Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Hello, all...just popping in to say Hi!

Still plugging away...not losing anything lately but not gaining either-we had another weekend full of holiday gatherings, stayed on LC, but of course too any calories consumed to lose any...then out with friends last night. AGain, totally LC, but fatty & higher calories. But just can't say no to old friends: I'll be heading back to Florida next week so December is kind of all I have to see friends & extended family for several months. So I'm opting for the holiday gatherings instead of staying away...keeping it LC, but not trying to actually lose. And so far, no gain this holiday season. I'll take that as a win for December, since it's not my usual pattern at all...nice to be "in control" of the eating this year. So many years, I've fought to lose 20 or 30 in the entire year...and then gained it all back between Thanksgiving & New Years. Bound & determined to keep the loss this year!

We're at the start of a Blizzard Warning here in Nebraska right now (wishing I was spending December in Florida right now) Have plenty of LC foods in the house so we're set...probably watch some of the Christmas specials on the DVR tonight while the snow piles up. Guess this storm is just going to march right across the country, so you folks in the East...time to stock up on groceries!

Good to hear of the success (and losing the party gains: so great to get right back on plan instead of having temporary bloat turn into permanent lbs.)

Have a nice evening, all.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5
catne is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
WTG Cat and Mim, I will soooo take a no gain holiday.

I saw the blizzard on the news, Cat; have fun bugging in.......I took the how prepped are you quiz at American Preppers and with what we have on hand we're good for two to four months
DH thinks I'm nuts. (Gotta buy more spam.)
The Mormons are taught to have one year of necessities by one of their prophets. Hmmmmmmmmmmm
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #123
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Cathy - it is so good to see you pop in! I love getting snowed in - It is like having a free day to do whatever I want to do.

I have enough food to last a week if I woke up tomorrow and was snowed in. I typically have about a month's worth but I've been eating out of my freezer - I want to clean it out!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:02 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The years' supply of food is considered a rotational supply, where you use the older stuff and replace with new as opposed to just having stuff on hand that will last for 10+ years.......

I was offered a freezer but declined, I hoard enough food in my regular fridge. And I figured the energy use would negate any savings on the food costs..........IDK ?? our kwh rates are somewhere in the 17 cent range....
Old 12-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #125
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Thursday morning! My weight continues to go down. I'm still a pound above my lowest weight - the weight I hit entrance into the 40 pound lost club. But I only stuck that number for a day before I started attending parties! I'm feeling very good about myself. And I'm just feeling very good! I like being able to have the energy in the morning to walk to the office. And to wake up and not be in a carb fog. And I like having a healthy relationship with food - eating some special things but not over doing it and only eating those things at a special event and then getting right back on plan. I am still new at being in control of my eating. When I'm at DD's over the holiday there will be lots of goodies around. I am going to take my scale as an extra reminder to not stray too far. And I'll do a whole day here and there of low carb eating. I'll be home the 4th!

CC - I would like to have a freezer because I would like to buy a cow! Well half a cow. I would love the organic option. Since I don't eat anything but eggs and fish and meat, my refrigerator has eggs and some condiments in it. The freezer part has chicken, beef, and fish. My cabinets have spices and some broth and some other odd and ends. Pretty soon I'll have some deer meat in my freezer.

Ok, time to get moving!
Old 12-20-2012, 06:44 AM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

aaaaaahhh, empowerment, wonderful, isn't it! Go MIM !!!!!!! Happy for you feeling in control !!!!!!!!

My BFF did half a cow, pure grass fed no antibiotics or hormones; they have a freezer, don't know if he got a Bambi this year.....

my neighbor gave me some of the ground beef from their cow, it's soooo lean, not good for burgers, more for chili IMHO.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #127
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Cathy - are you snowed in? I was reading news and saw that Nebraska is closed! Bawahahaha! When I re-read it the headline was that certain highways are closed! Have fun in the snow!
Old 12-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL Nebraska closed........to funny

we shouldn't laugh, it's heading our way......yikes!
Old 12-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
LOL Nebraska closed........to funny

we shouldn't laugh, it's heading our way......yikes!

parts of Interstate 80 were closed (that interstate goes all the way across Nebraska, 400+ miles) But that was mostly in the western half of the state, and we're in the far eastern edge of the state. Though some local highways kept closing, too. Problem here is this state is most definitely The Plains...and flat, flat, flat. So the snow just kept blowing around for hours after it finished falling. The road crews would clear a highway, and 30 minutes later the snow would drift it closed again. My patio did that too...one side has barely a dusting on top of ice...the other side is about 2 feet deep (as my little yorki-chihuahua discovered the hard way...he was just heavy enough to sink in, lol.)

We're in the Omaha metro...the roads were passable this AM in the metro so hubby got to work anyway, although he went later than usual to avoid all the actual rush hour craziness with reduced lane width & slushy/slippery intersections.

Parts of metro Omaha lost electricity last night (like 40,000 people)...they're saying some of those people could be without power for up to a week. Not a fun Christmas for them. Our power blinked several times, but most of the power lines in our area are underground so we kept our power. Can't imagine not having power for a week in the winter here...the overnight low tonight is supposed to be near zero!

We're having some lovely deli rotisserie chicken for dinner tonight...I cleverly purchased it yesterday about 30 minutes before the snow started so I don't have to cook tonight

Last edited by catne; 12-20-2012 at 03:43 PM..
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:04 AM   #130
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! We are expecting snow today 2-5 inches! Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Depending on when and how fast it falls, I may not get my walk in. I don't mind walking in it at all, I just prefer the sidewalks be shoveled! Anyway, it is a good thing I don't have off plan food in the house. I am ready to eat anything and everything! I need to go to a reception this morning and there will be food there. I'm not going to eat though. I'll have an on plan breakfast before I go and I won't be staying long. Then a parishioner wants to talk with me - we will probably go to lunch. I might go off plan, depending on where we go. But it will be reasonable - a meal salad or something with a sweet potato. No dessert. I'm very proud of myself. I am half a pound above my 40 pound lost mark. This holiday season hasn't been tinged with the overeating/binging feeling bad about how bad I feel cycle. By jove, I think I've got it!
Old 12-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay Mim ! Feels good, doesn't it ! You soooo should be proud !

We woke to six inches of heavy, wet snow, ran into town for chiropractor and a few things ay Home Depot, then back to the ranch for an afternoon of plowing and shoveling in the rain.
The winds are howling as the cold front pushes through. Temps are dropping and it has turned to snow. Highs for the weekend will barely break thirty.

I have the gifting thing done for this weekend, now, what the heck to wear ? It's looking like heavy sweaters and boots.......
Old 12-22-2012, 05:21 AM   #132
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! We have snow! Not much - probably 2" - but that is enough to make everything look pretty. It is supposed to snow a bit on Christmas Eve - right now it looks like it is a toss up between rain and snow. I vote snow! Santa brings more presents if it snows! Of course I will be driving until about 1am so I might see him fly by!

I caved last night. Some cookies followed me home from the store. I went to bed feeling icky and woke up feeling icky and realizing just how bad I feel when I eat sugar in such quantities! So, I'll stay on plan until Christmas morning - I need the sugar out of me if I am to be able to make that drive!

My day will be spent at home working on "stuff". The presents are wrapped, with the exception of one that came yesterday and one that needs to come today! I forgot to do something at the office but I think I'll wait until after church tomorrow to finish that up. Although - walking later this afternoon might not be such a bad idea!

Happy Saturday!
Old 12-22-2012, 05:27 AM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! We have the same, another inch or so of snow!

Bah! A few cookies can't hurt you in the long run, don't sweat the small stuff Mim!

Still trying to figure out what to wear.......everyone is city folk and I don't want to look like a bumpkin, or do I (Ellie May Clampbett picture in head)
Old 12-22-2012, 06:37 AM   #134
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Good morning! We have the same, another inch or so of snow!

Bah! A few cookies can't hurt you in the long run, don't sweat the small stuff Mim!

Still trying to figure out what to wear.......everyone is city folk and I don't want to look like a bumpkin, or do I (Ellie May Clampbett picture in head)
The cookies were my favorite! I am not sweating it - actually I am enjoying the journey. The cookies and how I feel are a reminder that staying away from sugar keeps me feeling good!

I would go with a pretty sweater, nice pants and boots.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:22 AM   #135
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Sunday morning! It is almost here! I'm so excited! I will spend the afternoon doing laundry and watching football. Then when I come home I'll finish packing and maybe start loading the car. Did I mention that I'm very excited?

CC - how did yesterday go? What did you wear? I know that whatever it was, you looked great!
Old 12-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whew! Got back before dark!

I arrived in skinny jeans, black equestrian knee high boots, a royal purple long sleeved knit crewneck top. Simple but well bred. Thank you for the compliment.

Safe trip Mim!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SrfrGirl
Stats: Goal: 125 lbs.
WOE: Stillman's & Zero Carb
Start Date: 5/20/12 restart 12/23/12
Hello Stillman's dieters. I haven't been here for a while. Good to see you all.

Thought I would get back here now instead of January.

Hi Mim & Bratty good to see old friends! And CCGirl & the gang, I have read your posts and feel like I know you as friends.

I need your support. I've been eating zero carb, with holiday slip ups including alcohol.

Stillman's works great for me but has been difficult to stick to. I'm ready to start again!
SrfrGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:01 AM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Srfr, welcome back ! What in particular is tough for you on LC ?

When I got to the party and fixed a plate, my step sister was like 'still with the no bread ?'

'O yes,' I responded, 'it's a forever thing.'

Again, just like last year, as I was leaving I gave her the Dukan diet to research AND the LCFriends web address.

we'll see next year.......maybe having to go to Lane Bryant soon will motivate her. She's getting close.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:02 AM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Last edited by CCGirl; 12-24-2012 at 06:06 AM..
Old 12-24-2012, 06:30 AM   #140
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Merry Christmas Eve! All my bags are backed and I'm ready to go! I'll load the car when it warms up a bit. I will be starting my drive to Toledo at 9 tonight. But it is only 4 hours. Then tomorrow I'll drive another 4 hours and be with my grandgirls for Christmas!

Srfrgirl - welcome back. It is a good thing to pop back in now rather than wait for the New Year. Even if we are not being perfectly on plan, making some wise choices right now will help us in the new year!

CC - glad the outfit worked! I bet you wowed them!

Keep the light on - we probably won't get many posts until the New Year. I'll check in when I can!
Old 12-24-2012, 06:46 AM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mim, isn't it supposed to be the younger family goes over the river and through the woods ? Smiling at the irony.

Have a safe trip, be careful out there. Driving late at night, ugh, hopefully all will be home snug in their beds.

Thanks again for the lovely compliment. Is it possible to feel good AND bad about being slimmer at the same time ? I sure did. My step sister was a lot heavier. I guess you have to realize that you can lead the horse to water..........At least my step mom has slowed down the gain. She actually looked wonderful in her bathing suit. I thought she had lost some but I didn't dare say anything.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Hi Mim-thanks for the welcolme back.

CC-Great to meet you friend. It's Stillman's lack of variety I find difficult, and since I had a mixed drink days ago which knocked me out of ketosis and I had been doing so well on zero carb.
There was the Chanukkah foods and celebrating
Then, my Boyfriend got me chili-chocolate and now I'm a cow.

Glad to be here.

Got my eggs, broth, turkey! I'm ready.

I forget, is crystal light allowed?
Old 12-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yep, drinking CL now !!!!!!

mmmmmm, Chanukkah.......I remember it at my Granma Pony's well, rest her soul. Best dang matzoh ball soup on the East Coast. ANd I could eat the parsley in salt water til I dropped. Chicken liver pate'.........mmmmmmmmmm
Old 12-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Merry Christmas Eve friends!
CC-Love you!
Non-Stillman's alert!!!!
Latkes are my fav this time of year. For those that don't know Latkes are potato pancakes served hot with sour cream or applesauce.
A great Matzo ball soup is addictive as well.

End of alert.
Back to Stillmans.

Today:
A lemon Crystal Lite
Turkey slices and 2 pickles (maybe pickles not allowed?)
Lean lamb leftover from yesterday
Water

I went to the movies and did not get anything because I ate before I went.

I need to eat more, I know I need to eat 6x a day.

Planning more eggs later. Or bullion egg drop soup.

I have a huge organic turkey double breast ready for baking tomorrow and can spend the whole day off with the boyfriend & puppy.
I should have plenty of leftover turkey for a couple days.

When the stores open I can stock up on more Stillman food to keep from cheating.

My plan, please add ideas:

Albacore tuna in water
Fish for baking
boiled eggs (they sell them here in our deli pre-boiled & peeled, you know I hate to boil them-such a chore)
Chicken breasts (for Stillman sweet & Sour chicken, Herb Chicken)
ground turkey for turkey patties
mustard
cocktail sauce
shrimp
Chicken bullion (I love the Stillman's egg drop soup. Bullion & and egg dropped in)
I have dry spices, organic ketchup,very low fat organic cottage cheese, beef bullion, Pam spray to avoid oil & butter. Got vitamins & magnesium.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also will use some of the ground turkey to add this spice mix, from the Stillman recipe link:
Stillman Recipes

Dottie's Taco Seasoning Mix
1/4 cup chili powder
1 TBS garlic powder
1 TBS onion powder
2 tsp salt
1 tsp each black and red pepper
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp oregano

Am I forgetting anything that I should have? Any new recipes that you know of? Can we use lemon zest & lemon juice? Capers? I don't remember.
Thanks!
Old 12-25-2012, 02:17 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Merry Christmas to everyone!:

Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG latkes..............

Happy Holidays y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DH overdid it last nite, on the phone with DD, getting all mushy.......it was a grand night at that. He's sleeping it off and I am watching the Nutcrackers on Ovation channel. The Bolshoi's was a real snooze fest this year............
Old 12-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Yes, Merry Christmas everyone!

Still on plan, Turkey in the oven!

2nd day: No loss/No gain since yesterday. What was I expecting on day 2?

Add 2 eggs last night.

Menu today:
B: 2 eggs sunny side up, 3 pc. turkey bacon.
L: Pickles Waiting for turkey to be done
D: Will be turkey breast when it's done! I put black pepper, celery seed, and sprayed with a little Pam cooking spray. May add kosher salt in a bit.

Drinks: Lemon Crystal Lite, Water

I plan on making turkey salad adding blended up cottage cheese with the leftovers.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

I hope you all had a nice holiday and are ready for Stillman's!
Day three and no scale change yet. Not in ketosis( too early, perhaps tomorrow).
I'm on plan still.
I found 2 fillets of salmon in my freezer! I thawed them and made a salmon-egg scramble that was delish for the Boyfriend and I. Turned out great!

The turkey yesterday turned out amazing. I didn't add the kosher salt and didn't need it. The celery seed and Pam spray made it great tasting (I added sage too, later) and the BF was so happy to eat the skin that I didn't. There is leftover turkey thank goodness.

Got out my Cuisinart mini chopper to grind a Stillman's legal cottage cheese imitation mayo/turkey salad.
Going to boil some eggs for the morning, watching "The Fugitive" tv show marathon from 1960's right now.

Today's menu:

B-Salmon/egg scramble
S-Low fat Cottage cheese, organic
L-turkey
S-Bullion & egg drop soup
D-Ground super-lean beef sirloin with the little mustard I have left-for a change from turkey & eggs.

I still need to go to the store but am having so much much fun today during the marathon. Will go tomorrow for more mustard, eggs, fish including halibut and snapper, chicken fillets, ground turkey, and some fat free cottage cheese instead of this low fat one. I need more herbs & bullion too.

Happy new year everyone.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosebud5t
Stats: 188.6/161.2/140
Start Date: November 2014
Newbie here!

Hi all! I'm new here and starting this plan tomorrow. I've done LC in the past and had success. Last year did Jenny Craig, which I can't say enough good about, and got to my goal. Unfortunately over the summer I allowed a life setback to cause a weight setback. I had two major surgeries to remove part of my leg due to cancer. The cancer is totally gone now (YAY!) and I still have my leg, but the treatments and recovery did a number on me both physically and emotionally.

Soooooo here I am, 5 weeks away from a major vacation, 3 sizes away from fitting into my vacation clothes! I'm in a 14 and they're mostly 8s!

I have no illusions of losing 3 sizes in 5 weeks, but I do tend to run about a size every 10 lbs, so I'd love to get as close as I can before then. To do that, I know I have to be uber strict!!! I've been monkeying around trying to decide what plan to start because I don't have time to be changing it up mid way through. I have a couple of questions....

Is fat-free lunchmeat (ham or turkey) allowed? I'm thinking not the ham? Yet it has the same nutritional value...
What about all white meat turkey franks (hot dogs)?
Fat-free Jello... I'm seeing a couple of things that seem to contradict, and want to follow exactly... Is okay or no?

I'll post stats tomorrow, I want to get a true start weight in the morning. I had a doctor appt this afternoon and wanted to vomit when I saw the scale. It's time to do something!!!!

Thanks in advance for the support!!!!

Last edited by Rosebud5t; 12-26-2012 at 06:20 PM..
Rosebud5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy holiday week everyone, I hope you are all happy and comfy.

Still thinking about my Dad who passed in September, I am grateful that my Mom is okay and basically that we're all alive is a good thing. I tend to dwell horribly so bear with me.

Mom, as usual, pretty much sent me the entire Denim and Supply fall collection for Christmas, so I'm trying to figure out the whole Boho thing...........while stalking Stubbs and Wootton slippers (they're having a sale).........OMG the irony LOL

Last edited by CCGirl; 12-26-2012 at 06:31 PM..