Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jeseraipetite
Stats: 154/154/125
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: july 11, 2014
Thanks so much for the encouragement CoCo. So good to have help and support. Any time I did Stillman's before I would gain with diet soda. But that is me. I am sure many others will have ideas for you.

Bratty and Zen...way to go!!!

I am amazed at how this program works so well. All I am seeing is losses in the past posts. wow!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo View Post
Ok, I need some help from the pro's.

I started out on Monday @ 165.2
Yesterday in was 160.2 = I was doing great right?
This morning I am 161.0, what happened??
Is it normal to have a day were you gain. It was a .8 gain too. Just short of a pound.

This is what I ate,
Breakfast, I egg and 1-to 1.5 ozs roasted chicken strips.
lunch, two turkey burgers, I was hungry!
dinner, about 4oz of beef
I had about 6-7 =8 oz glasses of water, plus coffee, tea and 1 diet coke.

I did eat quite a bit more yesterday then I have been, could that have been it?
I'm going to check my vitamins to see if there is any sugar lurking in them.
I also will cut down on what I eat today, yesterday for some reason I ate more, I had a stressful situation come up, of course I had more to eat. That tells me something.

Any advise??
CoCo, this may just be a normal water-weight fluctuation. I track my weight losses on ******, but I also put them on my Hotmail calendar (where I can look at a whole month at a time) What I notice is my pattern goes like this: a couple of days staying at the same weight or losing .2 or .4 ounces. Then I'll drop a lb. a day for a day or two. Then I'll stay there for a couple of days, maybe popping back up 1/2 lb. before "settling" into that new lower weight for a bit. But those little wiggles always seem to be there for a few days...which is why I track it two ways. Keeps me sane & on-plan when I can always get a "visual" that I really am on a losing track for the long haul. I've been keeping track every day since March 6 2012, so I have more than 6 mos. of losing patterns to look at...it's rewarding especially when I get a few days of no change.

Now if I ate off-plan then I know the weight-gain is my own fault Your menu looks fine...only question would be if you had more salt/sodium in the food than usual...if so, then you know for sure it's water weight & will go away on it's own.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 10-06-2012 at 01:34 PM..
Old 10-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Yay Bratty, Yay Christine, Yay Zen, Yay Mim,and Yay Jeserai

What a bunch of losers

Which I of course only mean in a VERY positive way We're all going to be skinny, gorgeous folks

And Im, welcome back...you can do it

CC, hope you're having a peaceful weekend
Old 10-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpeacock View Post
Dropped down another .8 lb this morning - that's a total of 4 lbs. in 4 days. Wow.

The downward movement is certainly motivating!

Got lots to do today, glad to see everyone is doing well! Keep it up!
Nice, congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo View Post
Ok, I need some help from the pro's.

I started out on Monday @ 165.2
Yesterday in was 160.2 = I was doing great right?
This morning I am 161.0, what happened??
Is it normal to have a day were you gain. It was a .8 gain too. Just short of a pound.

This is what I ate,
Breakfast, I egg and 1-to 1.5 ozs roasted chicken strips.
lunch, two turkey burgers, I was hungry!
dinner, about 4oz of beef
I had about 6-7 =8 oz glasses of water, plus coffee, tea and 1 diet coke.

I did eat quite a bit more yesterday then I have been, could that have been it?
I'm going to check my vitamins to see if there is any sugar lurking in them.
I also will cut down on what I eat today, yesterday for some reason I ate more, I had a stressful situation come up, of course I had more to eat. That tells me something.

Any advise??
Probably normal fluctuation. That is why I hate being scale obsessed. Those up days totally kill my motivation. Push through it and you will see it drop again. Now I need to tell myself that when it happens.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
QDB tonight was scary and exciting night Bf and a few friends went to Field of Screams! It is farm land where you pay people to scare you ha! Have I ever mentioned that I am afraid of clowns like even Ronald McDonald makes me nervous
Well on a positive note I ate scrambled egg whites for breakfast espresso and two deer park bottled waters and apple cinnamon herbal tea all day .... I had a busy night getting totally spooked .... it is late time for a quick shower and bed
....Im2 I hate to exercise blah but I have yoga tues. & thurs. It is paid for so I better not be wasteful....
coco I am an emo eater as well I nicknamed myself nibbler from futerama I get ravenously hungry..

Bratty yes turkey drumstick are yum and I have some yummy low carb recipes to add on here for turkey day... tonight I was surrounded by friends who were eating candy apples blah! Food is everywhere even at a spooky field keep positive lcf and on that note ni nites

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !
Old 10-07-2012, 05:53 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FitMommyNow
Stats: 280/235/160
WOE: No Sugar, No Grains, No Dairy, No Nuts
Introducing Myself

Jumping in to mark my spot!

My name is Barbara. I've decided to give Stillman's a shot and wanted to start posting for accountability.

I lost my weight (so far) via my own modified HCG plan. The problem is that even with a little added protein (how I modified) I still felt awful on that WOE. I have given Atkins numerous tries and after losing the initial water bloat, I stop losing and start gaining. Tried upping my veggies (to lower my fatty meat intake), then thought I would add fruit, then would drink wine (because wine is fruit, right? ) and then end up five pounds higher on the scale and start all over again.

Winter arrived this weekend and I realized I have precious little clothes that fit me right now since I was closer to 188 this time last year.

I know I do better on a plan where I can eat plenty of protein. My trouble is that high fat protein is so dang delicious, I have a hard time eating it just to hunger.

Enter Stillmans. Low fat protein only. My hope is that plain, lean protein will be easier to eat "only when hungry" and will be accompanied by motivating losses while still giving me enough energy to take care of my kids.

My stats are correct. I have an "emergency" 8 pounds that I need to lose and/or go buy bigger clothes soon. I'm hoping I can lose those 8 lbs. within two weeks on Stillman's and then stick with it to lose even more with an occasional Atkin's meal thrown in throughout the holidays.

I'll be eating lean protein and eggs, water, coffee, and herbal tea.

Very inspired by all the Stillman "losers" on this board!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:11 AM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hi y'all

congrats on losers, renewers and newbies !!!!!!!!!

going to make that cottage cheese quiche concoction that aka used to do.......and her DH would eat it all
Old 10-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zenpeacock
Stats: 205/198/150
WOE: VLC
Start Date: Restart 1/2/14
Hey everyone! Happy Sunday!

I am feeling so good this morning, it's an amazing turn around from Weds. It's true what they say, hang in there for a few days and you'll feel like a new person.

I've been eating really well, drinking enough water and herbal tea to make me float away and we've even been taking some good, long walks. Talk about progress!

It was tough to be out Saturday night and not have a cocktail, but I stuck to my guns and my weight is down another .6 lbs this morning. I probably would've done better if I hadn't eaten that turkey burger at 11PM, but I was hungry ... oh well, I'm not gonna sweat the small stuff.

Going to spend the afternoon boiling eggs and roasting skinless chicken breasts for the week. Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMommyNow View Post

My name is Barbara. I've decided to give Stillman's a shot and wanted to start posting for accountability.

I lost my weight (so far) via my own modified HCG plan. The problem is that even with a little added protein (how I modified) I still felt awful on that WOE. I have given Atkins numerous tries and after losing the initial water bloat, I stop losing and start gaining. Tried upping my veggies (to lower my fatty meat intake), then thought I would add fruit, then would drink wine (because wine is fruit, right? ) and then end up five pounds higher on the scale and start all over again.

Winter arrived this weekend and I realized I have precious little clothes that fit me right now since I was closer to 188 this time last year.

I know I do better on a plan where I can eat plenty of protein. My trouble is that high fat protein is so dang delicious, I have a hard time eating it just to hunger.

Enter Stillmans. Low fat protein only. My hope is that plain, lean protein will be easier to eat "only when hungry" and will be accompanied by motivating losses while still giving me enough energy to take care of my kids.

My stats are correct. I have an "emergency" 8 pounds that I need to lose and/or go buy bigger clothes soon. I'm hoping I can lose those 8 lbs. within two weeks on Stillman's and then stick with it to lose even more with an occasional Atkin's meal thrown in throughout the holidays.

Hi Barbara!

I totally understand what you've experienced. I too have had a difficult time with my trusted LC way of eating, LCHF or LCMF. Fat is one of those things you're supposed to enjoy while eating LC, and trust me, I did!

I started Stillmans last Wednesday. Today is Sunday. I'm almost down a full 5 lbs. and I feel great. I really didn't know if I could hack the Low Fat aspect of this WOE, but so far, no issues. You'll drop those 8 in no time at all. Drink lots and lots and lots of water! I feel like the more I drink, the better I feel and better I lose the next day.

Glad to see you on board, keep us up to date with your progress. It really helps knowing there are people out there going through the same thing!
Old 10-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CoCo
Stats: Ex: 175/157/135
WOE: QWL
Start Date: June 11th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeseraipetite View Post
Thanks so much for the encouragement CoCo. So good to have help and support. Any time I did Stillman's before I would gain with diet soda. But that is me. I am sure many others will have ideas for you.

Bratty and Zen...way to go!!!

I am amazed at how this program works so well. All I am seeing is losses in the past posts. wow!
Thanks for the suggestion, no diet coke for me today
Old 10-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
CoCo, this may just be a normal water-weight fluctuation. I track my weight losses on ******, but I also put them on my Hotmail calendar (where I can look at a whole month at a time) What I notice is my pattern goes like this: a couple of days staying at the same weight or losing .2 or .4 ounces. Then I'll drop a lb. a day for a day or two. Then I'll stay there for a couple of days, maybe popping back up 1/2 lb. before "settling" into that new lower weight for a bit. But those little wiggles always seem to be there for a few days...which is why I track it two ways. Keeps me sane & on-plan when I can always get a "visual" that I really am on a losing track for the long haul. I've been keeping track every day since March 6 2012, so I have more than 6 mos. of losing patterns to look at...it's rewarding especially when I get a few days of no change.

Now if I ate off-plan then I know the weight-gain is my own fault Your menu looks fine...only question would be if you had more salt/sodium in the food than usual...if so, then you know for sure it's water weight & will go away on it's own.
Cat, it might be salt, I never thought about that. I was @ 160.8 this morning only down .2 from yesterday and I was strick pop yesterday. Maybe I will be like you and go down in the morning to the next day. We will see, I'm not giving up. In the mean time I'll watch the salt and cut out my one diet coke a day. Thank you, Cat
Old 10-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Nice, congrats!

Probably normal fluctuation. That is why I hate being scale obsessed. Those up days totally kill my motivation. Push through it and you will see it drop again. Now I need to tell myself that when it happens.
Thank you Bratty, so we will tell each other that it is normal fluctuation and push through it together!
Old 10-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Lean protein is great for QWL .... I love Atkins food however it does not work rapid for me like Stillman's does .... I lost 20 lbs on Stillman's then gained back half got back on and am losing again it does work just stick to it !!!! Good Luck !!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Thanksgiving Low Carb recipes ....

Low Carb Thanksgiving - Menus and Recipes for a Low CarbThanksgiving

Bratty , here are some recipes to look over to help decide which are going to work for you to stick to a low carb WOE and make hubby happy too ! The cranberry jello is on my list this turkey day ! And seriously take a look at how many carbs are in Ocean Spray ....
Old 10-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL winter has arrived, too funny fitmom..........38 here this morning yeeeesh
Old 10-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

I took my measurements and I am one inch less in the bust, waist and hips.
Started last Monday @ 165.2 and @ 160.8 this morning for 4.4 so far. I hope that the scale say's I'm down .6 in the morning.Then I will 5 down for the week and one inch off the main areas, not bad!

Congrats to all of you who have lost! Mim, Christine Jeseral, Zen, Bratty.
To fitmommynow,
Old 10-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

I'm starting tomorrow officially since I already had a planned meal out today for lunch. Still not too bad though as we went to Muscle Maker Grill. I had the "Godfather" which is a chicken breast topped with peppers and mushrooms on a bed of broccoli. It's 375 calories and on their low carb menu. Everything there is low fat.

Dinner will be protein only (chicken) and then full on Stillmans in the morning. Stocked up on plenty of eggs, ground turkey, chicken, and extra lean beef at the store.

All of your losses are very inspiring!
Old 10-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

nice loss Coco, and Fitmom you can soooooo do this !!!!!!!!!!!

Go US !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 05:22 AM   #109
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! Geesh! This losing weight, feeling better, looking better is getting expensive! Keep me out of the stores, friends! Now that I am in smaller sizes - still a 1x or some xlarge in the not plus size sections, I suddenly have an interest in clothes! I am reigning myself in, as I will not stay at this size for long - hopefully by Christmas I'll be in regular sizes, but I've gotta look good now, right? I have two weeks until I leave for Disney - I hope to lose 5 more pounds by then. I'm in the lose 2-3 pounds a week camp, and that is fine....I've been at this for long enough to not expect the 5 pound a week losses. Happy Monday everyone!
Old 10-08-2012, 05:26 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

Hope everyone is geared up for a good week.

I had a quick question....

For those of you doing Stillman with a fair amount to lose 30+ pounds. Do you stay on plan for months at a time or do you take breaks every couple of weeks or so?
Old 10-08-2012, 06:53 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good morning!

For those of you doing Stillman with a fair amount to lose 30+ pounds. Do you stay on plan for months at a time or do you take breaks every couple of weeks or so?
This is a good question and something I've wondered too. How do people move forward from this diet? Back to an Atkins style LC? Has anyone successfully maintained and how?
Old 10-08-2012, 06:54 AM   #112
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Good morning!

I am not a fan of the re-feed or up days. I find that I gain and that it takes me at least 4 days to loose it again. And for me, there is always the danger of not being able to get back on plan! However, in the natural flow of my life, and I suspect this is true for most everyone, there are meals that are higher in carbs and fat than Stills. When I'm invited out or have a meeting at a restaurant, I make the best choices I can - more Atkins style. I'm gluten sensitive so eating a piece of special cake or home baked cookies isn't even an option. So, staying on plan without planned cheats works best for me. However, others find they do well with planned breaks. You will figure out what works best for you!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:07 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I am not a fan of the re-feed or up days. I find that I gain and that it takes me at least 4 days to loose it again. And for me, there is always the danger of not being able to get back on plan! However, in the natural flow of my life, and I suspect this is true for most everyone, there are meals that are higher in carbs and fat than Stills. When I'm invited out or have a meeting at a restaurant, I make the best choices I can - more Atkins style. I'm gluten sensitive so eating a piece of special cake or home baked cookies isn't even an option. So, staying on plan without planned cheats works best for me. However, others find they do well with planned breaks. You will figure out what works best for you!
Thanks Mim!

I think you are right since life in general gets in the way enough without needing to plan breaks.

ZenPeacock - I think from what I've read on this thread, people maintain in different ways here. If they get a weight creep, they come back to reliable Stillmans.

I'm hoping for some moderate progress on Stillmans from now until the end of the year knowing there are holidays, birthdays, and our anniversary.
After that, I'd really like to do a strict two months in January and February (when the rest of the world is dieting hard) to get down close to goal by my 40th birthday in March.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Hi BArbara...I bet your plan will work, that's what we do (Stillman's most of the time, throwing in a lovely high-fat/mod. low carb Atkins meal every now & then to keep us on the losing path for the long haul.) So far, it's working.

Your story is very similar to mine...did well with Atkins for awhile, but then totally stalled out...we found it way too easy to over-eat on the high-fat regimen. Didn't gain on it, but we quit losing (or we were losing so slow...like a couple of OUNCES a week...that it was ridiculous!)

On Stillmans, after an initial nice drop, we're averaging 1-2 lbs. a week loss...keeping in mind we do have Atkins-style meal at least once a week. We'd probably lose faster/better if we stayed completely Stillman's all the time, but then don't think we could do that This is working for us.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:06 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Hi BArbara...I bet your plan will work, that's what we do (Stillman's most of the time, throwing in a lovely high-fat/mod. low carb Atkins meal every now & then to keep us on the losing path for the long haul.) So far, it's working.

Your story is very similar to mine...did well with Atkins for awhile, but then totally stalled out...we found it way too easy to over-eat on the high-fat regimen. Didn't gain on it, but we quit losing (or we were losing so slow...like a couple of OUNCES a week...that it was ridiculous!)

On Stillmans, after an initial nice drop, we're averaging 1-2 lbs. a week loss...keeping in mind we do have Atkins-style meal at least once a week. We'd probably lose faster/better if we stayed completely Stillman's all the time, but then don't think we could do that This is working for us.
Catne - Your losses are so impressive!!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! Geesh! This losing weight, feeling better, looking better is getting expensive! Keep me out of the stores, friends! Now that I am in smaller sizes - still a 1x or some xlarge in the not plus size sections, I suddenly have an interest in clothes! I am reigning myself in, as I will not stay at this size for long - hopefully by Christmas I'll be in regular sizes, but I've gotta look good now, right? I have two weeks until I leave for Disney - I hope to lose 5 more pounds by then. I'm in the lose 2-3 pounds a week camp, and that is fine....I've been at this for long enough to not expect the 5 pound a week losses. Happy Monday everyone!
Ya don't put a lot of money into clothes now, wait till you are at goal, then go crazy!! think how good that will feel. You know you can also stay there too, because if you gain 4-5 pounds you can go right back on stills and it's gone!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good morning!

I plan to stay POP, with just a few low carb off day here an there. But the off days must be planned and right back on.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Mim!

I think you are right since life in general gets in the way enough without needing to plan breaks.

ZenPeacock - I think from what I've read on this thread, people maintain in different ways here. If they get a weight creep, they come back to reliable Stillmans.

I'm hoping for some moderate progress on Stillmans from now until the end of the year knowing there are holidays, birthdays, and our anniversary.
After that, I'd really like to do a strict two months in January and February (when the rest of the world is dieting hard) to get down close to goal by my 40th birthday in March.
I will join in on that Jan and Feb strick two month stills= any other takers? We should make that a plan and we will all be closer or at goal to start 2013 off right.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

I am down 1.3 this morning and under 160 @ 159.5= that feels so good I started last monday @ 165.2. Thanks to all my stills buddy's who offered advice, you were right!
Stillman's so much the way to loss.
I think we should do a January contest, see who can lose the most from Jan 1st to the 31st. Just for fun, not really to compete. I want to be at or close to goal by my birthday end of march. I would like to turn 61, at a weight I feel great to be.

mini goals:
under 150 by boo day, Oct 31st
under 140 by New Years Eve
under 135 by Valentines Day
under 130 by my B-day 3/24/15
under 120 by the 4th of July, goal
I might go for another 5 pounds. Well see.

Last edited by CoCo; 10-08-2012 at 09:33 AM..
Old 10-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #120
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I'd like to join you, at least for the rest of this month.

I eat 'generic' low carb--only 20g or fewer a day, as I am very, very carb sensitive. And despite the current rage for high fat, I actually do best with low fat/low carb--or moderate fat at most.

Right now, I'm fighting a 'regain' of almost 10 lbs that I suspect is at least partially hormonal in nature. I'm hypothyroid, and my T3 tends to drop, requiring an increase in meds. However, between the time my hormone level drops, I notice the problem, contact my endo, get new lab tests, and he increases the dosage, I've often gained 10 lbs or more. The gain just 'happens' when I'm eating at a level where I'd normally lose.

Unfortunately, that weight gain isn't just 'water.' I have to lose it the same, slow way as any other weight--which, for me, is never more than a pound a week.

I've discovered that I can keep my weight in check during these times by eating no more than 500 cal a day, and Stillman's is perfect for me, as I thrive on just protein.

If this is hormonal, even when I get my meds adjusted, I'll need to stay with Stillman's until I get back into my maintenance range.

Normally, I don't eat very far from Stillman's anyway--mainly fish, meat, egg whites. And eliminating all fat isn't much of a problem, as I don't use that much.
Closed Thread