Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   Doing this for a baby - let's see how much I can lose before Christmas! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/789817-doing-baby-lets-see-how-much-i-can-lose-before-christmas.html)

ReAlly 11-22-2012 04:41 AM

Doing this for a baby - let's see how much I can lose before Christmas!

Hi everyone

I'm 29, about 245 pounds and trying to have a baby. I need to get this weight down ASAP for my dream to come true.

The irony is that it's not my weight holding us back... my husband's swimmers need some help... At the same time, I need to be as healthy as I can so the baby can be healthy.

I lost 77 pounds 3 or 4 years ago, however the weight returned very rapidly and now I have pre-diabetes and PCOS. Or maybe it's the other way around: have pre-diabetes and PCOS, so the weight returned very rapidly.

Either way, I'm ready. I will alternate between Quick Weight Loss and 14-Day Shape Up.

I'm ready to be pregnant.
I'm ready to experience the mental clarity again.
I'm ready to feel the low-carb calmness and emotional stability.
I'm ready to start living again, instead of being too embarrassed to see friends and family because they look at me with such pity in their eyes.
I'm ready to be the change and inspire others.
I'm ready to be me.

Is anyone else looking at seeing how many pounds they can drop before Christmas? We can even continue on and start the new year as happier, healthier versons of ourselves.

Mim 11-22-2012 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReAlly (Post 16093725)
Hi everyone

I'm 29, about 245 pounds and trying to have a baby. I need to get this weight down ASAP for my dream to come true.

The irony is that it's not my weight holding us back... my husband's swimmers need some help... At the same time, I need to be as healthy as I can so the baby can be healthy.

I lost 77 pounds 3 or 4 years ago, however the weight returned very rapidly and now I have pre-diabetes and PCOS. Or maybe it's the other way around: have pre-diabetes and PCOS, so the weight returned very rapidly.

Either way, I'm ready. I will alternate between Quick Weight Loss and 14-Day Shape Up.

I'm ready to be pregnant.
I'm ready to experience the mental clarity again.
I'm ready to feel the low-carb calmness and emotional stability.
I'm ready to start living again, instead of being too embarrassed to see friends and family because they look at me with such pity in their eyes.
I'm ready to be the change and inspire others.
I'm ready to be me.

Is anyone else looking at seeing how many pounds they can drop before Christmas? We can even continue on and start the new year as happier, healthier versons of ourselves.

Happy Thanksgiving! You have great motivation which will make staying on plan easier. And being on a low carb diet is great for those wishing to become pregnant. We have a monthly thread where most everyone posts. You might want to join us there.

Scarlet_Belle 11-28-2012 05:39 PM

I am trying to lose 10 lbs by Christmas. I would suggest setting a fat loss goal like 10 lbs or 15 lbs and then tell all your friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers about your ambitions, then you'll want to succeed even more. Good luck!