Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Stillmans quick weight loss diet

Just skimming through the book tonight and it appears that we don't count anything on this program. Do the lean meat and eggs fill you up, or do you feel you need to eat often throughout the day? Thanks
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
hi Jeanie...you might want to post on the monthly thread; you'll get the most responses there. Here's the link Stillman's November Giving Thanks for Pounds Falling Off--more meat, less you!!!

Anyway, to answer your question...after the first couple of days the hunger goes away. Contrary to what you read on the main board, you do not "need" high-fat to lose the appetite...it actually occurs on just about any very low carb diet.

The biggest issue we run into (hubby & I diet together) is sheer boredom....when you're not eating fatty meats, and virtually no vegetables and no dairy. Well, needless to say, chicken breast, tilapia, and turkey burgers get boring. We usually have an off-plan about once a week (off-plan meaning off-Stillman's...what we'll have is totally Atkins-legal foods...like high fat steak, big salad, cream in the coffee. Then we'll go back on Stillman's)

However..the plan IS easy to follow since there's not much variety, there's also not a whole lot of thought to preparation (no sauces, etc.) And the continued losses are not boring. So if you can stick with it, it works well.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Thank you Cathy.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Scarlet_Belle
Stats: 176.4/172.4/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2011
This forum wouldn't be so dead if people weren't completely discouraged from posting, making new threads, or continuing old discussions.

I don't get it. I thought the forum was meant for everybody who wants to participate, and should be easy to search and find information. It doesn't even make sense to ask a specific Stillman's questions in one thread that may have hundreds of replies. If other people have the same question they wouldn't search for the answer on page 10 of a food journal.
Scarlet_Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #5
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Actually, the system works quite well, and since we don't have hundreds of posts, the support and answers are typically rolled into the main thread. We do try to pick up on specific questions that appear outside the monthly discussion. You are welcome to give the November thread a try!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Belle View Post
This forum wouldn't be so dead if people weren't completely discouraged from posting, making new threads, or continuing old discussions.

I don't get it. I thought the forum was meant for everybody who wants to participate, and should be easy to search and find information. It doesn't even make sense to ask a specific Stillman's questions in one thread that may have hundreds of replies. If other people have the same question they wouldn't search for the answer on page 10 of a food journal.
Wow. Having a bad day? Really don't understand this post. This forum (Stillman's) is not "dead"...it's slow, yes. But I think the lower number of posts is because there's not that many low-carbers who try to follow Stillman's since it is more restricted than most people want...usually the people who "stick" to this thread also "stick" to Stillman's. Some try Stillman's occasionally to break a stall, and may come onto this thread to refresh their Stillman's info. But if you check the posting history, many of those who don't come back either have moved to a different way of eating, like standard ATkins or JUDDD, or have quit posting on the low carb friends forum completely.

No one has been discouraged from posting! As you can see, I both answered the actual question, AND invited Jeannie to join us on the main thread. And if you went to the main thread, you can see that others picked up the question and answered, too. If you scroll back through, that is the pattern on most of the Stillman's threads...there is a little discussion of the actual question/thread topic, with suggestions/answers of the question posted...AND the person is invited to join the main discussion thread for the month.

I don't think that is discouraging posting at all.
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Scarlet_Belle
Stats: 176.4/172.4/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2011
I started a new diet catne, I wasn't having a bad day at all. I think that you are just bossy and always micro-managing people, it doesn't break a rule to ask a question or post in an old thread. Maybe the Stillman's forum isn't as friendly as it could be so that's why people are leaving. Others have remarked that it is even slower than it was before.

Or maybe you don't have an active forum because you only want one thread. Thank you for the invitation but I don't want to read 5 pages about someone's vacation, what their son or daughter did at school, or see pictures of their many cats in order to find information about Stillman's.
Scarlet_Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pschnz
Stats: 218/140
WOE: Low Carb/Glycemic or the Stillman plan works best.
Start Date: Off and On
Stillman Diet Return

Glad that I have found a Stillman Diet area. I have used this diet and have been pleased with the results. It has been some time and I need to return to it. With each week I have more energy and feel better, especially as the weight goes down. To those who are beginning this program it can seem limiting but I almost seem to crave more protein. I love steaks and Lamb Chops grilled on the Foreman, roasted chicken and sliced roasts both hot and cold for snacks. Cottage cheese and also scrambled eggs, shrimp cocktails, baked fish are selections. Coffee black, lots of water and occasional diet/no carb soda complete my choices. The idea of this diet is to begin to add small portions of vegetable, etc.(test glucose if hypo or diabetic). The longest I have been on this diet was 4 weeks at a time. My problem is getting together with friends or social organizations and the temptations of selections with them. But this would be true with just about any diet plan. Looking forward to your support with this diet as well as suggestions to you.

Pschnz
Pschnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SrfrGirl
Stats: Goal: 125 lbs.
WOE: Stillman's & Zero Carb
Start Date: 5/20/12 restart 12/23/12
Pschnz go here for the new thread.

https://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/s...ry-2013-a.html

Join in. It sounds like you know alot about this diet and we need your imput, support, & friendship.

Catne and Mim are with us here, as well as some other great friends (CC-Girl, Rosbud, Hoops, Shreem, Bratty, & Me and others!) you will just adore!

You will feel like family. No judgments, and if you relvove (a lot of us do) diets to Atkins, zero carb or backslide, have a drink out now and then, you have support here! We understand. You can be as strict or as liberal as you want. Welcome with open arms. We care and support each other no matter what. Some of us are fighting cancer, some of us have arthritis, some just want to lose a few lbs and have fun with great companions.

Last edited by SrfrGirl; 01-02-2013 at 10:27 PM..
SrfrGirl is offline   Reply With Quote