Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Mim.. You are the woman!! I don't know if I can be that strong again. . . but I do love that I am not hungry . . I just have to watch old habits.. clock eating instead of "hungry eating!!!"
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
IM I forgot to mention earlier. Love the muscle kitty picture.

I was a little bad this evening. Family movie night and I ate a little popcorn. Not enough to do damage but I figured I would do confession here.

I am off to bed!
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bratty . ahhh. Popcorn. . my absolute favorite!!! Tomorrow will be my big test. we are planning a trip to see the ice sculptures and the little town has the best flavored popcorn ever!! My favorite is dill pickle and I usually get the Party Pack which is about 4 feet of delicious popcorn. . enough to make your lips pucker for hours!! MMmm. . I shall refrain. .
Old 01-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #274
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

< ---------------------- I shall be strong like Kitty, too!
Old 01-27-2013, 03:18 AM   #275
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good Sunday morning! Just for the record, I feel awful! The carbs and the gluten yesterday have made me feel horrid. I didn't sleep well. And my aches and pains are starting up. But on the good news front - this is a wake up call. I had talked myself into having permission to eat what I want to eat at the covered dish today. But nope! I am going to stay on plan. There is no reason to feel as bad as I feel when I can do something about it!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:06 AM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good thinking, Mim.. . You have to listen to your body signals. . .but I know you will do fine!

I don't know what my problem was last night. . I could not sleep . .was up until 3:00 and then had to force myself to go to bed. Back up at 9:00 and all that with taking a sleep aide! I can't remember if that's a side affect of the low carb world or not. . but Woo Wee.. I'm OK with it as long as I'm not dragging today. Wanted to take the kids out and about but I think my little one is sick now. These feverish/cold-like symptoms have made their round with the family since Christmas! It's awful. . feels like you've been run over with a big ole' truck!

Weigh in. Down .5 !
Old 01-27-2013, 06:12 AM   #277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Good morning Mim! I hope you feel better soon.........

{{{{{{{{{IM}}}}}}}}}} good to 'see' you here!!!!!!!!!

what's for breakfast?????? anyone?
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:20 AM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

I am up .8 today. It is either the popcorn salt bloat or the milk of magnesia I took yesterday. I always gain a bit with both the next day. I am just happy it is not more.

IM Oh my downfall is Popcornopolis's cheddar popcorn. It is evil stuff. But SO yummy.

Mim Sorry you feel awful. Eat clean and you will feel fabulous in no time. It still amazes me how quickly carbs can make you feel so bad.

CC Eggs. Always eggs...

Where did everyone else go? There were several new people.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I went with the greek omelette, tomatoes, feta, olives, spinach.........

waiting for the warmup......it's already over 20F outside and I have to go to the feed store for hay. At least the wind isn't howling like yesterday........ cut ya in half, it would..........
Old 01-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Here are a couple of my progress pics from this summer to now, I was about 165 in the first pic and 148 in the second (took it today so I know the weight haha)
sometimes pics help me see what I can't in the mirror, I haven't been super strict so the weight has been coming off slowly so I haven't really noticed it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg June 27, 2012 (2).jpg (22.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg January 27, 2013.jpg (17.6 KB, 33 views)
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, Mar. . Look at you legs! and your arms, face! Big Difference..You even look taller. . LOL . Congratulations. .No matter how slow.. . it is coming off. sometimes, the slower the better. . I believe that's when it's true weight because you've learned to live as a smaller person. I always know when I'm living Large and in Charge!!! Great Job!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CC.. Missed you and your words of wisdom. .
Old 01-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. .so I'm home alone. . boys all went to a movie and I opted to stay home as the popcorn would be just too much for me to handle . had some chicken wings and plopped a roast in the slow cooker for them so I should be good for the day. Hubby boiled up some eggs for his salads so at least I have those to fall back on. Cheers!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Drat. . One teenager leaves. . another shows up.. Guess I better go get him some vittles before he has to head back to work. (By the way, he works at a Mongolian Grill and comes home reeking of Mongolian delishusness!!!!). . It is a pretty neat place as you go from station to station and pick your meats, veggies, etc and they grill it right up on the big grill and add whatever spices / sauces you want. . You can really pig out on the meat, there. . they have shaved prime rib, chicken breasts, sea food, sausage, ribeye, pork. .MMm. making myself hungry!
Old 01-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

Mar I am shocked., You look so much better. Amazing how much 20 pounds can change a body. Keep doing what you are doing. It is working for you.

IM
They just opened up one of those near me and everyone is talking about how yummy it is. I may eat there for my Bday in March. Good job avoiding the popcorn!
Old 01-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #286
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Mar! You look great! Such an inspiration! I hope you feel very proud of yourself! You deserve to be!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:00 PM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Thanks guys!

I needed to see the results today I have just been so hungry (its TOM) and feeling like its not working
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:27 AM   #288
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Monday morning! I'm looking forward to this day - nothing to tempt me away from being on plan! The last couple of days have been a nightmare and the scale reminds me of it! I'm running errands today and doing laundry - hopefully. We are supposed to get ice, but it looks like the temps are going to be far enough above freezing that we should be ok. I'll wait a bit to see what happens! But whatever happens, I'll be on plan.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:04 AM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

Only lost .4 of my .8 gain. I woke up tired and in a crappy mood. Then I realized "the girls" are sore. Time for my hormones to mess with me for a week. I will spend the next week trying to convince myself not to eat everything in site.
It is so fabulous to be a woman. Sometime I regret not letting them take my ovaries when I had my hysterectomy.

Ok rant over...

I think today calls for a nap!

Mim Glad you have a couple days to get back on your feet. It is so hard to stay on plan when so much is going on that involves food.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 01-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy MOnday, everyone! Can't say I was perfect today . I was home all day with a sick kid. . and I really don't know where the day went! Sheessh. .

wish me luck tomorrow. I'm gonna rock it and so are you!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Thanks guys!

I needed to see the results today I have just been so hungry (its TOM) and feeling like its not working
Mar, you look great...and keep looking at those photos...another trick is to keep some of the too-large clothes (especially things like pants that used to be tight) When you're feeling like it's not working...put on a pair of now-loose pants. And ENJOY the feeling.

Im2, do you find it more tempting when you're by yourself? Some days I think it's easier when I have company around...almost like I find myself thinking about eating out of boredom. Not even hungry, but bored.

Mim, good luck to you. Hope you have an easier couple of days this week. Hope you don't get bad weather...though it sounds like the whole eastern half of the country is going on a weather temperature roller coaster this week. It's been near record highs in Florida for a day or two, but then cooler later on this week.

Hi CC! Hope things are going well...and your weather behaving too!

Bratty, that extra will come back off (though it's not fair the way it goes on overnight, but takes days to come back off. Cruel!) It will come off, though: stay strong.

I'm back to my pre Key West...would like to lose another pound by Thursday (end of January...can you believe it: January 2013 is just about over already.)

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 01-28-2013 at 07:04 PM..
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:18 AM   #292
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I felt so icky yesterday and had a very bad night. It is all those evil carbs and glutens leaving my body. I actually feel better right now but still very tired. Hopefully in another day or two I will have the poison out of my system! Everytime I do that I think "this time I've learned my lesson!" Hopefully this time I really have!

Cathy, congratulations on getting back to pre Key West weight! It will take me a week to get back to pre weekend weight. But whoever said life is fair!

I'm off - I may walk to the office. It looks like we have a break in the rain. But I've got to have the car later this afternoon, so I may drive. Decisions decisions! : )
Old 01-29-2013, 05:40 AM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Here are a couple of my progress pics from this summer to now, I was about 165 in the first pic and 148 in the second (took it today so I know the weight haha)
sometimes pics help me see what I can't in the mirror, I haven't been super strict so the weight has been coming off slowly so I haven't really noticed it
OMG look at thos skinny thighs!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
CC.. Missed you and your words of wisdom. .
LOL not so sure about wise.....iit's all about the love
Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Hi CC! Hope things are going well...and your weather behaving too!

I'm back to my pre Key West...would like to lose another pound by Thursday (end of January...can you believe it: January 2013 is just about over already.)
Cat! We had 5 inches of snow yesterday, and the rain is moving in tonight with temps shooting into the low 50s......it should be interesting; melt or flood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! I felt so icky yesterday and had a very bad night. It is all those evil carbs and glutens leaving my body. I actually feel better right now but still very tired. Hopefully in another day or two I will have the poison out of my system! Everytime I do that I think "this time I've learned my lesson!" Hopefully this time I really have!

Cathy, congratulations on getting back to pre Key West weight! It will take me a week to get back to pre weekend weight. But whoever said life is fair!

I'm off - I may walk to the office. It looks like we have a break in the rain. But I've got to have the car later this afternoon, so I may drive. Decisions decisions! : )
Let the winds take your yucky carb symptoms away, and carry you to further lightness...........
Old 01-29-2013, 07:22 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Good morning, all.

Turning into a beautiful day in Florida (started out gray & foggy, but now headed for 83 F.) We're supposed to get a cold front moving through on Thursday, but enjoying the "summer" weather for now. Crazy weather this week, everywhere. My son & DIL in Kansas City area...was 75 F there Monday...tonight they're supposed to get a snow storm, 1-4 " of snow. And I see chance of tornadoes & thunderstorms for a big chunk of the country. It's like the weather can't quite figure out what season it is!

Diet is going well this week...down .6 this AM. I find it is SOOOO much easier to stay on plan with no company! No need to go out to eat (with all the hidden carbs) and no need to have any carby food around for guests. I can eat my boring chicken and look forward to the scale next morning. Now what I really could use is about a full month with no guests. That won't happen until mid-February, though. Just have to keep plugging away between times. But it is hard to make any real progress.

With no guests to worry about meals...I've been cooking double & triple foods. So I'll make enough chicken for several lunches & dinners...even making 3 days worth of omelets at once for breakfast. That's so much easier for me to stay on-plan if I can just open the fridge, pull out prepared food & zap it. Boring, yes. But easy
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #295
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Well, just when I thought I was home free, I have to go to Olive Garden tomorrow night to meet with some parishioners! I've already looked at the menu and know what I'll have. It will be higher carb but it will be ok. Life happens!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

it sure does, Mim. Keep those spirits high, optimism is a potent foe!

Cat, I agree, going solo makes things so much easier.

When you have the chance, enlighten me on the Gainesville suburbs......looking all over......Trenton, Newberry, Alachua, High Springs, even Williston, Interlachen, Morriston, etc.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:07 AM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Have not been on as have been quite ill. Been living off peanuts! They have been the only thing I could face. As you are aware there are a fair amount of calories in peanuts and they do have some carbs but are low carb none the less. I do not weigh only go by my clothes and considering how inactive I've been and cals consumed I feel less bloated for sure. So hooray for peanuts... just know CC () is going to come in with a food warning about peanuts. I will defend them I tell you! Anyway, will try and catch up on missed posts, trying to get myself back on track, damn fibro is all out...pushing on. Hope all are well.

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-30-2013 at 02:08 AM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:37 AM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL MMS, the only warning I have for you is that they are a legume and not a nut.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:08 AM   #299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Howdy Gals! I'm up today but I won't let that dampen my spirits. I really have to commit myself to going to the gym.. no more excuses! I just have to. I felt better last week . . kinda running on empty this week. Might be detoxing or something, IDK. . My boy is still sick so perhaps I'm having sympathy symptoms for him!! Could be. .

Good Luck, everyone. .I'm at work so I can't chat just thought I'd check in for my daily inspiration. .
Old 01-30-2013, 06:22 AM   #300
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Wednesday morning! The scale is creeping back down so that makes me happy. I am ready this time to blast my way through!

I ate hotdogs yesterday. I did laundry at dd's - the house hasn't sold yet. But I needed food so I bought a pack of the lowest carb hotdogs I could find and low carb ketchup and had a feast. And yeah, I know all about hot dogs. I don't care! I like them and I hadn't had any in a long time and I needed something I could fix quickly with the few things that are still in the kitchen. Now, I need to get past Olive Garden tonight!

No walking today - 65 degrees but thunderstorms! It will be 29 degrees tomorrow with snow! But at least I can walk tomorrow!