Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   Remember Stillman's QWL for September !!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/782269-remember-stillmans-qwl-september.html)

Angelstill 09-01-2012 09:10 PM

Remember Stillman's QWL for September !!!!

:welcome: to a new month of Stillman's QWL .... Keep track of your WOE menu :yummy:, make friends:hugs: and find support:help: to keep yourself motivated .... :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Angelstill 09-01-2012 09:37 PM

I did so awesome today .... and followed QWL strict plan .... I am 4 lbs away from where I left off before I fell off the wagon .... I am so pleased with Stillman's and myself for owning up to my out of control binges and starting over before those 10lbs multiplied .... :up:

Shreem 09-02-2012 04:30 AM

thanks for creating the link to septembers chat! i forgot we went right into a new month this weekend.:clap::up::hugs:

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME, ANGELSTILL!!!!!! I am so excited you are doing the real work. I had two great days as well. Felt good waking up this morning. NO splenda's for me in the coffee. Keeping carbs away. Eating my protein!

Mim 09-02-2012 04:46 AM

Good morning friends! It feels good to be back in a routine. My eating was perfect yesterday and that feels great. My tummy is very bloated though. I have some digestive issues that having off plan days, especially when gluten was involved, did not help. But I hope to have that calmed down in another day or two. I'm going to start exercising on Tuesday. No, really! My son has a girlfriend and it seems quite serious. So, I'm thinking that there may be a wedding and I want to feel and look good. Of course, there may not be a wedding, but I still want to feel and look good!

Mim 09-02-2012 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelstill (Post 15915192)
I did so awesome today .... and followed QWL strict plan .... I am 4 lbs away from where I left off before I fell off the wagon .... I am so pleased with Stillman's and myself for owning up to my out of control binges and starting over before those 10lbs multiplied .... :up:

Well done! Doesn't it feel good to stop the slide into old patterns? You are doing great!

Angelstill 09-02-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreem (Post 15915351)
thanks for creating the link to septembers chat! i forgot we went right into a new month this weekend.:clap::up::hugs:

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME, ANGELSTILL!!!!!! I am so excited you are doing the real work. I had two great days as well. Felt good waking up this morning. NO splenda's for me in the coffee. Keeping carbs away. Eating my protein!

Thank you !!!! :) You're pretty awesome too !!!! keeping fit with swimming is great !:jumpjoy:
The scale has been so kind to me what a difference with Stillman's QWL it does a body good .... Today's protein will be eggs, tuna and lean ground beef ... I use jumbo eggs .... low sodium Bumble Bee tuna and Laura's extra lean ground beef .... I do not use splenda , I use Stevia in the raw.... Water is the first in the morning to hydrate my cells and with a high protein diet I have been taking all my vitamins and supplements including biotin which I love and maca too ! Once I fall off the wagon I would just forget following a healthy regimen including vitamins etc... and I would eat a dark fudge brownie or two and a few chocolate chip cookies with my coffee and then gee I would wonder why am I so tired after and I felt cravings so strong to eat more and much more .... I definitely enjoy it the do not get me wrong it is just after a while I feel so bloated and sick and it spirals me into fat and lazy mode .... I am not going to sweat it if it ever happens again I do know better now to cut it out fast ! I know where I will always find refuge .... :heart:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mim (Post 15915358)
Good morning friends! It feels good to be back in a routine. My eating was perfect yesterday and that feels great. My tummy is very bloated though. I have some digestive issues that having off plan days, especially when gluten was involved, did not help. But I hope to have that calmed down in another day or two. I'm going to start exercising on Tuesday. No, really! My son has a girlfriend and it seems quite serious. So, I'm thinking that there may be a wedding and I want to feel and look good. Of course, there may not be a wedding, but I still want to feel and look good!

Oh, mim isn't it exciting a possible wedding in the future .... I am engaged to a wonderful man that I would love to share the rest of my life with:heart: and I would just love to slim down by December 2014 .... I am planning a winter wedding ! I hate my arms they need to slim and tone by then , so I will be joining you with exercising :D Feeling and looking good is what it is all about !:jumpjoy: You need to detox all that unhealthy additives that processed foods we eat on vacation does they may say healthy low carb however if you are not sure it ends up causing havoc on our system .... We are now on track ! :hugs:

WatchMeMelt 09-02-2012 12:08 PM

Thank you Angelstill for starting the new thread! I've been lurking around on this forum for months and finally decided to make myself accountable and check-in daily. So I've been doing stills for 6 days so far and lost 8.6lbs. I felt so great seeing the weight fall off, but this morning i was up .4lbs and felt depressed and just want to cheat but I know I shouldn't bcuz it'll it'll set me back a few days. It's to be expected, up & down days, so that's why this forum is so great, it'll keep me in check!

CCGirl 09-02-2012 01:31 PM

:welcome: WatchMe !!!!!!!!!!!

Mom is on the big bird back to FL so returning to normal here........and missing her already......ahhhhh, life, we all have one.......back to the stepchildren drama.......upcoming surgery for my stepdad...........:eek:

and here on the ranch, doing laundry and putting little bits of Mom away, waiting for her return........gardening clogs, gloves...

and continuing her LC learning when she's here, we knocked another 5 pounds off her in 12 days........two to four hours of yard work a day and Still's with veggies melts it right off...

hope everyone is doing great (I can see you all are :D) and missing our MIA's........GT, MMS, please check in and tell me things are okay......Al, IM2, Yam, I know you're out there somewhere :hugs:

off to take Ebay photos........the shoes are taking over, time to thin the herd.......TTYL !!

Angelstill 09-02-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchMeMelt (Post 15916133)
Thank you Angelstill for starting the new thread! I've been lurking around on this forum for months and finally decided to make myself accountable and check-in daily. So I've been doing stills for 6 days so far and lost 8.6lbs. I felt so great seeing the weight fall off, but this morning i was up .4lbs and felt depressed and just want to cheat but I know I shouldn't bcuz it'll it'll set me back a few days. It's to be expected, up & down days, so that's why this forum is so great, it'll keep me in check!

:welcome: Anything I can help you with I will do my best, just ask me ....:)

It seems like you are doing great .... and btw if it is rainy and humid today where you live that may be a culprit for a lil bit of gain on the scale .... There was a past post about that some where on here during I believe July Stillman's celebrate independence .... Post your menu daily and check out Stillman friendly recipes to try.... A few of my favourites are the sweet and sour chicken yum ! and cola chicken :yummy: As of today I am super strict to get my weight back on track before the slip and guess what it works !!!! I know it is hard but the rewards will make you feel better in the morning on the scale ....:) Good luck !!!!:hugs:

Angelstill 09-02-2012 03:36 PM

Today menu
water , vitamins and supplements .... breakfast ( 2) scrambled eggs cooked with butter flavour pam espresso .... Lunch low sodium Bumble Bee tuna and H.B egg .... water and espresso ....

Angelstill 09-02-2012 03:49 PM

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/st...n-recipes.html

Shreem 09-02-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelstill (Post 15916440)
Today menu
water , vitamins and supplements .... breakfast ( 2) scrambled eggs cooked with butter flavour pam espresso .... Lunch low sodium Bumble Bee tuna and H.B egg .... water and espresso ....

awesome! my goal today was to keep the carbs under 5. i came in at 4.8 and that was from a couple splenda and eggs that i did use. 20 grams of fat and the rest protein. calories were 942. little higher than i wanted, but the low carbs were the main goal with only eating protein and natural fats in the foods (couple of eggs)

i feel great tonight. not hungry, so this was day three of keeping it clean. thanks for going really strick with me angelstill! i'm so excited for everyone here.:shake:

seems like everyone is kicking in and working at it.

Shreem 09-02-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchMeMelt (Post 15916133)

8.6 pounds in 6 days is out of this world. Way to go!!!

Angelstill 09-02-2012 08:55 PM

Lbs. the Movie

This is on netflix and it is inspiring to see how some of us have the willpower to kick our food addictions to the curb .....

Angelstill 09-02-2012 08:59 PM

when you go to the site click on the trailer ....:)

Shreem 09-03-2012 02:16 AM

:goodpost:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelstill (Post 15917075)
Lbs. the Movie

This is on netflix and it is inspiring to see how some of us have the willpower to kick our food addictions to the curb .....

:goodpost:

Mim 09-03-2012 04:56 AM

Good morning! Happy Labor Day! Yesterday I worked in my dd's garage a bit. I have things in there I need to sort through, mostly clothes. I have a lot of size 18's that I bought when I got down to 207. They were a bit snug then but I had lost 60 pounds and was exercising and in the zone. And they were on a fantastic sale! Anyway, life took a weird turn and in all the traveling and relocating, I lost the ability to diet and exercise. I gained the weight back. I've lost 30, and because of the exercise I'm smaller than I was at this weight the first time I reached it. I hope to be able to wear these clothes by the first of the year. The vacation bloat is gone this morning! Tomorrow is weigh in!

CCGirl 09-03-2012 06:50 AM

Good morning! Happy Labor Day!

Bravo to those on plan and in their zone!

Yay on new (old) clothes for the inspiration, Mim ! Go you !!

Shreem 09-03-2012 10:17 AM

I have the original book from dr. atkins and i read about induction yesterday (for the miillionth time). i think i have finally-finally admitted to myself that high fats will not make me thin. even if i only eat meat and lots of fat--it just won't work for me.

because of the sensational writing and many people that talk about how well it works for them, i kept thinking that i was doing something wrong, that maybe that one splenda or that one diet coke or i'm drinking seltzer water instead of plain water was messing it up, because i know you have to be very careful, but i have to finally admit that it doesn't work for me, as much as i want it to-it does not.

so....even though that is hard to admit, i am very very very thankful that i did discover dr. stillman through this process, because that DOES work for me. it's just a little bit of reprograming because i had really bought into the atkins hype. I made so many friends at atkins and There was a time that i was able to make atkins work for me, but now going back and looking at food logs, the only time i did really loose and maintain on atkins was when I combined it with very low calories. i ate fat and protein, but the calories stayed extremely low-and I also cut out veggies. With stillmans i also have to stay very low with calories--but he encourages this and doesn't encourage extravegant eating, so i'm not knocking my head against the wall looking for what i'm doing wrong.

That said, i woke up this morning very lean. I did excellent for breakfast and then I noticed that there was jar of almond butter in the fridge. That food is trouble for me (learned to eat this from atkins), but I bought a jar at costco a couple weeks ago (i usually do not keep it around, because i eat it like ice cream). Because I was feeling so awesome and in control with the "no hunger" feeling after 3 strong days on stillmans, I decided to have a taste. I made a mistake, i should not have tried it. So that one taste turned into 3 Tablespoons, not the end of the world--but not a good choice. But the best thing that I did was walk right out to the garbage bin and dump the whole jar. I'm the only one in the house that eats it, so there is no reason for me to ever buy that again.!! Yea, I'm so happy. AFter that i took the dogs for a 1.5 hour walk and I feel great. I do not feel sick, and will just keep making better and better choices everytime I eat.:)

Shreem 09-03-2012 11:33 AM

so i have the original stillman's book called: The doctors quick weight loss diet. It is so good and i'm surprised to see that on the main diet he does not limit foods, but he is just very particular that you eat only what is on the list. he also allows SF sweetners, caffeine and says most people don't eat that much because they get full. they think they are eating a lot more than they actually are. He said that in a few cases a couple people ate a whole lot of protein the first two days, but then they naturally self regulated and did not really want to eat all that much after that.

Also: so interesting in the book are tons and tons of other alternatives for those that prefer to eat other things. They are all strict and all lower calorie. He even has the HF HP diet for some that can loose that way, but he says it's not the fastest way to weight loss, which is the low fat way. Just to name a few there is the "rice diet", the "raw diet", the nibbler diet, the "one meal a day diet", the vegetable diet and the list never ends. It's so interesting. I'll have a lot more tips to post from this book as I'm reading.

Mim 09-04-2012 06:10 AM

Good morning! I am officially not on vacation anymore. And today is my weigh in and guess what? I didn't gain while on vacation! Go me! Actually, I think I may have lost a pound. My last recorded weigh in was Aug. 8th and I was 3 pounds lighter then. That is when I joined the 30 pound loss club. Then I started to struggle and gained and lost but never lost back to the Aug. 8th weight. I am now only 3 pounds from that weight and I'm pretty sure that I'm a pound less than I was when I went on vacation two weeks ago. I hadn't realized how much in denial I had been about the lose/gain cycle until I opened my notebook this morning to enter my weight and saw that I hadn't done that since way before vacation! I am solid again - I'm not going to do the gain/lose. And on that note I've got to get ready and get to the office! I like vacation better!

CCGirl 09-04-2012 09:44 AM

Yay Mim ! :clap:

have a great day, y'all..........DH got called in to work so it's Ninja Home Improvement Hero today..........I painted the ceiling in the bedroom..........five bucks sez he doesn't notice until Friday !!!!!!!!!!! :D

Shreem 09-04-2012 04:31 PM

ok, so today was awesome. i tried turkey! Wow, it fills you up. I thought i was eating much more than I did. I have ended my day with 843 calories. 149 grams of protein with jut 3.4 grams of fat and 10 carbs. I feel very full and satisfied, but not stuffed or bloated, just like I've have plenty and do not need anything else. This is great.

CCGirl 09-05-2012 07:00 AM

WTG Shreeeeeeeeeem !!!!!!!! :clap:

hmmmmmmmm..............what to do with boneless chik breasts today.........:dunno:

Mim 09-05-2012 08:52 AM

Ug - getting back in the swing of things is hard. Work wise that is. I'm solidly on plan! I've lost my first half pound of my weigh week. It always feels good to have a loss show up on Wednesday.

CC: I've been enjoying stewing my chicken breasts in broth and seasonings. Yummy! That is what I had last night!

CCGirl 09-05-2012 11:03 AM

thanks Mim........sounds good. I can't decide if it's a hot food or cold food day. It's overcast and pleasant so far......

and lost shall we say two pounds over the Mom fest.........it looked like five but on the side of caution I'll say two. :clap:

Shreem 09-05-2012 11:38 AM

awesome, Mim and CC! If you either of you do not have the stillmans quick weight loss book, i recommend it to everyone. i'm reading through for "real" for the first time and it is so so helpful!!! Quite a bit different understanding aside from just eating straight from the list. His philosophy is tremendous. for him, it's really all about low calories and high protein. That combination curbs hunger and the low calories consistly followed will cause weight loss. All the protein also increases the number of calories we burn. However, he adds so many other ways of eating (common denominator is low calories) to accomodate anyones tastes. He even has a high fat high protein low calorie diet for those who prefer that. But always stresses low calories through out the whole book.

His quick weight loss, high protein diet is the star weight loss diet though and he says most will loose quickest with this strategy, however, all the others are geared for quick losses as well.

my eating is very good again today. turkey this morning. the turkey really does work well. mine is 99% fat free. 694 calories so far today, with 91% of that protein.

Yam-Yam 09-05-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCGirl (Post 15916278)
:welcome: WatchMe !!!!!!!!!!!

Mom is on the big bird back to FL so returning to normal here........and missing her already......ahhhhh, life, we all have one.......back to the stepchildren drama.......upcoming surgery for my stepdad...........:eek:

and here on the ranch, doing laundry and putting little bits of Mom away, waiting for her return........gardening clogs, gloves...

and continuing her LC learning when she's here, we knocked another 5 pounds off her in 12 days........two to four hours of yard work a day and Still's with veggies melts it right off...

hope everyone is doing great (I can see you all are :D) and missing our MIA's........GT, MMS, please check in and tell me things are okay......Al, IM2, Yam, I know you're out there somewhere :hugs:

off to take Ebay photos........the shoes are taking over, time to thin the herd.......TTYL !!

Hey CC!! I decided to pop in for a quick fly by post. You sound like your usual cheery self and that is wonderful! I'm in revolving door travel mode. Just have to say I had my first ever "sisters" vacation with two of my older sisters. We spent 8 awesome days in southern CA and had a blast. I think I either posted one or two pictures from that on my profile page.

Great news on your Mom losing 5 pounds. You are a great instructor.

I'm in maintain mode right now. We have several trips coming up including one to Hawaii in less than 2 weeks. I never totally unpack my suitcase.

Good to see the Stillman thread so active and so much success going on here! :hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mim (Post 15919490)
Good morning! I am officially not on vacation anymore. And today is my weigh in and guess what? I didn't gain while on vacation! Go me! Actually, I think I may have lost a pound. My last recorded weigh in was Aug. 8th and I was 3 pounds lighter then. That is when I joined the 30 pound loss club. Then I started to struggle and gained and lost but never lost back to the Aug. 8th weight. I am now only 3 pounds from that weight and I'm pretty sure that I'm a pound less than I was when I went on vacation two weeks ago. I hadn't realized how much in denial I had been about the lose/gain cycle until I opened my notebook this morning to enter my weight and saw that I hadn't done that since way before vacation! I am solid again - I'm not going to do the gain/lose. And on that note I've got to get ready and get to the office! I like vacation better!

Hey Mim!! WTG on being 30 pounds down!!! GO, GO, GO GIRL!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreem (Post 15917959)
so i have the original stillman's book called: The doctors quick weight loss diet. It is so good and i'm surprised to see that on the main diet he does not limit foods, but he is just very particular that you eat only what is on the list. he also allows SF sweetners, caffeine and says most people don't eat that much because they get full. they think they are eating a lot more than they actually are. He said that in a few cases a couple people ate a whole lot of protein the first two days, but then they naturally self regulated and did not really want to eat all that much after that.

Also: so interesting in the book are tons and tons of other alternatives for those that prefer to eat other things. They are all strict and all lower calorie. He even has the HF HP diet for some that can loose that way, but he says it's not the fastest way to weight loss, which is the low fat way. Just to name a few there is the "rice diet", the "raw diet", the nibbler diet, the "one meal a day diet", the vegetable diet and the list never ends. It's so interesting. I'll have a lot more tips to post from this book as I'm reading.

Shreem: How fun to read your enthusiasm for Dr. Stillman's book. It is so darn motivational for sure. Any time I want a pick-me-up I go back and read some of the things I've highlighted. Dating myself here, but the first time I ever read the book and followed QWL was in 1969 when it had just came out.

My brother and I did it together and I lost 55 pounds in 3 months. It was life changing for me and I stayed slim and trim most of my life by going back to Stills every time I put on 3-5 pounds.

Good stuff. I didn't start gaining serious weight until menopause hit and simultaneously I seriously injured my back. Nothing I tried, including Stills, kept the weight away even though I fought it tooth and nail.

Now I'm over all that and feeling more like myself again.

:hiya: Shout out to all you other Stillmanites! Have a great OP day!:D

Mim 09-05-2012 01:21 PM

Yam-Yam! How wonderful to see you! I love the pictures and love the hair! Pop in more often - we miss you!

catne 09-05-2012 01:28 PM

drive-by visit here, too!

Back from Disney World quickie-vacation...it was to celebrate my birthday, and we ate when, what & where we wanted. Had some truly delicious meals. Got home Monday evening, weighed myself right away yesterday morning and had popped up 10 lbs in that 3 nights/3 days. As hubby pointed out, there's no way I ate 35,000 extra calories, so it will go back down. And it is...lost 3 lbs from Tuesday AM to Wednesday AM. But Talk about WATER WEIGHT, jeez, I have such a messed up metabolism!

It's just so aggravating to pop up THAT much:annoyed: So I suppose it'll take me a week to get back down to pre-Disney weight.:annoyed:

Have to tell the truth: :yummy:Did enjoy it, though.:yummy:

Back to Stillman's yesterday, of course. Lots of low fat meaty foods now:up: