Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 03:47 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken

Minutes to Prepare: 10
Minutes to Cook: 360
Number of Servings: 10

Ingredients
5 Chicken breasts
1 16 oz. jar La Victoria Thick'N Chunky mild salsa
1/2 package Lawry's Taco Seasoning

Directions

Trim fat from chicken. Rinse chicken and place chicken in Crock pot.
Sprinkle 1/2 package of taco seasoning onto chicken
Pour salsa over chicken.

Cook on low in crock pot 6 to 8 hours.

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 149.3
Total Fat: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 68.4 mg
Sodium: 475.7 mg
Total Carbs: 3.9 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.3 g
Protein: 27.2 g
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #62
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyNikki
Stats: 198.5/192/130
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept 2012
Hi all - hope everyone had a nice weekend. Mine went great but my diet not so much. I had a farewell dinner w/ my BF but had lamb and some asparagus, but the wine kinda killed me i guess. then did ok sat- eggs/bacon bfast, sushi for lunch (a veggie/avo wrap) and a steak salad for dinner.. but again i went out and had some drinks. wine and vodka. today doing atkins. So, atkins on the weekends and Stillmans M-F seems to be pretty doable for me. Don't want to get on the scales tomorrow :/ does anyone else wait to weigh in a few days after falling off? Im worried about losing my motivation. I'll be going to the gym tomorrow too. How'd everyone else do? Hopefully better then me....

Mm Shreem that recipe sounds great and simple.
SkinnyNikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyNikki View Post
Hi all - hope everyone had a nice weekend. Mine went great but my diet not so much. I had a farewell dinner w/ my BF but had lamb and some asparagus, but the wine kinda killed me i guess. then did ok sat- eggs/bacon bfast, sushi for lunch (a veggie/avo wrap) and a steak salad for dinner.. but again i went out and had some drinks. wine and vodka. today doing atkins. So, atkins on the weekends and Stillmans M-F seems to be pretty doable for me. Don't want to get on the scales tomorrow :/ does anyone else wait to weigh in a few days after falling off? Im worried about losing my motivation. I'll be going to the gym tomorrow too. How'd everyone else do? Hopefully better then me....

Mm Shreem that recipe sounds great and simple.
I don't wait to weigh...for me, it's way too easy to pretend there's no problems with my eating if I don't weigh every day (and track it on ******.)

If I choose to eat off-plan for a meal, or a weekend, or whatever...well, I want to know what the "damage" is each time I eat off-plan. And keeping track of it makes it easier to make good choices in the future. And I can calculate if the off-plan meal (or adult beverage) is worth it. Sometimes it is...sometimes it's not. But that's just me, I know I can't stay on track if I don't make myself put it down in black & white every time. The numbers don't lie, lol. I've kept track long enough to know one glass of wine will just stall me one day (no gain/no loss) but several glasses of wine can stall me for several days because when I get a bit too "happy" on the booze, that triggers my apptetite and then I tend to over-eat for a day or two (not extra carbs, but just extra LC foods, so too many calories)

But that's just me...I'm kind of OCD about keeping track of things & Organizing my diet

Hubby, on the other hand, never weighs on Monday (we tend to have restaurant meals, higher calorie meals and the occasional adult bev on the weekends.) He finds it too discouraging to acknowledge the temporary bounces up.

We've both lost steadily since March, so both ways work.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:04 AM   #64
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! Ahhhhhh - Monday! I've a busy day today but I can take my time (sort of) getting it started. If it isn't raining I'll walk to the office.

I don't wait to weigh either. While I get frustrated that the scale won't move or goes up, not to weigh just gives me license to stay off plan. I am going to take my scale with me when I go to dd's for Christmas. I'm not planning on being strict on plan, but I will make sure that I don't gain more than 4 pounds. I always gain an immediate 2 pound water weight, and the other two will be occasional treats! Our Christmas Dinner is naturally low carb - tenderloin, brussels sprouts, and acorn squash. The squash is the highest carb. New Year's day dinner includes mashed potatoes and black eyed peas though!

One more pound 'till I join the 40 lbs lost club!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:16 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
wow Mim, 40 pounds, weigh to go !!!!!!!!!!

Cat, I like your DH's approach........again, I am the Charlie Sheen of dieters now I'm so lazy I let my clothes tell me I'm fatter.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:40 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

i like to weigh everyday, but i use the scale at the gym, which is a doctors scale and more accurate & since it's at the gym, i don't use it everyday because i don't like to weigh in front of other people. so i wait for the days when no one is looking and sneak it in.

The days I can't weigh, I measure my arm at home.

Last edited by Shreem; 12-10-2012 at 07:42 AM..
Old 12-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #67
Junior LCF Member

Hi all very happy to say.. i was scared as hell to get on the scale.. but great news! I did not gain or lose, just stayed the same as friday horray !! omg i am so happy. this never happens. I behaved pretty well food wise- so the alcohol just stalled me. Back at it again today of course, and gym later too! pumped!! I am really thinking i am going to blow through the 170's.. and be in the 160s before i know it! so cool that the weight didn't just pile back on. I also suspect the maca root i am taking is helping my hormones that were so out of whack. now if i can stop smoking which is a odd recent habit i have picked up :/ i know its bad for me. i just really enjoy it for some reason .. a few a day. looking to cut down to just 2 a day, and from there 1. once would think since i am getting healthier and working out allot this would not be appealing to me at all. lol

catne- yes i agree totally - I decided to weigh in afterall and am glad that i did! Otherwise i might have had no clue as to my weekly approach. this is such a good start off to my week and so motivating!

Mim- that is SO awesome! Big congrats on the almost 40'bs gone club! hope i can say the same one day -- sooon! i will be at a very healthy 140ish range at that point. I am so elated i found this WOE! and that its really working for me this time around. everything seems to be lining up.. hormones, diet, working out. woohoo!

smooches to the rest of you and hope you have a great start to your week

My menu:

B: (kind of high fat/not stillman compliant but i was completely out of food today and will not be having lunch) 2 Mcd's sausage egg n cheese (opted for this over Mcd's egg mcmuffin so i would have enough cal's to get me through the day).

snack/L: coffee, touch of half/half. BTW- does anyone have any better recomendation for a milk/cream sub for coffee? I can NOT do black :x maybe coconut milk?

D: not sure yet- probably going to get chicken w/o a bun or chicken wings. Kind of a very low carb more atkins-ish day b/c i need to go food shopping and am always running around.. however this approach did not stall me at all last week so im sticking to it. plus ill put in a good few hrs at the gym tonight

xo
Old 12-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #68
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I just changed my slacks! My body is getting smaller and changing shape. Between staying on plan and walking to work several times a week, I'm shrinking. But - here's the funny part. The pants I put on this morning are very uncomfortable. And not because they are too loose, but because they are too tight around my waist! I'm not freaked out or upset, because I know it is just my body getting better. But it is very weird!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #69
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: optionyout
It's been 3 weeks for me today. Down from 188 to 174. FYI, I'm a man, 5'8", lifted weights quite a bit in my life, and at 160 I believe I would be perfect. The problem is I only have one week left. Would it be a mistake to continue it for an extra week? I would think 165 is attainable that way. This diet is so restrictive and my you know what is screaming for fiber!!!! I haven't gone #2 in 3 days although I'm not hurting. Yet.
optionyout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Blush
Stats: 194/179/125
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: December 1, 2012
Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend and a great start to the new week. I woke up to my lovely TOM. Pretty grouchy and kinda snapping at everyone I feel so bad. On the other hand, I did get the scale to read 172.2!!! So happy to see that number. I'm absolutely determined not to cheat and I think it's getting me.. I had a nightmare about eating a starburst

Mim, congrats! I hope you drop that pound overnight.

Also, has anyone here lost a lot by being EXTREMELY strict while they were on stillman's? My best friend kinda freaked me out and told me my body might not be able to keep up with quick weight loss and I'll be left with loose skin.
Blush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:53 AM   #71
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by optionyout View Post
It's been 3 weeks for me today. Down from 188 to 174. FYI, I'm a man, 5'8", lifted weights quite a bit in my life, and at 160 I believe I would be perfect. The problem is I only have one week left. Would it be a mistake to continue it for an extra week? I would think 165 is attainable that way. This diet is so restrictive and my you know what is screaming for fiber!!!! I haven't gone #2 in 3 days although I'm not hurting. Yet.
You can stay on Stillman's as long as you want to! There isn't a time limit. Try taking magnesium at night. That will help keep things moving! And welcome to the group.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:57 AM   #72
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Alas, not only did I not lose the pound to get into the 40 pound club, I didn't lose anything! I weigh the same this morning as I did when I went to bed. Go figure! But today is my weekly weigh in and for the week I've lost 1.5. I hope at some point it speeds up again, but I'm happy with the 1.5. I feel good and I'm on plan!

Today is the Christmas party lunch. It's funny because I'm not looking forward to going off plan. In the past I would have been really looking forward to this - the food is delicious! But while I will enjoy my meal, I would rather stay on plan!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
SkinnyNikki...good to know you didn't gain from the alcohol. I think that's the key to successfully going off-plan for a weekend: keeping everything in moderation and being willing to stall for a day or two. Then getting right back on plan.

optionyout...as Mim said, there's no time limit to Stillmans (or did you mean you have a 4 week goal time-frame?) Whichever it is, you can continue on Stillmans as long as it takes. I take magnesium daily to keep things moving...though it is true there is certainly reduced waste on this way of eating. Would recommend multi vitamins daily also to cover all the bases. If you really feel like you need to have the fiber in your diet, buy some flaxseed meal (ground flaxseed) and sprinkle some on your breakfast eggs...you may want to start with a teaspoon per day and then gradually increase up to a tablespoon per day. (Don't start with a lot, because you could certainly really plug things up if your system is not used to having fiber in it.)

Blush...whether or not you end up with loose skin is more a matter of what kind of skin you have, your age & genetics. Many people end up with some loose skin regardless of how fast or how slow they gain & lose. General rule of thumb...younger you are, the better chance you have of not having saggy skin (but that's true all over...younger people don't have the face wrinkles, either that come from saggy skin.) Some folks have very elastic skin and have no issues, no matter what (like the women who get no stretch marks with pregnancy) Even if you end up with some excess skin, it will eventually catch up (unless you're starting out several hundred pounds overweight!) Guess the question is...would you rather continue over weight or have some saggy skin?

Mim...hang on, you'll get there! And every day you weigh the same is one more day you did NOT GAIN! So it's all good

Last edited by catne; 12-11-2012 at 09:18 AM..
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #74
Junior LCF Member

Hi all it seems i am still stalled at that number but im not stressing b/c i did a mostly atkins day yesterday- im also figuring the weekend splurging caused me to have to sort of "re-induct" or get the carbs out again. at least the # is the same, but i dont understand how our bodies are so good at maintaining our weight to the ounce! crazy! 176.4 since friday. hopefully have a little breakthrough soon! will keep the fats lower - learned some lessons this week. Feeling really tired tho today- again not sure if diet or what. woke up in the middle of night to pp and think it set off my sleep as lately i can almost sleep through my alarm in the morning. I also really am motivated to stop the smoking. i read how it can mess with blood sugar. no bueno :/

menu:

b: egg mcmuffins (no bread-3) and a 1/4 avocado (i know high in fat- car battery died, was late to work stuck home...starving and all i had in the house was avocado.. then only had enough time to drive thru mcd's - time to do some food shopping!)
l: i think i will have to skip again today =/
coffee (trying only 1 creamer per cup)... water all day (think i need to up my water).. thinking of having more tea since i can drink it lighter.
d: not sure yet. something lean though since i had a bit too much fats today.

ps- edit to mention.. plugged in my food for yeserday and was over 1500 cals! that is way more then i normally eat. even w/ a workout. today will be back to 800-1000 which normally satisfies me. wow the mcd's sausage pattys were really high fat/cals. =0

Last edited by SkinnyNikki; 12-11-2012 at 10:02 AM..
Old 12-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

drive by thanks for the recipe Shreem, welcome option, keep up the good work y'all!

Mim you will get to that club! No worries!
Old 12-12-2012, 01:33 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

blush, i would not worry about what your friend told you. everyone is always happy to lend fearful advice to others. Especially when you are succeeding. Keep losing that weight. AT the end you can deal with it. Exercise is great for firming up the skin, and even if you have a little loose skin at the end (many times after a little while it firms up itself. it can still be firming up after a year.) i have several friends at the gym that lost over 100 pounds. those girls are relgiously working their programs, working out everyday and after many years of maintaining, they look like they were thin and tiny their entire lives. i think eating your lean protein is also very good for tightening skin on your body (and face too).
Old 12-12-2012, 05:09 AM   #77
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Well, I can't believe I ate the whole thing! I ate everything that was on my plate and had a roll and the dessert and some hershey kisses. And then I was right back on plan. I gained a pound but I'm not stressed. What I am stressed about though is that I ate the roll. Not because it was off plan but because I'm gluten sensitive and now I'm feeling it. The older I get the more sensitive I've become. And I know I can't eat a big roll and feel good. But, like the pound I gained, this too shall pass. I have another party Friday night but it is pot luck and I will stay close to plan.

I have never had luck with the re-feed theory. Mostly because because my weight gain from a whole day is 4 pounds usually. But one meal off is not so bad and I'm hoping that this will indeed hurry along the shedding of a few more pounds. However, I would prefer the tried and true just staying on plan every day, even though my losses have slowed way down!

I'm off to do laundry and then head to the office. Happy Wednesday!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:18 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

stay on plan, mim! have wonderful stillman/low carb days everyone!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:31 AM   #79
Junior LCF Member

Hi all

Very happy to say that i am down to 175 this morning! kinda shocked actually Especially since I went out last night and had a few drinks but I made sure they were not too carby. I guess i had about 1100 cals and under 20 carbs. Didn't get my workout in either... but the BEST part is 2 work pants fit me again today!!! DDD soooooo happy about that!!!!!! could almost cry lol.

Mim- I don't do well w/ refeeding either. Just makes me feel guilty. But one meal is not bad at all Good luck staying on plan!!

Have a great day everyone! xoxo

my menu:

B: 3 egg mcmuffins w/o bread (ugh still have to go shopping) coffee w/ a lil half n half
L: prob skip again just have a cheese stick or coffee
D: not sure. depends if i go to the gym or not.. if so- then maybe chicken and a small burger. if not, just chicken.

ps- just noticed that even though i aim to keep fats low, i always seem to get enough according to my nutritional tracking so i think its good to aim low since when i don't they end up being really high and stall me out. kinda interesting to observe how this all works. guess i have to "think" kinda extreme but things end up balancing themselves out in the end anyhow. not sure if that makes any sense... or maybe thats the Libra in me :P

Last edited by SkinnyNikki; 12-12-2012 at 05:34 AM..
Old 12-12-2012, 07:15 AM   #80
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: optionyout
Stalled out. Keeping it very strict so I'm a little surprised. 3 days and no change. Only 5 days left so I'm hopeful for a final drop to come. Unfortunately the 20 pound goal is not going to happen. I won't complain about 15 though. Lots of sacrifice. Basically I feel like I need to be a recluse to get through this.
optionyout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #81
Junior LCF Member

option- try some magnesium to get things moving along... works well. are you fully hydrated? maybe your body just needs a little rest. you are watching cals? I went up to like 1500 and stalled (but was having some alcohol too). but down around 1000 and im good.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

option, it gets easier. You should be proud of your accomplishments, not beating yourself up. No self loathing here !

Blush, it probably won't happen, I can't remember anyone over these last three uears on the boards having that problem.

Nikki, skipping meals when working out is not good for many reasons. It will stall you. And you need to add in some fat when excersizing. JMHO..........
Old 12-13-2012, 04:35 AM   #83
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! My Christmas party lunch pound has vanished. I was hoping it would take a friend with it, but no such luck. Oh well, maybe tomorrow!

I'm going to walk to the office this morning. I haven't been able to do that in a few days because of my schedule. I'm going to throw a chicken in the crock pot before I leave.

How are you all doing (for those who celebrate Christmas) with the Christmas preparations and parties and extra "stuff"? I have one more party, tomorrow night. There will be a dinner or two with friends next week but those are easy to stay on plan with as they are in restaurants. I need an idea for one more present. Some years I give my close friends (husband and wife) a joint gift. But this year I got her a scarf pin and now I'm stuck as to what to give him! Oh well, I'll think of something. I'm having more fun this season than I've had in some, because this season I'm on plan and feeling good. It really makes a difference! It doesn't matter that my scale is moving slowly. What matters is how I feel, which is terrific!

Happy Thursday!
Old 12-13-2012, 05:26 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Eeeeeeeeeek, walking in this weather ? It must be 20 outside here.

Mim, what do you throw in with the chicken ?

Ornaments are always a great gift for the I can't think of anything gift. Especially if the guy is a sports fan, team ornaments are all over.

Are they country ? Great John Deere gifts at Tractor Supply.

Working man ? Carhartt wool cap 4.99 at TJMaxx, it's the warmest cap you will ever own. Too cheap ? All Carhartt is 15% off at Tractor Supply.

Couch potato ? A funny tee shirt, holiday themed. I gave a nice one that had Snoopy on it with holiday lights with 'Season to Rock' on it.

And, of course, anything beer related........they make nice sampler 12 packs this time of year in the better craft beers.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:29 AM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Executive type? Fancy foreign car? Car wash gift booklets are great.

Redneck? Try a mason jar of Georgia Over the Moon white whiskey.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:31 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Struggling? Gas and grocery gift cards.

Diabetic? Sparkling cider in white and red, with some sugar free chocolates, or summer sausage and cheese; I do this one every year in a nice basket for my neighbors up the road.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:32 AM   #87
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

He is the intellectual, thoughtful type!
Old 12-13-2012, 05:36 AM   #88
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

CC - I was going to post some crock pot recipes for you but then I realized that I don't use recipes for crock pot chicken! I toss in whatever I have! So, the constant is chicken broth. Today I tossed in italian seasoning and garlic. Sometimes I use herbs de provence, and skip the garlic. If I have celery, I throw that in. It gives it a lovely flavor. I usually put basil in with the celery.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:37 AM   #89
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, and I will bundle up for the walk. It actually isn't the cold that is the problem. The problem I have in this weather is that I need to bundle up to get started, but then I start getting warm and then I get hot!
Old 12-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #90
Junior LCF Member

Morning all. Yes apparently yesterday was a fluke or something weird cuz i was back up to 176.6 today but i have a few theories why its bouncing around. i did a 1.5 hour workout was reallyyy thirsty drank a lott of water.. since my pants are fitting me so well i know i am shrinking and am really sore today too.. i also took before/during photos already and the change is REALLY noticable already.... so i think im building muscles after losing them on the dumb vegan diet :/ yay!

my menu:

B: 3 egg mcmuffins w/o the bread
L: maybe some chicken breast (trying not to skip lunch)
D: maybe hit up trader joes and get some fish..

CCGirl - I am eating fats and my cals are pretty good.. actually yesterday they were over 1500 which i think might be too high. Whenever i go so high i gain even w/ a workout. im doing more like atkins then Stillmans and really need to hit up the store but am so busy / never home :/ ill get there today for sure