Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: trendyl
STILLMAN DIET THREAD- OCTOBER 2012

Hi all,
Is there going to be a monthly support group for October for QWL? I need to start on the 1st. Am starting off with 151 pounds and want to get down to 125-130 however I think I need some support.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
They usually make the thread on the firt on the month, jump onto the September thread and they will let you know when October one will start!

The September Thread is called : Remember Stillman's QWL for September !!!!
Old 09-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Thanks!
Old 10-01-2012, 04:45 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Woops, been posting in the September thread....

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam
Mar and Mim: You guys only went off the rails one day! I took a leave of absence for over a week! The scale shows it, too. I'm up +8.8 and my new plaid shorts (which I wore a few days ago) won't button!

I'm feeling and looking very pudgy and porky. But, I have to admit it was worth it. Too many empty calories and lots of carbs.

It's time to knock it off now, literally. I have only 12 days until leaving for a 10 day trip to Florida.

It's my SIL's (DH's sis) 50th wedding anniversary celebration. She is and always has been skinny. She obsesses about it and brags about it although I think it has more to do with genetics than anything.

She always tells me "When I need to lose a few pounds I make my evening meal a little lighter and don't eat brownies for a few days. It drops right off."

She says it as if she thinks that would work for everyone. Really bugs me!

She actually says that?!! Sorry Yam, she makes me laugh! Yep, just don't eat brownies for a few days...why didn't I think of that!
Old 10-01-2012, 04:46 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Its a coldish wet day here....we did not have much of a summer either but I will not do the typical British thing and complain....I will put my wellies on and go find a puddle to jump in!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #6
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Yam - I wouldn't mind the weight gain if I had been sipping yummy drinks on the beach! My weight came from a binge that included food that are so not worth it!

I am a pound above my pre-binge weight. I hope to lose it by tomorrow's weigh in! Whatever the scale says though, I'm back in the zone and feeling good. The bloat is gone!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
MMS: Yes! She actually says that!!!! Just don't eat brownies for a few days and you will lose all the weight you want. I have not had a brownie in over 5 years!!!!! Am I doing something wrong??

MIM: Yay for getting rid of the bloat! Did I say I had a Pina Colada and I haven't had one of those in 40 years? I had Mai Tais every day. Some of them were complimentary when we went to shows. Some were really inexpensive because of "happy hour" times.

DH loves Mai Tais. I never usually drink any kind of alcohol except for wine. I consumed my share of that, too!

I guess you are right and that's why I'm not beating myself up or having any regrets. The gain will be gone in a week but the fun memories will last a lifetime for sure. Or, at least until next year. ha!

OK, Peeps! You gotta keep me accountable, K? I promised myself I would go to the gym and the pool every day this week. Today I'm planning to go at 1:00 p.m. I want to make myself do 60 minutes of cardio on the eliptical and also swim at least 10 laps (very long pool). I want to do it every day this week.

I was looking back in my journal and at times when I was doing intense cardio a couple of days later I usually saw a whoosh downward on the scale. And, my legs were much less flabby!

So, bug me about the gym!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 10-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #8
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Ok Yam! Get going! Remember the true reason you are doing this - to show up your SIL!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CoCo
Stats: Ex: 175/157/135
WOE: QWL
Start Date: June 11th 2012
Hi all,
I've been missing in action for months. I tried all sorts of diets and now I am back.
I did Stillmans back in June for 10 days and loss 10.2lbs. I looked back at my records and that is the best I have ever done! I stopped because I got concerned about all the protein and it's effects. I think that being overweight is worst then anything else on my body, so here I go. I'm staying on Stills till I hit my goal, I need your help to do this!
I started this morning @ 164.0

mini goals:
under 150 by boo day, Oct 31st
under 140 by New Years Eve
under 135 by Valentines Day
under 130 by my B-day 3/24/15
under 120 by the 4th of July, goal
I might go for another 5 pounds. Well see.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Happy October, everyone.

Pina Coladas, mmmmmm. Mai Tai, mmmmmm. Brownies, mmmmm.

You folks are making me hungry, and thirsty, lol.

But I'm staying away from that stuff!

Weighed in this morning to get my September loss total, and was sorry to see only 4.6 lbs for entire month

But truth to tell, our Disney vacation was in there (planned cheats) as well as a trip back to Nebraska for a wedding (without cheats, but lots of salty convenience foods) and then our dining patterns have just been a mess this month with getting our new condo renovated & packing up old condo (as well as having to leave at odd times for showings because it's for sale.) So anyway, I guess I'm satisfied I lost given the amount of days we've been over on fat/calories...other than 3 days at Disney the rest of the month was "legal" Atkins and even a few real Stillman's days in there.

Here's hoping October will be better losing month...really want to get some good losses going before Thanksgiving in November. We're done with the moving, mostly settled and now can get a better handle on the meal prep and have a lot more Stillman's meals!

Hope you all have a great week

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5
Old 10-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Hey guys! Wanted to report in my current results...down 8 pounds in 13 days!! I leave for Hawaii on Saturday so only 4 full days to go of strict stillmans. Sounds like everyone is doing great here
Old 10-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
Hey guys! Wanted to report in my current results...down 8 pounds in 13 days!! I leave for Hawaii on Saturday so only 4 full days to go of strict stillmans. Sounds like everyone is doing great here

Good job on sticking with it so well before your trip...and I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time in Hawaii!
Old 10-02-2012, 04:19 AM   #13
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Today is weigh in and while I'm still half a pound up, I did lose 6.5 for the month. When I totaled it up I felt better. It actually worked out to that loss over 3 weeks, since this past week was spent re-losing what I gained because of a one day binge! It is good to see the numbers because I am determined to lose at least that before I leave for Disney! I have just under 3 weeks. Happy Tuesday!
Old 10-02-2012, 04:26 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
survived day one with not cheats, binges or emotional eating, yay! i find that the first couple of days are usually the hardest, then the results keep you sticking with it. i tried to commit to a two wek challenge the week before last and stress at work got the best of me. :/....here's to a great tuesday, ladies + gents

is anyone going to be working out? that's what i did last time and it helped...i was thinking of doing some Callanetics a few times a week since it's low-impact...
Old 10-02-2012, 04:28 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Good morning all, hi COCO !!!!!!!!!!! you'll be at goal in no time !

MMS, it seems your weather is ours as of late, another batch of chilly rain coming our way.......

Yam, love the avi pic !!!!!!!!!

well, the drama contrinues with the stepchildren calling my mom and one son going off the deep end, supposedly binge drinking (he's been in AA for years), but no confrontation like driving by the house........DH forbids me to go without a restraining order in place.......

dang, I haven't traveled since starting the business six years ago, gotta take your shoes off and only one carry on, sheeeeeeeesh
Old 10-02-2012, 04:28 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hi Kissa !!!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:36 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
krissakris- I'm excercising...running 3 miles 3 times a week and doing hot yoga. I'm in deep ketosis so I find it easy to excercise now I'm keto-adapted. I have a never ending supply of energy from my fat stores. give it 2 weeks before doing any strenuous excercise to get fully keto-adapted. It's very hard to do it in the beginning when you coming off carbs.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:22 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Yummy syrup flavors...

Hello, Tuesday...hope everyone is doing well today.

I had to add fat-free greek yogurt (medical reasons...desperately need the calcium because the meds I take for the COPD are really not good for bones, and also 'cause I need the active cultures in the yogurt; again a side effect of the COPD med is gut issues.) Doc suggested cheese or yogurt, because he said calcium supplements do not get utilized by the body nearly as well as calcium in food and he recommended addition of dairy. I know cheese is a good source of calcium, but it really stalls me out: retain water, and way too easy to over-eat cheese (really, an ounce of cheese is such a SMALL piece,how can you eat just one ounce)

Problem is, I hate plain yogurt Love the fruit flavored versions and the dessert-flavored choices but even the diet versions of those are higher carbs than the plain greek yogurt, or they're using aspertame to sweeten which gives me headaches. Plus, they package it in smaller serving sizes and charge more, in order to serve us better.

Then I thought of adding Torani or Da Vinci syrup...I had some raspberry Da Vinci SF, so I stirred some in as an experiment. OH YUM!

Soooo, I hopped on the netrition shopping site and ordered a bunch of flavors...blueberry, pumpkin pie, salted caramel, peach and chocolate chip cookie dough. OMG! Now I have to stop myself from eating too much yogurt, lol. The fruit flavored versions are wonderful in the morning with breakfast...and the dessert-sweets flavors are fabulous in the evening for dinner-dessert or mid-evening snack. Now it does take a fair amount of the syrup to get a good flavor going in the yogurt (I'd say it's several tablespoons, maybe 4? in a 1/2 cup serving.) But oh, I'm thinking it's yogurt heaven around here now. If you're having yogurt or cottage cheese with your STillman's /Dukan/Paleo with dairy...and you use artificial sweeteners, give the syrups a try when you're craving fruit or dessert flavors. Yummo!

So far, the addition of yogurt is not causing a gain (which is good, because I really, really need it.) ...I'm still losing, bit by bit.

Last edited by catne; 10-02-2012 at 07:25 AM..
Old 10-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo View Post
Hi all,
I've been missing in action for months. I tried all sorts of diets and now I am back.
I did Stillmans back in June for 10 days and loss 10.2lbs. I looked back at my records and that is the best I have ever done! I stopped because I got concerned about all the protein and it's effects. I think that being overweight is worst then anything else on my body, so here I go. I'm staying on Stills till I hit my goal, I need your help to do this!
We are starting are more or less the same weight, and our past weights and goal weights are the same too! Lets keep each other accountable til we are both at our goal weight I have 2 thanks giving dinners this weekend so I won't be 100%on Stills til next Tuesday but I can stay on until those meals and then back on after.

I will have some bad stuff at the dinners like potatoes and stuffing but I promise everyone I will stay away from the sweets!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
We are starting are more or less the same weight, and our past weights and goal weights are the same too! Lets keep each other accountable til we are both at our goal weight I have 2 thanks giving dinners this weekend so I won't be 100%on Stills til next Tuesday but I can stay on until those meals and then back on after.

I will have some bad stuff at the dinners like potatoes and stuffing but I promise everyone I will stay away from the sweets!
Hi mar922, we are very close to the same weight. However I made a mistake on my starting weight it was 165.2, that was very hard to say!

Here is the good news, this morning really I was 164.0, so I'm down 1.2 in one day.

My 1st day was good, but I felt very hungry so I at more then I know I should have. All protein!

Maybe this was a cheat, I had one laughing cow cheese section with a tablespoon of walden farms pancake syrup heated it up in the mircro it was good!

I'm going to try to stick to POP today even if I have to eat more then I would like too.

Ok, stay away from the sweets!! that means both of us!
We can do this. By the way, I am 5'2" short and much older then lovely you.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Good morning all, hi COCO !!!!!!!!!!! you'll be at goal in no time !

MMS, it seems your weather is ours as of late, another batch of chilly rain coming our way.......

Yam, love the avi pic !!!!!!!!!

well, the drama contrinues with the stepchildren calling my mom and one son going off the deep end, supposedly binge drinking (he's been in AA for years), but no confrontation like driving by the house........DH forbids me to go without a restraining order in place.......

dang, I haven't traveled since starting the business six years ago, gotta take your shoes off and only one carry on, sheeeeeeeesh
Hi CCgirl, thanks for the encouragement!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Am on my second day and trying to get through this - I hope it gets easier in time - since yesterday I lost .8 pounds - hope I can do at least that number every day
Old 10-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

I need some advise,

My honey is taking me to Victoria BC for 3 night. It is not for another 12 days. We will be staying in a nice condo with a full kitchen so I can fix meals. But, he will want to go out to eat at lease once or twist.

Should I try to stay POP the whole time? Should I have just meat and low carb veggies? Should I go off plan and then right on, when I get back?

Any help or suggestions from the professionals?

I can't believe I lost 1.2 pounds in one day!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #24
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Hi CoCo. My preference is to stay on plan as much as possible. I feel better when I do that. When away, on plan usually means meat, low carb veggies and dry wine once in awhile. Everyone is different, so do what feels right for you!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
MMS: Yes! She actually says that!!!! Just don't eat brownies for a few days and you will lose all the weight you want. I have not had a brownie in over 5 years!!!!! Am I doing something wrong??

MIM: Yay for getting rid of the bloat! Did I say I had a Pina Colada and I haven't had one of those in 40 years? I had Mai Tais every day. Some of them were complimentary when we went to shows. Some were really inexpensive because of "happy hour" times.

DH loves Mai Tais. I never usually drink any kind of alcohol except for wine. I consumed my share of that, too!

I guess you are right and that's why I'm not beating myself up or having any regrets. The gain will be gone in a week but the fun memories will last a lifetime for sure. Or, at least until next year. ha!

OK, Peeps! You gotta keep me accountable, K? I promised myself I would go to the gym and the pool every day this week. Today I'm planning to go at 1:00 p.m. I want to make myself do 60 minutes of cardio on the eliptical and also swim at least 10 laps (very long pool). I want to do it every day this week.

I was looking back in my journal and at times when I was doing intense cardio a couple of days later I usually saw a whoosh downward on the scale. And, my legs were much less flabby!

So, bug me about the gym!
Too funny. I too have to start training and will be hitting the weights tomorrow....nothing too heavy, just want to tone up....So plan tomorrow is half an our of pilates (strengthen the core) and then on to weights. I am so unfit I need to build it up slowly. I'll bug you if you bug me. Report on what we have done tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Ok Yam! Get going! Remember the true reason you are doing this - to show up your SIL!
Motivation in itself!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo View Post
Hi all,
Hi CoCo....you are in the wright place for help....lots of support here!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
Old 10-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Today is weigh in and while I'm still half a pound up, I did lose 6.5 for the month. When I totaled it up I felt better. It actually worked out to that loss over 3 weeks, since this past week was spent re-losing what I gained because of a one day binge! It is good to see the numbers because I am determined to lose at least that before I leave for Disney! I have just under 3 weeks. Happy Tuesday!
Well done Mim.... you will do it I'm sure!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
survived day one with not cheats, binges or emotional eating, yay! i find that the first couple of days are usually the hardest, then the results keep you sticking with it. i tried to commit to a two wek challenge the week before last and stress at work got the best of me. :/....here's to a great tuesday, ladies + gents

is anyone going to be working out? that's what i did last time and it helped...i was thinking of doing some Callanetics a few times a week since it's low-impact...
First few days can be a challange so well done. I will be doing some light weights and pilates.
Closed Thread