Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Good morning all, hi COCO !!!!!!!!!!! you'll be at goal in no time !

MMS, it seems your weather is ours as of late, another batch of chilly rain coming our way.......

Yam, love the avi pic !!!!!!!!!

well, the drama contrinues with the stepchildren calling my mom and one son going off the deep end, supposedly binge drinking (he's been in AA for years), but no confrontation like driving by the house........DH forbids me to go without a restraining order in place.......

dang, I haven't traveled since starting the business six years ago, gotta take your shoes off and only one carry on, sheeeeeeeesh
Howdy CC. Sorry to hear about the drama, hope it settles soon!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Hello, Tuesday...hope everyone is doing well today.

I had to add fat-free greek yogurt (medical reasons...desperately need the calcium because the meds I take for the COPD are really not good for bones, and also 'cause I need the active cultures in the yogurt; again a side effect of the COPD med is gut issues.) Doc suggested cheese or yogurt, because he said calcium supplements do not get utilized by the body nearly as well as calcium in food and he recommended addition of dairy. I know cheese is a good source of calcium, but it really stalls me out: retain water, and way too easy to over-eat cheese (really, an ounce of cheese is such a SMALL piece,how can you eat just one ounce)

Problem is, I hate plain yogurt Love the fruit flavored versions and the dessert-flavored choices but even the diet versions of those are higher carbs than the plain greek yogurt, or they're using aspertame to sweeten which gives me headaches. Plus, they package it in smaller serving sizes and charge more, in order to serve us better.

Then I thought of adding Torani or Da Vinci syrup...I had some raspberry Da Vinci SF, so I stirred some in as an experiment. OH YUM!

Soooo, I hopped on the netrition shopping site and ordered a bunch of flavors...blueberry, pumpkin pie, salted caramel, peach and chocolate chip cookie dough. OMG! Now I have to stop myself from eating too much yogurt, lol. The fruit flavored versions are wonderful in the morning with breakfast...and the dessert-sweets flavors are fabulous in the evening for dinner-dessert or mid-evening snack. Now it does take a fair amount of the syrup to get a good flavor going in the yogurt (I'd say it's several tablespoons, maybe 4? in a 1/2 cup serving.) But oh, I'm thinking it's yogurt heaven around here now. If you're having yogurt or cottage cheese with your STillman's /Dukan/Paleo with dairy...and you use artificial sweeteners, give the syrups a try when you're craving fruit or dessert flavors. Yummo!

So far, the addition of yogurt is not causing a gain (which is good, because I really, really need it.) ...I'm still losing, bit by bit.
I lurve Greek yoghurt with lemon and sweetner. I buy Total. It comes in 0% fat and you would never guess as its so thick and creamy....don't have it on Stills though,:sad....just does not work for me but I'm OK with a little cheese? Will be back to my yoghurt next week - you've got me wanting some.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo View Post
Hi mar922, we are very close to the same weight. However I made a mistake on my starting weight it was 165.2, that was very hard to say!

Here is the good news, this morning really I was 164.0, so I'm down 1.2 in one day.

My 1st day was good, but I felt very hungry so I at more then I know I should have. All protein!

Maybe this was a cheat, I had one laughing cow cheese section with a tablespoon of walden farms pancake syrup heated it up in the mircro it was good!

I'm going to try to stick to POP today even if I have to eat more then I would like too.

Ok, stay away from the sweets!! that means both of us!
We can do this. By the way, I am 5'2" short and much older then lovely you.
I'm usually really hungry the first few days too....after that I have to force it down as I don't want my body to get use to too few calories.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Doing a quick fly by. I'm off to the gym. I only got in 30 minutes yesterday, but it's better than nothing. Amazing how life can get in the way when you have plans!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendyl View Post
Am on my second day and trying to get through this - I hope it gets easier in time - since yesterday I lost .8 pounds - hope I can do at least that number every day
It will get easier....you will soon have to remind yourself to eat!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I need some advise,

My honey is taking me to Victoria BC for 3 night. It is not for another 12 days. We will be staying in a nice condo with a full kitchen so I can fix meals. But, he will want to go out to eat at lease once or twist.

Should I try to stay POP the whole time? Should I have just meat and low carb veggies? Should I go off plan and then right on, when I get back?

Any help or suggestions from the professionals?

I can't believe I lost 1.2 pounds in one day!
I would see how you feel in 12 days....certainly adding a few LC veggies won't cause anything major - you will probably still lose. Well done with the loss....keep it up!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Doing a quick fly by. I'm off to the gym. I only got in 30 minutes yesterday, but it's better than nothing. Amazing how life can get in the way when you have plans!
I know the feeling! Well done you!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Coco, JMHO, a getaway weekend should be just that; getaway with your honey and have a good time. Do what feels comfortable. Time together can never be replaced. Diets are forever.

MMS, unfoortunately the drama has just begun. The fur will really begin flying when the will becomes public record and middle son realizes his personal ATM is no more.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CoCo
Stats: Ex: 175/157/135
WOE: QWL
Start Date: June 11th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by trendyl View Post
Am on my second day and trying to get through this - I hope it gets easier in time - since yesterday I lost .8 pounds - hope I can do at least that number every day
.8 that's great! good for you! Yesterday was my 1st day, I was hungry yesterday too, don't worry I know it get's better by day 3. Hang in there with me.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !

Hiyas I hope everyone is losing weight and feeling great .... I am slowly moving down the scale.... however ;I have a major issue and I need a boot camp style environment with a nasty drill Sargent to whoop my hiney into gear .... Bf and I were invited to an adult Halloween party and we decided that I would go as Lil Red Riding hood and he as the Wolf dressed as Grandma ! His costume is adorable mine not so modest .... I want to lose at least 10 lbs by then so I am going reduce some calories till then .... Perhaps egg whites and extra lean turkey menu .... wish me luck !

Old 10-03-2012, 06:02 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012

Funny, Christine! Love it. Sounds like a good goal for the Halloween party...you can do it.

CCGirl, hope the drama is less than expected. "Family" often produces the worst drama though, like all the rules of good behavior don't apply Best wishes for a smoother October...hope the step-family situation improves for you & your mom.

Coco, I agree with CC...enjoy your getaway weekend. If you want to minimize damage, apply the "moderation" code (OK to have what you want, but don't stuff yourself.) You can come back and hop right back on plan.

Makemeslim...funny how each of us are so different. I can eat the little bit of yogurt on Stillman's and still lose, but cheese stalls me right out. And you're the opposite. Just another proof there's no one-size-fits-all in the real world.

Trendyl...awesome to see that scale go down right away. KUTGW.

hello to anyone I've missed.

Done with my coffee, time to get in gear and get the last few boxes unpacked! Later, folks.

Keep calm and carry on

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5
Old 10-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #42
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Cathy - salted carmel? Really? Now you have done it! I'm going to have to place an order! I actually use DaVinci to flavor my Greek yogurt too! But I've stopped eating it right now because I could not practice moderation!

I am now below my pre binge weight! Another half pound (my scale weighs in half pounds) and I'll be in a new set of tens! I have a lunch meeting today and will eat what I'm served. The hostess knows I am low carb, gluten free and always has options for me. Tomorrow I have a breakfast meeting at iHop. I get an egg substitute omelet. Then I have a dinner meeting at a restaurant. The first week of the month is always these three meetings and to compensate for extra carbs and higher fat, I eat fish for most of my meals.

Angel - have you ever done Callanetics? It is amazing at how quickly it shapes your body. It might be worth a try to help make you more comfortable in your costume.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning all,

I went from 164.0 yesterday to 161.7 this morning, down 2.3 in 24 hours. I know that it was a lot of water because all I did the whole day was peep!

Don't ya just lOVE stills. I'll check back in later.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Good Morning all,

I went from 164.0 yesterday to 161.7 this morning, down 2.3 in 24 hours. I know that it was a lot of water because all I did the whole day was peep!

Don't ya just lOVE stills. I'll check back in later.
Wowzers! Awesome!

MIM: Good for you!!!

As for me: I don't feel well today. Ugh. I have some uncomfortable digestive thing going on and I have sniffles, sneezing and a slight fever. Yuck! How can I catch a cold when it's been 100 degrees outside every day?

I'm going to rest today. Just found out I have to fly to Seattle on Monday and be there 4 days. Ugh. Double Ugh. Then I'll have to turn around and pack for Florida (10 days) and get back from there just in time to drive to Monterey.

I've lost 3 pounds of my Hawaii vacation weight. Wanted to get the rest off before I have to go anywhere again. Blah. I feel very Blah. Sorry to complain!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 10-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
thanks, Cat, I'm on speed dial with Mom and the cops have the house on watch.

Coco, Mim, awesome loss !!!!!!!!!!

Yam, hetting ove this cold is now over three weeks, yuck, I sympathize ! Vitamin C and echinacea are my best friends LOL........feel better !
Old 10-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

CCgirl and Yam
Feel better soon.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:15 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Hey guys! I now down 9.5 pounds in 14 days on strict stillmans! this plan produces incredible results. For anyone who is struggling just know if you stick to it, the weight will come off! I am leaving for Hawaii on Sat and I couldn't be happier to be going 10 lbs lighter than I was just 14 days ago
Old 10-04-2012, 04:28 AM   #48
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! My weight is the same as yesterday. I'm ok with that. Lunch was much higher carb than I'm used to. She served greens and beans soup, salad, asparagus and crab casserole. It was a lowish carb lunch, tasted wonderful, and I enjoyed the food and the fellowship! This morning I'm off to a breakfast meeting and I think that is the last time I'm eating someplace other than at home for the week!

Healthy for Life - congratulations on your loss! You will have such fun in Hawaii!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:06 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Thanks Mim! Sorry I realized it was 16 days, not 14 for the 9.5 loss. I swear cutting out the artificial sweetners this week has made a huge difference.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:46 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zenpeacock
Stats: 205/198/150
WOE: VLC
Start Date: Restart 1/2/14
Hello all! Mind if I jump in? I'm new to Stillman's but not LC. I'm coming from a very HF moderate protein diet, and the transition isn't as bad as I thought. I think I was definitely overeating on HF, and my losses were non-existent! So, hello LCLF!

I'm getting married in December and would really like to want to look at my wedding photos, you know what I mean? If eating no bacon and butter and CO for a while will help me with that, then I'm 100% on board.

I'm on Day 2, no real problems other than a raging headache yesterday. Today it's better, but not 100% gone. I think it's the lack of AS, which I would typically have in the mornings with my coffee and cream. I've been plugging my food into ****** and whoa are my calories LOW. I was under 900 for the whole day yesterday! Is that too low? I ate enough so I thought, and spaced it out over the day. Considering I'm used to taking in more than twice that everyday, it must be a shock to my system. I just don't want to go into starvation mode. I want to go into fat melting mode!

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's success this month!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #51
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Zen - first, congratulations on your upcoming wedding! You will do great with Stillman's. Don't worry about calories being too low. Eat until you are full - you will be fine. Have fun in these final weeks before your wedding!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Funny, Christine! Love it. Sounds like a good goal for the Halloween party...you can do it.

awwwww thank you Catne ! I love candy especially Halloween candy ! Candy corn I would eat a bag of it all to myself and never even considered to look at what it is made of and just ate it .... It is nothing but sugar not shocking .... no wonder I would spiral out of control during this time of the year Halloween was the big kick off and from there promises that after new years a fresh start and then oh, after the super bowl and etc .... I am so happy I found LCF all of you are such a wonderful and supportive group ! Catne, I am very glad that you are losing weight .... and btw my reading glasses are a very similar frame as your glasses .... I too have an oval shaped face ....

Angel - have you ever done Callanetics? It is amazing at how quickly it shapes your body. It might be worth a try to help make you more comfortable in your costume.

mim I will look into it .... I need all the help I can get !

I hope everyone feels better both physically as well as emotionally .... Yam I always hated summer colds .... they took so long to go away for me .... I hope in your case you feel well asap ! Seattle I wish I was going there ....

Today is eggs .... espresso .... water .... I am thinking of making a big pot of chicken soup ....

Have a losing Thursday all !!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Zen !!!! also
Old 10-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
Hey guys! I now down 9.5 pounds in 14 days on strict stillmans! this plan produces incredible results. For anyone who is struggling just know if you stick to it, the weight will come off! I am leaving for Hawaii on Sat and I couldn't be happier to be going 10 lbs lighter than I was just 14 days ago
Congrat, that's great!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpeacock View Post
Hello all! Mind if I jump in? I'm new to Stillman's but not LC. I'm coming from a very HF moderate protein diet, and the transition isn't as bad as I thought. I think I was definitely overeating on HF, and my losses were non-existent! So, hello LCLF!

I'm getting married in December and would really like to want to look at my wedding photos, you know what I mean? If eating no bacon and butter and CO for a while will help me with that, then I'm 100% on board.

I'm on Day 2, no real problems other than a raging headache yesterday. Today it's better, but not 100% gone. I think it's the lack of AS, which I would typically have in the mornings with my coffee and cream. I've been plugging my food into ****** and whoa are my calories LOW. I was under 900 for the whole day yesterday! Is that too low? I ate enough so I thought, and spaced it out over the day. Considering I'm used to taking in more than twice that everyday, it must be a shock to my system. I just don't want to go into starvation mode. I want to go into fat melting mode!

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's success this month!
Welcome, were glad to have join in.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Will I was down .6 this morning.

Can someone tell me how to do the turkey burger thing?

I'll check in later this evening, hope all of you have a great day!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Zen - first, congratulations on your upcoming wedding! You will do great with Stillman's. Don't worry about calories being too low. Eat until you are full - you will be fine. Have fun in these final weeks before your wedding!
Thank you, I'm very excited about the wedding. It'll be an intimate affair in Savannah on 12-12-12. Cool, huh? I know my fiance loves me as-is. Infact, he'd prefer if I didn't lose anything. But I'm doing this for me. I've struggled with the same extra poundage for far, far too long! I'm over it!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Will I was down .6 this morning.

Can someone tell me how to do the turkey burger thing?

I'll check in later this evening, hope all of you have a great day!
Woohoo! Good job on the loss, every bit helps!

I just made a batch of decent turkey burgers. I'm not a fan of them at all - but they fill me up.

I mixed ground turkey with granulated garlic, onion, salt, pepper, paprika and oregano - added a few dashes of hot sauce and worstershire and a good squirt of yellow mustard for tang.

I had 16 oz, so I made 4 4oz burgers and seared them in a dry, hot nonstick pan - and sprinkled some extra garlic, salt and pepper on them as they cooked. When I flipped them, I added about 1/2 cup of FF low salt chicken broth to the pan and covered them, in hopes of keeping them somewhat moist. I let them cook for another 8-10 minutes covered and they were pretty good.

I'm sure you could add just about any spices - you really need to be aggressive with ground turkey, it needs a lot of help in the flavor dept!

I had one left over for breakfast this morning, and I mashed it up with a HB egg and some yellow mustard. Odd, but strangely enjoyable.

Oh, and I dropped 2.8 lbs. from yesterday. I know it's water, but it was a nice jump down on the scale!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
Holy Wow! That's is amazing! You are very inspiring!

Enjoy Hawaii! I was on the Big Island a few years back, what a beautiful place. It is SO lush and fragrant, the ocean so blue and clear. Swimming with the honu (turtles) was the highlight. I got to experience a 7.6 earthquake too! Have fun!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Zen, don't worry about the calories, really. Eat until you're full...if you find you're very hungry, eat some more lean protein. That's the way Stillman's works.

The whole "starvation mode" stopping weight loss...and the idea that could be happening on diet is an enduring MYTH. There is no such thing...I don't usually quote Weight Watchers, but here's one explanation of what can happen when you reduce calories. http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/a...1&art_id=35501 The truth is when you reduce calories, you will continue to lose weight. Your metabolism may occasionally make minor adjustments, but they will be minor, and you WILL continue to lose.

And, the absolute truth is 900 calories is nowhere close to starving...millions of people around the world routinely eat that many calories a day as a normal quantity of food. In fact, if you were 4'10" tall woman with a small frame (like my mom) your ideal weight would be around 100 lbs, and your calorie daily calorie needs to maintain that weight would be 900-1100 calories a day.
Closed Thread