Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 05:54 AM   #31
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I had my first day back on plan - sorta. I ate way more calories and carbs than I had planned but still lost a pound. Today will be more strict. I'm going to walk to work today and start making that the habit. I need to get motivated to do other exercise but I'm having a hard time getting going. Hopefully after a few days of clean eating and walking to work I'll start feeling good about myself again, and that will lead to starting the exercise! Have a great day! I'm very busy today - I have a funeral tomorrow and two showings today, so I probably won't check back in until the morning.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2012, 06:32 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Have a stress free day Mim !

Hiya losers !

MMS big hug {{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:58 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
My fat and carb (only 20g every other day) alternating is working I am down about 5 pounds in the last 3 days, that is pretty much all water weight because I had lots of carbs over the weekend but It seems like I hold all my water weight around my middle so even if its only water weight my pants already feel loose!

I was looking at my menu this week and it looks like I am not doing dukan but I am doing atkins induction every other day (my body processes fat very well, maybe its the Inuit side of me?) so, so far its working, I was gonna do less fat after the cravings stopped but now I am thinking of doing continuing to alternate the 2 until I stop losing and then switching over to less fat but continuing to alternate doing Dukan without the dairy.

I wonder if our ancestry has a lot to do with how we can eat foods now in more modern times. I am pretty much a mutt but I am 1/2 Inuit and Cree (Swampy Cree lived farther north) and they would have diets high in fat and protein with little fruit (berries in the summer) and veggies and that is the diet I feel best on. I am actually allergic to most fruit too and that wouldn't have really been part of their diet. I do have my other side (Austrian and Irish maybe) but I don't really know the diet but it would be interesting to see the diet and if its similar with fats and high protein and low fruit or if I just lean towards the other because Its a mix and you never know what you are gonna get like my dog who is a mutt and looks dainty but has the tough stomach of whatever she is crossed with she eats EVERYTHING with no problem. I am sure there is research on this somewhere but whenever I look for it out of curiosity I don't find too much or I search the wrong thing and get sidetracked.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:14 AM   #34
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post

I wonder if our ancestry has a lot to do with how we can eat foods now in more modern times. I am pretty much a mutt but I am 1/2 Inuit and Cree (Swampy Cree lived farther north) and they would have diets high in fat and protein with little fruit (berries in the summer) and veggies and that is the diet I feel best on. I am actually allergic to most fruit too and that wouldn't have really been part of their diet. I do have my other side (Austrian and Irish maybe) but I don't really know the diet but it would be interesting to see the diet and if its similar with fats and high protein and low fruit or if I just lean towards the other because Its a mix and you never know what you are gonna get like my dog who is a mutt and looks dainty but has the tough stomach of whatever she is crossed with she eats EVERYTHING with no problem. I am sure there is research on this somewhere but whenever I look for it out of curiosity I don't find too much or I search the wrong thing and get sidetracked.
Mar - I think ancestry has something to do with how our body works. I have a Native American grandmother. Most Native Americans are lactose intolerant. I'm not, but cottage cheese and yogurt cause me to stall or gain. And I'm guessing there is a connection. There is also a connection with "who we are" and how our body stores fat. If heavy eating was the norm during the summer to make it through the winter, it was important that our body hang on to the fat and burn it slowly. I can't remember where I read it, but I did read it.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:18 AM   #35
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! It feels good to be losing again. I have 5 more pounds to get back to pre-insanity weight, but I might be able to get it off, or most of it off by my Tuesday weigh in. And then I'm going to keep heading down the scale. I've got my head back in the game! I walked to the office yesterday and then to the funeral home twice. I'll walk to the funeral home this morning. I'm going to walk as much as possible!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

I have started losing weight again because up until today I was losing the weight I gained on my week off This is why I love stills but also a kick in the bum to remind me that meals off plan take even more time on plan to lose its not magic!

140's here I come!

I am having my 1st planned meal off plan this Sunday for my BF mom's Bday and see how it goes. I hope I can keep with my plan until then.

Today is an Atkins day but so far today I have stuck with stills but I already have a taco salad planned for dinner with my homemade taco seasoning so I know exactly what was in it, no hidden corn starch!

Last edited by Mar922; 11-09-2012 at 12:54 PM..
Old 11-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! It feels good to be losing again. I have 5 more pounds to get back to pre-insanity weight, but I might be able to get it off, or most of it off by my Tuesday weigh in. And then I'm going to keep heading down the scale. I've got my head back in the game! I walked to the office yesterday and then to the funeral home twice. I'll walk to the funeral home this morning. I'm going to walk as much as possible!
That's a good plan! Walking is a great way to exercise and its relaxing too!
Old 11-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #38
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Saturday morning! I am going to enjoy quiet time this morning - kinda easing into the day. Yesterday after the funeral I went to a restaurant with the family. There weren't low carb options other than salad, so I got a steak salad and it came with fries. I ate the fries. And I had diet pepsi - the first pop I've had in months. I had a second! The second one tasted different though - it wouldn't surprise me if it was regular. Anyway, I was tired and had a splitting headache and was starving. And I'm still down .5 this morning. Life is good!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
I have had chicken breast, egg salad (used small amounts of sour cream to mix).

Also, i put a little half and half with splenda in my coffee this morning. I feel very good. The rest of the day will either be chicken or egg whites, to keep the fat lower.

I'm going to do a week of hard core Stillmans QWL. My weight is controlled, but just want to feel strong for my work this coming week. We have been working out of a hotel for the last couple weeks. I stayed very low carb and picked the protein and fat choices that they served for breakfast and lunch each day. But this coming week we will move the company into a longer term temporary space while our building is being repaired from the hurricane damage. I won't have to eat the choices of what the company provides each day, and I will either be able to take my own lunch or go to a place of my choice to eat. Doing one clean week will make me feel much better while work is in chaos.

the new office is a quick walk away from where we live. The commute will be great!

Last edited by Shreem; 11-10-2012 at 10:16 AM..
Shreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

hey!

Still working my way down, I am down another lb today.

My stills and atkins induction plan is working well for me!
Old 11-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hi Stillmanites!

I'm finally back from my travels and hoping to have a few weeks at home without much interruption.

Just thought I'd pop in quickly and say "hey!"

It's time for me to knuckle down now, get out of vacation mode and get rid of the most recent vacay weight!

Still praying for all the victims of Sandy's wrath. I'm watching all the updates on the news.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

hi Mar922. I kind of did a bit of atkins today too. did not plan on it, but I bought that sour cream for my eggs salad this morning (rather than using mayo or salad dressing) and I kind of used the whole container. but it was only 8 total carbs for 8 oz, so i'm not beating myself up.

i have ended the day (and it's only 5:30pm, so I'm quitting my food earlier) with 71grams protein, 65 grams fat, 13.5 grams carbs and a total of 819 calories. When I first start doing my strict atkins, I try to stay below 850 calories. It calms the food cravings down and I'm not has hungry in a couple days eating the lower calories, but the only way I can do the low calories consistently is by eating plenty of low fat protein. so happy to be back doing this again. So proud of everyone here. You are all doing awesome.

CC: thank you for giving me the little heads up lecture about staying vegan too long. there is definitely a big difference in how much skin looks and also the clarity of thinking i get from eating meat and high protein foods.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
hello, all...

we're on the road from Florida to Nebraska (in Illinois tonight)

I packed our cooked meats in a cooler (turkey burgers, chicken breast chunks) and we're staying at hotels with eggs/sausage for breakfast...we have Stillman's lunch (just meat) and then lettuce salad with our dinner (so Atkins) Have a few Atkins-legal snacks for the evening (pork rinds, string cheese)

This is what we did last time we drove down to Florida, so hoping it works just as well going back home.

Sounds like everyone is knuckling down to get back on track...that's my plan, lose a few more before the holidays hit. Almost back to pre-Disney weight (a couple more water-weight lbs. to come off...don't have my scale with me on the road trip, so hoping I'm actually losing that last bit of water-weight this weekend...maybe a nice number on my scale Monday morning)

What is everyone planning for THanksgiving...I think (for now) that we're going to try to stay very-Atkins-like on Thanksgiving...and the big football day following Turkey Day. I would really like to keep losing through the end of the year...getting close to "one-derland"...would love to start the new year in the 1's.

But on the other hand...maybe one day off-plan?

Maybe I'll stay on plan for Turkey Day & Football Day...and plan on taking 24 hours off starting Christmas Eve, 5:00 PM (when our festivities start)
Maybe it would be easier to stay on in November with the idea I will celebrate the eating at Christmas

Just thinking ahead...

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 11-10-2012 at 04:09 PM..
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:29 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Hi Cathy.
Big drive!

Thanksgiving: Turkey Breast with plenty of salad. Snack on low fat cheese cubes. Coffee with splenda/cream for dessert.

I think your atkins plan for a holiday and also when you go out to eat with friends or business associates is a very workable solution.

I try to enjoy the conversations, the people, & eat very slowly.
Try to make others the focus of your day-rather than making food the friend.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:42 AM   #45
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I didn't sleep well last night - I hate when that happens.

I was just going to put a chicken in the crockpot when a parishioner texted me to invite me to supper. She is having steak! I'll put the chicken in the crockpot tomorrow!

My plan for Thanksgiving is to not let anyone know I'll be alone (which I really enjoy). I am going to have a small turkey and cranberry sauce made with splenda and a cauliflower/mushroom dish I made last year which is very yummy. I'm going to stay on plan until Christmas, and even then I'll stay on plan as much as possible.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:16 AM   #46
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Cathy- Sounds like perfect planning for your road trip--and I hope you have a pleasant surprise on Monday when you get on a scale. Do you ever retain water from being in the car for long stretches? I do, and that's why I'm asking. That water can screw up our nice scale numbers

I'm going to be alone for Thanksgiving for the first time in my life--and I'm so looking foward to it! It will probably be closer to Atkins than Stillman but definitely on plan and low calorie. I get a 'free' turkey at my supermarket (for having spent $$$!!), and I love turkey. My plan is to roast it on Thanksgiving morning, nibble on it during the day, but freezing portions for future meals, too. With it, I plan to have my favorite 'turkey side'--brussels sprouts sauteed with chopped bacon. And all-day football! Heaven.

I actually find it easy to eat on plan on holidays. It's those unexpected urges to pig out that can overcome me that are my real problem. I'm trying to learn to control that, but Stillman's is great for 'damage control.'
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

I didn't lose anything yesterday but I have been losing steadily for a week so I won't worry about it for a few days.

Today is the first of my off plan meals. So far today I have had a chicken breast with cheese (today is an atkins day) and then I will have my meal tonight lasagna with caesar salad and cake for dessert unless I am full but knowing me I will make room for the cake haha and then I can see how I lose weight after 1 meal off a week and adjust accordingly.

I have a girls night next week and we only have girls nights about twice a year so I will indulge then but if it takes me 6 days to lose whatever I put on tonight I may only have a few bites of the bad stuff or eat before and have no bad stuff.

Catne your holiday plan looks good, we already had thanksgiving here and I just ate off plan but tried to eat more natural carbs more of the potatoes and less of the stuffing, I seem to react to less processed stuff better than breads and pastas. For Christmas my plan is to go off stills for the dinners and then get back on before new years but that may not happen I tend to have the mentality well its Christmas so bring on the sweets! Which is why I gain 10 pounds every Christmas season haha
Old 11-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, looks like it's loners R us for the holiday.

Sadly, Thanksgiving was the only time of year my Mom and Dad would be here together so it's still sad around here. We didn't do Halloween, not even our fave movies. I doubt Christmas will be any cheerier.

I now have the stomach flu and have NOT told DH I am mainlining Cimetidine (Tagamet) to keep the pain and nausea away; when I had it in 98 that's the script the doc have me.

Even if it's the crappiest day, these still are the good old days.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG Leo, sprouts and bacon, sounds divine !!!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #50
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: debbi1972
Giving it a try!

Reading all your posts about this has really motivated me to give it a shot! Can anyone please give me quick run through as to how to guage the amount of meat to be consumed per day?? I believe someone had mentioned in older posts that I had read that a good judge would be to divide your current weight in half and that is the number of grams you should aim for??
debbi1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:04 PM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ReAlly
Stats: 249/244.7/145
WOE: What works for me
Start Date: Each morning
Hi everyone

I'm joining in! I lost 77 pounds on Stillman's a few years ago, so it's time for me to return to what works.

The reasons Stillman's works for me:
-makes me feel mentally clear and emotionally balanced
-improves my PCOS and pre-diabetes
-makes life easier - less focus on food equals more energy and enjoyment in other aspects of your life
-hardly any appetite (meaning no more "I'll just check what's in the fridge/pantry")
-most importantly, it allows me to recognise true hunger. This allows me to eat when I'm physically hungry and forget about food until the next time I'm physically hungry.

It's like the warning light that comes on when your car is low on fuel - it's no emergency, you don't have to eat RIGHT NOW, just eat when you can. The light goes off when it's not empty, meaning you don't have to completely stuff yourself, just enough to stop feeling hungry then you're done.

On Atkins, I feel great and the variety is good, however the weight-loss is non-existent and after the first couple of days, the weight-loss is s-l-o-w.

After a deliberate carbage-load today, I should be into ketosis when I wake up on Wednesday.

I look forward to spending the rest of this month seeing how well Stillman's works for all of us.

Good luck, everyone
ReAlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:57 AM   #52
Senior LCF member

debbi-
I assume you mean total protein rather than just 'meat'? I eat a lot of egg whites and fish, so that's why I asked.

The range that you 'need' is fairly broad, but I've seen the method you mention (half of your weight in grams), and that's pretty much what I do, based on a lot of calculators that I've seen that are more complicated.

It's fairly easy to get your protein requirements with Stillman's since that's basically all we eat.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:08 AM   #53
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Monday morning! I am feeling so much better since I've been able to get back on plan. Tomorrow is weigh in and I'll still be above my pre- life got crazy weight, but I'm getting there! I wore some pants yesterday that I need to wash and put in the giveaway bag. They were falling off!

Have a great Monday everyone!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: debbi1972
Thanks for your response Leo41.
To begin my journey with this I was going to try just meat alone(including chicken & fish aswell), just to see if that gives me a bit more of a jump start before incorporating eggs & cheese. I just wasn't sure about the amounts I should be consuming. I am starting day 1 with some home made meatballs and thought eating a few throughout the day to equal 6 smaller meals might work best.
Here's hoping I'm off to a good start!
debbi1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starzmom
I"ve lost well on Stillman's before and would like to again. I'm wanting to drop 60 pounds total. I'm in and I'm going to stay Stillman's on Thanksgiving as well.
ReAlly I can relate, I feel clear and balanced on Stillman's as well with little or no hunger. (This is why it works for me)
debbi, I'm hoping you're off to a great start (and me too)
Starzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #56
Senior LCF member

Debbie- That seems like a good plan!

Starzmom- I know exactly what you mean when you describing how great you feel doing Stillman's. I've never eaten 'high fat' as some low carbers do, and I feel fine eating very low carb. But when I totally minimize fat with Stillman's I find that I feel exceptionally energized and clear headed.

I know that 'high fat' is the latest low-carb craze, but it doesn't work for me at all--and I feel dreadful if I try to eat that way.

IMO, the key to weight management is finding what works best for you personally.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

My first cheat meal went well I over indulged a little having an extra piece of lasagna when I wasn't hungry anymore and I did have a small piece of cake. I was up .5 lbs today so not bad but I was pretty sick last night and sometimes it takes my body til the next day to kinda even out so tomorrow morning we will see what I really gained or stayed the same or what.

I wish I could tell myself to stop eating when I was no longer hungry. With stills it works because I am bored with my food but I find on cheat meals even if they are planned I still want to eat more like the extra slice of lasagna or the cake when I was already full. I guess it took me a while to get to this way of thinking so its going to take me a while to get that mentality to go away too. Sometimes I can be good so I just have to keep plugging along until sometimes becomes most of the time and then all of the time.

Does anyone work out on stills right now? I am fairly active in the summer but as soon as winter rolls around I become a lazy blob that doesn't want to leave the house. We had a blizzard here Saturday and it went from no snow to more than a foot of snow over the weekend but I am getting antsy in the house and the only workout I do now it walking up and down the stairs at school.

I want to do something that will just kinda help tone me up a little on my upper body as by bottom half is fairly toned (I actually wish my legs were less muscular but its just the way I am) does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 11-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome new folks ! Eat up ! Study up and read the stickies !

IMHO eat until sated. Period. It works. It takes no counting or calculating. Trust your body. Once the carbs are gone the auto off switch returns to your body.

Mar, I used to walk but since DH retiremant I don't. It sucks. And I don't go anything unless I have to when it's below 30F out.

feeling better, wondering if it was food poisoning......I have a suspect steak......

Last edited by CCGirl; 11-12-2012 at 06:06 PM..
Old 11-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O Mim YAY on the donate bag pants ! Now THAT feels way better than any food will !!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sleep tite skinnies !!!!!!!!!

still lusting after Leos sprouts and bacon, mmmmmmmmmm............