Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 03:04 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
i all. i'm still doing my vegan/vegetarian dr. stillmans stuff, although i added eggs in this last week as i'm getting use to a new job and it's hard to keep enough food in during the day. eggs are easy snacks to prepare at home and take to work and eat during the day. remember i was doing the inches off diet with dr. stillman and it works!!!! although it's the exact opposite of the quick weight loss diet. for me, this new way of eating is just awesome. there is still a lot of trial and error, but i remain on the very low weight side of my goal weight. i think for me it's been such a gift, as i use to be vegetarian, so i slipped right into this way of eating as if i was born to eat this way. if i'm feeling a little tired or cold, i do a couple days of high fat higher protein-then switch back to inches off. everyone here is doing so.............well! keep it up. the QWL dr. stillmans does wonders and it's fast. love it.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Thats Bones he is a 110 lb Labradoodle, I got him as a rescue but I heard there was a guy in southern MB (where I live) that was using a 100lb standard poodle to breed labradoodles so I am convinced that is where he is from because every other labradoodle I have seen is about 60lbs

My other dog is a small sheppard cross terrier she was supposed to be big but she's only 55lbs but she can take playing with the bones so its all good.

I would love a Pitbull but they are not allowed within city limits here, which is a shame as they are fantastic dogs!
Bones is awesome looking. Big dogs are such sweeties. We got lucky. Two blocks from our house, pit bulls are banned. Our whole state has been trying to pass a ban of them but so far have not succeeded. Just a few country have done it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
I know myself, and I'm not a 'one-bite' person--and I admire those that are. One bite of cake, and I want to eat not my entire slice--but the entire cake! So I abstain.

Here's how I see it (borrowing an analogy of a friend)--In my obese life, I had a passionate relationship with food. It's impossible to truly break up totally because of that basic physical need for sustenance (unlike the total abstinence possible for an alcoholic), but I'm doomed if I keep the 'romance' alive. I need to make food a casual acquaintance rather than a object of affection. Keeping my distance and objectivity is the only way for me to maintain a healthy relationship with food.
That is SO me. And once I eat the 'cake' I don't stop. I stay on a binge for weeks. Some day I will be different. Until then I have to maintain your friends analogy for food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
i all. i'm still doing my vegan/vegetarian dr. stillmans stuff, although i added eggs in this last week as i'm getting use to a new job and it's hard to keep enough food in during the day. eggs are easy snacks to prepare at home and take to work and eat during the day. remember i was doing the inches off diet with dr. stillman and it works!!!! although it's the exact opposite of the quick weight loss diet. for me, this new way of eating is just awesome. there is still a lot of trial and error, but i remain on the very low weight side of my goal weight. i think for me it's been such a gift, as i use to be vegetarian, so i slipped right into this way of eating as if i was born to eat this way. if i'm feeling a little tired or cold, i do a couple days of high fat higher protein-then switch back to inches off. everyone here is doing so.............well! keep it up. the QWL dr. stillmans does wonders and it's fast. love it.
It is good to see you and know that your are doing well! Keep it up and keep checking in.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
Old 10-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Mar my cats were rescued kittens .... they are two years old now and have two rooms on the top floors .... I have a large town house ....
They have cat lounges and kitty caboodles & tubes and window seats loll the kitty playground was furnished by my bfs uncle who is a carpentar .... mar yes it is French for gravy loll I had steak au poivre tonight with zucchini ribbons a
glass of cabernet sauvignon .... berries with creme fraiche .... I had so much shopping and sight seeing ground zero
The freedom tower is almost complete and beautiful .... I hope after all this I can look good in my riding hood lol
I had 9 dogs (7 rescues) in my 600 sq ft house last year I think 4 cats would be just as hard but maybe because I feel like my cat is 4 times more work than one of my dogs lol!

I didn't know Glace was french for gravy in Canada the french just call it gravy haha but Canadian French is kind of a mix up sometimes, we go to France and they will just speak English to us because our French isn't as good as theirs haha

It will be worth it for the costume, I am going as a tooth fairy and would like to be at the weight I was last Halloween so I look cute in my tutu! I was about 145 I always bounced up and down 148-143 pounds in maintenance so if I can get to 148 I will be happy and able to fit my winter clothes again!
Old 10-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Re: "I wish I could do that! I can eat well on a bday but not on vacation. . . ."

It took me a very long time to get to this place. My weight-loss journey was a long one, and over time I realized that my health and fitness is more important than the taste of any specific food. Because I lose so very slowly--and gain so quickly--I gained 7 lbs in a one-week vacation early on, and it took me over 2 months to lose that gain--I decided then that I needed to re-consider my attitude toward food and pleasure.

I know myself, and I'm not a 'one-bite' person--and I admire those that are. One bite of cake, and I want to eat not my entire slice--but the entire cake! So I abstain.

Here's how I see it (borrowing an analogy of a friend)--In my obese life, I had a passionate relationship with food. It's impossible to truly break up totally because of that basic physical need for sustenance (unlike the total abstinence possible for an alcoholic), but I'm doomed if I keep the 'romance' alive. I need to make food a casual acquaintance rather than a object of affection. Keeping my distance and objectivity is the only way for me to maintain a healthy relationship with food.
I used yo used the term abstinence is easier than perfect moderation and that is pretty much what I am like, I am not bad with cake and stuff but anything salty I will devour 1 chip always becomes an entire family sized bag of chips!

I will have to remember that relationship analogy, I kind of think of it as bad eating was like an ex bf that was a jerk (chips, ice cream,bad for me but I kept eating it ) and this eating low carb and healthier is my newer bf that treats me well and cares about my well being (low carb eating making me healthy) Its the same thing but different ( healthy relationship vs bad relationship), is that kind of what you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreem View Post
Have you done measurements?

keep checking in and keeping us posted and good luck on your new job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Bones is awesome looking. Big dogs are such sweeties. We got lucky. Two blocks from our house, pit bulls are banned. Our whole state has been trying to pass a ban of them but so far have not succeeded. Just a few country have done it.
Yeah he is a bigger suck than any small lap dog I know!

The pit bull ban is something we are trying to remove here but its hard work I really wish ppl would just realize its the owner not necessarily the dog ( sometimes there are bad dogs just like bad ppl but that is not usually the case), I do rescue I have fostered dogs so terrified they look comatose or puppies so terrified they wouldn't go near ppl and would bark and growl but after being in a home with no abuse and love they were just like normal dogs! happy to please and they loved cuddling!
Old 10-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #245
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Mar922- "this eating low carb and healthier is my newer bf that treats me well and cares about my well being (low carb eating making me healthy) Its the same thing but different ( healthy relationship vs bad relationship), is that kind of what you mean?"

YES! This is exactly what I mean. And haven't you known women who have returned to the 'bad bf'? We know how self-destructive that is, and it's the same with food.

My goal is to make good choices--for myself. Food is just one among many choices--like staying within my budget and keeping up with my housekeeping--that I make on a daily basis. Because so many of us have 'food issues,' we tend to think of that as some monster problem, but we continually make choices to maintain our lives in a good place, and food is just one among many. I think that context helps.

Last edited by Leo41; 10-14-2012 at 01:04 PM..
Old 10-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Today was hard. I have been wanting off plan food all day. I am not hungry. I just want to eat it.

I hate having food issues...Things are going really good right now and I will not fail myself again.

Hopefully tomorrow is easier.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Today was hard. I have been wanting off plan food all day. I am not hungry. I just want to eat it.

I hate having food issues...Things are going really good right now and I will not fail myself again.

Hopefully tomorrow is easier.
I feel the same way today! I had fish for dinner and I think when I did stills before fish always made me want to eat off plan so I had some extra fat today, if it makes me stall but keeps me on plan I will be happy!
Old 10-15-2012, 05:46 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I feel the same way today! I had fish for dinner and I think when I did stills before fish always made me want to eat off plan so I had some extra fat today, if it makes me stall but keeps me on plan I will be happy!
I have noticed that when I am put in a situation to watch other people eat food I can't, the next day is hard for me. Like a mini revolt for not getting yummy things the day before.
It happens everytime... The fat girl in me is throwing a tantrum.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:01 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zenpeacock
Stats: 205/198/150
WOE: VLC
Start Date: Restart 1/2/14
Hey All, glad to see everyone doing so well!

I didn't have the best Stillman's weekend - but it could've been worse. Saturday was 10 days straight with no cheats, but that night my fiance wanted pizza and beer. I don't blame him, I'd want it too!

I didn't have any pizza, but I did enjoy a couple of LC beers. And by a couple, I mean 6. I did wash them down with lots of water, but I totally did not want to step on the scale Sunday. So I didn't.

I ate well all day Sunday, until it came time for dinner and I just HAD to have some BROCCOLI! OMG, I never knew it was so amazingly delicious! It was like manna from heaven. So good and totally worth it.

My weight hasn't changed, which I guess is good. Here's hoping that this week I'll be another loser!
Old 10-15-2012, 07:50 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
good Monday morning, all.

Back in Florida after a weekend in Kansas City (KS area) had a great visit with a friend from high school (WAY back), lunch with my Sis & her partner, and then the wedding (daughter in law's twin sister got married) so got to see my son & DIL, too. Decided to stay Atkins all weekend. Lot of visiting, lot of restaurant food (and airport food too--scrounging for LC at KC airport -- felt like a hunter-gatherer going from one airport fast-food place to the next looking for the chicken caesar salad with the biggest portion of chicken) Had a fabulous prime rib at Hereford House in Leawood KS...if you're ever in the KC metro, and looking for excellent beef, try Hereford House. There's several locations around KC. Absolutely OUTSTANDING meat there.

Good news is even with all that excess sodium in the restaurant foods all weekend, and a bit of LC cocktail/wine action, as well as the higher fat all weekend, and way more salad than I've been used to eating, AND the excess water I get while flying (ankles & legs totally turn into sponges and FILL with fluids when I'm traveling) Even with all that, I was only up .8 lbs this AM. YIPPEE! Thinking that will soon be eliminated and I'll slide back into losing mode.

Hope you're all set for a glorious Fall losing week...I'm heading to the grocery store to stock up on my Stillman's essentials.

Should be easy shopping, lol.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 10-15-2012 at 07:52 AM..
Old 10-15-2012, 08:37 AM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have noticed that when I am put in a situation to watch other people eat food I can't, the next day is hard for me. Like a mini revolt for not getting yummy things the day before.
It happens everytime... The fat girl in me is throwing a tantrum.
just teach that girl to be happy on meat!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpeacock View Post
Hey All, glad to see everyone doing so well!

I didn't have the best Stillman's weekend - but it could've been worse. Saturday was 10 days straight with no cheats, but that night my fiance wanted pizza and beer. I don't blame him, I'd want it too!

I didn't have any pizza, but I did enjoy a couple of LC beers. And by a couple, I mean 6. I did wash them down with lots of water, but I totally did not want to step on the scale Sunday. So I didn't.

I ate well all day Sunday, until it came time for dinner and I just HAD to have some BROCCOLI! OMG, I never knew it was so amazingly delicious! It was like manna from heaven. So good and totally worth it.

My weight hasn't changed, which I guess is good. Here's hoping that this week I'll be another loser!
Broccoli although technically a cheat by stillmans standards is really not that bad last time I did stills all I wanted was stirfry and I felt bad and like I was cheating but then I was like oh wait it was healthy and I think it only had like 9 carbs in the end too haha
Old 10-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Good news is even with all that excess sodium in the restaurant foods all weekend, and a bit of LC cocktail/wine action, as well as the higher fat all weekend, and way more salad than I've been used to eating, AND the excess water I get while flying (ankles & legs totally turn into sponges and FILL with fluids when I'm traveling) Even with all that, I was only up .8 lbs this AM. YIPPEE! Thinking that will soon be eliminated and I'll slide back into losing mode..
with all that you will probably be down a lb or more once all the water weight comes off. Salad always makes me gain because I think the lettuce holds water in my system until its gone
Old 10-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Whew back home and back on Stillman's I lost 4 lbs yayyyyy! I feel he need to reward myself with chocolate I have a
box of Perguina chocolates that a customer gave me and it taunts me .... I will pass them along to someone skinny lol

Yesterday in New York City was a busy day on Broadway the theatre district is exciting! For breakfast we went to a
cafe bar I have had a few espresso machiato .... lunch was at Katz deli I ordered a reuban to share and our dinner was at an Italian place that had a steak my mom would make Bistec Florentine and a glass of Chianti and we shared an
insalate Caprese .... I lost weight from walking I know it I ate more carbohydrate for sure .... I drank so much water too.... tomorrow is yoga I will suck in my gut loll I will be a chubby lil red in my hood but every bit less that I was last Halloween ....

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !

Last edited by Angelstill; 10-15-2012 at 09:56 AM..
Old 10-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo View Post
I'm sure of it! I think your right about the water, I do seem to lose better when I drink more.
Deffo, lots of water, herbal tea etc.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Hi everyone. Sorry I have to be so MIA lately. I got back from Seattle yesterday and am packing for Florida today.

Just wanted to pop in and report that all my Hawaii vacation gain is gone and it took another .6 with it. So, YAY!

I'm ready to move onward and downward! I had filet mignon two days in a row and am thinking today I might make it three! So good! Hoorah for protein!
Hi Yam...great news, you go girl!
Old 10-15-2012, 11:22 AM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
hiya losers ! Things are looking up around here! Congrats to all !
What she said.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Today was most difficult .... breakfast espresso /2 poached eggs Lunch beef broth low sodium and lean beef cut into
cubes some green tea and water.... dinner/ same as lunch oh boring .... I am going to take a walk in the rain I have my boots and my Mac (rain coat) ready .... not letting the weather keep me from walking and burning it off ....
Old 10-16-2012, 02:58 AM   #259
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Ashley- You commented that it was especially difficult when "I am put in a situation to watch other people eat food I can't. . . ."

That's feeling deprived, the shortest route to weight-loss failure (long term), IMO.

I would say, "I watch people eat food that I don't eat." [not can't]

In other words, I can eat anything I choose--but I choose to eat food that will promote my goal of effective weight management. I try to focus on the positive (I choose wisely for myself), rather than the negative (I wish I could eat that stuff).

It may seem to be just semantics, but it makes a big different in how I deal with social situations involving food.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:30 AM   #260
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I am not sure if I am coming or going lately! And I've been having a hard time staying on plan. But I'm not gaining (much) so that is a good thing! I'm planning to be on plan from now until I head out Sunday for Disney. And then at Disney I'll stay on plan as much as possible. I haven't strayed too far from plan but I need to get back on 100%!

CC - how is your mum?
Old 10-16-2012, 05:02 AM   #261
Senior LCF Member

hi mim,
angelstill-beautiful avatar!

i'm doing eggs today, with some nuts, so it will be a higher fat and more protein day than lately. i was feeling a little carby or puffy yesterday, not weight gain, just like i need to clean out the carbs for a couple days. this way of eating is much easier at work than vegan, but i'm going to go back and forth between the two, which is what dr stillmans recommended during maintenance. i actually love the pure QWL stillmans eating plan, too!!!
Old 10-16-2012, 05:04 AM   #262
Senior LCF Member

alan, too bad about skipping the summer weather this year. i'm on the east coast in the US. would love to move south and be in hot weather all year round.

got to go. have a great day everyone! stay on plan. Stillmans works!!!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:07 AM   #263
Senior LCF Member

188.4 Finally well into the 180s and feeling goooood

I probably held onto a bunch of water/fat from drinking those LC beers last weekend, but at least I'm seeing downward movement again! That's almost 10lbs. since 10/3. I'm still amazed at how great this plan works.

A couple other NSVs:

I went shopping in my closet and pulled out 3 brand new pairs of levis in a full size smaller (14) than I had been wearing the beginning of the month (16). Literally, like I never took the tags off, brand new (clearance bargains). Not only did they fit, but NOW they are saggy and loose all over. I imagine it will only be a matter of time until I'm going shopping in my closet again for all those size 12's that have been untouched for years. (I love my Levis, and I have an entire Jean Store in my closet from size 6 to 18 - granted, I haven't seen a 6 since I was 21, and I'd be happy with a 12 for now!)

And after many years of hiding beneath chub, my cheekbones are back!

I just had to share, it's been SO LONG since I've had such progress. I finally feel like I can do this, like I have control. I can see the results of my efforts, and that is a lovely thing.

Happy Tuesday!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:00 AM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FitMommyNow
Stats: 280/235/160
WOE: No Sugar, No Grains, No Dairy, No Nuts
Waving to all you losers!

I fell off plan this weekend when my DD got sick. Not terribly so, just not strict Stillmans. Now, I'm sick with her bug.

Hope to be back to straight protein in a few days.

Keep up the momentum guys!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

up .6 today but that normal fluctuation and the fact that I have been eating extra protein because I am home all the time may have something to do with it. I have midterms this week so I have just been sitting around and studying since Saturday and I will be sitting around at home studying until Friday, lots of sitting and its very easy to eat mindlessly but I haven't had a cheat yet so I am gonna keep plugging away.

Usually when I do no cheats I lose like 7-10 pounds in a week and so far I have only lost 3 and I haven't had a single cheat! I am getting old and my body is getting less efficient haha

Last edited by Mar922; 10-16-2012 at 08:22 AM..
Old 10-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Today was most difficult .... breakfast espresso /2 poached eggs Lunch beef broth low sodium and lean beef cut into
cubes some green tea and water.... dinner/ same as lunch oh boring .... I am going to take a walk in the rain I have my boots and my Mac (rain coat) ready .... not letting the weather keep me from walking and burning it off ....
Hang in there and enjoy your walk! Congrats on the 4 pounds you lost in NY. I'm doing good to do that on strict stills.
Quote:
Ashley- You commented that it was especially difficult when "I am put in a situation to watch other people eat food I can't. . . ."

That's feeling deprived, the shortest route to weight-loss failure (long term), IMO.

In other words, I can eat anything I choose--but I choose to eat food that will promote my goal of effective weight management. I try to focus on the positive (I choose wisely for myself), rather than the negative (I wish I could eat that stuff).

It may seem to be just semantics, but it makes a big different in how I deal with social situations involving food.
I will have to give it a try. It definitely can't hurt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! I am not sure if I am coming or going lately! And I've been having a hard time staying on plan. But I'm not gaining (much) so that is a good thing! I'm planning to be on plan from now until I head out Sunday for Disney. And then at Disney I'll stay on plan as much as possible. I haven't strayed too far from plan but I need to get back on 100%!
Disney, how fun. We went a couple of years ago. You will get a lot of walking in. That should help you burn up some calories.
Quote:
188.4 Finally well into the 180s and feeling goooood

I probably held onto a bunch of water/fat from drinking those LC beers last weekend, but at least I'm seeing downward movement again! That's almost 10lbs. since 10/3. I'm still amazed at how great this plan works.

A couple other NSVs:

I went shopping in my closet and pulled out 3 brand new pairs of levis in a full size smaller (14) than I had been wearing the beginning of the month (16). Literally, like I never took the tags off, brand new (clearance bargains). Not only did they fit, but NOW they are saggy and loose all over. I imagine it will only be a matter of time until I'm going shopping in my closet again for all those size 12's that have been untouched for years. (I love my Levis, and I have an entire Jean Store in my closet from size 6 to 18 - granted, I haven't seen a 6 since I was 21, and I'd be happy with a 12 for now!)

And after many years of hiding beneath chub, my cheekbones are back!

I just had to share, it's been SO LONG since I've had such progress. I finally feel like I can do this, like I have control. I can see the results of my efforts, and that is a lovely thing.

Happy Tuesday!
I am really happy for you! I am the same in the 180s. 14 are loose and 12s are a bit snug. I can not wait to get back there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMommyNow View Post
Waving to all you losers!

I fell off plan this weekend when my DD got sick. Not terribly so, just not strict Stillmans. Now, I'm sick with her bug.

Hope to be back to straight protein in a few days.

Keep up the momentum guys!
Feel better soon. Being on plan it so hard when you are sick.
Quote:
up .6 today but that normal fluctuation and the fact that I have been eating extra protein because I am home all the time may have something to do with it. I have midterms this week so I have just been sitting around and studying since Saturday and I will be sitting around at home studying until Friday, lots of sitting and its very easy to eat mindlessly but I haven't had a cheat yet so I am gonna keep plugging away.

Usually when I do no cheats I lose like 7-10 pounds in a week and so far I have only lost 3 and I haven't had a single cheat! I am getting old and my body is getting less efficient haha
Eating extra protein is better than off plan food. I have been doing the same the last couple of days. Today is better. Good thing because bacon and cheese is not going to help me lose weight.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good thing because bacon and cheese is not going to help me lose weight.
I know I tried that method! Works for some, not for me.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I know I tried that method! Works for some, not for me.
But maybe for maintenance? I sure hope so...
Old 10-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:

and to add to Leo's...every food is a choice. Just ask yourself, "will this food help me keep losing weight? Or will it cause me to gain weight again? Do I want to gain weight? Is this food worth gaining weight?" Consciously thinking it through helps the decision process sometimes.

Last edited by catne; 10-16-2012 at 01:15 PM..
Old 10-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post

and to add to Leo's...every food is a choice. Just ask yourself, "will this food help me keep losing weight? Or will it cause me to gain weight again? Do I want to gain weight? Is this food worth gaining weight?" Consciously thinking it through helps the decision process sometimes.
Logically yes. Most of my brain even agrees with you. I still have a small part of me that just wants to eat and pffft with losing weight. I really like to eat and the foods I like are what got me here.

I am changing and getting stronger everyday. I know one day I will look back on this and ask myself why it took so long to wake up. Right now it is day by day.
Closed Thread