Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #121
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I'm not. You're basically eating just protein, and most ketogenic plans like this suppress appetite. Granted, I can always eat, but that's my 'problem.' I'm not actually 'hungry' with Stillman's.

And without fat (which is high calorie), you can eat a lot of food for far fewer calories with Stillman's, so you can eat whenever you're truly hungry.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
today was a fabulous stillmans day. i'm at 86 %protein, 13% fat and 0% carbs. Calories are: 796. i'm done eating for the day. also chewed some trident sf gum and diet soda. i feel very good. Wonderful way to eat.

for thanksgiving week i did a modified atkins. mod protein, higher fat and low carb. it worked for me and i stayed nice and trim, but i don't do that consistently or i will put weight on after a while. by changing my eating routines, it seems to keep me thin. go from low carb high fat, to stillmans high protein low fat and then the inches off way of eating somewhere in there.
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #123
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/148.6/?
WOE: lc
I have the QWL book and can't figure out why cottage cheese is okay, but no creamer is allowed in coffee.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #124
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
I have the QWL book and can't figure out why cottage cheese is okay, but no creamer is allowed in coffee.
Right there with you! Some of us simply can't do cottage cheese - it stalls our weight loss. Some of us can have some cream in our coffee and it doesn't bother our weight loss. You will have to see what works for you. I can't eat cottage cheese, and I don't know about cream/creamer because I have always had my coffee black.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #125
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/148.6/?
WOE: lc
Thanks Mim. Do you count or limit your calories purposefully?
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #126
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Thanks Mim. Do you count or limit your calories purposefully?

No, I don't count calories - they are naturally low though. Eating this way will cause you to eat less, and what we eat is naturally low calories because it is low fat.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:19 AM   #127
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Ug - a .5 pound bounce up! But all is well, I've been losing at a steady rate and I was on plan, so tomorrow it will be gone and might possibly take some friends with it!

This morning I'm finishing up cleaning up after putting up my tree. Nothing like having the landlord come over to get one motivated to straighten up! My heating unit is acting up and so he and the repair folk will be over. I have been walking to work but wasn't going to be able to today. I was bummed because I've really been enjoying the exercise. And then I realized that I could do what I need to do in a different order, go to the office later this afternoon and get my walk in! I'm so brilliant!

Have a happy Wednesday!
Old 11-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hi losers !

Wow Mim tree is up already? You waste no time!
Egad, HVAC problems-get thee away! Walking in this weather? Rubbish!

and a BIG welcome to Jeannie!

I have always wanted to try cashew and almond butter....yummmmmm
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Divine Miss M
Stats: A Divine Goal: 160-165
WOE: PP/EFGT/Atkins/Stillmans/Now HCG
Start Date: LC 5/03/07; HCG, starting 8/19/10
Hello, ladies! It's been quite a long time since I've been on the LCF boards.

I wanted to "jump in" with you! I use Stillman's from time to time. Began it again yesterday and lost 2 lbs. already. I also have the headache but I know that will eventuallly pass. If it doesn't, I'll just have a small salad; that usually does the trick!

Anyway, thanks for letting me join you!
Divine Miss M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:26 AM   #130
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Welcome, Divine!

I woke up to that pesky .5 bounce gone and it took a friend! I am so going to make my 12 pounds lost by Christmas! It is quite cold here but I will walk to the office this morning nonetheless.

CC - my tree is indeed up, but my little home is not very Christmassy looking yet. I've still got boxes out that need to go back downstairs and some things sitting on the table that need to be put away. Hopefully I will have time tonight to declutter and then I will really enjoy my space. And while I did bring my Christmas movies up (they were in the basement) I haven't watched any yet. I'm trying to wait until Sunday to start watching then, but I might pop them in the dvd on Saturday and watch one or two or three or four.........
Old 11-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Good Morning, all...hope everyone is happily staying on plan! It's hard this time of year when we're assaulted with the visions of sugarplums. I hate the way the grocery stores load the front of the store with all the special Christmas candies and all the baking ingredients. Wish they'd put the meat at the front of the store, lol.

Well, November is turning out to be a "stall" month for me (though not really a stall --more of a bounce up-bounce down month. Since I bounced up considerably with the Disney vacation at beginning of the month...and by the time I lost that, it was holiday time. Ate too much over the holiday to actually lose anything.) And we had several restaurant meals with friends & family where I stayed Atkins-low-carb, but the sodium levels were way too high for me (causing 24-36 hour water weight fluctuations that interrupt the losing cycles) So...here I am almost to the end of the month & still weigh the same as Nov. 1.

Oh well. It could be far worse. At least I handled the challenges this month: I could have turned Disney into a permanent gain...could have carbed out on Thanksgiving...could have said "to heck with it" and joined the family/friends sharing the appetizers like the Blooming Onion or goat cheese flatbread at the restaurant meals, etc. But I didn't. I stuck with the program.

I would rather have lost a few, but am glad I at least managed to hang onto all losses for the year. And that's what I have to do: Have to look at the the long view here. I've lost 62 lb. in 8 months, which is not too shabby, at all. In fact, that's the best dieting I've done in probably 10 years.

And I still have high hopes & good plans for December. I really want to gift myself with a nice loss in December...and celebrate the New Year with the new me further along the weight loss path.

My decorating is done...quite pleased with the way it turned out (since we're in a new place...the condo-style apartment...was not sure how/where I would put stuff. And we gave away a lot of our old decor when we down-sized. Actually had to go get a little bit more,since I down-sized too much, lol. Luckily, Hobby Lobby had everything 50% off so I was able to pick up a couple of little odds & ends at good prices.) Now I have to start the Christmas baking...that's my challenge the next couple of days: bake, decorate, and freeze immediately. Wish I could skip it this year, but have several relatives who depend on me for the Christmas goodies. It's my good-deed so I'll be strong & remember the goodies are not for me!

Also have several Christmas presents to wrap, just a few more to buy & I'll be done. So I can enjoy watching the Christmas specials I've been recording on the DVR.

Have a nice Thursday, all!

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 11-29-2012 at 08:45 AM..
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #132
Senior LCF member

With all that eating-out activity, Cathy, I think you should congratulate yourself on not gaining. It's discouraging when we're not losing and tempting to say, "WTH, I might as well go off for a week or two."

For me, restaurant meals are really difficult. I have a sensitivity to many food additives, and I find that no matter how carefully I eat, I will sometimes bloat up 3-4 lbs after a restaurant meal. Even knowing the cause doesn't help because I still have an emotional reaction to that scale number

I'm more Atkins today because I have a life-long problem with constipation, and after 5 days of strict Stillman's, I was feeling actually ill from not 'going.' Even Miralax (recommended by my gastro) wasn't working, and I knew that I needed some fat. It's helped, and I'll be back to Stills tomorrow. I usually do an Atkins day on Sundays for the fat, so I just moved it up this week 'for health reasons.'
Old 11-30-2012, 04:37 AM   #133
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I have been sleeping so well lately. I tend to though when I'm on plan. There is always a period of insomnia when I first get into ketosis after I've been off plan for awhile, but then comes great, restful sleep! I'm going to get a gel memory foam topper for my mattress because I have some aches and pains that should be helped by the topper. Oh, let me go on and on about how good it feels to get a good night's sleep!
Old 11-30-2012, 04:41 AM   #134
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Well drat, I meant to add a smiley but instead hit post! I don't have much to do today. I'll go visit a parishioner this morning and then this afternoon I'll have dinner with some friends and go to see Lincoln. I've checked the menu and know what I'll get. I would really prefer to not go out to eat, but I'll make good choices and I'll have fun. I'm 3 pounds down - towards my 12 pound loss goal for Christmas, and would like to lose another pound or two by my Tuesday weigh in. Eating out makes it tough - but not impossible.

Happy Friday!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Well drat, I meant to add a smiley but instead hit post! I don't have much to do today. I'll go visit a parishioner this morning and then this afternoon I'll have dinner with some friends and go to see Lincoln. I've checked the menu and know what I'll get. I would really prefer to not go out to eat, but I'll make good choices and I'll have fun. I'm 3 pounds down - towards my 12 pound loss goal for Christmas, and would like to lose another pound or two by my Tuesday weigh in. Eating out makes it tough - but not impossible.

Happy Friday!
Good for you, MIM, down 3! Looks like your goal is attainainable. Should be a nice Christmas gift to yourself.

Enjoy dinner, but I hear ya on restaurant meals...sounds like you have this one under control.
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starzmom
mim - I second the "good for you". You're doing really well towards your goal!
catne - You've had a wonderful loss in the past 8 months and congratulations for holding on to it. I've read somewhere that is is most difficult to lose weight from October through December. I certainly agree.

I'm up those two pounds I lost earlier but at least there is no gain. I think I'm retaining water right now.

Have a great day everyone and welcome to Divine Ms M!
Starzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

welcome to Divine Ms M!

Mim, yer waaaay ahead of me, nary a holiday trimming in sight! With highs in the fifties come Monday I am planning a small attack.

Unfortunately, I am a bit torn with celebrating vs. the massive loss of my Dad in Sept so it will be tough................

OMG hooray on down three!

still working on turkey leftovers so it's all good loving it........selling clothes like mad on the bay.......

BTW any suggestions on helping Mom put some weight back on without gorging bad grain carbs? she wants to get back to 130........

I told her to make some black bean soup, which she did and is maintaining at 125 but all her clothes are falling off and she doen't want to spend on replacing, just gain to fit what she has.............

I've got her into yogurt with walnuts and honey in the morning then some eggs at ten then a decent lunch and dinner......

of course if I wanted to gain it would be simple, more cocktails LOL

today is all ya got so enjoy my friends

PS someone start the new thread okay ? I will if you don't but I feel it's only fair that one of you troopers do because I've been so MIA lately.....

Last edited by CCGirl; 11-30-2012 at 06:29 PM..
Old 11-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so we end November pretty much like it started, watching Duck Dynasty and the temps drop

have a good night all, blessings your way
Old 12-01-2012, 03:31 AM   #139
Senior LCF member

CCGirl-
I know from experience that the first holiday season after the loss of a loved one is the worst, so just take it a day at a time--and be good to yourself.

As to your mother, I'm really talented at gaining weight Does she like ice cream? Despite the sugar, a doctor once told me that he always advises patients who need to gain to try to have a bowl of ice cream each evening because it's the most nutritious of the high calorie snack foods--and the easiest to digest.

What about other high calorie snack items--e.g., peanut butter on a banana? Nutella on toasted raisin bread? PB&jelly on an English muffin?
Think carbs; that's the way to put on pounds.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:59 AM   #140
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I started the December thread - no snappy title, my brain doesn't work that way!

Dancing through December the Stillman's way