Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   Stillman's November Giving Thanks for Pounds Falling Off--more meat, less you!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/788150-stillmans-november-giving-thanks-pounds-falling-off-more-meat-less-you.html)

CCGirl 11-01-2012 05:08 AM

Stillman's November Giving Thanks for Pounds Falling Off--more meat, less you!!!
 
Join the conversation at the QWL carnivore table ! :eggs:

catne 11-01-2012 06:50 AM

Happy NOVEMBER.

Cannot believe we are already to November, with the holiday season bearing down on us. We only have 8 more days in Florida, before we head back to Nebraska for November-December holiday season. Fall has flown by.

NOT ready:cry:

On the upside, holding on to the -60 loss...I did not bounce up, as is the usual pattern (often I "overnight" hit a new low by a couple of lbs., then spend a week bouncing up & down a few ounces until settling into the newer low weight. That did not happen this time...3rd day in a row at the -60 level, actually a little more than -60 lost, holding 2 days now at -62.2.)

HOWEVER...rough days ahead:eek:

Son & DIL are arriving late this afternoon for 5 days with us in sunny Florida. Really looking forward to it (our first guests in new condo) BUT we're going to dinner and a comedy show tomorrow night; then to a huge Art Fair on Saturday, followed by Disney World late afternoon Saturday (spending 2 days visiting The Mouse.) I suspect I'll get that bounce up this week! Just glad I hit new lows before the temptations hit, On plan today...think I will be able to stay totally on plan until dinner tomorrow night (and maybe that will be on-plan too, depending on what is available at the restaurant we're celebrating their birthdays at.) Mostly, I'm going for the one-meal-at-a-time plan during this visit...figuring every additional meal I can swing as on-plan, then the less bounce-up I'll have.

Saturday...Sunday...Monday. Off plan. We'll be traveling, have reservations at some good restaurants in Disney World. I won't go carb-crazy, but I am not going to purposely restrict to just low carb. If there's something very special, I'll probably go for it.

Because I know how to lose it!:clap:

Hope everyone else is hanging in there...you people doing the 3 week challenge, come on over and tell us your results. Would love to hear how it worked. I'm thinking I will NEED a 3 week challenge for that time between Thanksgiving & Christmas so I can end this year with a great big drumroll-please-TA DA!:up:

CCGirl 11-01-2012 08:17 AM

cool post, Cat.

off to the airport, will be in SoFL tonight. Happy Day all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mim 11-01-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCGirl (Post 16051442)
cool post, Cat.

off to the airport, will be in SoFL tonight. Happy Day all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Traveling Mercies!

Mim 11-01-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catne (Post 16051166)
Happy NOVEMBER.

Cannot believe we are already to November, with the holiday season bearing down on us. We only have 8 more days in Florida, before we head back to Nebraska for November-December holiday season. Fall has flown by.

NOT ready:cry:

On the upside, holding on to the -60 loss...I did not bounce up, as is the usual pattern (often I "overnight" hit a new low by a couple of lbs., then spend a week bouncing up & down a few ounces until settling into the newer low weight. That did not happen this time...3rd day in a row at the -60 level, actually a little more than -60 lost, holding 2 days now at -62.2.)

HOWEVER...rough days ahead:eek:

Son & DIL are arriving late this afternoon for 5 days with us in sunny Florida. Really looking forward to it (our first guests in new condo) BUT we're going to dinner and a comedy show tomorrow night; then to a huge Art Fair on Saturday, followed by Disney World late afternoon Saturday (spending 2 days visiting The Mouse.) I suspect I'll get that bounce up this week! Just glad I hit new lows before the temptations hit, On plan today...think I will be able to stay totally on plan until dinner tomorrow night (and maybe that will be on-plan too, depending on what is available at the restaurant we're celebrating their birthdays at.) Mostly, I'm going for the one-meal-at-a-time plan during this visit...figuring every additional meal I can swing as on-plan, then the less bounce-up I'll have.

Saturday...Sunday...Monday. Off plan. We'll be traveling, have reservations at some good restaurants in Disney World. I won't go carb-crazy, but I am not going to purposely restrict to just low carb. If there's something very special, I'll probably go for it.

Because I know how to lose it!:clap:

Hope everyone else is hanging in there...you people doing the 3 week challenge, come on over and tell us your results. Would love to hear how it worked. I'm thinking I will NEED a 3 week challenge for that time between Thanksgiving & Christmas so I can end this year with a great big drumroll-please-TA DA!:up:


Which restaurants in Disney? We ate with Winnie. The food was marvelous. That was the only restaurant we were in. But we did Epcot international food and wine and beer two days.

zenpeacock 11-01-2012 10:58 AM

Wow, it's November ALREADY? :stars: Time flies when you're having fun!

It's been a while since I've posted, figured I'd check in. Looks like everyone is doing so good! Keep up all the good work :clap: You are all so impressive and inspirational!

I went to my niece's wedding this past weekend - it was a 3 day affair of food and drinks and family and laughs. I have to say, I did OK. My weight went up 1.5 by Sunday, but now I'm back down to a solid 185. So, I guess I didn't do to bad.

For the first few non-Stills meals I ate VLC but higher in fat and calories than Stillman's. I stuck to salad bar and chicken wings before the wedding, then I enjoyed myself and went totally off plan at the reception. I was glad to report I didn't go crazy, I got full really fast, so I didn't eat nearly as much as I would've if I hadn't done Stillmans for the weeks prior. The day after the wedding we were exhausted and picked up some Indian Takeout with Naan and rice - and I enjoyed that. But again, I couldn't eat like I have in the past, got full fast.

Monday I got back on the wagon, water and chicken and turkey and vitamins. Now only a little over 1 month before my wedding - whoa! :o I'm not nearly ready! ONE good thing to report is my size 14s are so loose I can pull them off without unbuttoning them. I put on my 12s last night and got them up and buttoned. They don't look really good, so I'll wait a bit to wear them - but WOW! - I never thought It's be SO EASY to go down 2 sizes so quickly!

I totally :heart: Stillman's!

lotus33 11-01-2012 11:41 AM

:hiya:

Was looking for something to jump start my diet. I forgot about this one! Going to give it a try!

Are you guys just doing QWL version?

BrattyS 11-01-2012 03:52 PM

I have been off for a few days. Naughty me! Hurricane Sandy and Halloween were a bad combo.
I am back on tomorrow!

I did meet my goal of 10 pounds lost in October so that makes me happy.
I look forward to losing at least that in November!

Shreem 11-01-2012 05:56 PM

made the switch. all meat day. chicken for breakfast, turkey for lunch, tuna salad for afternoon snack, turkey for dinner and a little chicken.

(feel a little headachy tonight, but that's probably a little of getting the vegetarians stuff out of my system and not being used to meat for a while now.
also lots of pressure at work, as the hurricane has added some very large challenges).

Mar922 11-01-2012 07:14 PM

My egg muffins are just egg and canadian bacon in a muffin tin with a pinch of cheese, I have made them with veggies and goat cheese before too very good! I have also made them with regular bacon but because I like my bacon crispy I didn't like those ones because they were too rubbery,so I tried to bake the bacon then add the egg when the bacon was pre crisped but they still ended up with soggy bacon but it was better then just everything added raw!

I put them in the oven and it cooks 12 eggs at a time so with my bf stealing them every morning (I now know how tanya felt when her husband would eat her stills food) they last me about a week. This time I decided to just leave the eggs whole in them instead of mixing them first and I don't like them this way too yolky and I hate yolks if they aren't mixed in!

Mar922 11-01-2012 07:49 PM

the 3 week challenge really helped me get back to my old way of eating where the carbs I have come from veggies, I don't eat fruit because I am allergic to so many different ones but I am sure I would eat them too if I could. I don't even really like the way I feel when I eat carbs from things like bread and pasta and I never have either in my house... to me that just goes to show how addictive they really are when I maintain on my way of eating and a few parties or outings or too many meals out and suddenly I am eating all this crap I don't even like.

ok rant over!

I don't want to maintain at this weight so I will be jumping back on stills to lose the last 10 pounds and hopefully get to 145 and hopefully maintain that through the xmas season, last year xmas I gained 10 and never managed to lose it and even gained about 15 more :doh:

Our anniversary is at the end of the month and it would be nice to wear some of my nice clothes when we go out instead of the same old jeans. Actually same with the xmas parties I will have to go to I don't want to have to worry about buying new stuff( although I am sure I will) when I have perfectly good stuff that I can't fit... well now I can squeeze into them but that doesn't look good, just cuz it zips don't mean it fits!

catne 11-01-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mim (Post 16051614)
Which restaurants in Disney? We ate with Winnie. The food was marvelous. That was the only restaurant we were in. But we did Epcot international food and wine and beer two days.

We love Crystal Palace (with Winnie the Pooh & Friends) ...have had breakfast,lunch and dinner there on various trips, and it's always been very good.

This trip we'll be at Boma (the african buffet at Animal Kingdom Lodge), also Hollywood Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios, and to celebrate son & daughter-in-law's birthdays we're eating dinner in the Castle in Magic Kingdom on Monday before we leave.

My hubby & I have been to all 3 of those before, but son & DIL have not...so it'll be new to them.

We've been to almost all of the restaurants at Disney World.(probably one of my weight problems: despite the magic of the place, the calories are very real. No pixie dust diet there, lol) Main reason we're over there a lot (besides the fact I love Disney World) is because we live down here about 1/3 of the year, so we have a lot of houseguests and go over for a lot of weekend trips with guests...different guests have different tastes so we have tried most of the places there both in the parks & at the hotels. It's fun to have so many choices in a relatively close area.

Shreem 11-02-2012 01:44 AM

alright, everyone is jumping right into November with great success!!

after all meat yesterday, what a headache I have today. will continue on with this though and see the comparison in how i feel. one think i do know already, is that with vegan-my brain felt different. I like a really sharp brain and that shows up with lots of protein. with the vegan/vegetarian, i the way my body feels a little better. perhaps going back and forth between the two (and i did see dr stillman suggested this as a an option) is a balance.

Mim 11-02-2012 03:23 AM

Good morning. I am having a really hard time staying on plan. Bits of my life have gone wonky and my eating is part of it. My dd and family have moved, I'm looking for a new call and interview in Michigan next week, I am not going to be able to be with my grand girls until Christmas afternoon, and I've let my housework get ahead of me. And that is just the short list! So, today I'm going to clean up the kitchen, and after work I'll go to dd's to do laundry and pack up some things she wants me to bring her, and start working on getting organized again. I am not going to spiral down and gain the weight back.

blondiegirl 11-02-2012 03:24 AM

Wah, I haven't lost anything in a week. This always happens to me; I lose weight, get excited and then my body decides to screw me over by keeping me at the same weight.

:dunno:

catne 11-02-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondiegirl (Post 16053333)
Wah, I haven't lost anything in a week. This always happens to me; I lose weight, get excited and then my body decides to screw me over by keeping me at the same weight.

:dunno:

What are you eating? How much "tweaking" do you do? Any off-plan meals or days in the last week? Stillman's works really well...unless you go off-plan...then it is very unforgiving.

Every time I've gone a few days with no loss, I looked at what I ate, and sure enough, there has been carb-creep (or fat creep) from adding non-listed items to my diet. I then cut back on the "little" things I was adding to give variety.

Stillman's is very boring...but that is one of the reasons it works.

catne 11-02-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mim (Post 16053331)
Good morning. I am having a really hard time staying on plan. Bits of my life have gone wonky and my eating is part of it. My dd and family have moved, I'm looking for a new call and interview in Michigan next week, I am not going to be able to be with my grand girls until Christmas afternoon, and I've let my housework get ahead of me. And that is just the short list! So, today I'm going to clean up the kitchen, and after work I'll go to dd's to do laundry and pack up some things she wants me to bring her, and start working on getting organized again. I am not going to spiral down and gain the weight back.

It is so hard to stay on-plan when your life is unsettled, isn't it. Planning is so key with the low-carb lifestyle, but sometimes other things just have to take precedence. One "mind-trick" I employ is trying to keep the food plans very simple and in line...even if it means we eat almost exactly the same thing every day...because that takes minimum planning/brain organizing time...yet if that aspect of my life is "under control" then the rest of the craziness is not as bad. Like "well at least my eating is under control" even though every thing else is going you-know-where-in-a-handbasket, lol. For example, when we have had all this packing-moving-house renovation stuff going on...we would be eating the same microwave-egg-turkey sausage omelet for breakfast every day. Tyson grilled chicken chunks (not breaded kind) for lunch, and turkey or chicken burgers for dinner every night...I'd make enough for 2 nights meals. Chicken sausage for snack in the evening. We'd eat like that 4-5 days in a row. Processed food, yes. But it saved us from falling into the let's just eat at McDonald's trap, and kept the weight loss going...slow, but steady.

Best wishes on your interview, and hope it all works out for you.

And though you won't see the grandkids earlier, it will make Christmas afternoon extra special for you!

Mar922 11-02-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catne (Post 16053779)
It is so hard to stay on-plan when your life is unsettled, isn't it. Planning is so key with the low-carb lifestyle,

That is so true if I don't plan I will eat off plan because everything else is a mess anyways!

Shreem 11-02-2012 03:52 PM

another very good high protein, low fat and low calorie day. will do again tomorrow. im at goal, face is looking less puffy. not sure what made my face get puffy, while staying the same weight, but i was hoping the protein would slim it down. almost thinking i might have a nut sensitivity. i stopped all nuts today and yesterday-and it made a very big difference..

Leo41 11-03-2012 01:05 AM

blondiegirl-
One of the things that has been important to me in weight management is to understand how my body responds to my eating plan. You may want to consider the current situation as 'data' rather than distress.

You mention "This always happens to me," so this may be an entirely normal part of losing weight for you and nothing to panic about. From these boards, I've noticed that many, many people experience a second or third week of no loss. Usually, it's a matter of the body responding to the initial loss and is just temporary.

Keep in mind that our bodies function by always seeking homeostasis (balance)--e.g., when we're ill, our immune system kicks it up a notch to rid itself of the illness. Sadly for us, the body also sees weight loss as a negative (from history when starvation was a reality in times of famine) and is always seeking to retain its size. When we lose fat, the body can push water into those empty fat cells temporarily, hoping that the fat will return. Eventually, it's forced to dump that excess water, and that's when people experience a 'whoosh.'

It's natural for the body to resist as soon as it registers those initial losses. Some people experience this throughout their weight-loss experience, and for some others, it's just occasional. The important thing is not to panic and start tweaking.

As Cathy has wisely advised, if you check your past week and don't see any deviations in terms of fat/calories/carbs but have been solidly on plan, then just continue. You body only resists for a short time.

Shreem 11-03-2012 01:11 PM

so today is just eggs and chicken breast. the headache is gone.

Mar922 11-04-2012 03:50 PM

Starting back on plan tomorrow, I am actually excited!

Shreem 11-05-2012 01:09 AM

i woke up feeling great. i had my last 3 eggs and a slice of mozzarella cheese this morning :yummy:. the food stores are so low on food, but the there is a deli that said they are getting eggs in at 5:30am, so I'm going there at that time and buy several packages off the shelf or i will be out of luck. We go to costco and usually buy those huge flats of eggs, but because gas lines are long and gas is in short supply and I imagine most food is gone from Costco, we just decided to no go this past week end (all hurricane related). i had stocked up on food prior to the hurricane, so we haven't suffered at all.

I will be going to work this morning, but our companies building downtown is not operational, so we have relocated temporarily to a very large uptown hotel conference room. we were there last week, too. So it will be a a different kind of work week.:aprayer:

makemeslim 11-05-2012 09:32 AM

Hello, just wanted to say been thinking of all those affected by Sandy. Love from the UK.

Shreem 11-06-2012 01:01 AM

:high5:eggs, chicken, white fish yesterday (little mayo with the eggs, not much).

I feel very good and ready to go vote soon.:shake:

catne 11-06-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreem (Post 16061307)
:high5:eggs, chicken, white fish yesterday (little mayo with the eggs, not much).

I feel very good and ready to go vote soon.:shake:

That would be my menu today! Back from Disney World...had a great time and good food but put on 10 lbs water weight in 3 days. So eating very clean and drinking a lot of liquids to "flush" it soon. Have to get back down before the holidays hit.

Mar922 11-06-2012 07:32 PM

Back on plan and everything is going good I am eating higher fat for the next couple days to get me past the cravings and will weigh in at the end of the week.I am already starting to feel thinner so that makes me happy.

I am having about 1 planned cheat MEAL a WEEK and more veggies (so I am doing more of a Dukan approach I guess) to get myself though the holidays and girls nights and parties and studying and bdays etc I may lose slower but I want to stick with this til the weight is off hopefully it will keep me on longer and if I find its making me binge I will drop the cheat meal except for special occasions... they are called special for a reason!

Mim 11-07-2012 05:39 AM

Good morning! I feel like I've been away for a long time, but in reality it was just a few very busy days. I left for Michigan after church Sunday and arrived there at 7:30 pm. Monday I had an interview. Tuesday I got up at the crack of dawn to drive back to be with a parishioner who was dying. I made it it time to vote and to sit with her husband as she breathed her last. Then I headed to church because they have an election night pancake supper. I'm exhausted but ready to buckle down on the weight loss again. I've gained some, but really not too bad. Like you, Mar, I'll do higher fat and in my case a bit more carbs today. I have a lunch meeting where the meal is already prepared, and then possibly a dinner meeting. But after today I'll be making my own food! : )

catne 11-07-2012 08:25 AM

Mim & Mar, I think you have a good plan with having a bit more carbs & fat to transition from off-plan to on-plan. It definitely helps the hunger & cravings for the first few days getting back into losing mode, and just seems easier to adjust...I do that too, kind of more Atkins Induction for a day or so, then more strict Stillman's once that water weight starts coming off & my appetite goes back to ketosis levels.

I do love that slimming feel as the excess water leaves my system (I have severe water-retention issues with carb consumption...will gain 10-15 lbs. water in just 3 or 4 days of carby eating, every time!) So I not only feel the water losses, I also get a real "visual" of the water losses as the water leaves my system & my ankles come back into view.

Mar922 11-07-2012 08:09 PM

man the boards are quiet!

I had a atkins dinner today, chicken caesar salad, it was very good!

Today was my veg day with dukan but seeing I am still having extra fat I am made it an atkins meal, I will see how this goes this week doing dukan instead of strict stills although I am not having all the dukan stuff (oat bran, yogurt, milk) so its kind of a dukan stills thing. I am hoping dukan with the 1 cheat meal a week will work as now that I am allowing myself some carbs I feel less like I am going to stuff my face with them haha


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:08 AM.