Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
hi all, glad to see no gains and successes out there.

Still trying to get a grip on my Dad passing unexpectedly last week, and the stepson stalking my Mom with pop up drive byes at her house and creepy phone calls.

And I have a pap and a mammo in two weeks and I haven't seen the OBGYN in six years, so, like I said, trying to keep calm.......

hugs to all
CC Take care of your self! you are in my thoughts right now

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2012, 01:15 AM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shreem
Stats: na
WOE: Stillmans Low Carb, Low Fat
Start Date: January 2010
hi all. i'm doing great with inches off. continuing to stay on the way low end of my goal weight. eating vegan with lots of real fruits, raw salads, whole grains like oatmeal, rice and barley and home cooked beans, split peas. also avocado every couple days. i eat most of my fruit right now in the morning before swimming. No FATS, no sugars, no animal products (not even dairy or eggs). I love this. One day at a time is how I'm going.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:02 AM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Shreem, if you are sticking to vegan for the long haul, please keep an eye on your teeth and gums. In the third year of veganism my teeth were at there worst, and only returning to meat did it stop. My hair started turning gray. After the first year I was perimanopausal, after meat my periods returned and my greys fell out and regrew blonde.

Thanks Mim, Mar, I haven't really talked to anyone about it, just trying to keep Mom focused and not fall apart; me, too, sort of...........
Old 09-26-2012, 08:15 AM   #214
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I just got back from breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Low carb but high fat. As of this morning I have lost 35 pounds! I'm feeling great! Gotta go - I'll check in later.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angelstill
Stats: not even close to where I want to be
WOE: Stillman /Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/12
Hugs to all my low carb friends and extra hugs to you cc girl I am deeply sorry for the loss of your father and my thoughts and prayers are for you and your mother during this very difficult time .... I apologize for my mia but life has its way of making changes for the good sometimes as well as for the not so good right ? .... Well, I have been dealing with one health issue after another and it is mainly due with my lack of self control with fatty foods and that I have become overweight. I suffered from gird, high blood pressure, edema and the lovely acid reflux , all that was contributed by a high fat diet. I had much of it under control with Stillmans and low carb Atkins. I was about to try an approach to the Dukan diet when about 3 weeks ago, I had severe and I mean severe pain on my right side and lower back also, the center of my upper abdomen, this attack occured in the middle of the night .... It was so painful and no meds helped just time and hot chamomile tea sips for hours .... I found out I have a gallstone the size and shape of a mini egg that with out any warning blocks the bile duct .... Dr. assumes my high fat and unhealthy diet is the culprit for such a stone .... Many foods need to be avoided so I have been following a gallstone diet that really stinks and in all honesty I had no such attacks while doing Stillman's .... Doctor recommended a high fiber diet and it just does not work for me .... I am gradually going Stillman's low fat high protein again .... I really missed all of you LCF however, I felt so depressed like all my fattiness made me so unhealthy I felt gross the only positive note is I lost weight from eating less .... The diet even excluded coffee I was dying without coffee.... The withdrawals were killing me oh, the unbeatable headaches .... I neeeeeed coffee I could not go on like that much longer.... so now I am starting on Still's lil by lil .... I am going to post my weight after my doc visit tomorrow I need a new battery for my scale .... I know I lost plenty .... I barely ate .... I had to start each morning drinking hot water with lemon in it, no coffee
Catne good luck with your second move ..... mim and mar awesome job ladies !!!! belated mar !!!! Shreem kudos to you inchin those inches away ! Anyone I missed ???? I hope all of you are safe and healthy !!!!

Trick or treat ! No sweets ! Give me something Stillman's to eat !
Old 09-27-2012, 04:39 AM   #216
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Angelstill - I'm sorry you have had a rough patch with the gallbladder. I'm glad you are feeling better now! I've had all the issues you have named and find that with Stillman's I don't have any issues. Everyone is different, though I'm glad you are getting back on Stillmans! I hope it helps!
Old 09-27-2012, 04:45 AM   #217
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Alas, I'm up a pound this morning. I'm quite sure it is sodium related - I drank a big cup of canned (boxed, actually) chicken broth last night and due to a rather hectic day did not get my water in. With yesterday's weigh in I' a pound from being in the next set of tens, so I really bummed the scale went the other way! Funny though - because I have been logging my daily weight I understand the weight fluctuations and since I know I was on plan, I also know that weight fluctuation is normal and that the pound will vanish, along with more. I have another busy day. After I put in some office hours I will head to dd's to help son with her porch. I worked with him yesterday and it is so great! We don't get to see each other very often. Have a great Thursday everyone!
Old 09-27-2012, 04:56 AM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Go Mim! Mmmmmmmm Cracker Barrell........

Angel, hang in there, when the gallstone is gone you will sort it out.

Every day is a good day.........
Old 09-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #219
Senior LCF Member

QDB on my way to the dr. Thank you mim and cc. !!!! I had an espresso and scrambled eggs this morning I sure missed coffee! I felt great on Still's I am sure it is whatever I did prior to this woe that caused this stone

Last edited by Angelstill; 09-27-2012 at 10:53 AM..
Old 09-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

159.6 today, Back into the 150's and at my prebday weight! yay!
Old 09-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Wtg mar!
Old 09-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #222
Senior LCF Member

I am 12 lbs less this month& although it was due to the whole gallstone conundrum I will take it .... today was eggs scramble. Espresso. X2 chicken and broth for lunch/dinner also 64oz water a lil chamomile before bed.... I am not sure if I am going to have surgery to remove the stone ..... I will do some more research .... I hope everyone is having a great losing streak
Old 09-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Just popped in to say hi. Read some of the back posts....CC, I am so sorry to hear of your loss and I want you to know that you are in my thoughts. Be strong.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

((((((((((MMS))))))))) I knew you were out there...........smile up at the moon tonight

now all we have to do is find GT ! Yam ! IM2 !

WTG Angel and Mar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from the chiro so hi ho, off to work I go !

GR8 day to all!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Hey mms ltns! How are you and your dd feeling? Well I m off to buy some yoga gear .... I decided to join a yoga class
.... I figure what a great way to keep healthy mind and body .... also Bf decided to take me to a New York City getaway
to visit MOMA and the fashion district he knows how much I love to design clothes..... I am always drawing or reading before bed.... I am looking forward to this also our winter vacay we go away in the winter a lot this year the Cayman Island is our plan .... I neeeeed to get svelte ! And healthy this stone has me concerned oh I guess tonight will be
fun we are entertaining a few friends on the patio with our new chimnea .... that lil thing keeps you surprisingly warm
BREAKFAST -An egg crepe /espresso/water
LUNCH- Chicken with broth in a cup/ iced water
DINNER-Broiled salmon .... I guess or tilapia I have not decided

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND LCF'S !!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
((((((((((MMS))))))))) I knew you were out there...........smile up at the moon tonight

now all we have to do is find GT ! Yam ! IM2 !

WTG Angel and Mar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from the chiro so hi ho, off to work I go !

GR8 day to all!
Smiling at the moon CC, you know me. We need to put a call out to GT, Yam and IM2....will them back! I'm about to do 7 clean days....its amazing how I can just snap back into it now....use to be such a challange and I often failed but I got there and believe anyone can with Stills....it . xx
Old 09-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
Hey mms ltns! How are you and your dd feeling? Well I m off to buy some yoga gear .... I decided to join a yoga class
.... I figure what a great way to keep healthy mind and body .... also Bf decided to take me to a New York City getaway
to visit MOMA and the fashion district he knows how much I love to design clothes..... I am always drawing or reading before bed.... I am looking forward to this also our winter vacay we go away in the winter a lot this year the Cayman Island is our plan .... I neeeeed to get svelte ! And healthy this stone has me concerned oh I guess tonight will be
fun we are entertaining a few friends on the patio with our new chimnea .... that lil thing keeps you surprisingly warm
BREAKFAST -An egg crepe /espresso/water
LUNCH- Chicken with broth in a cup/ iced water
DINNER-Broiled salmon .... I guess or tilapia I have not decided

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND LCF'S !!!!
Hi Anglestill....its been too long, I should have dropped by a lot sooner. Life is good.... back to the old me! dd is good too. Have not had time to read all the back posts, will probably take it from here....it would take me forever to catch up! Your menu is looking good. x

Last edited by makemeslim; 09-28-2012 at 02:09 PM..
Old 09-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Will be back tomorrow....night all.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #229
Senior LCF Member

yoga clothes & running gear for sweaty workouts | lululemon athletica this is where I will shop online I bought some yoga clothes, a few mats and resistant bands @ the mall and a

few other non related items like Halloween decor .... my favourite holiday! Dinner was salmon with seasonings yummy!
Just finished cleaning the patio and have some cheese , crudites and wines for our guests .... it is sweater weather
here .... I am sipping chamomile tea going sans wine tonight .... nitey nite
Old 09-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Just popped by to say hello to all. Keep it Stillmans gals, meat, meat, meat! Oh and eggs of course.

Last edited by makemeslim; 09-29-2012 at 08:30 AM..
Old 09-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Just popped by to say hello to all. Keep it Stillmans gals, meat, meat, meat! Oh and eggs of course.
Hi Makeme! nice to see you here!
Old 09-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #232
Senior LCF Member

mms yesssss lean protein! I see you started a thread to maintain your goal weight with the Stillman's inches off diet ....
I am not quite there yet but I am looking forward to that day! I am down another lb. Today's menu
Breakfast- 2 H.B eggs espresso
Lunch- seasoned ground beef tiny meatballs in beef broth.
Dinner - salmon seasoned broiled with four shrimps
Enjoy your Saturday everyone.... last night we played cards it sure kept my mind off of
foodies .... lol

Last edited by Angelstill; 09-29-2012 at 12:26 PM..
Old 09-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks giving is in about 2 weeks! How low can I get before then? This is my new goal I want to be able to load up on the mashed potatoes as they are my fav I don't really care for anything else but I know I will have 2 or 3 dinners that weekend so I gotta stick to plan until then!
Old 09-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Salmon and shrimp dinner was yum! I am going to satisfy my sweet tooth tonite with a cannfields cherry chocolate
diet soda.... boyfriend and I are going to watch a movie TED .... mim how did the porch come out? Mar I love mashed potatoes actually all potatoes! I usually substitute potato and rice with cauliflower ; however since it is the holiday I would enjoy it and go back on plan positively .... from now to then try to lose enough weight for some wiggle room ....
Old 09-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

This was interesting:

http://media.mercola.com/ImageServer.../carbs-big.jpg
Old 09-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Drive by post...

we got moved yesterday, have unpacked most of the boxes (about 4-5 left, I think. But I have to clean shelves before unpacking those...nice closet storage, but the wire shelves all have a greasy/grimey layer of crud on them that takes a good scrub to get it off. I know how I'm spending Sunday But at least then I can unpack the last few boxes & get settled.) Still have contractor finishing up redecorating project in bathroom...hit a snafu on putting the old mirror back up.

Weight holding steady for September with about a 5 lb. loss...not the greatest since it's just over a lb. a week, but honestly, we had so many restaurant meals, Tyson grilled chicken meals, etc. with all the travel & moving that's gone on this month I'll take a 5 lb. loss. Will do official month-end weigh in tomorrow...maybe it'll be down a bit more. (I can only hope...but with moving yesterday, it's been a weekend full of ATkins-style restaurant meals, and lots of sodium so water weight might be up.) But the month could have been a lot worse - will always choose losing a few lbs. over staying the same or gaining! Hopefully October will go more smoothly diet-wise for us (no MOVING!) and I can get a better loss going before holiday season hits. I'm with ya there, Christine...lose what I can between now & then, and then enjoy the holidays a bit more with a few off-plan meals probably (but not going whole-hog-carb-heaven-crazy for 6 weeks, lol. Just a couple of off-plan meals with dessert on the actual holiday of Thanksgiving & Christmas Eve/Christmas Day.)

Good to see many of you doing well...love hearing from the folks that are at or near goal, too: great inspiration for those of us still fighting the big fight!

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 09-29-2012 at 07:07 PM..
Old 09-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #237
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
CC: I am so, so, so sorry for the loss of your father. No words. Just big HUGS.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #238
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Just returned from Hawaii and I'm still in another time zone. We didn't have Internet access so that's why I didn't pop in at all.

I would post a picture or two from Waikiki, but I took all photos with my new iPhone 3GS and I can't figure out yet how to get the pictures on to my computer. Duh. Gonna have to Google it for instructions I guess.

Thought I could email myself a picture from the phone, but it won't come through to my email.

Anyway, we had a blast. I'm going to have to get serious about getting some vacation weight back off. Bleahhhhh!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 09-30-2012, 12:40 AM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Hi Makeme! nice to see you here!
Hi Mar, thank you....its good to be back!
Old 09-30-2012, 12:43 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstill View Post
mms yesssss lean protein! I see you started a thread to maintain your goal weight with the Stillman's inches off diet ....
I am not quite there yet but I am looking forward to that day! I am down another lb. Today's menu
Breakfast- 2 H.B eggs espresso
Lunch- seasoned ground beef tiny meatballs in beef broth.
Dinner - salmon seasoned broiled with four shrimps
Enjoy your Saturday everyone.... last night we played cards it sure kept my mind off of
foodies .... lol
Hi Angelstill, yes a little thread to keep one accountable! I'm not doing the inches off diet just yet but wondered if anyone hear had tried it? Another pound is great news!
Closed Thread