to spare and will gladly send the excess your way

Just wish it was that easy to re-distribute the weight.
Yeah me too! I would move all the weight from my Tummy to my bum and have a bubble butt!

My Mom turned 50 last year (she had me when she was young) and she has a nicer bum than I do! she is also 5' tall so she wears heels every day... I am thinking that has something to do with it.... maybe I should start wearing heels?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:57 AM   #318
Major LCF Poster!

How do you expect me to workout when everyone else gets to lay around all day... not pictured sleeping cat in office
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (27.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 01-31-2013, 12:22 PM   #319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
LOL Mar, when you find the add an a$$ mechanism I need it for my Mum

new thread titles anyone??????

Mim I ilke your statement 'on plan for all of February. I am so ready to blast through some serious weight loss!' Let's see if we can think of a title..........

Stillman's February Winter Blast to Skinny!

Stillman's Fat Blasting February to a Slimmer Spring!

hmmmmmmmmm........corrrrrrrny........
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:47 PM   #320
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I like fat blasting february to a slimmer spring

I actually have been looking at spring clothes - wishfully. It won't be warm here for a few months! Anyway, I get lost a catalogs and I've been wondering what I might look good in when the time comes! I hope to be two sizes smaller by April!
Old 01-31-2013, 01:38 PM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

I also like fat blasting February for a slimmer spring!
Old 01-31-2013, 02:25 PM   #322
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

CC - can you start the new thread so that us early risers/posters have it in the morning? I am chomping at the (low-carb) bit to get started on February. It is gonna be a great weight loss month!
Old 01-31-2013, 03:16 PM   #323
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
yep, she is started. Here's to a great new month y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #324
Junior LCF Member

Rebounders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
oops don't know how I missed this .... do you jump fast or slow or can you just bounce 15 mins a couple times a day and get results?

I read once on here a loooong time ago that all someone did to get small was strict LC and a rebounder as her only exercise and I figured I had to try it but I always just feel like I am goofing around and not getting any exercise when I just bounce for a bit
I bounce to semi fast music (Black Eyed Peas, teen pop type stuff because it's energetic) for 15-20 mins. I mainly bounce back and forth to the beat, my feet hardly leave the mat. Only once a day for now but next week I'll start doubling up, once in the morning and once at night.

I definitely work up a sweat and it's fun - It feels like my own little dance party.

I have lost 10 lbs since the 28th - so I'd say it's definitely working!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Readytolose60
Stats: 196/181/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 1/26/2013
Newby!

Hello!
I am very excited to be in this group with you all. I am new and a first timer stillmans! I am day 3 and haven't lost hardly anything. I began my diet the 26th of January and went from 196 to 188, but I haven't lost more then .2 according to my scale in my first three days on this new diet. I was 187 yesterday, and even following it exactly and doing my daily one hour speed walk, it says 187.8 today I was hoping to be in the 7-15lb group...for my first week. I consumed a lot of salty broth, could this have anything to do with it? I drank the right amount if water as well. Any tips or suggestions?
Readytolose60 is offline   Reply With Quote