Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hmmmmmmm...........the thiiiiiinnnnnnnnnkerrrrrrrr..............the philosopher. Try a book by Dave Barry, the humourist. He'll love it.

Thanks for the tips on the chicken.

Layeriing, layering, what can I say.........I imagine you're quite a bit warmer down there, Mim.

Nikki, are you another one who found out veegan ruins your health? I did it for three years and went into premenopause, had to have loads of dental work, hair graying, ugh, I could kill myself for reading that stupid book my BFF gave me 'Skinny Beotch'.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #92
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyNikki
Stats: 198.5/192/130
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept 2012
CCGirl- YES! i did 80/10/10 raw vegan for a year (became very thin which does not always mean healthy- pretty much no muscle and thin hair etc.. bad teeth.. social issues .. ugh). It feels so liberating to eat meat again. I am taking Maca in hopes my hormone problems will resolve this way. I was really strict and it ruled my life- no fun at all! I just recently accepted the fact that meat makes me feel and function like a human. humans have been eating meat forever and coming from a family of hunters- it is a natural and normal thing to do.. i do however still battle with it and have many veggie friends. its hard =/

So- i have a problem!! This is not exclusive just to low carbing. I am noticing in the morning, i start off nice and slim feeling (belly = flattest at that time). through my day, my belly bloats out soo much and my back as well. its a very uncomfortable feeling! i almost have to loosen my pants. I am not even EATING tho- just drinking.. coffee, tea, water. I am actually drinking several 20oz waters. do you think i can be overhydrating? I was so focused on keeping cals down, getting enough fluids. i think something is off. I am working out a lot too. Anyone care to weigh in here :/ i hate the bloating, its horrible and painful too. Finally fit into cute pants in the morning, just to unbotton them in the afternoon kinda sux lol.

I think i need to drink less caffeing, drink less water and start eating more. What do you all think? lol go figure i prob answer my own question.
SkinnyNikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #93
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyNikki View Post
CCGirl- YES! i did 80/10/10 raw vegan for a year (became very thin which does not always mean healthy- pretty much no muscle and thin hair etc.. bad teeth.. social issues .. ugh). It feels so liberating to eat meat again. I am taking Maca in hopes my hormone problems will resolve this way. I was really strict and it ruled my life- no fun at all! I just recently accepted the fact that meat makes me feel and function like a human. humans have been eating meat forever and coming from a family of hunters- it is a natural and normal thing to do.. i do however still battle with it and have many veggie friends. its hard =/

So- i have a problem!! This is not exclusive just to low carbing. I am noticing in the morning, i start off nice and slim feeling (belly = flattest at that time). through my day, my belly bloats out soo much and my back as well. its a very uncomfortable feeling! i almost have to loosen my pants. I am not even EATING tho- just drinking.. coffee, tea, water. I am actually drinking several 20oz waters. do you think i can be overhydrating? I was so focused on keeping cals down, getting enough fluids. i think something is off. I am working out a lot too. Anyone care to weigh in here :/ i hate the bloating, its horrible and painful too. Finally fit into cute pants in the morning, just to unbotton them in the afternoon kinda sux lol.

I think i need to drink less caffeing, drink less water and start eating more. What do you all think? lol go figure i prob answer my own question.
I think I would back off the water. It is possible to over hydrate.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #94
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I'm kinda worried about weighing in the morning. I haven't lost any since Friday, and I have a Christmas party Friday night. I had planned on staying on plan, but I've got cravings and if there is no loss in the morning, I'm afraid I don't have enough willpower to stay sane with food. Ug. And it is not possible not to weigh in the morning.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:05 AM   #95
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: optionyout
What are you guys going to do after QWL? Atkins type low carb? I've been thinking Paleo diet. My oldest is now officially gluten free so I figure I'm halfway there for the Paleo diet.

And from earlier questions I am drinking water and my calories although I'm not keeping track have to be low. Still kinda stalled.
optionyout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:35 AM   #96
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by optionyout View Post
What are you guys going to do after QWL? Atkins type low carb? I've been thinking Paleo diet. My oldest is now officially gluten free so I figure I'm halfway there for the Paleo diet.

And from earlier questions I am drinking water and my calories although I'm not keeping track have to be low. Still kinda stalled.
You lost a lot of weight in a short time so your body is going to need to slow down for now. As long as you are on plan you will loose! Great job, by the way!

I'm going to do Paleo.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:39 AM   #97
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Well, what was I worried about? I lost a pound! Finally! And now I'm in the 40 pound lost club! And I have renewed resolve to not over do it tonight! My weight loss may be slow, but at least every now and then I see some progress.

Happy Friday!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Well, what was I worried about? I lost a pound! Finally! And now I'm in the 40 pound lost club! And I have renewed resolve to not over do it tonight! My weight loss may be slow, but at least every now and then I see some progress.

Happy Friday!

Congrats to you...and incentive to stay strong through the parties!
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:

I'll probably eventually do regular Atkins style eating...but still have 25+ lbs. to lose so will stay on slightly modified QWL until I get there.

Paleo would definitely be do-able with the gluten free.
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #100
Junior LCF Member

HI all- TGIF! So I am down .5 lb after the weird gain. At least i am trending downward. I would like to get into the 160's however. I know the problem is the darn drinking. I need to stop going out so much i guess during my weight loss phase. willpower!!! Stay strong everyone. Oh and i am going to work on NOT over hydrating today and not taking too much coffee since i think they both work to mess up my electrolytes which i think might affect my tummy bloating. so far so good. ill chew gum instead

Menu:
B: 3 eggs, 2 slices canadian bacon
L: 2 eggs, 2 slices canadian bacon
2 cups coffee w/ half n half
D: think im going to treat myself to some sushi wrapped in cucumber later mmmm
Old 12-15-2012, 05:16 AM   #101
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I woke up to a 2.5 pound gain from the party last night. It was a weird party - no one was much in the mood for it. The news is too horrendous. My 2.5 pound gain is beyond insignificant in the realm of such tragedy. And yet, we must carry on. I'm going to breakfast with a friend and I'll have her drop me off uptown and walk back home. The fresh air will do me good.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:48 AM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

OMG OMG finally someone who gets the vegan=baaaaaad !

IDK about the bloat while eating clean, possibly the salt ? I loves me sausages, bacon and ham but I try not to eat it if I'm leaving the house due to bloat. Veggies, too, major bloat so none when going out.

Quote:

Gluten free ROCKS, I think everyone should be GF.

Paleo w/dairy for me.........
Quote:

Happy Friday!
Quote:
I woke up to a 2.5 pound gain from the party last night. It was a weird party - no one was much in the mood for it. The news is too horrendous. My 2.5 pound gain is beyond insignificant in the realm of such tragedy. And yet, we must carry on. I'm going to breakfast with a friend and I'll have her drop me off uptown and walk back home. The fresh air will do me good.
IDK Mim, that's why my scale is a casual friend. Seriously, I weigh like once a month.

Newtown is like a half hour from where we lived in CT......DH's brother lives there.........horrible........
Old 12-16-2012, 02:34 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
is your dh family ok? this is a tragedy.

i second your gluten free paleo eating rocks. always thankful for your support.
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:31 AM   #104
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Sunday morning! I thought I was pretty much finished with eating out, but not so much as it turns out! I had breakfast out yesterday, and then a rather late dinner out. Both low carb but high fat. There is a group that meets in the church that is meeting this afternoon - they are having a pot luck and they contacted me yesterday and want me to speak to them about the tragedy. Then this evening I'm having another dinner out. I've gained the 4 pounds that is typical for me in these situations. I won't gain any more than this, but eating a bit more carbs and a lot more fat always does this to me. I'll be fine.

I need to post here about the mundane world of weight loss. I know it seems strange to go on about it - but I desperately need a place where I am safe from taking on the pain of others. If even for the 5 minutes it takes to write a post.

BTW - Fred Rogers was a friend of mine - not a close friend - but a friend. He used to come to the seminary where he graduated and I was a student. I worked in the library and we would talk and when he and his wife couldn't go to one of the events they had season tickets for (concerts, opera, etc)he would offer them to me. He was genuine - Mr Rogers. Anyway, he always said that in tragedy like we are experiencing, the way to talk to children about it is to tell them that there are always people to help them. Firefighters and and police and Moms and Dads and friends. It is good for us to remember that too. There are people around us who will help us grieve and be angry and heal.

Happy Sunday

Last edited by Mim; 12-16-2012 at 04:33 AM..
Old 12-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks, Shreem, eberyone we know down there has checked in, and nobody has small children, so we're good.

Mim, the Fred Rogers ? OMG !

I think we all find comfort and solace on these boards..........for instance, when I go to CT Saturday, DF's wife and sister are horribly obese, her daughter is on her way, and I dread looking too good......like, should I wear baggy stuff ?
The sad part is when Dad and his wife were married she had lost a hundred pounds on LC, so she knows how to lose weight.
She once said to me, I know how to lose, I just don't know how to keep it off.
She was a member of Overeaters Anon, too, so it really drives me mad that's she's content to be fat and yet secretly cries because she is.
Please, don't ever any of us be caught in that torture...............
Old 12-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh, kill me now, that statement looks soooo concieted, and I'm really not, seriously........
Old 12-17-2012, 04:29 AM   #107
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

CC - yes, the Fred Rogers.

Good Monday morning. Today begins the lose back to where I was before Christmas push. I don't have any more parties or meetings over food until after the 1st of the year. So, I will be on plan between now and Christmas morning! Since I'll be in the car Christmas Eve, I won't be eating then. I'll leave right after the service and drive for 4 hours - until 12:30 am, spend the night in a hotel, get up Christmas morning and drive 4 more hours to get to the grand girls between 9 and 10 Christmas morning. So, between now and Christmas morning, I should get back into the 40 pound lost club!

Happy Monday!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:51 AM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodness, Mim, you will be exhausted Christmas Day. Please be extra careful while traveling. I have to go Saturday to near Danbury CT/Brewster NY area. Fortunately it will be during the day.

That's interesting, I have no idea what I weighed in the past Christmases. I will never forget New Years 2010, tho, 200 pounds, my heaviest ever.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:45 AM   #109
Junior LCF Member

Good monday morning all! I am sorta bummed since i am up 3lbs today but i did a good workout yesterday - and also was bad all weekend and had a stupid splurge. I am right back on track today determined to get it off ASAP. This week i am going to cut out ALL alcohol! That is my downfall, b/c it leads me to not only to stall, but i crave carbs and crap after. i think i will see a woosh this week but need some motivation lol. Went to the store and stocked way up on lean meats and dairy so i have NO excuse. Does anyone else here use egg beaters / whites? I simply microwave the whites and a peice of laughing cow cheese and hot sauce. its pretty good. And my hunger is already gone. But last night i had a major binge on protein of all things =| wonder if its from the workout.. not sure yet. Lunch is shrimp cocktail (planning to make my own sauce w/ hotsauce and a laughing cow cheese mixed up) and have some lean deli meat just incase. Dinner... prob some chicken or fish. Glad i am figuring out what works. good luck today all xoxo!

ps- CCGirl!! I am familiar w/ that part of Ny! I am from Westchester myself living in CT now. what a small world

Last edited by SkinnyNikki; 12-17-2012 at 06:47 AM..
Old 12-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #110
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Yes, I eat egg whites all the time. I microwave them in a soup mug. I know the whole eggs are healthier, but I began eating egg whites when I focused my diet to deal with the inflammation of my severe osteoarthritis. The yolks are highly inflammatory, and I feel the difference when I'm eating whole eggs (which I love). I now control my arthritis pain with no meds at all--just diet and exercise.

When I'm not doing Stillman's [which I do for 'damage control' when I need to drop a couple of pounds], I don't ever eat 'high fat'--more moderate. And I'm very carb sensitive, so I need to stay at no more than 25g daily (I'm usually closer to 15g). I eat more Primal than Atkins--no grains or dairy (except for butter).

This is for life, so I have developed a WOE that I can live with for the long haul.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #111
Junior LCF Member

Leo41- that is interesting- didn't know yolks were inflammatory :/

how much water does everyone here drink? If i am drinking lots of coffee (reg and decaf) do i need to drink that much? im just afraid to get that bloating again which i think was from not enough food and too much water. I dont want to drink too little or too much. some say pee should be clear, others say it shouldn't be - confused
Old 12-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good monday morning all! I am sorta bummed since i am up 3lbs today but i did a good workout yesterday - and also was bad all weekend and had a stupid splurge. I am right back on track today determined to get it off ASAP. This week i am going to cut out ALL alcohol! That is my downfall, b/c it leads me to not only to stall, but i crave carbs and crap after. i think i will see a woosh this week but need some motivation lol. Went to the store and stocked way up on lean meats and dairy so i have NO excuse. Does anyone else here use egg beaters / whites? I simply microwave the whites and a peice of laughing cow cheese and hot sauce. its pretty good. And my hunger is already gone. But last night i had a major binge on protein of all things =| wonder if its from the workout.. not sure yet. Lunch is shrimp cocktail (planning to make my own sauce w/ hotsauce and a laughing cow cheese mixed up) and have some lean deli meat just incase. Dinner... prob some chicken or fish. Glad i am figuring out what works. good luck today all xoxo!

ps- CCGirl!! I am familiar w/ that part of Ny! I am from Westchester myself living in CT now. what a small world
Nikk, I still think it's salt............we moved to the Lake George area from Norwalk........
Quote:
Leo41- that is interesting- didn't know yolks were inflammatory :/

how much water does everyone here drink? If i am drinking lots of coffee (reg and decaf) do i need to drink that much? im just afraid to get that bloating again which i think was from not enough food and too much water. I dont want to drink too little or too much. some say pee should be clear, others say it shouldn't be - confused
Oh I am sooooo water impaired, lucky to drink three bottles a day.....the clearer your P the better, but some foods play tricks on that like asparagus, too......and I drink three cups of Joe a day, thus negating any water's hydrating effect.....I am trying to drink soda during the day to offset the water shortage, DH drinks it like it's beer but it just doesn't do it for me...

thanks Leo for the yolk info, who knew ??
Old 12-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

blech, now they are forecasting snow for the weekend, just what I want to be driving in, NOT
Old 12-18-2012, 04:24 AM   #114
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Tuesday morning! This is my weigh in day and I've gained two pounds. I'm pretty happy with that. I've been able to party and eat out with friends and only gain two pounds. I haven't eaten everything is sight just because I went off plan for an event! I hope to lose the two and one or two more by Christmas. I would like to stay in the 220's over the holidays. I'm very excited that I am actually only two pounds up for the week. I had to buy a pair of jeans the other day. My jeans are so uncomfortable because they are so big. I bought a pair of elastic waist cheap jeans and they look good. I don't wear anything tucked in anyway. My red jeans (size 18) almost fit - well I can almost button them. I actually could button them if I worked at it! : ) The walking and staying on plan are whittling me down!

Just think! In one week we will be waking up and checking out what Santa brought!
Old 12-18-2012, 04:53 AM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay Mim ! Newer and smaller clothes ! It's all good !

Did you get those last minute gifts picked out ?
Old 12-18-2012, 05:43 AM   #116
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Yay Mim ! Newer and smaller clothes ! It's all good !

Did you get those last minute gifts picked out ?
Yup! I got him fair trade Audubon coffee!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:56 AM   #117
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Just to clarify the water issue--hydration is from fluids--period. And not only do all liquids help, but we get most of our daily needs from food itself, since all foods contain some percentage of water.

I rarely drink plain water, but I drink black coffee and plain, hot tea all day long. And that works fine.

The test of adequate hydration is the color of your pee, which should be clear to light yellow. Anything darker, and you need more fluids.

Never go by 'thirst' because by the time we feel thirsty, we are dehydrated.

Here's why I know this stuff. I have lost close to 200 lbs, but my cardiologist told me that what doesn't 'shrink' is our vascular system. I still have the blood volume of someone 300+, and thus I need to hydrate to support THAT system. It's one reason I drink a lot, but all my doctor have assured me that the body uses ALL fluids similarly, including the fluid contained in our foods.

All doctors have told me that checking pee color is the best way to insure that I'm adequately hydrated--and that's what I do.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #118
Junior LCF Member

Wow Leo- VERY interesting stuff!! I am reading too many conflicting boards and blogs. makin myself a lil crazy lol So- the heaviest i have ever been was (gulp) 190. that means... my vascular system will always need to support that #? hmmm crazy! i love hearing stuff like that. I bought some propel stuff to add to my water- so that i am not just drinking all day and im afraid i will P out all the stuff i need to keep my body balanced.

I read on matt stones blog how we drink too much but he is really anti-low carb and following his advice i gained so much weight and it was scary times. Low carb keeps me so sane, mentally clear and still able to have a social life. And i am very healthy even tho i am over weight. i can hike for hours, my blood work is all great etc.

I am able to drink drink drink all day long- sitting in the office. I am really good about it, and perhaps thought i was over hydrating. is it possible to tho? isn't the body good at regulating fluids as long as we dont drink too much too fast? =\ still confuzzed on this

Mim- congrats! I know how you feel accepting a small gain. I must be crazy to try to lose 20# by mid January- but i am really determined. I have lost #'s during holiday before so I have faith i can do this i think you can too and congrats for your jeans being too big. I havent worn jeans in over a year i can not WAIT to wear them again! they are sitting in my closet calling my name lol.

CCgirl- I live in CT now and work not too far from Norwalk I have friends there and am there all the time. Is it supposed to snow this weekend =| and yes - so so close to this tragic events lately. First hurricane then this horrible Friday incident. ughhh.... it needs to end. and not by the way they are talking about this friday either.

anyhow, try to stay positive everyone!! It is hard but this is a time to reach out, help, support others in the community.

back to work. xoxoxo

ps~ I am loving this coconut milk creamer i got. Zero fat. 1 carb. not terrible. lets see if it stalls me or not.. hopefully not! since half n half has 1 carb too, i figure its better since 0 fats.

Last edited by SkinnyNikki; 12-18-2012 at 11:30 AM..
Old 12-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yup! I got him fair trade Audubon coffee!
oh that IS very philosophical.........go you!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Just to clarify the water issue--hydration is from fluids--period. And not only do all liquids help, but we get most of our daily needs from food itself, since all foods contain some percentage of water.

I rarely drink plain water, but I drink black coffee and plain, hot tea all day long. And that works fine.

The test of adequate hydration is the color of your pee, which should be clear to light yellow. Anything darker, and you need more fluids.

Never go by 'thirst' because by the time we feel thirsty, we are dehydrated.

Here's why I know this stuff. I have lost close to 200 lbs, but my cardiologist told me that what doesn't 'shrink' is our vascular system. I still have the blood volume of someone 300+, and thus I need to hydrate to support THAT system. It's one reason I drink a lot, but all my doctor have assured me that the body uses ALL fluids similarly, including the fluid contained in our foods.

All doctors have told me that checking pee color is the best way to insure that I'm adequately hydrated--and that's what I do.
OK Leo, now that you have me totally confused.......so if I have three cups of coffee, two bottles of water, two glasses of soda, and five vodka tonics, I'm good ?

And the whole vascular thing, your entire blood system will never readjust to being skinny? Isn't that like, I dunno, your stomach would still be able to hold two tons of food even tho you lost a crapload of weight?

Doctors scare me.......
Quote:
Wow
I read on matt stones blog how we drink too much but he is really anti-low carb and following his advice i gained so much weight and it was scary times. Low carb keeps me so sane, mentally clear and still able to have a social life. And i am very healthy even tho i am over weight. i can hike for hours, my blood work is all great etc.

I am able to drink drink drink all day long- sitting in the office. I am really good about it, and perhaps thought i was over hydrating. is it possible to tho? isn't the body good at regulating fluids as long as we dont drink too much too fast? = still confuzzed on this

Mim- congrats! I know how you feel accepting a small gain. I must be crazy to try to lose 20# by mid January- but i am really determined. I have lost #'s during holiday before so I have faith i can do this i think you can too and congrats for your jeans being too big. I havent worn jeans in over a year i can not WAIT to wear them again! they are sitting in my closet calling my name lol.

CCgirl- I live in CT now and work not too far from Norwalk I have friends there and am there all the time. Is it supposed to snow this weekend =| and yes - so so close to this tragic events lately. First hurricane then this horrible Friday incident. ughhh.... it needs to end. and not by the way they are talking about this friday either.

anyhow, try to stay positive everyone!! It is hard but this is a time to reach out, help, support others in the community.

back to work. xoxoxo

ps~ I am loving this coconut milk creamer i got. Zero fat. 1 carb. not terrible. lets see if it stalls me or not.. hopefully not! since half n half has 1 carb too, i figure its better since 0 fats.
LOL you actually know where Lake Geroge and Norwalk are........I will be in Putnam lake this weekend......love you gal !
Old 12-19-2012, 05:49 AM   #120
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! A fine morning it is! I've lost more of my Christmas party gain. I'm almost back to where I was pre-parties! I should get a bit lower than that by Christmas Eve, which is the last time I'll weigh until I return after the New Year. I'm very excited that this year I am not feeling miserable because my eating is out of control. Yes, there will be goodies over the holiday, but I am learning how to not go crazy with what I put in my mouth.

I will walk to the office this morning. I have lots to do - my secretary informed me yesterday that she is quitting as of Friday. Timing is everything.

This evening I'm going to wrap a few last minute gifts and enjoy some Christmas movies. There is a day of doing laundry in my very near future, and packing, and planning and just general excitement! It will be Christmas soon!