Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Todays menu eggs Benedict no sauce no English muffin. Coffee
lunch water grilled chicken Caesar no croutons dressing on the side
Dinner sparkling water rib eye asparagus sautee in olive oil espresso two strawberries and a plain zero fat Greek yogurt

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Hiyas ! from NYC! you know all those sweet treats are yummy but is it good for you? I love Stillman's it helps me burn unhealthy fat and that carb bloat ....
GOOD LUCK!
Hope you are having a good time! Cake isn't good for me??!!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:30 AM   #213
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I saw 143.5 this morning--the low-end of my maintenance range!

It actually got me a little nervous because this is 10lbs in 6 days--an impossible rate of loss for someone who was already low-carbing and has a very slow metabolism.

However, when I checked my calendar, I realized that I was close to this weight (145) when my hormonal 'issues' drove up my weight. Those problems seem to be resolved now, but I have to credit Stillman for getting me back so quickly. After an episode like this, it is usually a slow slog back to my maintenance range.

I talked to my endo yesterday and went over all my symptoms over the past 2 weeks. His guess is that I've had some kind of virus running through my system that 'triggered' some hormonal quirks because all my symptoms were endocrine-related but too varied and short-term to be an actual problem that needs attention.

I'm glad to be back, still doing strict Stillman, and hoping this virus is gone, and my weight is now stabilized. My usual low carb eating isn't far from Stillman as I keep fat fairly low (I feel best at that level), and if I can get down to 141, I'll gradually transition back to that.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:57 AM   #214
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: janejane40
Stats: 217/211/145, 5'6", 40 yo
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 10/11/12
Ok, so...after my first day on Stillmans I am down 3.5 lbs, that's good, right? I dont' know if most people lose more the first day, but I'm happy with it!
Old 10-12-2012, 06:07 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zenpeacock
Stats: 205/198/150
WOE: VLC
Start Date: Restart 1/2/14
That's awesome! Yes, I've had days like that ... not enough, mind you.

Good job and keep it up! Go you!
Old 10-12-2012, 06:09 AM   #216
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpeacock View Post
That's awesome! Yes, I've had days like that ... not enough, mind you.

Good job and keep it up! Go you!
Thank you so much! I'm excited...I know it's only the first day but I'm feeling encouraged!
Old 10-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zenpeacock
Stats: 205/198/150
WOE: VLC
Start Date: Restart 1/2/14
It's very encouraging. I've never lost so quickly as I have with Stillmans - it's just been over a week for me, and I'm continuing for another and possibly longer.

The last few days I've been down, then up a little, then down. It's frustrating, but it's not permanent, and I have to remember that.

Yesterday I was 189.8 (love!) Today I am 191.0 (boooo!) But I know if I continue to eat clean, drink lots of water and move around at least a little, I'll be back down before the weekend is over.

Moral of the story: don't be discouraged if you see a slight backtrack. Keep on course, it's normal body changes and fluctuations. That's what all the good people on the board have reminded me of, and it's true.

Not only that, but we are more than a number. My happiness will not be ruled by the scale and my value is not based on how little I weigh.

So, happy Friday! Let's make it a great day!
Old 10-12-2012, 06:31 AM   #218
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
It's very encouraging. I've never lost so quickly as I have with Stillmans - it's just been over a week for me, and I'm continuing for another and possibly longer.

The last few days I've been down, then up a little, then down. It's frustrating, but it's not permanent, and I have to remember that.

Yesterday I was 189.8 (love!) Today I am 191.0 (boooo!) But I know if I continue to eat clean, drink lots of water and move around at least a little, I'll be back down before the weekend is over.

Moral of the story: don't be discouraged if you see a slight backtrack. Keep on course, it's normal body changes and fluctuations. That's what all the good people on the board have reminded me of, and it's true.

Not only that, but we are more than a number. My happiness will not be ruled by the scale and my value is not based on how little I weigh.

You are doing so good! And I love the positive attitude! Thank you for the wise words. Yesssss, Happy Friday! Whoot!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:01 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
I saw 143.5 this morning--the low-end of my maintenance range!

It actually got me a little nervous because this is 10lbs in 6 days--an impossible rate of loss for someone who was already low-carbing and has a very slow metabolism.

However, when I checked my calendar, I realized that I was close to this weight (145) when my hormonal 'issues' drove up my weight. Those problems seem to be resolved now, but I have to credit Stillman for getting me back so quickly. After an episode like this, it is usually a slow slog back to my maintenance range.

I talked to my endo yesterday and went over all my symptoms over the past 2 weeks. His guess is that I've had some kind of virus running through my system that 'triggered' some hormonal quirks because all my symptoms were endocrine-related but too varied and short-term to be an actual problem that needs attention.

I'm glad to be back, still doing strict Stillman, and hoping this virus is gone, and my weight is now stabilized. My usual low carb eating isn't far from Stillman as I keep fat fairly low (I feel best at that level), and if I can get down to 141, I'll gradually transition back to that.
I'm happy you were able to get back down fast. I have had friends with thyroid and hormone issues who could never get it leveled out enough to lose much weight. You are doing great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by janejane40 View Post
Ok, so...after my first day on Stillmans I am down 3.5 lbs, that's good, right? I dont' know if most people lose more the first day, but I'm happy with it!
You are doing really good. Keep it up!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:06 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Down another pound today. That is 11 pounds in 9 days. The first few of those days were high fat day.

Tilapia ia my new friend on stillmans. I still can't make myself eat chicken.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CoCo
Stats: Ex: 175/157/135
WOE: QWL
Start Date: June 11th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by janejane40 View Post
Yes that's wonderful, good for you!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hiya losers ! Things are looking up around here! Congrats to all !
Old 10-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:

This is gonna sound gross but sometimes if I see the scale jump up and I was eating on plan it just means I have to poop as I don't do much of that on stills and once that happens everything starts going down again and lost of water helps with making "that" happen
Old 10-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

I am doing a three week no cheats challenge and I just got an unexpected dinner invite for my moms friends 50th normally I would have a little spinach or a caesar salad but I really want to stick with just meat. What dish sounds the best, safest choice?

Goliath Tiger Prawns Baked with Crab
Goliath sized prawns stuffed with dungess crab and baked.
Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Atlantic Sea scallops wrapped with bacon and baked with a thai soya & sesame glaze.
-I am allergic to sesame seeds so I would ask for it without the glaze
Steamed Peel & Eat Shrimp
Always a summer favorite. A pound of freshly steamed shrimp.
Chicken Nova Scotia
Fresh chicken breast stuffed with crab, bay shrimp, pollock & fresh spinach, encrusted with panco breading, topped with dill cream sauce.
-I would ask for it without breading
Fire-Grilled Peppercorn Baseball Sirloin Steak
Well aged Canadian Sirloin.
Always a favorite, lean, thick & juicy done to your liking and topped with peppercorn demi-glace.

I am thinking the steamed shrimp are the least likely to have hidden sugar but I don't know

Normally I would have picked this but I am trying to be good!
Grilled Chicken Florentine
Broiled chicken breast stuffed with goat cheese, fresh spinach & basil.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Bratty I am enjoying the City! Congrats on losing you are definately on track!
Mar I would go with the steak it is low carb and fills you up ! Have fun and enjoy yourself
today my menu
Breakfast/ esspreso / sun eclipsed by the moon/ crazy New York restaurant named this sunnyside
up eggs with melted mozzarella topped with canadian bacon sans toast....
A Vanilla Starbucks Skinny latte for lunch yummy ! A few strawberries dipped in truvia

Dinner broiled salmon in a lemon red pepper butter sauce with a cauliflower mousse
Which was whipped smooth cauliflower some cream and butter I had a glass of Riesling
I walked everywhere in the City and my diet is low carb so I hope the scale still loves me when I get home ....

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !

Last edited by Angelstill; 10-12-2012 at 09:25 PM..
Old 10-13-2012, 01:51 AM   #226
Senior LCF member

Mar- I would definitely go with the steamed shrimp, but that may be just because I love shrimp. It's the dish prepared most simply, and should be totally consistent with Stillman.

I'm worried about my own dinner tonight. I just changed my stats because I saw 143.5 two days in a row--my 'ideal' weight is 143--but my sister is visiting, and we're supposed to go out to dinner tonight. I can usually stay low carb very easily, but staying Stillman's is a challenge. I really want to stay at this weight (or get lower), so I plan to eat very, very carefully.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:31 AM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I am doing a three week no cheats challenge and I just got an unexpected dinner invite for my moms friends 50th normally I would have a little spinach or a caesar salad but I really want to stick with just meat. What dish sounds the best, safest choice?

Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Atlantic Sea scallops wrapped with bacon and baked with a thai soya & sesame glaze.
Chicken Nova Scotia
Fresh chicken breast stuffed with crab, bay shrimp, pollock & fresh spinach, encrusted with panco breading, topped with dill cream sauce.
Always a favorite, lean, thick & juicy done to your liking and topped with peppercorn demi-glace.

I am thinking the steamed shrimp are the least likely to have hidden sugar but I don't know

OMG, one of each, please......
Quote:
Mar- I would definitely go with the steamed shrimp, but that may be just because I love shrimp. It's the dish prepared most simply, and should be totally consistent with Stillman.

I'm worried about my own dinner tonight. I just changed my stats because I saw 143.5 two days in a row--my 'ideal' weight is 143--but my sister is visiting, and we're supposed to go out to dinner tonight. I can usually stay low carb very easily, but staying Stillman's is a challenge. I really want to stay at this weight (or get lower), so I plan to eat very, very carefully.
just a reminder that the event and whom you are sharing with is far more precious than staying on plan. Every day is a gift.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:05 AM   #228
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! Wow! So many new folk and so much enthusiasm! We will do this together! I have been in overdrive. My dd left for Chicago Thursday after we celebrated the newly turned 5 year old's birthday. I had a 24 hour off plan span. It started Wednesday night and ended with birthday cake Thursday. I'm still up 2 pounds, but they will come off. Between the emotions, the packing my dd up, and my job, staying on plan just didn't happen. But all is well. I probably won't make my Disney goal weight, but I should still be able to come to within a few pounds of it. And on that note, I've got to go play with play doh! My two oldest grand girls are with me this week. The three of us will fly to Disney to meet up with their parents and baby sister! Happy Saturday!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:24 AM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Chicken Nova Scotia

If I wasn't on plan I would pick the Goliath Tiger Prawns Baked with Crab. On plan I would choose the steamed shrimp or the steak.
Quote:
Breakfast/ esspreso / sun eclipsed by the moon/ crazy New York restaurant named this sunnyside
up eggs with melted mozzarella topped with canadian bacon sans toast....
A Vanilla Starbucks Skinny latte for lunch yummy ! A few strawberries dipped in truvia
Dinner broiled salmon in a lemon red pepper butter sauce with a cauliflower mousse
Which was whipped smooth cauliflower some cream and butter I had a glass of Riesling
I walked everywhere in the City and my diet is low carb so I hope the scale still loves me when I get home ....
Man that food sounds so yummy. So far your meals don't look that bad. The scale should be nice to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! Wow! So many new folk and so much enthusiasm! We will do this together! I have been in overdrive. My dd left for Chicago Thursday after we celebrated the newly turned 5 year old's birthday. I had a 24 hour off plan span. It started Wednesday night and ended with birthday cake Thursday. I'm still up 2 pounds, but they will come off. Between the emotions, the packing my dd up, and my job, staying on plan just didn't happen. But all is well. I probably won't make my Disney goal weight, but I should still be able to come to within a few pounds of it. And on that note, I've got to go play with play doh! My two oldest grand girls are with me this week. The three of us will fly to Disney to meet up with their parents and baby sister! Happy Saturday!
I know how hard it is to say no to cake. My kids actually are disappointed when I don't at least taste their cake. They take it personally.

Enjoy your time with the grand kids.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #230
Senior LCF member

CCGirl-
You commented-
" just a reminder that the event and whom you are sharing with is far more precious than staying on plan. Every day is a gift."

But it's because the event and whom I'm sharing it with is far more precious than any food that I have absolutely no problem eating on plan. I don't focus on the food.

That's a major change for me during my weight-loss process. The obese me always focused on the food, and now I've been on cruises, other vacations, special events, etc. and I've been able to keep from gaining any weight and enjoying myself (and the food as well).
Old 10-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
CCGirl-
You commented-
" just a reminder that the event and whom you are sharing with is far more precious than staying on plan. Every day is a gift."

But it's because the event and whom I'm sharing it with is far more precious than any food that I have absolutely no problem eating on plan. I don't focus on the food.

That's a major change for me during my weight-loss process. The obese me always focused on the food, and now I've been on cruises, other vacations, special events, etc. and I've been able to keep from gaining any weight and enjoying myself (and the food as well).
I hope to be in that frame of mind some day. I enjoy myself when I have events but I am also very aware that I am not eating the yummy food.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
CCGirl-
I wish I could do that! I can eat well on a bday but not on vacation, I gained 10 pounds in Hawaii in 2 weeks

I will either get the steak or the shrimp tonight I was thinking shrimp was the safest choice because I can't be sure what is in the demi-glace ( I always thought it was spelled demi-glaze but the menu also had panko spelled panco so who knows haha)

Last edited by Mar922; 10-13-2012 at 10:44 AM..
Old 10-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Coco I am close to your weight now, 157.4! Am I close to being caught up?
Old 10-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

CC- I hope all is well!

Did I tell you I got a kitty? So now I have 2 dogs and a cat, I think I am crazy!
Old 10-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
CC- I hope all is well!

Did I tell you I got a kitty? So now I have 2 dogs and a cat, I think I am crazy!
You are half as crazy as me. I have 2 cats, 2 dogs, and 2 kids. Only one husband, I think 2 would push me over the edge.

Love the new picture with your dog. What kind is he? I have a 80 lb Lab and a 40 pound pit bull (8 month pup).

Last edited by BrattyS; 10-13-2012 at 12:20 PM..
Old 10-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Thats Bones he is a 110 lb Labradoodle, I got him as a rescue but I heard there was a guy in southern MB (where I live) that was using a 100lb standard poodle to breed labradoodles so I am convinced that is where he is from because every other labradoodle I have seen is about 60lbs

My other dog is a small sheppard cross terrier she was supposed to be big but she's only 55lbs but she can take playing with the bones so its all good.

I would love a Pitbull but they are not allowed within city limits here, which is a shame as they are fantastic dogs!
Old 10-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Mar glace is French for glaze .... I believe it is a reduction of the meats natural juice sometimes it is combined with espaniole sauce which contains a tomato base .... shrimp and steak are carb free so make sure the sides are low carb....
Today my menu was chobani Greek non fat plain yogurt with raspberries a sprinkle of truvia
Espresso....Lunch a turkey grilled burger sans bun lettuce and tomato with a mayocado sauce topping an unsweetened iced tea.... dinner is Steak au pourve it is steak with crushed peppercorns it comes with pomme frittes. I will get salad instead .... everyone is doin
great! Mar I have 4 cats and a dog lol I know I am crazy!

Last edited by Angelstill; 10-13-2012 at 02:52 PM..
Old 10-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mar glace is French for glaze .... I believe it is a reduction of the meats natural juice sometimes it is combined with espaniole sauce which contains a tomato base .... shrimp and steak are carb free so make sure the sides are low carb....
Today my menu was chobani Greek non fat plain yogurt with raspberries a sprinkle of truvia
Espresso....Lunch a turkey grilled burger sans bun lettuce and tomato with a mayocado sauce topping an unsweetened iced tea.... dinner is Steak au pourve it is steak with crushed peppercorns it comes with pomme frittes. I will get salad instead .... everyone is doin
great! Mar I have 4 cats and a dog lol I know I am crazy!
It was just a gravy that they gave a fancy name to, I hate when restaurants do that just call it gravy or aujus! haha

Wow 4 cats! thats a lot of work!
Old 10-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Mar my cats were rescued kittens .... they are two years old now and have two rooms on the top floors .... I have a large town house ....
They have cat lounges and kitty caboodles & tubes and window seats loll the kitty playground was furnished by my bfs uncle who is a carpentar .... mar yes it is French for gravy loll I had steak au poivre tonight with zucchini ribbons a
glass of cabernet sauvignon .... berries with creme fraiche .... I had so much shopping and sight seeing ground zero
The freedom tower is almost complete and beautiful .... I hope after all this I can look good in my riding hood lol

Last edited by Angelstill; 10-13-2012 at 10:34 PM..
Old 10-14-2012, 01:44 AM   #240
Senior LCF member

Re: "I wish I could do that! I can eat well on a bday but not on vacation. . . ."

It took me a very long time to get to this place. My weight-loss journey was a long one, and over time I realized that my health and fitness is more important than the taste of any specific food. Because I lose so very slowly--and gain so quickly--I gained 7 lbs in a one-week vacation early on, and it took me over 2 months to lose that gain--I decided then that I needed to re-consider my attitude toward food and pleasure.

I know myself, and I'm not a 'one-bite' person--and I admire those that are. One bite of cake, and I want to eat not my entire slice--but the entire cake! So I abstain.

Here's how I see it (borrowing an analogy of a friend)--In my obese life, I had a passionate relationship with food. It's impossible to truly break up totally because of that basic physical need for sustenance (unlike the total abstinence possible for an alcoholic), but I'm doomed if I keep the 'romance' alive. I need to make food a casual acquaintance rather than a object of affection. Keeping my distance and objectivity is the only way for me to maintain a healthy relationship with food.
Closed Thread