Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
OK last post! In hindsight I should have multiposted but oh well!

I was down to 159.6 this morning, finally back into the 150's!!!!

After all the dinner I have to go to this weekend I expect to be about 165 but now the 150's seem so attainable I am sure I will have no trouble bouncing back to the 150's and then back to the 140's in no time!

I am only 11 pounds away from my maintenance weight from before and back into all my fall/winter clothes (of course I gained in the spring so I was chubbier for the summer ) that didn't fit last month and are almost fitting now!

Hello 150's and 140's here I come!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
OK last post! In hindsight I should have multiposted but oh well!

I was down to 159.6 this morning, finally back into the 150's!!!!

After all the dinner I have to go to this weekend I expect to be about 165 but now the 150's seem so attainable I am sure I will have no trouble bouncing back to the 150's and then back to the 140's in no time!

I am only 11 pounds away from my maintenance weight from before and back into all my fall/winter clothes (of course I gained in the spring so I was chubbier for the summer ) that didn't fit last month and are almost fitting now!

Hello 150's and 140's here I come!
Way to go Mar!! That is great!
Old 09-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
hi y'all, just a drive by..........family drama this week

my excursion into EFGT maintenance has lost me two pounds or so, so I'm good. Lathering on the butter, olive oil and sour creammmmmmmmmm

keep on keepin' on !
Old 09-21-2012, 06:18 AM   #184
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
hi y'all, just a drive by..........family drama this week

my excursion into EFGT maintenance has lost me two pounds or so, so I'm good. Lathering on the butter, olive oil and sour creammmmmmmmmm

keep on keepin' on !
Peace be with you.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:25 AM   #185
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I'm down another pound! I'm loving the way this is going! My cold is getting better too! Yesterday my dd broke out a Wii dancing exercise game. It is really fun - it is abba - I love their music. I couldn't do it because of my cold but I enjoyed watching dd and the grandgirls do it. It was especially fun watching the 22 month old trying to follow the dance!
Old 09-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I'm down another pound! I'm loving the way this is going! My cold is getting better too! Yesterday my dd broke out a Wii dancing exercise game. It is really fun - it is abba - I love their music. I couldn't do it because of my cold but I enjoyed watching dd and the grandgirls do it. It was especially fun watching the 22 month old trying to follow the dance!
Yay!!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

158.8 this morning! Had 1 dinner tonight and we will see how it affects my weight in the morning
Old 09-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Last night my fantastic BF took me out for a steak dinner for my Bday, I did have bread and a couple bites of my baked potatoe but filled up on my steak and when I weighed in the morning I was only up .2 pounds and my scale always jumps up and down about .2 pounds so thats awesome!

Now to go for Bday lunch with my mom and family friends, I am having shrimp, and then dinner with my friends and I will have ribs and cake! lots a food but its my bday so I don't care!

Not sure what tomorrow's dinner is but I heard a cake will be involved!
Old 09-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #189
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Birthday Mar! Enjoy it!
Old 09-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #190
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I weighed the same this morning as I did yesterday. That's fine by me since I feel smaller. I'm going to have shrimp for lunch and shrimp for dinner and tomorrow I should see a change in the scale! Did I mention I'm getting smaller!
Old 09-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Happy bday Mar! Enjoy that cake!
Mim- I was the same today too...we can't lose every day. even though I'd love to! I broke down a bit today and had some tomato with bococcini cheese salad with balsamic vinegar/olive oil. Hope it doesn't set me back too much!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #192
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Sunday afternoon! I'm enjoying a quiet afternoon. I am the same weight I was yesterday and the day before. I'm expecting a loss tomorrow! We sure are a quiet bunch right now. But we will leave the light on for ya!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
Happy bday Mar! Enjoy that cake!
Mim- I was the same today too...we can't lose every day. even though I'd love to! I broke down a bit today and had some tomato with bococcini cheese salad with balsamic vinegar/olive oil. Hope it doesn't set me back too much!
Thanks, I did!

Thats one of my favorite salads! I have it sometimes with no ill effects so good luck!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

So yesterday I had a lunch and a dinner, lots of eating and I had about 3 drinks, and cake!

I am up to 160.6 today so, so far the weight gain has been ok but I know sometimes it takes a few days to show up so I will watch the scale.

I have one more dinner tonight and I am going to eat low carb until then, I have no clue what dinner is so I don't know how to prepare should I eat no carb? low carb?
Old 09-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #195
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I would stay no carb until dinner. Then I would enjoy the meal - whatever it is!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

I had my last bday dinner tonight,

it was seafood lasagna so I had a small portion and a small piece of bread with and and of course I had some cake and ice cream but all in all I didn't do too bad.

Nervous to weigh in tomorrow but if I stick to plan whatever the gain is I know it will come off quick with stills!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:50 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Hey mar- I started a 2 week stillmans challenge thread here you should join us now all your bday celebrations are over!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:03 AM   #198
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Mar - I hope the scale is kind to you this morning. I'm glad you had good things to eat on your birthday!

Healthy for life - I would join your two week challenge but I can't post in any more threads consistently. But I'll follow and root for all the participants. I have been on plan for awhile now and am in the zone!

But alas, I gained a half pound today. Not to worry though - I've been on plan so it is just a blip on the radar, nothing to worry about! It will be gone, along with a friend or two soon!

Happy Monday everyone!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:53 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Happy Birthday, Mar ...sounds like you had a lot of fun. Hope the scale gave you a gift, too.

Hello to everyone...hope your week goes well-can't believe it's the last week of September already. We're in Florida yet, so it's still very much summer-weather temps here (not "Fall" except on the calendar, lol.) Was looking at pics of nephew & his family on an outing to a pumpkin farm...they're in Chicago area...and they were all bundled up in the big sweatshirts & caps. Crazy to me that Fall is really falling! This year has flown by.

I'm still plugging along, losing very slow (about a pound a week is all, on average over the last 3.5 weeks) But that includes our totally off-plan 3 days at Disney, and that vacation's bounce-up on the scale, then the days to get that off. So basically had a week that just was a "wash" on the weight loss. Anyway, as I told hubby, losing a lb. a week is wayyyyyy better than gaining! Especially when I have the occasional higher carb/higher calorie/higher fat days to keep it live-able.

Down to the last room of packing our condo up (the kitchen...not the funnest room to pack) My plan is to cook up all the turkey burgers & ground chicken burgers I have on hand...will freeze some for quick microwave meals this week, cuz we Have another very busy week. And if I fry it all up now, I can pack the pans and skip cooking the rest of the week

Have to meet with the handyman-contractor to see if they can get the last few things done in the next couple of days: frustrating how they just never quite finish stuff. And the hours...have had several different guys working in there, and they all seem to start at about 10 or 10:30 AM. What's up with that? They put in about 6 hours & call it a full work day? I could see if they were picking up materials, etc before coming, but even when they have all the materials on hand they still show up an hour or two after most people would start the work day. They're doing good work, don't get me wrong...just think they could have been done a day or two ago if they'd actually put in 7-8 hour days,

Anyway, have a few last things this week besides finishing packing...window cleaners coming, cable TV/internet guy coming and have to get the cupboards cleaned out & lined. Then we'll be moving on Friday

So once again, not a whole lot of computer time for me, so I'll just be popping in over here every now & then.

Will be sooo glad to be done with this move...

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 09-24-2012 at 07:56 AM..
Old 09-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #200
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Cathy - I'm going to Disney late October. What is the usual weather for that time of year?
Old 09-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Mim, late October is usually pretty nice weather in Orlando...towards the end of the the rainy/hurricane season so starting to get the less humid air in. Expect day-time highs in the 80s (probably low to mid-80s) So shorts weather/short sleeve during the day...swimming weather if you're into that. Florida is still very much in summer-heat now (yesterday's high was 90 F in Tampa area, and Orlando/inland Florida is usually a couple of degrees warmer than the Gulf coast.) So October is still quite warm, even towards the end of October. Balmy, pleasant weather...killer heat is usually gone, heavy rains are mostly gone (though possible...pack some cheapie throw-away rain ponchos just in case! Officially, hurricane season does not end until Nov 30, but it's generally very much winding down by the end of October...very occasional stray storm still pops up but mostly the cooler air is making it's way south. Not cool enough to make it cold in Florida yet, but enough to make it pleasant.)

Evenings will get just slightly chilly some nights...a sweater, maybe. Though we've been over there even the first week of November when the overnight lows were only getting down to 70-74 F., so didn't even need a sweater after dark. We were there one year on November 10 or so, and they had put up the Osborne Christmas lights display over at Hollywood STudios...we were standing there in shirt sleeves & shorts, watching the light display, listening to Christmas music & having the fake snow fall on us...and it was 81 F. at 6:30 at night, lol.

I would pack summer clothes, with a pair of long pants & maybe a windbreaker type jacket just in case there would be record lows. But I would count on late-summer type weather.

Last edited by catne; 09-24-2012 at 10:32 AM..
Old 09-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #202
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Mim, late October is usually pretty nice weather in Orlando...towards the end of the the rainy/hurricane season so starting to get the less humid air in. Expect day-time highs in the 80s (probably low to mid-80s) So shorts weather/short sleeve during the day...swimming weather if you're into that. Florida is still very much in summer-heat now (yesterday's high was 90 F in Tampa area, and Orlando/inland Florida is usually a couple of degrees warmer than the Gulf coast.) So October is still quite warm, even towards the end of October. Balmy, pleasant weather...killer heat is usually gone, heavy rains are mostly gone (though possible...pack some cheapie throw-away rain ponchos just in case! Officially, hurricane season does not end until Nov 30, but it's generally very much winding down by the end of October...very occasional stray storm still pops up but mostly the cooler air is making it's way south. Not cool enough to make it cold in Florida yet, but enough to make it pleasant.)

Evenings will get just slightly chilly some nights...a sweater, maybe. Though we've been over there even the first week of November when the overnight lows were only getting down to 70-74 F., so didn't even need a sweater after dark. We were there one year on November 10 or so, and they had put up the Osborne Christmas lights display over at Hollywood STudios...we were standing there in shirt sleeves & shorts, watching the light display, listening to Christmas music & having the fake snow fall on us...and it was 81 F. at 6:30 at night, lol.

I would pack summer clothes, with a pair of long pants & maybe a windbreaker type jacket just in case there would be record lows. But I would count on late-summer type weather.
Thanks! That is helpful. I'll start getting things together! I'm going to have to buy shorts!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Thanks! That is helpful. I'll start getting things together! I'm going to have to buy shorts!
Hope they still have some on the Clearance racks for you. That would be the best way to get new summer clothes now!

And just a heads-up on Disney food...there's lot of LC choices available, but we find the food to be very salty and/or full of hidden carbs. In May 2012, we were there for 4 days/4 nights & gained 5 lbs. Without a single cheat! It was all water-weight, but took about a week to come back off so had a good week to 10 days with no losing going on

Had a good time there anyway (LOVE Disney World, all 4 parks & Downtown Disney. We go several times a year, have annual passes now that we're down in Florida so often. The Disney water parks are OK too.)
Old 09-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #204
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Hope they still have some on the Clearance racks for you. That would be the best way to get new summer clothes now!

And just a heads-up on Disney food...there's lot of LC choices available, but we find the food to be very salty and/or full of hidden carbs. In May 2012, we were there for 4 days/4 nights & gained 5 lbs. Without a single cheat! It was all water-weight, but took about a week to come back off so had a good week to 10 days with no losing going on

Had a good time there anyway (LOVE Disney World, all 4 parks & Downtown Disney. We go several times a year, have annual passes now that we're down in Florida so often. The Disney water parks are OK too.)
I remember you talking about the food. My plan is to stay on plan - if I gain water weight I will still feel better than if I gain from carbs. And I can eat tuna in the hotel! O joy!
Old 09-25-2012, 05:11 AM   #205
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I've had a banner week! I lost 3.5! Go me! Each of the previous two weeks I lost 1.5. Only half a pound to go for 35 lost!

I've got a busy week. My son and his girl are coming in to fix dd's porch. I'm in charge of lunches. So, along with work, I'll have to fix meals and they obviously need to be something I can eat! I have lots of chicken on hand!

Happy Tuesday everyone!
Old 09-25-2012, 05:14 AM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi all, glad to see no gains and successes out there.

Still trying to get a grip on my Dad passing unexpectedly last week, and the stepson stalking my Mom with pop up drive byes at her house and creepy phone calls.

And I have a pap and a mammo in two weeks and I haven't seen the OBGYN in six years, so, like I said, trying to keep calm.......

hugs to all
Old 09-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #207
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

CC- I'm so sorry for your loss. Be gentle with yourself. You are in my prayers.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Mim, that means a lot. It was so unexpected..........I suppose it always is.

I'm basically the command post for Mom as she muddles through the mountains of paper that he apparently had hoarded for years.

I told her, 'Better a big trail than nothing to go on.'

This is her second time as a widow and last time she was a basket case, they had just filed for divorce and the guilt hung on for years after.

At least this time they were blissfully in love, so there is no guilt or loathing, just love and sadness.

And his horrible kids, poisoned for years by their mother that he was the bad guy.......

He was a King among men who deserves much of the credit for the development of today's modern small catheters and research on artery blockage.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O, and to top it all off I have an awful cold................
Old 09-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #210
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
O, and to top it all off I have an awful cold................
again I say: Peace be with you. I'm glad for your mom that you can be there for her. We are here for you.
Closed Thread