Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   How much are you eating each day? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/786728-how-much-you-eating-each-day.html)

zenpeacock 10-17-2012 09:42 AM

How much are you eating each day?

I've been tracking my food the last 3 weeks, and I'm seeing an odd pattern. I seem to see losses on the scale when I eat more the day before. For example the website said my calorie goal each day is 1200 to lose weight, which many people consider very low. I'm not an expert, so I have no idea. However, I'm finding that most days I'm logging in 600 - 900 calories for the whole day.

The only time I've gotten above that is when I have off-plan veggies, an adult beverage or a carb-master yogurt, and even then, I barely make it to 1200 or just over.

Does anyone track their food? The highest calorie/fat item I eat at any given meal is ground turkey.
I can't say how, since it's the dryest, most tasteless thing in the world no matter how I prepare it. I'm so over ground turkey. ... I found a great deal at Sams earlier this month and bought WAY too much. Ugggh :sick:

I'm just curious if anyone else has noticed anything similar.
Thanks!

BrattyS 10-17-2012 10:08 AM

I had to laugh at the ground turkey talk. I feel that way about chicken. I just can't force myself to eat it anymore. :sick:

I do not watch any nutrition information anymore except carbs. I used to and when I did my calories averaged 600-900.

My average day now is

A large tilapia fillet made in a pan with margarine (Breakfast)
Turkey patty about 5 ouces No fat to cook and a very tiny amount of mustard on them. (Lunch and Dinner)
I was also eating a large dill pickle in the evening but not the last few days.

zenpeacock 10-17-2012 10:39 AM

Wow, that's no a whole lot of food. I thought I wasn't eating much.

I eat HB eggs for breakfast most days - and often only eat the whites when I can't get the good free-range eggs from a local farm. The yolks of grocery store eggs taste odd to me.

Lunch is usually a can of tuna with a HB egg and some mustard mixed together.
Or, a grilled chicken breast.
Or, some ground turkey or turkey burger. *blech*

Dinner is more of the same, lately it's been tilapia filets cooked in foil pouches with herbs and a squirt of fresh lemon juice. Pretty good.

I've been trying to have dinner before 7pm, which is hard some nights. But when we do, then we go and walk for an hour or so. And when I climb into bed my stomach is making noises like it's hungry, but I'm not terribly hungry, it's just loud. But I've grown fond of that sound, I usually wake to a new low number the following morning. I like to think it's my body snacking on all my stored blubber. :hyst:

Mar922 10-17-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenpeacock (Post 16021824)

I've been trying to have dinner before 7pm, which is hard some nights. But when we do, then we go and walk for an hour or so. And when I climb into bed my stomach is making noises like it's hungry, but I'm not terribly hungry, it's just loud. But I've grown fond of that sound, I usually wake to a new low number the following morning. I like to think it's my body snacking on all my stored blubber. :hyst:

I like that feeling too and I always think good body eat the fat! haha

BrattyS 10-17-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenpeacock (Post 16021824)
Wow, that's no a whole lot of food. I thought I wasn't eating much.

I eat HB eggs for breakfast most days - and often only eat the whites when I can't get the good free-range eggs from a local farm. The yolks of grocery store eggs taste odd to me.

Lunch is usually a can of tuna with a HB egg and some mustard mixed together.
Or, a grilled chicken breast.
Or, some ground turkey or turkey burger. *blech*

Dinner is more of the same, lately it's been tilapia filets cooked in foil pouches with herbs and a squirt of fresh lemon juice. Pretty good.

Your meals look good to me. I used to eat more eggs but they started making me feel bloated and nauseous.

I about spit my drink on my monitor when you said your body was snacking on your blubber. :laugh:

zenpeacock 10-17-2012 12:04 PM

Ha! Well? What is happening to all my fat? It has to go someplace!