Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
i'm eating lots of eggs. cheap and healthy.
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Cute kids, dogs & cats in Christmas gear...festive and fun. Love it!

Shreem, those eggs are also easy to cook, lol. Even when I get sick of eggs, I still use them as a quick go-to food, especially when I'm really hungry and want some "legal" food fast.

Lots of good menus people are posting...should be some good losses coming, I would think. Great goals...best wishes to everyone. Hope we all get our Christmas wishes on the weight loss!
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

CC, love the kitty pic too!! adorable.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:06 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Catne: you are so right that the eggs are easy. they are also very cheap. i'm taking boiled eggs to work everyday and my lunch costs close to nothing.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:53 AM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Blush
Stats: 194/179/125
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: December 1, 2012
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum but I've been lurking for quite a bit. I'm so excited to have finally joined! I've already started Stillman's.. I began December 1st and I've lost about two lbs.. But the last couple of days I haven't lost at all.. I actually went up a pound. So depressing. I'm determined not to cheat but this makes it so hard. It's only been six days and I'm dying for a big salad lol
Blush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:26 AM   #36
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I dropped a bit and I'm so excited! The scale hadn't budged in days and days! I have a breakfast and a dinner meeting today. Breakfast is easy but dinner at the joint we meet is harder. I get a salad with a piece of salmon on top. A bit more carb than usual but it is the best choice, and I do enjoy my salad once a month when we meet!

Blushwelcome! And congratulations on getting started! Post your menu and we can look at it to see if some tweaking might help. Your weight gain is probably just your body adjusting though and you will be losing again soon!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:03 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

yea, blush! welcome. it's going to be great for you to be eating stillmans. it's awesome and it works.

good job, mim. (by the way, i have always adored your marilyn photo--but didn't think about mentioning how cute it is until now.!!)
Old 12-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I'm keeping off the alcohol and away from the restaurants this week to see if I can have a loss! I like NOT gaining weight during the holiday season (which is the usual pattern...gaining 10 lb between Thanksgiving & New Years). But I would also like to actually lose even a little bit, as a reward for all this hard work. Speaking of hard work...I started an exercise program and have managed to do it 11 days in a row (think that's a record for me) It's a low-key moderate workout, walking, and exercise bike...about 25 minutes total per day right now...gradually adding minutes on the walking & biking. I have to go very slow due to the COPD, but I can already feel a difference in how my body feels. My COPD buddies tell me this is the best thing I can do for myself so that helps the determination to keep it up.

Yay MIM! Love seeing that scale move...really sets the tone for the day, doesn't it?

Bratty, meant to say glad to see you back...and awesome kick-start to the losing mode. December is hard month to lose with all the temptations & social occasions...has to feel good to lose some and start the month out well.

Hi Blush, and 2 lbs in 5 days is really not too shabby...you'd lose 12 lbs a month at that rate! Wouldn't worry too much about the bounce, could very well be a temporary hang-onto-the-water day.

Skinnynikki--I drink LOTS of coffee...probably a pot a day (60 oz) and have never felt it stalled me at all. I could not get by without my coffee either! When I did Atkins, of course I used way too much heavy cream (CALORIES!) so now to get around the lack of cream I use the flavored coffees like hazelnut or french vanilla. On weekends I do a "treat" coffee with 1/2 & 1/2 and sugar free syrup (making my own fancy latte)

Need2lose30...your menu looks good. As for the protein shakes, some people have used them and did fine...definitely an individual thing. I would say if you want to use them, try them for a few days and see if your weight loss continues.

Good morning to everyone else...hope you're having a great week!

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 12-06-2012 at 08:05 AM..
Old 12-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyNikki
Stats: 198.5/192/130
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept 2012
Hi all!! and woohoo! day 2 of Stillmans, down another 2lbs =)) for 3 lbs in 2 days. Im sure some of which is water- but i am going to the gym daily as well. loving this SOOO much!!

Menu today:
B: "office scramble" (microwave egg whites + 1 yoke and some seasonings)
snacks: coffee and a touch of half n half (so far isn't stalling me)
L: 1 can tuna, hot sauce
D: going to meet a friend... haven't decided yet what to order. maybe share wings and i will remove all fat or have a beef patty. keepin it simple tho =)

how is everyone else doing? looks like everyone is doing really well!

catne - hi there, and thats great to know about coffee. I am doing 1-2 regulars and a few decaf and teas a day. do you drink it black ? (sorry if you already mentioned)..

Did i mention the blueberry ice cream drink yesterday? can't recall... its really good! I take Yogi green tea blueberry Slim Life and add just a touch of half n half and stevia. mmmmmmmmm blueberry ice cream! =)

Need2lose30 - how are you doing?? Hope we can meet our goals for the month! If I keep losing 1-2lb a day, that would be miraculous. I lost 20lbs on a 30 day juice fast, but it was quickly gained back as its not sustainable to just drink liquids, and im not sure if its healthy either for soo long. If i could be in the 150's again tho i would be one happyyy chica.

Have a wonderful day all!

ps- decided to make my new goal: 159 by first week of January or at least by the time my "man" (boyfriend i guess gets back from Germany in early January. I guess maybe 4 cheats will be allowed, which will be atkins and maybe a little alcohol. guessing that can stall me about 5lbs. so if i lose 1lb/day, 30 lbs - 5 = 25. SO hoping i can do that. But of course i will take what ever i can get ~ aimin high tho! xo

Last edited by SkinnyNikki; 12-06-2012 at 09:03 AM..
SkinnyNikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Hey again all- this may be TMI but ive been suffering w/ bathroom problems (diarrhea specifically) after i eat, its not all day or anything. but is this just my bodys way of adjusting? Im taking magnesium at night. And Maca root powder. But it just seems now to happen each time after i eat. like i said its not out of control like when you are sick or have food poisoning. sorryyyy tmi but thanks for any advice on this lol. :x

ps just wanted to add something i found on a paleo site
"It is normal to experience diarrhea in the beginning, as part of the set of symptoms that people refer to as low carb flu. Diarrhea was my main symptom too. The probable cause is that your gut is unloading large amounts of bacteria. Your pre-paleo gut flora are not equipped to break down all of the fat and meat. When the situation is bad enough, your gut's strategy is to attempt a 'dump' to give the flora that thrive on meat and fat a chance to populate. It'll get better. Eat fermented foods in the meantime - yogurt, kefir, kimchee, pickles, sauerkraut, etc" - i would put a link to it but im not sure if its allowed. I guess its from going from one extreme (higher carbs/fats - to lower carbs/fats?)

Last edited by SkinnyNikki; 12-06-2012 at 10:28 AM..
Old 12-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! I dropped a bit and I'm so excited! The scale hadn't budged in days and days! I have a breakfast and a dinner meeting today. Breakfast is easy but dinner at the joint we meet is harder. I get a salad with a piece of salmon on top. A bit more carb than usual but it is the best choice, and I do enjoy my salad once a month when we meet!

Blushwelcome! And congratulations on getting started! Post your menu and we can look at it to see if some tweaking might help. Your weight gain is probably just your body adjusting though and you will be losing again soon!
I'm so jealous of your salad! Lol. I actually got on the scale this morning at 177 which is what I was the other day.. But it's not 178 so I'm happy and don't feel tempted to eat bad things for the day

My menu isn't varied much at all! I eat lots and lots of hard boiled egg whites(hate the texture of the yolks ) and turkey burgers with mustard. I absolutely hate plain chicken with a passion so I still haven't touched it. Lol. I also cut out the artificial sweeteners, the crystal light and sugar free jello. I think I should probably cut out mustard too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
yea, blush! welcome. it's going to be great for you to be eating stillmans. it's awesome and it works.

good job, mim. (by the way, i have always adored your marilyn photo--but didn't think about mentioning how cute it is until now.!!)
Thank you so much for the welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Well, I'm keeping off the alcohol and away from the restaurants this week to see if I can have a loss! I like NOT gaining weight during the holiday season (which is the usual pattern...gaining 10 lb between Thanksgiving & New Years). But I would also like to actually lose even a little bit, as a reward for all this hard work. Speaking of hard work...I started an exercise program and have managed to do it 11 days in a row (think that's a record for me) It's a low-key moderate workout, walking, and exercise bike...about 25 minutes total per day right now...gradually adding minutes on the walking & biking. I have to go very slow due to the COPD, but I can already feel a difference in how my body feels. My COPD buddies tell me this is the best thing I can do for myself so that helps the determination to keep it up.

Yay MIM! Love seeing that scale move...really sets the tone for the day, doesn't it?

Bratty, meant to say glad to see you back...and awesome kick-start to the losing mode. December is hard month to lose with all the temptations & social occasions...has to feel good to lose some and start the month out well.

Hi Blush, and 2 lbs in 5 days is really not too shabby...you'd lose 12 lbs a month at that rate! Wouldn't worry too much about the bounce, could very well be a temporary hang-onto-the-water day.

Skinnynikki--I drink LOTS of coffee...probably a pot a day (60 oz) and have never felt it stalled me at all. I could not get by without my coffee either! When I did Atkins, of course I used way too much heavy cream (CALORIES!) so now to get around the lack of cream I use the flavored coffees like hazelnut or french vanilla. On weekends I do a "treat" coffee with 1/2 & 1/2 and sugar free syrup (making my own fancy latte)

Need2lose30...your menu looks good. As for the protein shakes, some people have used them and did fine...definitely an individual thing. I would say if you want to use them, try them for a few days and see if your weight loss continues.

Good morning to everyone else...hope you're having a great week!
Thank you for the welcome, too! I think it's great that you're incorporating exercise into your schedule.. I think I'll start doing that too.. As soon as the giant tattoo on my leg heals up.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
I am still doing great. Just going day to day. I want to be at 180 by May for my 5K. I am really excited to do it and I do NOT want to be the fat chick there. I am sick of being the fat chick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blush View Post
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum but I've been lurking for quite a bit.
Welcome! Cograts on the loss you have had. Your body will have to make some adjustments. Make sure you are getting a lot of fluids in and watvching salt intake. That will mess the scale up too.
Quote:
Good morning! I dropped a bit and I'm so excited!
For the scale moving! Enjoy the salad. I have salad envy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Sounds like you are doing great. Way to go with the bike riding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyNikki View Post
Hey again all- this may be TMI but ive been suffering w/ bathroom problems (diarrhea specifically) after i eat, its not all day or anything. but is this just my bodys way of adjusting? Im taking magnesium at night. And Maca root powder. But it just seems now to happen each time after i eat. like i said its not out of control like when you are sick or have food poisoning. sorryyyy tmi but thanks for any advice on this lol. :x
It happens to me if my fat is high or if I take too much Magnesium. I can take about 300 mg and be ok. Anything over that and I live in the bathroom.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

everyone is so excited and doing so well. i'm so happy for everyone here. bratty, you can get it off! one day at a time, keep making the right choices and you will get there. stay positive and just keep telling yourself you are skinny and beautiful--it will happen.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

ps just wanted to add something i found on a paleo site
"It is normal to experience diarrhea in the beginning, as part of the set of symptoms that people refer to as low carb flu. Diarrhea was my main symptom too. The probable cause is that your gut is unloading large amounts of bacteria. Your pre-paleo gut flora are not equipped to break down all of the fat and meat. When the situation is bad enough, your gut's strategy is to attempt a 'dump' to give the flora that thrive on meat and fat a chance to populate. It'll get better. Eat fermented foods in the meantime - yogurt, kefir, kimchee, pickles, sauerkraut, etc" - i would put a link to it but im not sure if its allowed. I guess its from going from one extreme (higher carbs/fats - to lower carbs/fats?)
I get this every so often (by coincidence, have it tonight in fact)

It's not illness-like at all when I get it...just shall we say, extremely loose...but no stomach-ache, no cramps or ill-feelings like when it's stomach flu. I figure it's just a big clean-out of the "plumbing" going on. Previous times this has happened it lasted 12-36 hours, and then back to normal (which is not loose for me.) The down-side is can't be far from the bathroom for awhile...the up-side: usually signals a break to a stall for me and several very good loss days

I do drink lots of extra water when it happens though, so as not to get dehydrated.

I also eat fat-free greek yogurt (the good kind like Fage or Chobani...high protein, and no flavoring or sugar added kind.) I sweeten/flavor it at home with Torani or Da Vinci sugar free syrups. My doc advised that I need to have dairy for the calcium due to some meds I'm on are the kind that are hard on bones. The bonus is I do get the good gut bacteria from the daily greek yogurt, so I think that helps when I get the "clean outs"
Old 12-07-2012, 03:35 AM   #45
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I may need to start that Greek yoghurt (which I love) because I, too, need calcium, but I also need to eat it 4 hours away from my thyroid meds. And since I have to break up my T3 throughout the day, I'd be eating the yoghurt at bedtime--which might not be a bad thing.

It would help with the calcium, but I also hope it might help me to 'move' because I have the opposite problem--chronic constipation.

This week, I'll start the yoghurt and see if that helps the 'situation.'
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:49 AM   #46
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Friday morning! I'm down another half pound! The scale has been steadily moving in the right direction! And I even ate out last night! But I had grilled salmon over spinach. I'm very pleased and excited that I'm losing again!

I can't eat yogurt - even unsweetened Greek stalls me. I love it and will be something I consume once I get into maintenance.

I have digestive problems and started taking a probiotic. It works wonders to keep me regular and to take care of some of the other gut issues. I also take magnesium.

Have a great Friday!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:19 AM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Good morning all! Very happy to say down another lb! wow! 176.5 for a new all time low for me. gosh this is great and i feel wonderful and am even able to workout. I feel a tad tired today just b/c i am stressed over the crazy weekend plans. my BF is leaving to go to Germany for a month but my goal is to be super sexy for him when he gets back! (and of course for myself, and to fit in all my cute clothes again!) I actually feel like i can do this! what a neat feeling =) im just paranoid about the weekend.. since im eating out tonight but the menu is REALLY atkins friendly so ill do that and just relax since its my last night w/ my cutie for awhile.

catne - thanks i didn't take magnesium last night and today things are back to "normal" shall we say lol. and i think its when i dont eat enough fat oddly that this seems to happen to me. So, since im still losing really fast i am eating a tiny bit of cheese and mayo w/ my tuna etc.. just so there is some fat in there. seems to be working! I am figuring this all out. I am just SO elated that its working so well. I have been really down almost this whole year about my weight. I guess i just needed some serious motivation, which i have now, and support, which i have found here!

super busy day at work but i hope to say hello to you all individually soon! have a great weekend all <3

my menu:

bfast: 2 egg yolks, 4 egg whites w/ tiny bit of parmesan
lunch: will be tuna w/ a T of veganase (sp) and hot sauce
tea, coffee etc all day.
dinner: going to a castle! atkins cheat-ish meal and a little wine.

tomorrow: have NO idea =/ will be at my BF's house. maybe he will make me his yummy scrambled eggs and bacon. But the rest of the day i will try to be good. its SO hard on the weekends when i go out and have a life / plans. I really dont want to slow my awesome progress. will try to eat not too much if its off plan and workout if / when possible.

Have a great weekend all! xoxo
Old 12-07-2012, 07:29 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
I may need to start that Greek yoghurt (which I love) because I, too, need calcium'...This week, I'll start the yoghurt and see if that helps the 'situation.'
Good luck with the yogurt, Leo41...I also take the thyroid meds, but only once a day (and I take mine in the middle of the night so don't have to worry about the 4 hours away.) My COPD meds can also cause the constipation, so the yogurt and taking magnesium seems to keep things moving for me.

Quote:
Good Friday morning! I'm down another half pound! The scale has been steadily moving in the right direction! ...Have a great Friday!
Awesome Mim...so glad you're having good success lately.

Quote:
Good morning all! Very happy to say down another lb! wow! 176.5 for a new all time low for me. gosh this is great and i feel wonderful and am even able to workout...

Have a great weekend all! xoxo
SkinnyNikki...Fabulous progress...don't you just love the super-kick-start Stillman's gives to the weight loss plan! With such good success, it kind of "feeds" itself...makes the choice to stay on-plan that much easier when you know eating off-plan will put the brakes on that delightful weight loss. Even if the loss slows down, it's still steady and dependable! You mention being tired...are you taking multi-vitamin? I find I feel much better taking supplements to cover any nutrients that might be missing on this way of eating.

And you asked if I drink my coffee black...sometimes. But about every other cup I use 1/2 & 1/2. Used to consume a lot of heavy whipping cream, but switched to 1/2 & 1/2 to cut the fat. When I first started Stillman's I went completely black coffee...but once the doc told me I really, really needed some dairy I started on the 1/2 & 1/2 in my coffee.

The dairy has definitely slowed my losses down, but I'm still losing (not lb. a day, though...more like 1-2 lbs a week. I have a lot going against me, though...including medications that have weight gain as a side effect! But I'll take the slow & steady loss...that's way better than gaining...or maintaining fat!)

Last edited by catne; 12-07-2012 at 07:32 AM..
Old 12-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
drive by.........nice to see everyone doing well........hungry, only some turkey legs in the MRE cupboard, they will have to do.........
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

I thought I checked in today but I didn't... So, checking in! Still on plan. No struggling at this point. making this a quick one. I am going to sneak into the bath while my kids are entertained by the Wii.

Quote:
Good Friday morning! I'm down another half pound! The scale has been steadily moving in the right direction! And I even ate out last night! But I had grilled salmon over spinach. I'm very pleased and excited that I'm losing again!
Go Mim! Happy to see your scale is moving for you.
Quote:
Good morning all! Very happy to say down another lb! wow! 176.5 for a new all time low for me.
Congrats on the loss and your new low! Use to motivate you when you are struggling.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Hey there everyone! I'm happy today! Jumped on the scale and it was at 175! So glad it went down because I've been so strict. I've also kind of made myself feel better by thinking I'm not REALLY 175.. Because I have 3lbs of extra junk in my body from a recent surgery. Haha, I guess I'm just being a little silly
Old 12-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Go Blush ! LOL do you mean implants ? Dem babies must be huuuuuuuuuge
Old 12-08-2012, 04:23 AM   #53
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Saturday morning! I went out to dinner with some friends last night, had a salad with grilled chicken on it and woke up to a pound gain! Grrrrrrrrrrr - I know it is normal, but still - grrrrrrrrrrrrr. It will be gone tomorrow. And I'm not going to sweat it. I will continue to do the best I can! Most of the time I am alone and on plan. When I get the chance to go out with friends, I'll do the best I can and not worry.

I'm going to finish up the wrapping and walk to the office to finish up something for one of the committees. And I'll be on plan! Happy Saturday!
Old 12-08-2012, 06:19 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mim, there was probably a lot of salt if the chicken was 'seasoned'.........don't sweat the small stuff and have a great day.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

I weighed today. I am going to be moving my weigh in days to Friday so this was close enough for this week. I have lost 5 pounds since Tuesday. Not bad for week 2. I want to be super excited but until I get back closer to 200 (where I was!) I just feel like I am running in circles. I guess this is what you get when you lose the same 25 pounds for 5 years. I am happy I am on plan and feel great. I will just be ecstatic to get out of the 200s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blush View Post
Hey there everyone! I'm happy today! Jumped on the scale and it was at 175! So glad it went down because I've been so strict. I've also kind of made myself feel better by thinking I'm not REALLY 175.. Because I have 3lbs of extra junk in my body from a recent surgery. Haha, I guess I'm just being a little silly
Way to go!

Quote:
Good Saturday morning! I went out to dinner with some friends last night, had a salad with grilled chicken on it and woke up to a pound gain! Grrrrrrrrrrr - I know it is normal, but still - grrrrrrrrrrrrr. It will be gone tomorrow. And I'm not going to sweat it. I will continue to do the best I can! Most of the time I am alone and on plan. When I get the chance to go out with friends, I'll do the best I can and not worry.

I'm going to finish up the wrapping and walk to the office to finish up something for one of the committees. And I'll be on plan! Happy Saturday!
Yeah, what CC said. Probably a lot of sodium. Enjoy your time with friends. Don't worry about it. Have a great day!
Old 12-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

go Bratty that's the spirit !
Old 12-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

needing crockpot chicken breast recipes.......post away please !
Old 12-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
needing crockpot chicken breast recipes.......post away please !
sorry...every crockpot recipe I have calls for things like canned cream of mushroom soup & rice NOT Low Carb friendly stuff at all.

Hope somebody else has some LC versions...I'd love some recipes myself.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:23 AM   #59
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Sunday morning! That pesky pound went away. Hopefully by Tuesday's weigh in I'll lose another! I'm just driving by this morning - later today I'll share some recipes!

Happy Sunday!
Old 12-09-2012, 03:43 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

bratty, way to go on the 5 pounds. excellent.