Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
I am hungry tonight! I am blaming this on my cheat meal yesterday, I ate an extra chicken breast tonight to try and keep my self satiated... It was supposed to be my lunch but I figured it was better than grabbing one of the cookies or muffins or poptarts my boyfriend has in the house!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2012, 05:00 AM   #62
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! Mar - I get hungry after I've cheated too. I think that is part of the reason it is so hard to get back on plan. I was off plan yesterday. I had a women's meeting last night and the dessert was too yummy to pass up! I'm getting ready to go to work - to which I'll walk! Happy Tuesday everyone!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starzmom
Leo- you're so right whatever works for us is right for us!
CCgirl- thanks for the welcome! I do eat up on Stillman's at first and then the appetite dimishes (which is what I want since I have a wonderful appetite)

I bought a turkey and will cook it this Friday. They're cheap this time for year and good Stillman's fare. I also am into eggs in a major way.

Have a successful low carb day everyone!
Starzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

I did not have anytiome this mornig to weigh in so I am not sure how that cheat meal really affected me but I feel thin and my appetite is finally gone so I am happy and now I think I might see how long I can go without weighing haha
Old 11-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
brrr, days are so short now waaaaaaaaahhhh

yep turkeys cheeeeeeep maybe get two, but they will be cheap again for Christmas so I dunno

I am soooo bloated dang salt
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yay Mar lean and not so mean !!!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #67
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: debbi1972
Thx Starzmom! I'm going to weigh in the morning and see what the scale says! I've actually surprised myself with how easy it has been so far (even though I'm only at Day 2). Here's hoping to many more successful days!
And just to everyone- I really enjoy coming in and reading your posts- I think this interaction will really help keep me motivated!

Last edited by debbi1972; 11-13-2012 at 04:21 PM..
debbi1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Of course I had no appetite today and then tonight I have been sooo hungry! I think it has something to do with my lack of sleep last night normally I would crave sugar for the quick energy but now i just want food, which is good. I am eating meat and seeing today is an induction day I had some cauliflower with cheese sauce and a few with dip.

The only really bad thing I had was about 4 OZ of cheese as a snack when I should have maybe had meat.... Oh well it was delicious haha

Last edited by Mar922; 11-13-2012 at 07:51 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 03:14 AM   #69
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Ug - I woke up early with a splitting headache - tension. Our finding a new church process is long and I'm in what looks like the "they are almost ready to call me" stage. But it hasn't happened yet, and it still could not happen. Hence the tension headache. But the good news is that I keep inching my way down the scale! 3.5 more to get to pre insanity weight.

Have a great Wednesday!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:37 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Feel better Mim, headache first thing yuk !
Old 11-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Happy Wednesday, all...hey Mar, lack of sleep really messes with the metabolism (and yes, one of the things that happens is appetite is triggered in an attempt to boost energy in the body...when we miss out on sleep, all "systems" do not get the rest & revitalization needed...so the natural reaction is "send extra calories" signals go out. It's amazing how much easier it is to control the appetite once we get enough sleep.)

CC, I know what you mean! I am not ready for these sunsets happening shortly after 5:00 PM (in Nebraska) Not fun. And the cold....going from Florida 80s, to Nebraska 40s & 50s temps...and the occasional 30s temps days too. BRRRR. Have to start making some meat & broth soups. I did break out the holiday-flavored teas (love the herbal teas in the evening: I have a Candy-cane peppermint tea, and another one that's holiday-sugar-cookie flavor. YUM. and Cozy for the long cold evenings.)

Mim, hope the stress level goes down soon for you...but good for you, still losing. I know it can be very difficult to stay on-plan when hit with stress; especially when the stress is giving you headaches. Hang in there, lady. You'll get good news one of these days.

Debbi, good luck on the weigh-in. I have to weigh every day (I chart it, so I can see trends over the long-haul. The small daily fluctuations don't look bad when on a long-range chart.)

Starzmom....cooking a turkey on Friday: good plan. Will make an easy weekend with cooked turkey to munch on. Yum!

I'm still working on getting Disney weight back off...about 2 more lbs & I'll be back to pre-Diz weight. It's taking longer this time, but that's probably because I've had several restaurant meals...Atkins-legal, but I swear they put so much extra salt on the steaks, etc. that I retain about a gallon of water per restaurant meal, lol. Past the birthdays & celebrations so thinking if we avoid going out to eat between now & Turkey Day maybe the rest of that water will come off.

This time having the excess water weight take longer to come back off is actually making me very resolved to stay totally Atkins-legal over the Thanksgiving weekend (and avoid the salty snacks, even if they're legal) I really want to get under 200 by 12/31/2012...if I gained a few by eating off-plan on Thanksgiving, I think it would be very hard to lose 10 by the end of December.

Soooo...I'll be mostly eating turkey and a few LC veggies. A pumpkin muffin for dessert (the Flax meal/egg muffin-in-a-mug variety, LOW CARB)

Well, folks, I better get back to work...have a lot to do, with 8 coming for Thanksgiving dinner, and 1/2 dozen the day after for football. And now I have 12 weeks worth of dust on my furniture, as well as dead bugs & dust bunnies around the edges of every room (hubby was home a couple of weeks in that 12 weeks...he didn't vacuum the edges of the rooms OR dust, lol.) And I have to get my Fall decor out... Find my serving spoons, pie spatulas, etc. And think about Christmas gifts. BUSY

The holiday season commences...

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 11-14-2012 at 08:57 AM..
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cat, glad you're home safe ! It sounds like you have a lot to do in little time for the holiday, that should knock the pounds off of ya !
Old 11-15-2012, 04:55 AM   #73
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I woke up with that "thin" feeling. I am hoping to lose 6 more pounds by Thursday. And then on to my next goal - 10 pounds from Thanksgiving to Christmas. I have a couple of Christmas events where I will eat. One is a served meal and one is kinda a pot luck. I always have such mixed feelings about setting weight loss goals. When I'm perfectly on the plan, my body loses at the rate it loses! So, I try to just go with the flow. But on the other hand, it is fun to have goals! But I'll take what I get.

On another note - I'm enjoying being able to get dressed in the morning without any stress. When I went for my interview one of the things I did not stress about was what to wear! I didn't have to go shopping to find the outfit that fit. I decided the night before what I would wear and pulled it from my closet and felt good. My only problem is that I still occasionally end up in pants that are too big!

Cathy - enjoy your Christmas prep! I am going Christmas shopping this afternoon. I had thought about not putting up a tree this year, but I just gotta! I typically put it up the 1st Sunday of Advent, which is often the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend. But this year there is a Sunday between Thanksgiving and the 1st Sunday. I'm in such a Christmas mood that I might put up the tree on Thanksgiving. I have turned down another invitation to dinner because I really want to be alone and have my on plan food and just veg!

Ok, I need to get moving. I'm going to walk to the office where I'll work 'till noonish. Have a great day!
Old 11-15-2012, 05:55 AM   #74
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Cathy- Glad you're safely home, but you certainly have your work cut out for you in prepping for the holidays! I feel guilty because I'll be home alone for Thanksgiving (by choice) and traveling for Christmas, so I really don't have a lot to do. I'm hoping this 'easy' schedule helps me stay on plan, but I have this incredible ability to sabotage myself--a habit I'm determined to break.

Mim- I know what you mean about not worrying about what to wear. This is the first time in my life when I can comfortably take out last year's clothes and find that they fit perfectly (I've been maintaining for almost 2 years).

But I recent spate of overeating and too many carbs has me in 'damage control' miode, and, like you, I'm hoping to drop a few pounds by Thanksgiving. Since I was morbidly obese my entire life, maintenance requires constant vigilance. But it's certainly worth it!
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

So it took until today from my cheat meal Sunday to start losing again, I just kinda stayed the same the last few days. I was going to have pizza this weekend at our girls night but I dont think I am going to do that because I want to keep losing at a steady pace until about 2 weeks before xmas and then I will have once a week cheat meals.

Our Anniversary is in a week and a bit so I will be having a cheat meal for that but that gives me another 9 days to lose before then instead of losing 2 days then having a cheat meal and maintaining 5 days and losing 2 overall thats not a bad way to lose but I have a gaol in mind but maybe for the last 10 pounds I will do that again.

Because I am doing atkins stills alternating I am losing about 2.5 a week instead of the 5 stills says we are supposed to but I am still happy with that and then I don't feel so deprived I have started to cut out the fat so I guess now its closer to dukan but not quite there yet.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:51 AM   #76
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ReAlly
Stats: 249/244.7/145
WOE: What works for me
Start Date: Each morning
Starzmom, how good is the mental clarity?! It's such a clean and clear feeling, and you don't realise how bad you felt until you eat right.

And by eat right, I agree with Leo. Low-carb high-fat feels okay - steady energy, but there's no appetite off switch, no light feeling, little or no weight-loss. It's good to know that others also feel so light and clean when eating low-carb AND low-fat. I understand the theory behind needing high fat when low-carbing, however my body has other ideas.

BTW Leo, did I read your stats correctly? If so, you have lost an amazing amount of weight. Some tips would be much-appreciated.

I hope you all have a good, enjoyable, strong weekend.
ReAlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:20 AM   #77
Senior LCF member

ReAlly-
My only 'tips' are that for me consistency was essential--no deliberate 'cheats' or planned 'vacation eating.' I totally changed my relationship with food and found that I could enjoy holidays and vacations by eating more 'luxurious' low carb foods (like prime rib) that I don't normally have. I am very carb sensitive, so I still have to keep my carbs at about 20g a day or lower. It's that carb sensitivity that kept me morbidly obese from childhood, so I know that I cannot eat any other way.

Unlike many, age (post-menopausal) and being hypothyroid requires me to also eat low calorie--but I discovered that my body really requires much less food, and that hasn't been a problem for me.

Ironically, maintenance is a challenge because there are documented (scientifically) hormonal urges to gain, and I also have found that the 'food issues' that I thought I'd lose with the weight are still with me. I still will see a delicious cake and want to eat the entire thing--but although I don't, those temptations are not pleasant. I know this will be a life-long problem, but it's certainly worth it to maintain.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:39 AM   #78
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I'm down another half pound! Not back to my pre-gain weight, but very close. I am feeling so good about myself. In the past, the times when I'm not on plan would have been months. I would gain all the weight I had lost, and sometimes more. Now, my off plan times are fewer and shorter and the most I've gained is 8 pounds. On March 13th I will have been at this a year. I hope to post an 80 pound loss for the year. Like you, Leo, I have changed my relationship with food. I am not quite where you are, but I'm getting there.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #79
Junior LCF Member

Leo, thankyou for your honesty. Reading through these boards, you often hear of people having no desire for carbage anymore. Unfortunately, I'm also not one of those - if I see something bad, I'll want it and it's so hard to walk away. It's true that ketosis significantly dulls the snacking and emotional eating, but it doesn't disappear. The taste of junk is almost irresistible, and after even one bite, you're on a sugar high. It really is like a drug - I actually get a bit high, quite chatty, like after several cups of coffee. And then afterwards, you feel sooo bad... physically, mentally, emotionally...

I agree with your idea that indulging should maybe be limited to Atkins-style foods. No matter how many positives are associated with the planned cheat day or cheat meal, it's just so hard to get back on track.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #80
Junior LCF Member

Mim, wow that's great. It's not about being 100% perfect - because the pressure of perfection just gnaws away at you.

Sorta like life, really. It's not about perfection, it's about recognising how thing have been and now learning from them and making better choices.

I think that changing your relationship with food is a huge step. Well done and I hope you do indeed get to post the 80 pound loss this year.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mim, yay on feeling thin ! Mar, happy you're losing again like you want to.

Finally not bloated today, be gone stomach bug !

ReA, good post. Well said.

Pretty quiet on the ranch here. Plotting my hunter gatherer day for tomorrow. No meat is safe

BFF is taking me out Sunday for my unbirthday. I have decided I don't need or want any more of them. I want to go to one of those enormous Chinese buffets. Then to Marshalls.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:47 AM   #82
Senior LCF member

ReAlly- It's not that I never have any indulgences! I just try to keep them in check. For example, I would never 'buy' a cake because I know I'd eat the entire thing, but if I were having a restaurant meal for a special occasion (on vacation or a holiday), I might have dessert or I might dip into the bread basket (never both).

That has worked for me because it's portion controlled, and I've found that with a meal, I don't really get that 'sugar addiction' feeling that makes me want to continue eating forever.

These 'indulgences' are few, but psychologically, they allow me to realize that no food is always 'off limits.' I've explained before that when I'm tempted to indulge in something 'not good for me,' I do a quick, mental 'cost/benefit' analysis--what will be the 'cost' to me? The 'benefit'?

When I do this, the dessert or other indulgence rarely wins--but it can, and that's what keeps me sane.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:24 AM   #83
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I'm down another half pound. I made meatloaf yesterday. I use ground beef, salsa, cheese and eggs. I needed a change from chicken and fish! On Monday evening I'm having dinner with a friend and I will have a glass of red wine. My meal will be atkins. I am gluten sensitive, and as I get older I am getting more sensitive. Indulging in bread has painful consequences!

I'm going to walk to the office in a little bit. I have some things to do to get ready for church tomorrow. The walking has helped me both keep losing and as a motivator for staying on plan. I do best when I have a place to walk to, rather than just walking.

Happy Saturday!
Old 11-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hello, hope all are doing well. As of tomorrow I will be checking in daily. I need to get back on plan just to get rid of this bloat feeling I get from carbs...yuk! Going to hit it hard for the next week or so....no cheats, no excuses!

Last edited by makemeslim; 11-17-2012 at 11:55 AM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:10 AM   #85
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hello, hope all are doing well. As of tomorrow I will be checking in daily. I need to get back on plan just to get rid of this bloat feeling I get from carbs...yuk! Going to hit it hard for the next week or so....no cheats, no excuses!
Can't wait to hear from you daily! We miss you!
Old 11-18-2012, 03:12 AM   #86
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Sunday morning. I'm down another pound! I walked and walked yesterday. Not only did I walk to the office, but I needed to mail something so I walked to the post office. That was a lot of walking for me! But the rewars is that I'm down a pound!

I've got to boogie - Happy Sunday!
Old 11-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

I had my weekly cheat meal yesterday, I didn't want to have it I was just gonna do an atkins day but the pizza place we oredered from didn't have salad and I was hungry and ended up eating some pizza and then chips but I did pretty good with moderation so I am not feeling too bad just bloated. I have to go to a dinner tonight so I am hoping to stick close to Atkins or stills if I can but we never go to dinner at the BF's Dads house so I will eat what they give me.

I have been sitting around 150.6 and really want to tip back into the 140's and then I will be more or less at my maintenance wait from last year at this time. I can pretty much fit into my old clothes now so I feel like I have a new wardrobe but I know they will fit better if I am in the 143-148 range
Old 11-19-2012, 04:11 AM   #88
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr and good morning! I hate normal fluctuations. I'm up a pound. I've been on plan so it will disappear again, but grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. On a happier note, my body continues to shrine. I'm not sure I'll get my walk in today as I need to go to my dd's house and do laundry. It was no big deal to do this when they lived there, but now no one is there. Fortunately the furniture is still there for a few more weeks. If I get the call to Michigan the church will provide the washer and dryer. If I stay here, I'll have to buy them when my dd's house sells. Anyway, I'll be at here house and there will be no food, so I'll take my lunch. I might get brave and walk to church this afternoon, but it gets dark so early and I'm afraid I will fall. And now I've put it off long enough - I shall gather my clothes and get my day started. Have a happy Monday!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

I had my 2 cheat meals and I am up almost 4 pounds! I know I didn't eat 14000 calories I ate a normal amount so its just the salt and carbs and my body's reaction to them but holy crap that was a scary sight to see this morning!

I am pounding back the water and hopefully will be back to normal in a couple days. I have 2 cheat meals again this weekend as its our anniversary so I will be more prepared for the water gain after that. Then I am gonna lose til I get busy over the holidays and my goal once I get there is to maintain til I start school again in January and then lose til I am at goal
Old 11-20-2012, 05:34 AM   #90
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I'm proud of myself. I had a terrible, horrible, really icky day yesterday. I was meeting a friend for dinner and I was feeling so rotten that I was thinking about eating one of everything on the menu. But I didn't. I ordered a chicken dish that was probably a bit carb laden, but no too bad. I had a salad and broccoli and a glass of red wine. I had hoped that since I had a mysterious pound gain yesterday, that this morning my meal would not show up on the scale. But I'm up half a pound. I am so frustrated. But I'll keep on keeping on. I have a meeting today where lunch will be served. I'm not going to eat lunch. I'll take my trusty tuna. Grrrr. But yesterday I did not turn to food when I was in such a funk, and no matter what the scale says I've worked hard and I'll continue to work hard to get this weight off.